• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So Demon Gaze is pretty awesome, so far! The memo system, though...yeah, I probably will be keeping that off. >.>

Yeah that would be a good idea. Giving idiots a way to communicate is never a good thing. Thought the unfortunate bit is you might miss out on useful notes that tell you about hidden doors or hidden collectible items. Since am not sure if there are any English wikis as detailed as JP ones.

Hikami

Yeah that would be a good idea. Giving idiots a way to communicate is never a good thing. Thought the unfortunate bit is you might miss out on useful notes that tell you about hidden doors or hidden collectible items. Since am not sure if there are any English wikis as detailed as JP ones.

So Demon Gaze is pretty awesome, so far! The memo system, though...yeah, I probably will be keeping that off. >.>

There's a google doc with quite a bit of info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/edit
I don't think it tells you where the hidden doors or items are though, you'd have to look at a map on gamefaqs or something.

But yeah, only reason I kept those memos on is because they were actually useful at times with hidden stuff saying "kick here" and such.
XalICCS.jpg

Though most of the times it'll just be *huff* *huff*..

Parakeetman

There's a google doc with quite a bit of info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/edit
I don't think it tells you where the hidden doors or items are though, you'd have to look at a map on gamefaqs or something.

But yeah, only reason I kept those memos on is because they were actually useful at times with hidden stuff saying "kick here" and such.

Though most of the times it'll just be *huff* *huff*..

Yeah those shrooms / skulls are a pain in the ass to find otherwise. Before the JP wikis went full active I just kept going around kicking everything that looked like an odd location where one would be found...D:

autoduelist

Alright, cool.

So basically right now I'm just grinding XP and items to sell for money so I can fill out my party. Is that what I SHOULD be doing? Feels like a lot of grinding right at the start.

Filling out your party is goal number 1. Shouldn't take all that long, really. It's an odd design choice - most drpgs let you start with a full party (some also let you have a summoning slot, etc, but the main party is full at start). But by the time you do that, you should be pretty familiar with the game. Get your new characters up a few levels and take on Mars. Once you have a full party the mob fights should fly by.

Parakeetman

Mars isnt too bad and its possible to beat her with 3 party members if you do not want to take the time out to get a 4th before hand.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay seriously. I need a total of 5,500G for a fourth member + a room? Is there any way to get money quicker? Or just grind like I've been doing?

Parakeetman

Okay seriously. I need a total of 5,500G for a fourth member + a room? Is there any way to get money quicker? Or just grind like I've been doing?

You can sell equipment that you gain from gems, though it slows you down also. Price of new rooms goes up with each member.

1st Room = Free from game event
2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

When you rent a room it comes with a member that you can change if you want.

Do not buy a member then a room. Otherwise you are wasting $$$.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview#

#1 To earn early-game money, buy "Nameless Gems" from the store, put 3 in each circle you Summon from. The shop carries an infinite supply of them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nice buy. :)

Wrong thread but use it to enjoy The Witcher 3.

Congrats man :D! Enjoy some great PC games with you new laptop man :).
Thanks guys! XD

Via Wario64, Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita rated in Brazil.

http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificac...JogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=6867

I really want to believe, but i cannot deny to myself that those look extremely suspicious:
-This is 2k, not Konami gust/tecmo koei, i don't see them using "plus" on the title, borderlands 2 was everything but "plus".
-the xcom+ one clearly refers to the 2012 xcom game adding Vita and "plus", i guess it's credible, but already eight months are passed since the modification and still we have nothing.
-the CV2+ is 2015 but for PSP and why ios is not listed like in the xcom+ one?

Mmmm, i dunno... just to be safe it would be better to not count on them imo.

Tizoc

You can sell equipment that you gain from gems, though it slows you down also. Price of new rooms goes up with each member.

2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview#

Thanks for this!
So I should buy a room for 1000 G then recruit a 3rd member, pref. a samurai?
I think my Gazer is already a Paladin since he recovers HP every turn, and my Elf is a Fighter.
So P, F, S, Healer and a Wizard maybe?

Parakeetman

Thanks for this!
I think my Gazer is already a Paladin since he recovers HP every turn, and my Elf is a Fighter.

