• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Careful, that's how I ended up doing engineering for 15 years

2 year Drafting degree cuz I didn't know what else to do turns into 5 years of, "I'll just do this for a little while, I sure don't want this to be what I do with my life," then suddenly you blink and it's 10 years later and you realize you're old, doughy, and in the middle of a career

I'm of the "if you can't do what you love, love what you do" school though

I don't hate programming. It can be fun when there is an interesting problem to code but too much is sucked out of you by corporate bullshit. I don't live for it like when I was younger. It is good to have other hobbies. If you find something you love, it will probably mostly get sucked out of you anyway by the daily grind. The key is to find a job where you don't hate it more than 50% of the time and gives you the time and money to do other things you love and I am lucky to have that.

Sorry this is the end of my old guy advice. :)

Careful, that's how I ended up doing engineering for 15 years

2 year Drafting degree cuz I didn't know what else to do turns into 5 years of, "I'll just do this for a little while, I sure don't want this to be what I do with my life," then suddenly you blink and it's 10 years later and you realize you're old, doughy, and in the middle of a career

I'm of the "if you can't do what you love, love what you do" school though

I don't hate programming. It can be fun when there is an interesting problem to code but too much is sucked out of you by corporate bullshit. I don't live for it like when I was younger. It is good to have other hobbies. If you find something you love, it will probably mostly get sucked out of you anyway by the daily grind. The key is to find a job where you don't hate it more than 50% of the time and gives you the time and money to do other things you love and I am lucky to have that.

Sorry this is the end of my old guy advice. :)
I'll see where the road takes me thanks you both. I certainly don't mind programming, and haven't finished my degree yet, nor have I done any of my 2 co-op terms yet. I'm on the road to 21 still (2 weeks away) so I'm at a point that yeah, I could just go with something else that I like, or I could finish the 2 years that I have left and shape the craft to something that I do enjoy. Still have lots to learn, lots to see. I'll take it one step at a time aha.

Or Chronos Materia: Actually Happening Edition on the new Atelier engine.

Ugh, don't remind me. I periodically check to see if there's any news on this game, but there never is. I didn't even mind the weird perspective they went for with field exploration just because the rest of the game sounded really cool.

Anyway, I hope it's something new entirely or possibly something else Ar-related. Atelier needs a rest. Moving to PS4 isn't the answer yet, as Takao pointed out, the audience just hasn't moved across so far.

The game is going to be 2.5D and uses UE4, I don't think the Vita would be supported unless they made more versions and they said in the kickstarter that they want to focus on making one amazing version.

Nothing wrong with that, then again, if they get enough money they might get someone to port it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Started playing more of Demon Gaze today and I am wondering if I am on the right track so far;
-Beat Mars once
-Explored a good amount of the first area (to the point where I only have three other demon portals to take care of)
-Got three party members so far (alongside one demon)
-Sold a item worth 3,000 Gold and have 1,200 Gold left over
-Set difficulty to 'Cold' (easy mode I think)
-Took on all the missions in the hall (though didn't complete any of them yet)

So, am I doing things right so far? Never played a DRPG before, so this is all new to me. Kinda weird you have to buy your party members but then again, you normally start out with two-three in most JRPG's, so 'buying' them seems to be somewhat fair I guess :).

If you sold an artifact gem you might want to kick yourself in the ass. As those are a limited number per playthrough.

Also if you see any items that has a star in the letter grade ranking. DO NOT SELL IT. As those are unique items and you only get 1 or 2 per playthrough. Most are just 1.

Pretty cool to see that Sony is already behind it

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-is-coming-to-ps4/

17515253395_d9c9039c68_b.jpg

I want that PS4

If you sold an artifact gem you might want to kick yourself in the ass. As those are a limited number per playthrough.

Also if you see any items that has a star in the letter grade ranking. DO NOT SELL IT. As those are unique items and you only get 1 or 2 per playthrough. Most are just 1.
Why should I not sell if if I don't need it? Some of the unique items aren't very good.

Parakeetman

The game is going to be 2.5D and uses UE4, I don't think the Vita would be supported unless they made more versions and they said in the kickstarter that they want to focus on making one amazing version.

Nothing wrong with that, then again, if they get enough money they might get someone to port it.

That and the general development costs going into having a whole separate team for the development with the Vita along with the costs and scheduling for all things involved with that its for the better they chose the current hot platforms that the larger userbase is on.

Once things sell well and such, then a potential port is possible. But realistically from the start not a good idea to do.

I'll just have to remote play it, no biggie :3 This looks so good. I'm now watching the Kinda Funny Special on this, and boy I'm excited. These news are tempting me to play Symphony of the Night...

Parakeetman

Pretty cool to see that Sony is already behind it

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-is-coming-to-ps4/

I want that PS4

Why should I not sell if if I don't need it? Some of the unique items aren't very good.

