• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

This is going straight to the banned games list, isn't it?

This will never get localized so it won't "officially" be on it. It's just another one of those games that you probably shouldn't make threads about.

That trailer makes even me a bit uncomfortable

Does anyone in this thread have both a capture Vita (or PSTV + capture kit if it works on PSTV) and Gundam Breaker 2?

Basically, I need screenshots from the Vita version of the game, and there literally aren't any as the on-Vita function is disabled and there was no press release from Bamco with Vita screens.

(Note; A capture Vita is the best option as then you can screenshot the running window.)

Can my Vitabros and Vitabroettes help me out? :)

Kudo

i cannot believe galgun is getting a sequel

It's great and funny game so I for one am happy, don't know about the sales though how well the first one did.
I just bought it month ago with PS Move controllers and having lots of fun with it.

As for the sequel, it definitely takes things on higher level so we probably won't see threads for it here so that no one gets upset.

SerTapTap

Are Ether One or Never Alone worth pushing through for story/etc reasons? I love artsy stuff and story driven games but neither is doing much for me so far and the gameplay is a turnoff in both too.

Didn't see this posted here yet, PSV/PS4 GalGun Double Peace gameplay trailer
It's nsfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL5-tKX6H54

Looks like tons of reused assets unsurprisingly. At least it'll have better IQ I guess. It'll support Move, right? I have the 360 version (came with my JP 360 lot, my only non shmup), looks about the same as this honestly but I'm not entirely feeling the lightgun controls with stick. It seems...okay. Just a competent but not amazing lightgun game with a pervy skin basically.

Shooters/Shmups. Sony had a ridiculous policy early in the ps3 gen where they didnt allow STGs being on the ps3 because they werent widescreen/HD. Its the primary reason 360 became to amazing stg machine it is.

I can't believe how fucking stupid Sony has been with a few (old) policies like that. They almost didn't want 2D games on PS1 either. Imagine no Mega Man 8, X4, no SOTN, what the fuck. I hoped the shmups would be back this gen but puzzlingly no, Cave's basically dead and MOSS is back on Xbone, 5PB seems to be too. Unsure what happened to Qute and some of the other little guys.

Does anyone have updated instructions on creating a Japanese PSN account with a PC/Mac? I can only find guides from 2 or 3 years ago and everything is PS3 specific.

I set up an account a long time ago, but I must have used a fake birth date so I can't reset the password.

Can you not do it from the console? It's a pretty easy step by step process that way. The only part that isn't super obvious is finding a fake address (just google "japanese address). And if you're going to use a fake birthdate at least pick the right day and wrong year so it's easier to guess--aside from age gates I don't know why people bother...

Kudo

Looks like tons of reused assets unsurprisingly. At least it'll have better IQ I guess. It'll support Move, right? I have the 360 version (came with my JP 360 lot, my only non shmup), looks about the same as this honestly but I'm not entirely feeling the lightgun controls with stick. It seems...okay. Just a competent but not amazing lightgun game with a pervy skin basically

Definitely going to feature lots of reused assets, it's set in the same school as the first one. At least it'll have more maps like the air ducts and mysterious dungeon!
I don't think they'll keep the Move support, it's PS4/PSV only and so far they haven't said anything about it. I think all the footage is from PSV version so far, we'll have to wait and see how the PS4 looks like, I'd assume it's going to be 1080/60.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This will never get localized so it won't "officially" be on it. It's just another one of those games that you probably shouldn't make threads about.

That trailer makes even me a bit uncomfortable

A bunch of games that would have never been localized on the DS/PSP/PS3 have been localized this generation.

If XCOM came to Vita, I'll only have been waiting three fucking years. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Enemy Within, though?
How is this game compared to the other Civ games? Cuz FYI Civ games will consume your life and soul.
I have heard mixed things. Obviously it's dumbed down compared to PC Civ games. I really want a Windows tablet to play Civ V but it seems the new Surface isn't good enough.

Ambitious

Just completed Shovel Knight. 74%, 14 hours. Great game, and I say that as someone who usually doesn't like retro 2D platformers at all.

SerTapTap

Definitely going to feature lots of reused assets, it's set in the same school as the first one. At least it'll have more maps like the air ducts and mysterious dungeon!
I don't think they'll keep the Move support, it's PS4/PSV only and so far they haven't said anything about it. I think all the footage is from PSV version so far, we'll have to wait and see how the PS4 looks like, I'd assume it's going to be 1080/60.

PS4 supports Move just fine, they'd be dumb not to include it IMO. I think it's actually a lot better on PS4, I had less "out of range" problems (the WORST part of wand pointer anything) in Octodad than I recall having on PS3.

autoduelist

It seems a bit weird since the rating says 2012. It was apperantly added in Sept 2014 though, but that was also quite a while ago. Either it was planned but scrapped or we'll hear more at E3 I guess.

September 2014 isn't that long ago if the game is in development. It would be a nice E3 get, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

---

Haven't played #2, but Civ Riv is a simplified Civ that still manages to be addictive as long as you aren't such a hardcore player that you'll miss everything they streamlined. I'm sure 2 improved on the first, should be a solid game.

RK128

Didn't see this posted here yet, PSV/PS4 GalGun Double Peace gameplay trailer
It's nsfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL5-tKX6H54

Was scrolling past a few pages I missed (been focused on getting college work done the past few hours) and this....okay then :l.