It depends on your play style. I went with getting a healer for my third character.

Demon Gazer / Paladin / Healer / Samurai / Mage

is what I had originally before I lost my data.

Then went

Demon Gazer / Paladin / Healer / Samurai / Ranger

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Thanks for this!

I don't think gazers can become paladins. Paladins gain different skills. Paladins are pretty useless early on, but about a dozen levels in you get a skill where they absorbs damage for party members. I think gazer, samurai, paladin, healer and wizard is pretty good for a party. That's what I am rolling with right new.

Parakeetman

I don't think gazers can become paladins. Paladins gain different skills. Paladins are pretty useless early on, but about a dozen levels in you get a skill where they absorbs damage for party members. I think gazer, samurai, paladin, healer and wizard is pretty good for a party. That's what I am rolling with right new.

Paladins become pretty much unkillable end game lol.

Parakeetman

Can I change a character's class in DG?

Dont think so. Once you create someone they are stuck as that class. You can have a few more extra reserve characters though, but you need to swap them in / out of the rented rooms if you want to use them.

You can have a total of 7 characters, this excludes the MC. With the MC its 8. So there will be 3 characters who will be unassigned to a room and you will need to swap them in / out of a room to add them into your party from standby status.

Valkyria

Banned
Sorry for the offtopic but this is the only mostly NA community I'm part of.
I bought from playasia Sonic Unleashed 360 NTSC-U. I live in Spain. At the time of the purchase it said that was compatible with PAL system, today after trying playing with no luck it is marked with a question mark in the PAL compatibility.
I feel ripped off and probably I need to sell it to someone in America because I doubt anyone close to me has an NTSC-U console.
[/rant]]

SerTapTap

So in Tron Bonne do I have to equip these new weapons and stuff I buy for the Gustoff or is everything auto equipped? I THINK I am powered up but to be quite honest everything looks the same after buying like 300k worth of stuff. I think I beat up the police woman way easier with my new gear though.

I haven't owned a PS3 in years, so that method isn't an option. I don't think it's possible on PS4, but I could be wrong.

You can do it from PS4, start a new account, pick JApanese region, I Think you just go from there. I did it for an EU account but I'm sure it works for JP too. Just name your Japanese account something different in the "real name" field, I have 3 SirTapTaps on my PS4 and I pick them by the icon.

I think people majorly overestimate how raunchy Gal Gun is. The only thing super weird in that video is that weird monster thing with the butt-slap tentacle. The normal gameplay of the first game is like 10x tamer than the shock and horror I expected from western reactions to it. The original 360 game even got censored so you can't look up skirts which is a common enough thing to see in a T rated game which is pretty hilarious.

People's impressions of fanservice often seem colored by out of context, most extreme stuff from games they haven't played though, I've seen some crazy opinions about Dangan Ronpa 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia that do not remotely match up to the actual games. Like <5 lewd, non-interactive scenes in a 20+ hour game makes you raunchier than a game where you strip people, okay then.

I played a little of the first Gal Gun, it was pretty amusing. I had trouble with some of the choices though, since they weren't voiced.

Choices are what kill me in these half-VN games. I tried Google Translate's photo-to-translate feature but it's just not good enough. I can get some of the UI if I'm lucky, that's about it. Too many games use weird fonts I guess.

Tizoc

Sorry for the offtopic but this is the only mostly NA community I'm part of.
I bought from playasia Sonic Unleashed 360 NTSC-U. I live in Spain. At the time of the purchase it said that was compatible with PAL system, today after trying playing with no luck it is marked with a question mark in the PAL compatibility.
I feel ripped off and probably I need to sell it to someone in America because I doubt anyone close to me has an NTSC-U console.
[/rant]]

Far as I can recall the 360 is region locked wasn't it?
You can visit the BST thread for a trade or for someone to buy it from you.

Zhao_Yun

Far as I can recall the 360 is region locked wasn't it?
You can visit the BST thread for a trade or for someone to buy it from you.

It was, but at least half of the games were region-free. Importing was bothersome nevertheless.

Same here, my team was unstoppable. Well until the last boss lol... Wonder if I'll ever go back to finish it off.

What was the problem?
As Shizuka said, you shouldn't be afraid to use items in that fight.