Artifact gems when you use them has the chance to give you a skill you might want to equip on characters. Saving before you use said gem can allow you to save and reload till a skill comes out that you want.

Unique items am warning people ahead of time, otherwise you do screw yourself over by getting rid of some useful equipment that can out class other junk for a while. Generally a lot of players seem to not realize that or paid attention to the warning which was given in game lol.

Sides storage should be large enough to just toss junk into.

Unique items can also be upgraded a lot more times than regular ones I think it was. But requires a pretty good amount of money and ether to do.

Artifact gems when you use them has the chance to give you a skill you might want to equip on characters. Saving before you use said gem can allow you to save and reload till a skill comes out that you want.

Unique items am warning people ahead of time, otherwise you do screw yourself over by getting rid of some useful equipment that can out class other junk for a while. Generally a lot of players seem to not realize that or paid attention to the warning which was given in game lol.

Sides storage should be large enough to just toss junk into.

Unique items can also be upgraded a lot more times than regular ones I think it was. But requires a pretty good amount of money and ether to do.

Okay okay, I thought there was something more about collecting unique items I haven't figured out yet. I know about the artifact gem farming methods and the unique weapons in general, but I haven't really found any that far outclass anything else (I took a break but I'm at Astro IIRC). And with the cost to upgrade them and the speed you get new equipment I didn't find them too useful yet.

Parakeetman

Okay okay, I thought there was something more about collecting unique items I haven't figured out yet. I know about the artifact gem farming methods and the unique weapons in general, but I haven't really found any that far outclass anything else (I took a break but I'm at Astro IIRC). And with the cost to upgrade them and the speed you get new equipment I didn't find them too useful yet.

The early stuff gets replaced fairly fast outside of the healing staff that you can still use to get constant free heals when used as an item.

But weapons / armor later on is harder to replace as you basically hit a wall with equipment pools.

Shizuka

It seems I'm making my first OT sooner than I thought, I just signed up for an OT for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Steam since no one was taking it and it's releasing this friday.

Flunkie

Banned
If we're still talking careers, I started out electrical and computer engineering, and hated all the coding. It's like learning 5+ whole new languages, plus I couldn't see myself in a cubicle the rest of my career. So I did a total 180 and became a geologist where I'm outside most of the time lol.

... And got a job that pretty much erased any free time I had to hand out in Vita GAF chat. So, sorry guys.

It seems I'm making my first OT sooner than I thought, I just signed up for an OT for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Steam since no one was taking it and it's releasing this friday.
I watched a bunch episodes of the anime for that and it gave me nightmares lol.

I would love to make an OT day, but I'd like to do it for a game that I find special. I would have to ask Parakeet for permission of course since he created the Import OT for it already, and this would only be IF it does get announced(it will), but I'd love to make the OT for the western version of God Eater 2 Rage Burst as the #1 advocate for it here in the west on this Community :p. I know it must be annoying for you all to hear me talk about GE2 all the time, I've lost count of how many times I've talked about this game on here lmfao.

If we're still talking careers, I started out electrical and computer engineering, and hated all the coding. It's like learning 5+ whole new languages, plus I couldn't see myself in a cubicle the rest of my career. So I did a total 180 and became a geologist where I'm outside most of the time lol.
Yeah first few months are rough. Eventually after pounding you head on walls because your code won't compile properly, you become desensitized to any of it.

Shizuka

I would love to make an OT day, but I'd like to do it for a game that I find special. I would have to ask Parakeet for permission of course since he created the Import OT for it already, and this would only be IF it does get announced(it will), but I'd love to make the OT for the western version of God Eater 2 Rage Burst as the #1 advocate for it here in the west on this Community :p. I know it must be annoying for you all to hear me talk about GE2 all the time, I've lost count of how many times I've talked about this game on here lmfao.

You'll find the right title. I bit the bullet with Amnesia, since it was the Vita's first otome title, while I also claimed Code Realize, that's the second Vita otome title. I wasn't going to take Higurashi, but no one was taking it and it deserves attention, so I did. I'll come up with something before thursday.

You'll find the right title. I bit the bullet with Amnesia, since it was the Vita's first otome title, while I also claimed Code Realize, that's the second Vita otome title. I wasn't going to take Higurashi, but no one was taking it and it deserves attention, so I did. I'll come up with something before thursday.

I didn't even know that it was releasing on Steam, since it is quite old(06-07?). But I'm sure you'll do a good job on it, you still have a few days until then too.

I'm really not trying to be mean but.... why does it matter if the last kickstarter you paid was XX amount?

