• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

incpdo

Uncharted:GA imo was better than Killzone Merc and Gravity Rush.
I disagree ,gravity rush brought some new gameplay and fresh air to the vita's catalogue while the others are jus yet another franchise game but with excellent quality. The 3 of them are great games but gravity rush offers variety and novelty even when is half finished.

Speaking of Gravity Rush and E3 almost here and also the rumors of Gravity Rush Remaster for PS4... What are the chances of a Gravity Rush Vita re-release with all the DLC included on the cartridge? If the rumors of the remaster are true then the PS4 version will include all the DLC (I assume) and I would love a "complete edition" of Gravity Rush because the DLC is the thing keeping me back from buying Gravity Rush because its substantial DLC with a ton of trophies and I don't want to buy things from PSN anymore.

Vylash

Speaking of Gravity Rush and E3 almost here and also the rumors of Gravity Rush Remaster for PS4... What are the chances of a Gravity Rush Vita re-release with all the DLC included on the cartridge? If the rumors of the remaster are true then the PS4 version will include all the DLC (I assume) and I would love a "complete edition" of Gravity Rush because the DLC is the thing keeping me back from buying Gravity Rush because its substantial DLC with a ton of trophies and I don't want to buy things from PSN anymore.

why would they do this? if there is a gravity rush remaster for ps4 it would obviously contain all of the dlc, but why would they do it for the same system?

why would they do this? if there is a gravity rush remaster for ps4 it would obviously contain all of the dlc, but why would they do it for the same system?

By same system you mean Vita right? well to give out the complete experience maybe? I'm thinking something similar to Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, you know the complete game, patched with all the extra content... It's only a hopeful question, I don't see why not.

Producer

By same system you mean Vita right? well to give out the complete experience maybe? I'm thinking something similar to Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, you know the complete game, patched with all the extra content... It's only a hopeful question, I don't see why not.

Im just gonna say, the game has been on sale for 80 cents lol. Dont really think SCE is gonna bother with Gravity Rush on vita anymore.

Tizoc

In Demon Gaze, I am close to fighting
Neptune
How far am I from the end of the game, Half way through?

Rainy

Banned
Just got type 0 and downloaded the FFXV demo. What does it mean when it says "Cannot use content. Cannot connect to the server to verify the license." Is PSN down or something?

deadfolk

Since my Vita is on it's way
oh yeeaaaaaah
, here's the list of games I own for it so far. Gold is Plus, Blue is those I purchased.

Any tips on what I should play first?

I'm going to be the voice of dissent and suggest that you don't start with P4G. It's a long game and when the system is new and shiny you'll need a quick hit or two before something you want to sink your teeth into.

I don't have an alternative suggestion though, as the only other one on the list I've completed is Danganronpa and I probably wouldn't start with that either. Maybe Uncharted or Killzone? Gravity Rush is probably a good unique one too, but I'm not sure about length.

1. Can remote play work when both the Vita and the PS4 are from different regions?

(JPN Vita -- Hong Kong PS4)

2. How to get rid of NO SIM in PSV3G/Wifi model? Just insert the SIM Card that came with the Vita itself? But then NO SIGNAL. Just disable 3G settings and no more indicators like that will be shown?

1. Can remote play work when both the Vita and the PS4 are from different regions?

(JPN Vita -- Hong Kong PS4)

If they're both on the same account. The account is the important bit, not where the consoles are from.

2. How to get rid of NO SIM in PSV3G/Wifi model? Just insert the SIM Card that came with the Vita itself? But then NO SIGNAL. Just disable 3G settings and no more indicators like that will be shown?

IIRC you can't remove it completely, but I can't be sure as I haven't played with one on recent firmware.

1. How did you know this info? Did Sony say explicitly that you there is no region lock for remote play?

2. I plan to just leave the Sim Card (locked to Docomo as I got the Super Value Pack) inside the Vita. Then go to Settings and disable 3G functions altogether. What indicator will I see? Nothing hopefully?

3. The JPN PSV1000 3G/Wifi model is carrier locked but still region free right?

Welp just backed my first kickstarter. Now to wait for 2 years to be able to play it lol. I can see myself forgetting about it until right before its release. It'll be a nice surprise for future me, that's for sure lol.

I'm currently replaying GR. Love that game so much. I just want the franchise to live on, at this point I don't even care on what system.

which KS? Bloodstained?
Yup! Game looks slick, and everything about it sounds great in my books. From what I understand, the only way of getting a physical copy is by backing the game, and I certainly don't mind doing it. This whole thing is a huge "fuck you" to Konami, and I love it.

wilflare

Yup! Game looks slick, and everything about it sounds great in my books. From what I understand, the only way of getting a physical copy is by backing the game, and I certainly don't mind doing it. This whole thing is a huge "fuck you" to Konami, and I love it.

eh... do note that those pics you see are Concept Art.
it's not even their Target Render - the game may turn out totally different (and looking at what Inti Creates did with MN9 - I won't be surprised) I kinda hoped Iga didn't work with Inafune's company but oh well...