Kudo

Choices are what kill me in these half-VN games. I tried Google Translate's photo-to-translate feature but it's just not good enough. I can get some of the UI if I'm lucky, that's about it. Too many games use weird fonts I guess.

Choices are really simple in GalGun, but if you can't read japanese from my experience most of the "wrong" answers are in Circle button, it's usually the pervy answer which leads to Bad End if you choose it too much.
I haven't played all routes yet so can't say it's for all girls but 2 of which I have played have had the choices so that Triangle is most of the times correct and Circle is mostly wrong, the sound effect you get after answering indicates if it was good or bad answer.
Fairly sure there is some guide up somewhere with the right choices for each route.

Tizoc

Mars is kicking my ass =_=

Is the fastest way to earn gold and EXP, is to buy Nameless Gems and then keep using them at circles? Do the items the enemies drop make up for the gold spent on N. Gems?

Shizuka

Mars is kicking my ass =_=

Is the fastest way to earn gold and EXP, is to buy Nameless Gems and then keep using them at circles? Do the items the enemies drop make up for the gold spent on N. Gems?

Which difficulty level did you choose? Don't be afraid to switch to an easier one.

Tizoc

Which difficulty level did you choose? Don't be afraid to switch to an easier one.

I'm Normal but finally beat Mars.

I am lvl. 8 atm, but...when I created my fighter I made them an Elf so they get points into Int. which they never use =_=

BTW how do i avoid taking damage from fire and poison floors? Do I rely on healing staff for now?

I also unlocked Black Cage, should I venture in there for a few quick EXP and Gold?

Cha

Restored Tekken6 to my Vita today. Man, I forgot what a great psp port this was. It's so good. I really missed playing Tekken! Noticed that it feels slightly better to play with bi-linear filter turned off (Jaggier image though).

Completed Broken Age today too. Both acts were fantastic, but a few things in act 2 were a little annoying. Overall, I still enjoyed it.

Tried Race the Sun for a bit. It was good, but the lack of shadows is kind of a big deal for me. since the game is about staying in the light and avoiding the darkness (that was meant to be) cast. Still a good challenge I guess.

Don't be afraid to use your items, some of them make you invincible.

What was the problem?
As Shizuka said, you shouldn't be afraid to use items in that fight.
I don't remember the details exactly since it's been a few months but the last boss
I think kept regen-ing its health. I also remember there being some kinds of shields that made things even tougher, as well as its attacks that would completely wipe my party.
Again its been a while but I remember hitting a wall there, and after a few days of trying eventually giving up there.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So far the footage I've seen from the Vita port of Disney Infinity looks insanely blurry. Framerate isn't too hot either.

Did you expect anything different? It's probably made by the same people that realized other late vita ports.

Link to the video?

RK128

So far the footage I've seen from the Vita port of Disney Infinity looks insanely blurry. Framerate isn't too hot either.

The thing about that port is that a majority of the footage from the port from the PS TV, which blows up the image and when it isn't native res....it looks off :l.

Saw gameplay on Vita and it looks good; bright colors, detail from the console versions still present in the Vita build, and the gameplay looks 1-to-1 from the PS3/360/Wii U versions. Granted, I can't give a fair assessment of the game, due to not owning it (do not plan on picking it up....hate the toys to life gimmick; feels really evil XD), but that is what I gather from what I saw of the game online :).

I like how portable the game is though, as the Infinity base can fit in your pocket, so when you can put the thing down, you can play the game anywhere :D. The issue is that the game doesn't record the figure you scanned (working exactly like the console versions), so portability is affected sadly; you cant exactly hold on to your Iron Man figure, base and play set when playing on a bus after all :l.

RK128

Yeah, it's probably the lowest res Vita game I've played. Other than that it plays fine. Like playing a really pretty PSP game, I suppose.

Saw gameplay of the Guardians of the Galaxy playset and it looks really washed out, but the Spider-man and Avengers playsets look good, so I guess those specific ones transitioned to the Vita better I suppose.

Its impressive they got the game on Vita to begin with honestly, as each of the different playsets and the toy box are huge alongside having frame rate issues on consoles to begin with (at least on Wii U, hear that that version of 2.0 has frame rate drops). So 2.0 running on Vita and looking good is impressive honestly :).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

Thanks for this, it's super helpful!