I gave the Banjo Kazooie guys 10 bucks, so what?
I feel really tempted to back Igavania, but seeing how this only releases in 2 years, a couple of things pop in my head. Like how I may not be interested in the game for some reason after all that time. Or how it could turn into something like Mighty No.9 that I thought looked super cool on paper and now looks kinda "meh" to me.

Shizuka

I didn't even know that it was releasing on Steam, since it is quite old(06-07?). But I'm sure you'll do a good job on it, you still have a few days until then too.

It's a remake MangaGamer is doing, with new everything (sprites, soundtrack, localization) and it's the first time it's on Steam (achievements, trading cards, etc).

It's a remake MangaGamer is doing, with new everything (sprites, soundtrack, localization) and it's the first time it's on Steam (achievements, trading cards, etc).

Ahhh I see. I'm not very well informed on Steam stuff or even VNs aside from the occasional mention that makes me check it out. My last PC VN was Kara no Shoujo, and I am now waiting for the sequel to drop.

I feel really tempted to back Igavania, but seeing how this only releases in 2 years, a couple of things pop in my head. Like how I may not be interested in the game for some reason after all that time. Or how it could turn into something like Mighty No.9 that I thought looked super cool on paper and now looks kinda "meh" to me.

This is my fear too, they even said in the FAQ that the "would love" to make the game match the concept art but its not gonna look like that. Inti Creates also made Mighty No.9 if its anything to go by....

This is my fear too, they even said in the FAQ that the "would love" to make the game match the concept art but its not gonna look like that. Inti Creates also made Mighty No.9 if its anything to go by....
Yup you catch my drift. I mean don't get me wrong, I bet that this game is gonna be good, unless he somehow lost his touch, but I can't predict how I feel about this in 2 years. If this was releasing in March 2016 I'd definitely pull the trigger, but 2017 seems so far away.

Parakeetman

Yeah first few months are rough. Eventually after pounding you head on walls because your code won't compile properly, you become desensitized to any of it.

I think we need an actual announcement first so really do hope that Bandai Namco has that planned for the E3. Would be pretty stupid otherwise considering how things are lining up with the Anime in July to drive the hype. I wonder if Crunchyroll will doing the streaming of that show in the West, considering they are pretty much the largest outlet for JP companies to use for streaming.

Bandai Namco seems to have issues when it comes to PR related stuff thats for sure.

Since am not going to be that active in the Western community, someone else might as well do a God Eater 2 Rage Burst OT. Since will most def need people who are playing the localized version to help out those who are new to the game and whatnots. Not to mention all of the item names and such will be different too.

Tizoc

I'm really not trying to be mean but.... why does it matter if the last kickstarter you paid was XX amount?

I gave the Banjo Kazooie guys 10 bucks, so what?

USD 28 is more than my sweet spot far as backing games go, and this game will be released in what 2 years' time? I can wait for the game to come out first...

Tizoc

Since my Vita is on it's way
og yeeaaaaaah
, here's the list of games I own for it so far. Gold is Plus, Blue is those I purchased.

Any tips on what I should play first?

FYI Chronicles requires transf. from PS3 to Vita. Likewise for Silent Hill 1 PSX.

AsfaeksBR

FYI Chronicles requires transf. from PS3 to Vita. Likewise for Silent Hill 1 PSX.

Danganronpa.

For a big title, I'd start with Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary or Persona 4 Golden.

No votes for Uncharted?

Persona 4 Golden. That should be everybody's first Vita game.

I think now I understand why I should've gotten a bigger memory card...
Manter P4G no cartão por meses já que ele dura 80hrs, mas ainda assim jogar outras coisas mais rápidas...

No votes for Uncharted?

I think now I understand why I should've gotten a bigger memory card...
Manter P4G no cartão por meses já que ele dura 80hrs, mas ainda assim jogar outras coisas mais rápidas...

Uncharted is good - if you can get past the poorly implemented gimmicks and 7 million micro-cutscenes that are completely useless to the plot.

I think we need an actual announcement first so really do hope that Bandai Namco has that planned for the E3. Would be pretty stupid otherwise considering how things are lining up with the Anime in July to drive the hype. I wonder if Crunchyroll will doing the streaming of that show in the West, considering they are pretty much the largest outlet for JP companies to use for streaming.

Bandai Namco seems to have issues when it comes to PR related stuff thats for sure.

Since am not going to be that active in the Western community, someone else might as well do a God Eater 2 Rage Burst OT. Since will most def need people who are playing the localized version to help out those who are new to the game and whatnots. Not to mention all of the item names and such will be different too.

Well that's actually true. Since you have created one already, if the day really comes I'll know who to ask for guidance. Also your last point is also true, specially with item name stuff and whatnot. I don't know why I want this game so much, I've always wanted it to make its way over. I refuse to touch my imported copy of the vanilla version because I have faith that we will get the RB version real soon aha.

Top Bottom