• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

maouvin

All this Demon Gaze talk is making me itch to start it, but I don't know if I'll manage finding time for another RPG right now.

Already got room on the MC after finding out that KZ:M (as most FPSs) isn't for me, at least!

So for those of you with a PS4, this is releasing soon, and it's a game from Brazil
header.jpg

It's base price is $10 so expect maybe a plus discount.

I got it on Steam and will give it a play to see how it holds up. I ain't expecting anything mind blowing, but I'm always down for a decent third person action adventure game.
So fi you want your 3rd person action adventure fix, consider getting this game.

I need to check some impressions on this one as it's the first brazilian game that interested me in a long time. Then again, $10 is impulse purchase territory.

So for those of you with a PS4, this is releasing soon, and it's a game from Brazil
header.jpg

It's base price is $10 so expect maybe a plus discount.

I got it on Steam and will give it a play to see how it holds up. I ain't expecting anything mind blowing, but I'm always down for a decent third person action adventure game.
So fi you want your 3rd person action adventure fix, consider getting this game.

Very curious in this one.

Played Color Guardians, which is also Brazilian, pre-release for Viligiant Gamers and an after embargo review and playthrough video will go up on Tuesday.

Going to get Breach and Clear and Ultraton for Vita. Will get Nom Nom Galaxy when I get off the road.

Khronico

So I'm strongly considering trading in my OLED vita to amazon next week and getting the 2000 model, but I'm still a bit apprehensive about the switch.

The biggest factors in doing this right now are A) My vita was used when I got it and has numerous scratches on the screen including a hairline scratch directly in the center (along with tons of cosmetic scratches on the back touchscreen), B) The slightly longer battery life, and C) The 1000 model is slightly too bulky for my hands making it uncomfortable in longer play sessions.

Has anyone traded there OLED model in for a 2k? If so, do you think it was a good choice?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm Normal but finally beat Mars.

I am lvl. 8 atm, but...when I created my fighter I made them an Elf so they get points into Int. which they never use =_=

BTW how do i avoid taking damage from fire and poison floors? Do I rely on healing staff for now?

I also unlocked Black Cage, should I venture in there for a few quick EXP and Gold?

If you go and get Chronos next having her equipped gives you the ability to ignore damage panels in a dungeon.

carlos

okay, so the PSN is starting to annoy me; the ps4 won't start up any digital games, none of the online features are working (browser works but nothing psn related)

and even the vita won't work; race the sun stays stuck on the unity loading screen.

it was all working fine yesterday....even if the internet was down, thats no reason for all the games (some are mine, some are plus) to stop working, right?

wtf? any comments? google is failing me...

Tizoc

Very curious in this one.

Played Color Guardians, which is also Brazilian, pre-release for Viligiant Gamers and an after embargo review and playthrough video will go up on Tuesday.

Going to get Breach and Clear and Ultraton for Vita. Will get Nom Nom Galaxy when I get off the road.

When on Tuesday will the embargo on Color Guardians go up? I wanna hear about it =O

autoduelist

Oh wow, Breach & Clear is coming to vita?

I played it on PC. It's a sibling of Frozen Synapse and Door Kickers, and while it gets some things very right, it falls short in other areas.

Pro --
-It gets the 'feel' right in many ways. It feels more inherently 'military/human' than the other two do, in large part due to the art style, weapon choices, and slo-mo 'action' scenes that highlight particularly important kills etc.

Cons --
-It was a mobile port to steam and it showed. Some of those issues may be resolved since vita has a touch screen, but others are just part of being mobile (lack of complexity, etc).
-towards that point, it is missing some really, really key tactical features. For example, in the other two games it's fairly easy to have two soldiers coming up on a door at different times, but setting it so the breach is 'timed' for when both are in position. That is, you can set up multiple timing triggers to get everything perfect. in b&c, it's too simplified, so setting up breaches isn't nearly as clean cut. You can still pull it off if you wait till your next turn, but if you want to time a breach on the same turn you need to zig zag the closer dude or otherwise 'waste time'.

Overall, i had a blast with it and its pros outweighed its cons, but if you want a more tactical game, go with frozen synapse (or door kickers on pc). But odds are, if you like this style of game you'll want both.

Oh wow, Breach & Clear is coming to vita.