RK128

Something cool happened; I won a Vita youtube contest :D! Thanks to LatestVitaGames, I got a game called Sayonara UmiharaKawase+ for free (a 17+ dollar game to boot XD).

Can't wait to try it out when it finishes downloading :).

Takao

Banned
NDPsycho pointed out that Gamestop US customers are getting a bunch of free stuff if they purchase Disney Infinity on Vita:

moKWcpy.png

Buy Vita set for $60, get 1x Avengers set, 1x Rare Power Discs, 1x Standard Figure free. Applicable in-store and online.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports, but it's a solid deal for collectors. DI 2.0 Vita is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.

RK128

NDPsycho pointed out that Gamestop US customers are getting a bunch of free stuff if they purchase Disney Infinity on Vita:

moKWcpy.png

Buy Vita set for $60, get 1x Avengers set, 1x Rare Power Discs, 1x Standard Figure free. Applicable in-store and online.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports, but it's a solid deal for collectors. DI 2.0 Vita is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.

This is a great way to push a late port; incentive new buyers with extras on top of the existing offer (another 4-5 hour 'game' with the Marvel Avengers playset, some power disks and a extra figure) while also giving existing buyers some cool things to get if they didn't get it in the past (a extra figure and the Avengers Playset for example)

VLiberty

Now that I think about it, a Bioshock 1 port would be wonderful, I have 2 and Infinite thanks to PS+ but I'd like to play 1 first. But since I already own 2 and Infinite and I haven't played those yet, it doesn't seem wise to me to buy another one. Unless it's on Vita.

Producer

Something cool happened; I won a Vita youtube contest :D! Thanks to LatestVitaGames, I got a game called Sayonara UmiharaKawase+ for free (a 17+ dollar game to boot XD).

Can't wait to try it out when it finishes downloading :).

thats a great game you won, enjoy it, It might look easy but its one of the more difficult platformers out there.

RK128

thats a great game you won, enjoy it, It might look easy but its one of the more difficult platformers out there.

Thanks :D. Started playing and.....I understand what you mean by hard XD! I love platformers though and the fact it also has the original SNES game is really nice too. Speaking of the SNES game, I found that it controls better then the 'new' remake....guess I just have to get used to things before I make a statement like that though :).

Yasumi

Banned
Just bought that from eBay direct from UK for $12 total shipped to NA. Brand new and sealed too, seller had a few of them but didn't sell them all so I'll post a link if they come back.
This one? Comes out to about $22 for me, with the Canadian dollar being so garbo. VGP dispatch isn't too far away from my city, it's only a few dollars more with tax, and I'd rather not deal with the risk of having to pay customs. Awesome deal for non-Canadians though.

Tizoc

So for those of you with a PS4, this is releasing soon, and it's a game from Brazil
header.jpg

It's base price is $10 so expect maybe a plus discount.

I got it on Steam and will give it a play to see how it holds up. I ain't expecting anything mind blowing, but I'm always down for a decent third person action adventure game.
So fi you want your 3rd person action adventure fix, consider getting this game.

autoduelist

Yup, they're eventually amazing at allowing you to focus incoming damage... very useful.

I'm Normal but finally beat Mars.

I am lvl. 8 atm, but...when I created my fighter I made them an Elf so they get points into Int. which they never use =_=

BTW how do i avoid taking damage from fire and poison floors? Do I rely on healing staff for now?

I also unlocked Black Cage, should I venture in there for a few quick EXP and Gold?

the bonuses for racial/class combinations are usually nice to haves, but not essential to winning or anything. that said, i generally line them up for basic 'this is how it's supposed to be' reasons -- elves = magic users, etc.

re: difficultly levels. it's beatable on hard w/o much grinding... i mean, i know I beat it on whatever the hardest setting was and never considered it grindy. gaining funds for rooms and then getting a super rare weapon for the plat are the only times i remember feeling like i had to do any at all. And in the case of getting money for rooms, you're also prepping your team for early bosses so it was dual purpose. By the time i had the money, i could beat the boss.

Top Bottom