So its a light gun game where you 'shoot' girls being possessed by some demon thing :l. Japan is lovely isn't it XD.

That is awesome news :D. The Vita getting more ports from 2K tittles makes a lot of sense, as the Vita version of Borderlands 2 seemed to be successful for both 2K and Sony :). I wonder if this means we will be getting a Bioshock 1 port in the future as well, considering that also landed on iOS not to long ago.

Dont have to format my card or anything?

If you're looking to be safe, I'd maybe rebuild the database - but no, save corruption (and even data corruption) happens sometimes. As long as you're not getting multiple occurrences of it across different apps/games/usages I wouldn't worry too much.

Tizoc

Yeesh, how much longer am I gonna grind for EXP before I have enough to progress in Demon Gaze?
The manager charges less gold if I have less health to recover I take it?

Right now I'm planning on fighting Ares with one circle left, but to reach it I gotta get past this forced battle against a horde of enemies =_=.

Think I am going to finally bite the bullet and pick up a 64GB Vita Card from somewhere. While I am doing that, are there any other Asia/Japan unique Vita items I should think about picking up at the same time?

I remember seeing a list of Asia Vita games with English subtitles around here but now I can't find it... Like more JRPG than Monster Hunter.

Zhao_Yun

Yeesh, how much longer am I gonna grind for EXP before I have enough to progress in Demon Gaze?

Right now I'm planning on fighting Ares with one circle left, but to reach it I gotta get past this forced battle against a horde of enemies =_=.

The amount of gold you have to pay is dependent on the levels of your party.

Shengar

Until you can brute force trash mob without takin damage and using Mp.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Price goes up the higher lv your characters are.

Its generally how Drpgs are since everything is a stats based game which means you need levels to win. Also due to how skills become unlocked by reaching the lv caps and such.

If you have like a samurai for example or someone who can use the samurai skill for attacking multiple lines of enemies should make things easier with combat against multiple enemies.

Or if you have MP to burn and just nuke em with a multiple target spell lol.

In comparison to other games Demon Gaze isnt too bad though with the whole working towards levels situation. :)

Sides you still will be fighting a lot anyways to gain new equipment from using gems and such, since equipment is pretty important as you already know.

Parakeetman

This is going straight to the banned games list, isn't it?

Generally the only reason why things get banned is due to having a bunch of peoplemaking noise about the title in general for the wrong reasons and general behavior in threads. As for the most part otherwise mods leave things alone.

Since my import OT of the now banned title we were left alone due to not only how the OT was structured but how the conversation in general within the thread itself was.

Then as the thread that got said game banned you can see how stupid behavior along with finger wagging is what got it banned. And these are generally be people who would never have picked up said title in the first place.

Shizuka

... I'm a fan of Senran Kagura, and that trailer made me uncomfortable.

It looks tamer than Senran Kagura, honestly.

c78.gif

Tohsaka

I played a little of the first Gal Gun, it was pretty amusing. I had trouble with some of the choices though, since they weren't voiced.

Shengar

The thing with DRPG is, even after I able to clean trash unscathed bosses most of the time still able to wipe clean my team. They always find a way to screw you. It can be from your healer got one shot, turning your DPSer on your own team, or healer caught a status effect when everybody needs healing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I'm a bit confused with Demon Gaze here. I need to use circles to get more equipment, but I keep getting Mars randomly showing up and I have no hope of beating her at the moment. Wat do?

Can you not do it from the console? It's a pretty easy step by step process that way. The only part that isn't super obvious is finding a fake address (just google "japanese address). And if you're going to use a fake birthdate at least pick the right day and wrong year so it's easier to guess--aside from age gates I don't know why people bother...
I haven't owned a PS3 in years, so that method isn't an option. I don't think it's possible on PS4, but I could be wrong.

I haven't owned a PS3 in years, so that method isn't an option. I don't think it's possible on PS4, but I could be wrong.

PS4's account system works similar to the PS3's, not the Vita's. It's certainly possible on PS4. I set mine up via the JP webstore, but even for me (with some Japanese) it was a bit of a hassle.

autoduelist

Okay, so I'm a bit confused with Demon Gaze here. I need to use circles to get more equipment, but I keep getting Mars randomly showing up and I have no hope of beating her at the moment. Wat do?

it's been ages since i played... but i think you're supposed to use summon circles you've already found. once mars starts showing up all the new ones will have her, since you're supposed to beat her.

Hikami

I hate whoever told me to go play Suikoden 1 first, almost skipped out on 2 because of how much I didn't really like the first one.
Suikoden 2 is amazing so far.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
it's been ages since i played... but i think you're supposed to use summon circles you've already found. once mars starts showing up all the new ones will have her, since you're supposed to beat her.

Alright, cool.

So basically right now I'm just grinding XP and items to sell for money so I can fill out my party. Is that what I SHOULD be doing? Feels like a lot of grinding right at the start.

Parakeetman

Finally finished the Experience Inc community thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1043776

Alright, cool.

So basically right now I'm just grinding XP and items to sell for money so I can fill out my party. Is that what I SHOULD be doing? Feels like a lot of grinding right at the start.

Basically yes, since you need $$$ to fill out your party members and it will make things easier.

Its the one design feature of the game that some folks new and old to the genre do not like and is understandable considering that most other titles will either fill out your party via story progression or right from the start you can make a full party.

Top Bottom