Overall, i had a blast with it and its pros outweighed its cons, but if you want a more tactical game, go with frozen synapse (or door kickers on pc). But odds are, if you like this style of game you'll want both.

Good info. Thanks. Yeah Frozen Synapse is great but sometimes it is too intense and it hurts my brain. I like this type of gane and even liked the Falling Skies game.

RK128

Started playing more of Demon Gaze today and I am wondering if I am on the right track so far;
-Beat Mars once
-Explored a good amount of the first area (to the point where I only have three other demon portals to take care of)
-Got three party members so far (alongside one demon)
-Sold a item worth 3,000 Gold and have 1,200 Gold left over
-Set difficulty to 'Cold' (easy mode I think)
-Took on all the missions in the hall (though didn't complete any of them yet)

So, am I doing things right so far? Never played a DRPG before, so this is all new to me. Kinda weird you have to buy your party members but then again, you normally start out with two-three in most JRPG's, so 'buying' them seems to be somewhat fair I guess :).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, here's what I'm thinking for my Demon Gaze party:

Front: Gazer, Paladin, Samurai
Back: Healer, Ranger

What should I go for first, though, Samurai or Ranger? Which is more useful early-game?

Parakeetman

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for my Demon Gaze party:

Front: Gazer, Paladin, Samurai
Back: Healer, Ranger

What should I go for first, though, Samurai or Ranger? Which is more useful early-game?

For non-artifacted characters

Samurai since you can attack multiple rows of enemies with one of the skills they learn early on. Also with high AGI using carnage you can destroy single targets pretty bad including bosses. Though you need to make the build right for that as its all about not getting hit with that skill which means AGI.

Ranger is more useful later on for single targets.

Tizoc

Do Healer's even get any offensive spells?

I never liked how the Healer/White Mage class had the lowest offensive use.

Shizuka

Honestly, they have shields (protective spells) that use no MP which you should use anytime they're not attacking. In games like LoLS, classes like Bishops are the best since you use shields most enemies can't break, making you practically invincible.

Parakeetman

Holy Light single target

Holy Shine multiple targets

but you really should not be wasting MP to be dealing damage with a healer most of the time. If you need to fall back on having a healer deal damage too then something is wrong with the rest of your party lol

you will be using up enough mp as is with the debuffs and healing etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview#

Look at the class skills tab or whatever. tells you of all the skills / spells classes will get.

Rooth

okay, so the PSN is starting to annoy me; the ps4 won't start up any digital games, none of the online features are working (browser works but nothing psn related)

and even the vita won't work; race the sun stays stuck on the unity loading screen.

it was all working fine yesterday....even if the internet was down, thats no reason for all the games (some are mine, some are plus) to stop working, right?

wtf? any comments? google is failing me...

I'm having the same problems logging into PSN as well. Wifi connections seem fine but login fails. Trying to log into playstation.com on my laptop also fails. The login screen won't show up or just ends with a crash. I'm in Asia though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, one more question. How do I determine which weapon has the higher attack? What's better, 19X2 or 10X3? I looked at the in-game help and it doesn't explain this.

Also, any particular strategy deeper than basic grinding to catch up new party members with the rest of the party?

Parakeetman

Okay, one more question. How do I determine which weapon has the higher attack? What's better, 19X2 or 10X3? I looked at the in-game help and it doesn't explain this.

Also, any particular strategy deeper than basic grinding to catch up new party members with the rest of the party?

Not really as there isnt really any sort of "metal slime" type of enemies in Demon Gaze. At least I dont remember any anyways and just dragged their low lv ass around with me as I slaughtered stuff left and right. Didnt take too long for them to catch up.

The higher attack is more a personal choice, since you need to consider more attacks also = more chance to miss. Same goes with less number of attacks. There is no real "best" choice. For example like a fighter having a 2H weapon is great for damage, but thats only if they hit and since those are usually a single attack if it misses you lose out on a lot of potential damage, but if it hits its great. So you need to consider what your AGI rating is too of your characters with said weapons as that also effects hit rate. But you will have the spell buffs that can increase hit rate of your characters and debuffs lowering enemy evasion to help with that.

There is also enemy defense to be taken into consideration, so more hits with a lower damage weapon can also = more damage absorbed by their def rating which can = less damage than a weapon that does less hits but has a higher damage output per hit.