I would love a new Castlevania or spiritual successor but looking at how they did their tiers and all that, I'm not particularly excited. They seemed more interested in getting as much of that fan money (due to nostalgia or what not) as possible than the actual game itself (the stretch goals are somewhat indicative)

though being a fool, I'll probably still back it in the end.

SerTapTap

Regarding "concept art", I'm really annoyed at the kickstarter trend of "concept art" that's clearly intended to look ingame. You look at most concept art and it is clearly concept art, not a mockup. This is just deliberately misleading especially since 2.5D means there is 0 chance of the game looking 1/10th that good.

I'm pretty iffy on this whole deal. Would like physical option, but 2.5D is a huuuuuuuuuuuge warning sign, and I'm not a fan of the "kickstart us so a publisher will fund us". This would be my cue to just wait for the actual game to release (I usually do this anyway) but locking the physical game behind KS is very annoying.

I still believe Iga can make a good game at least gameplay-wise (and the OST will be ace) but ehhhh this shit's too iffy for me otherwise.

maouvin

SerTapTap

First screenshots of Amnesia: Memories are out btw (Idea Factory International Otome game), anyone interested in this one? Not very interested in Otome myself though I guess if it had a good story it could be interesting regardless (I have no idea if it does have a good story)

Yup. I'd add Freedom Wars to that sentiment too.

Give me a revamped Freedom Wars and I'll play it. The lore/world are great, monster design is great, core gameplay is great. Fix up crafting and make the game less of a DPS race lategame and it could really be something special. Ideally it needs a better story too but I can honestly take or leave that (soul sac is the only game with a somewhat interesting story I can think of...and it's lore is still better than it's story).

Kudo

eh... do note that those pics you see are Concept Art.
it's not even their Target Render - the game may turn out totally different (and looking at what Inti Creates did with MN9 - I won't be surprised) I kinda hoped Iga didn't work with Inafune's company but oh well...

I would love a new Castlevania or spiritual successor but looking at how they did their tiers and all that, I'm not particularly excited. They seemed more interested in getting as much of that fan money (due to nostalgia or what not) as possible than the actual game itself (the stretch goals are somewhat indicative)

though being a fool, I'll probably still back it in the end.

Exactly my thoughts about the whole game currently.
I will probably back it in the end but only after they've shown some gameplay images/video. Physical version for PS4, limited edition cause PC version is probably just Steam key one-time use thing.

Kinda expensive for a theme but I think I need it
ho6dXGI.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSvwuZgOAMk

You'll never catch me paying money for a theme unless it comes with a game I bought

Not being judgmental or holier than thou, I just don't see the point for myself personally

SerTapTap

Kinda expensive for a theme but I think I need it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSvwuZgOAMk

Nice marbles.
I know they're supposed to be spheres

Reminds me,I 've asked before but where's a decent place to get Japanese PSN credit? Dumb I can't just buy from the store with my CC like on the US store, my card converts to yen just fine. I want at least one of those Neptunia themes (does anyone know if JApanese themes actually change any of the text?)

I have faith that Bloodstained is going to be a fantastic game, and the fact that it's getting this much support will get him pumped to make the best game he can.

On different news, Project X Zone 2 adds Phoenix Wright, Streets of Rage, Summon Night 3, and God Eater 2 characters. Now why would these news be relevant on a PSN thread? Well, it just reinforces my statement that GE2 localization news are very, very near. This game is coming to the 3DS and has a worldwide release. More and more pieces of this puzzle keeping falling in our laps, the fact that there's a PS4 and PSV version of the game, the anime being aired in July, the Asian trailers with English subs, the trademarks in Europe, and now this, the inclusion of characters from the game that is being released here as well. Make me happy Bamco. You know you want to, stop teasing me.

Dammit! Now I'm going to have to buy and play
backlog
the original. And my copy of Xenoblade just arrived.
It was nice knowing you. Don't get lost and try to come back to us. Remember to take breaks! Also, as a big recommendation DO NOT DO EVERY SINGLE SIDEQUEST. Pick them up, and play normally. They'll all get done eventually, just play at your own pace and explore every single character play style! Have fun!

I got 5 I think (from the eShop)
just missing 4 and the AAI ones
I never got into the Investigation series simply because they didn't bring the rest of it our way. I heard of a fan translation so maybe one of if these days I'll dive in. I also didn't get the spinoff (PW x Layton). I am waiting for that new one with Sherlock Holmes to get announced, I'm very interested in that one.

deadfolk

I never got into the Investigation series simply because they didn't bring the rest of it our way. I heard of a fan translation so maybe one of if these days I'll dive in. I also didn't get the spinoff (PW x Layton). I am waiting for that new one with Sherlock Holmes to get announced, I'm very interested in that one.

The fan translation of AAI 2 is awesome. Really keeps the flavour of the offical translations and has less errors. I highly recommend it - you'd never know it wasn't official and the game is one of the best in the series, imo.

Top Bottom