Basically just dont think too hard about it and decide on what you think is the best.

Parakeetman

Did I enter the Demon Gaze OT by accident?

Considering you are not there taking care of your own OT and how the regulars in this thread keep pushing Demon Gaze to everyone that shows up, its no wonder why it happens with conversations here. :)

Folks say the same thing about this thread with why is it even a "PSN" thread when all everyone talks about is Vita related content. lol

Nudull

Banned
So far, my team is:
Gazer
Human Paladin
Migmy Healer
Dwarf Fighter

Should I round it out with a Ranger? Replace anyone?

Shizuka

Changing the subject, I don't get why NISA doesn't put the PSP games on sale. I mean, I'd recommend the shit out of games like Black Rock Shooter and ZHP, even Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection.

Parakeetman

So far, my team is:
Gazer
Human Paladin
Migmy Healer
Dwarf Fighter

Should I round it out with a Ranger? Replace anyone?

Depends on what you want? If you want a class can deal high damage and hit the back row too go ranger.

If you want something that can attack multiple enemies go samurai. though you can spec it out to be a pretty insane glass cannon with the carnage skills.

Though check that google doc and look up on what skills the classes have. As will help you make your decision / know what the level reqs are for the skills. That and what kind of stats allocation you will have to do with those classes / optimal race etc.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Changing the subject, I don't get why NISA doesn't put the PSP games on sale. I mean, I'd recommend the shit out of games like Black Rock Shooter and ZHP, even Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection.
Yeah, I thought this was a Europe thing, but it seems like it's not. I waited for like two years if Cladun X2 would be discounted before I got it with that 10% off code.
Considering how sale happy NISA is with Vita titles it's really weird.

Nudull

Banned

I wanted to get Black Rock Shooter, but everyone kept telling me it was horrible. :eek:

Parakeetman

It is odd considering like Atlus for example has done PSP sales in the past. You would think that NISA would like to get onto that also.

I wanted to get Black Rock Shooter, but everyone kept telling me it was horrible. :eek:

It is horrible. Only thing good about it really is the graphics of the characters. Gameplay was beyond a letdown for such a IP that could have been an awesome action game. Such a goddamned waste. At least Imageepoch is dead so they will not be able to fuck that up anymore. Though no idea who owns the license now.

If there should be the one and only time where Platinum Games is the right answer for doing something, Black Rock Shooter most def was it.

Shizuka

Yeah, I thought this was a Europe thing, but it seems like it's not. I waited for like two years if Cladun X2 would be discounted before I got it with that 10% off code.
Considering how sale happy NISA is with Vita titles it's really weird.

They were never keen on putting the PSP games on sale, but it's just gone now. The prices haven't changed in years.

What? Black Rock Shooter is the shit, one of the best original games I've played on the PSP. Imageepoch4life.

It is odd considering like Atlus for example has done PSP sales in the past. You would think that NISA would like to get onto that also.

They should learn a thing or two with Atlus, yes. There is still money to be made with PSP games while the Vita is still kicking around.

Yeah I think the last PSP game they had on sale was disgaea 1, and it was years ago. I'd buy black rock shooter, disgaea 2, and some others if they went on sale. I already own most of their PSP titles (kind of like atlus and xseed) but I would be happy to pick up more.

omg_mjd

So I'm strongly considering trading in my OLED vita to amazon next week and getting the 2000 model, but I'm still a bit apprehensive about the switch.

The biggest factors in doing this right now are A) My vita was used when I got it and has numerous scratches on the screen including a hairline scratch directly in the center (along with tons of cosmetic scratches on the back touchscreen), B) The slightly longer battery life, and C) The 1000 model is slightly too bulky for my hands making it uncomfortable in longer play sessions.

Has anyone traded there OLED model in for a 2k? If so, do you think it was a good choice?

I just bought a lime-green 2000 yesterday and could not be happier. The weight reduction from my much used OLED unit is noticeable and the shoulder buttons feel a lot better. Colors also appear more natural now and I certainly don't miss the splotches in dark areas that my OLED suffered from.

ZHP has gone on sale. I really liked that game. Haven't played a true rogue game lately. Still hoping for Vita Shiren the Wanderer despite playing that version 5 years ago.

Shizuka

I know Sony is over it, but they should organize a PSP games sales. Call XSEED, Aksys, NISA, Atlus, Activision, Konami, put all games on sale for 50% off and watch as people buy games they've wanted to for years.

Khronico

Oh wow, Breach & Clear is coming to vita?

I played it on PC. It's a sibling of Frozen Synapse and Door Kickers, and while it gets some things very right, it falls short in other areas.

Pro --
-It gets the 'feel' right in many ways. It feels more inherently 'military/human' than the other two do, in large part due to the art style, weapon choices, and slo-mo 'action' scenes that highlight particularly important kills etc.

Cons --
-It was a mobile port to steam and it showed. Some of those issues may be resolved since vita has a touch screen, but others are just part of being mobile (lack of complexity, etc).
-towards that point, it is missing some really, really key tactical features. For example, in the other two games it's fairly easy to have two soldiers coming up on a door at different times, but setting it so the breach is 'timed' for when both are in position. That is, you can set up multiple timing triggers to get everything perfect. in b&c, it's too simplified, so setting up breaches isn't nearly as clean cut. You can still pull it off if you wait till your next turn, but if you want to time a breach on the same turn you need to zig zag the closer dude or otherwise 'waste time'.

Breach and Clear is fantastic, it was my go to mobile game back when it came out and I clocked many, MANY hours in it. HIGHLY recommend y'all check it out, it's an awesome game.

I just bought a lime-green 2000 yesterday and could not be happier. The weight reduction from my much used OLED unit is noticeable and the shoulder buttons feel a lot better. Colors also appear more natural now and I certainly don't miss the splotches in dark areas that my OLED suffered from.

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely do the trade in thing then.

Zhao_Yun

I know Sony is over it, but they should organize a PSP games sales. Call XSEED, Aksys, NISA, Atlus, Activision, Konami, put all games on sale for 50% off and watch as people buy games they've wanted to for years.

I am actually waiting for a XSEED sale on EU psn for months already...

I'm dying to get my hands on the Vita version.
Still reading through Ciel Nosurge slowly, to not forget the story or characters by the time it releases. The lore around it is quite nice, I'll tell you that much. I still feel kinda salty about NISA not selling a limited "regular edition" with just the game box without the extra crap...

dallow_bg

nods at old men

omg_mjd

How's the vita version of Dustforce? I'm enjoying the demo but I sort of remember people having negative impressions of the port when it first came out. Also, just wanted to say as someone who's played a ton of platformers and SFIV on the 3DS XL that the dpad placement on the Vita makes more sense and feels a lot more ergonomic.

Parakeetman

I'm dying to get my hands on the Vita version.

It is nice that Koei Tecmo is doing a good job with releasing titles like that from the Gust side of things. Just hope that profits keep things positive overall so we keep getting more Atlier and other Gust related IPs in the future for the domestic and international market.

Shizuka

It is nice that Koei Tecmo is doing a good job with releasing titles like that from the Gust side of things. Just hope that profits keep things positive overall so we keep getting more Atlier and other Gust related IPs in the future for the domestic and international market.

I need Chronos Materia.

Progress update on Damascus Gear:

Once you beat all A-rank story missions, you unlock a second set of missions that are copies of the normal missions, but enemies now have endgame-level stats. Basically new game plus but on the same file.

Meanwhile, I have started the DLC missions, where enemies are MUCH stronger than normal endgame enemies. And I already have what seems to be the best DLC equipment.

For completionists, this game will last a very long time.

How's the vita version of Dustforce? I'm enjoying the demo but I sort of remember people having negative impressions of the port when it first came out.

Keep in mind that only the PC version got the Dustforce DX update, which overhauled a lot of difficulty issues and added more levels. Every port other than the original PC version is now out of date and there is no sign that updated ports are coming.

How's the vita version of Dustforce? I'm enjoying the demo but I sort of remember people having negative impressions of the port when it first came out. Also, just wanted to say as someone who's played a ton of platformers and SFIV on the 3DS XL that the dpad placement on the Vita makes more sense and feels a lot more ergonomic.

I thought it performed fine but I know lots of other people complained. Not sure if was a prepatched version.

Top Bottom