• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

E the Shaggy

I guess I didn't realize it until my hard drive was practically filled up, but I'm not thrilled about the fact that every disc game has to be installed on the hard drive to be played. Seems like a dumb decision overall.

SerTapTap

I guess I didn't realize it until my hard drive was practically filled up, but I'm not thrilled about the fact that every disc game has to be installed on the hard drive to be played. Seems like a dumb decision overall.

It's really not, loading times were a major problem last gen. The only dumb decision is being unable to delete the game install files but not patches for easy cleanup without having to redownload patches. I really enjoy almost never seeing a loading screen so far this gen and I hope it keeps up outside of a few oddities like Bloodborne.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles really holds up on the Vita. Some PSP games look kinda janky but this one looks as great as it did when I first played it on the PSP.

Reminds me,I 've asked before but where's a decent place to get Japanese PSN credit? Dumb I can't just buy from the store with my CC like on the US store, my card converts to yen just fine. I want at least one of those Neptunia themes (does anyone know if JApanese themes actually change any of the text?)

I used Play-Asia a while ago. They were not the cheapest, but they had the least restircions on payment and the process was hassle free and automatic. The others all had some payment type restriction (especially for new accounts) or wanted me to use a payment provider (Hipay) that was blocked by my bank.

pariah164

So, I played Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, and it played horribly, at least for me. Maybe if I get it on Vita, it'll be better, so I'll check it out. It has been years since I touched my PSP after all. With all this Bloodstained hype, I kinda want to get into a Castlevania that isn't Lament of Innocence.

So, I played Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, and it played horribly, at least for me. Maybe if I get it on Vita, it'll be better, so I'll check it out. It has been years since I touched my PSP after all. With all this Bloodstained hype, I kinda want to get into a Castlevania that isn't Lament of Innocence.
Well the game itself is very unforgiving and hard as balls. But with comes the original version of Rondo + SotN. You can pay 9.99 to get the latter PSONE Classic version OR you can buy Dracula X Chronicles and get 3 games in one for 14.99 :p

At least it's not just Vita games anymore. RIP EO
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044937
To be fair, that second image, the linked one... Why does Japan feel the need to shove this kind of stuff into their games. No use telling me why lol, but just saying.

pariah164

Well the game itself is very unforgiving and hard as balls. But with comes the original version of Rondo + SotN. You can pay 9.99 to get the latter PSONE Classic version OR you can buy Dracula X Chronicles and get 3 games in one for 14.99 :p
Oh, I know it's hard. I go into it expecting nearly Dark Souls level of butt-clenching. I just remember it being hard to control. And for 3 games in 1, Dracula X Chronicles is definitely the better deal.

To be fair, that second image, the linked one... Why does Japan feel the need to shove this kind of stuff into their games. No use telling me why lol, but just saying.

I just don't get why people care so much either way. The things that are said in that thread.. But I'll just play the games and not get involved in the discussions.
Every DRPG will get banned at this point.
Thread was just locked and a mod said EOU2 won't be banned. That bias.
I'm joking please no bannerino

Oh, I know it's hard. I go into it expecting nearly Dark Souls level of butt-clenching. I just remember it being hard to control. And for 3 games in 1, Dracula X Chronicles is definitely the better deal.
I think the controls are a bit heavy and tanky, which is probably what you had issues with. SotN is for me the best Castlevania in terms of difficulty and speed, it takes a tiny bit of work to unlock it through Dracula X Chronicles but boy is it worth it.
I just don't get why people care so much either way. The things that are said in that thread.. But I'll just play the games and not get involved in the discussions.
I get why, and I think everyone can have his or her own opinion on the matter. The moderators take one side, and if we want to keep using the forums we can do nothing but abide by the rules.

And the EO thread got locked, kinda disappointing as I was having a lot of fun with it, haha.

BAN ALL THE DRPGS!
I feel like people do it on purpose now though. Everything was fine until someone went and brought the screenshots in. Whether it was for fun or just because they were salty, it was clearly done on purpose, seeing how GAF has reacted to similar threads recently. But whatever, let's carry on.

SotN. Go play it. It's awesome.

Reset

Kinda expensive for a theme but I think I need it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSvwuZgOAMk

It's worth it, just for the music alone... :|

It's exactly for that reason that I didn't take the thread seriously at all.

image.php

I'm just playing Ys Seven on my Vita during my lunch break right now, I forgot how good this game is.

I feel like people do it on purpose now though. Everything was fine until someone went and brought the screenshots in. Whether it was for fun or just because they were salty, it was clearly done on purpose, seeing how GAF has reacted to similar threads recently. But whatever, let's carry on.

The OP of that thread is known for trolling, just look at the name of the fucking thread it's obvious.

It's exactly for that reason that I didn't take the thread seriously at all.

I'm not even baiting for the avatar quote and still get it, nice.

1. How did you know this info? Did Sony say explicitly that you there is no region lock for remote play?

2. I plan to just leave the Sim Card (locked to Docomo as I got the Super Value Pack) inside the Vita. Then go to Settings and disable 3G functions altogether. What indicator will I see? Nothing hopefully?

3. The JPN PSV1000 3G/Wifi model is carrier locked but still region free right?

#1 - I've seen it done, multiple times.

#2 - As I said, not 100% sure as I haven't used one recently, but I don't think the "NO SIM" indicator ever goes away no matter what you do.

#3 - Yes, it's still region-free with regards to games.

autoduelist

The benefits far outweigh the negatives, and they developed some extremely good 'play before completely installed' technology to make it even better.

I wish all that crap wasn't in my DRPGs and monopolizing/ending conversation.

I don't understand why so many people feel the need to publicize the worst offending pics -- more people probably see them in those threads than would ever get far enough in said games to see them. And I don't exactly see why people click into those threads, then click on all the nsfw images - how is that any different from seeing them in game? Acting offended doesn't mean they didn't go out of their way to see them themselves.

"Let me go check all these images out so I know how offended I should be when other people look at them."

Meh. I fall back on, I wish all that crap wasn't in my DRPGs and monopolizing/ending conversation.

Been killing wights and soon moving onto the famed berserkers in Bard's Tale and having a grand ole' time.

Massa

#1 - I've seen it done, multiple times.

#2 - As I said, not 100% sure as I haven't used one recently, but I don't think the "NO SIM" indicator ever goes away no matter what you do.

#3 - Yes, it's still region-free with regards to games.

#2. The NO SIM goes away completely when you disable it.

SerTapTap

Oh man, the 3G vita. It's absurd to me that anything but a phone has a sim card and that data tethering isn't how everyone uses internet on non-phone portable devices. Carriers locking down stuff like tethering is obscene.

I used Play-Asia a while ago. They were not the cheapest, but they had the least restircions on payment and the process was hassle free and automatic. The others all had some payment type restriction (especially for new accounts) or wanted me to use a payment provider (Hipay) that was blocked by my bank.

Hm, I hate to use PA but if they're the least annoying and send by email I guess. Anything on PS4 PSN worth getting aside from themes? Was still kinda thinking about trying out Japanese PS+ but I don't really have time for even more games (that I ca'nt understand to boot) so I might just get a $10 equivalent one

Ventara

I missed the thread, but some people wee trying to get Etrian Odyssey banned? Shiiit, that would've sucked big time. Good call by the mods.

And I do agree with what a few of you have said that some people just want to get a game banned because of a few images in a game 90% of people playing will not see. If those people don't go out of their way looking for and posting those images, discussion of the game would've been completely fine. Kinda sucks, but I'm not gonna argue with the mod team's decision since I don't want to be banned.

wilflare

so the Asian physical release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song in English will be on May 14
- will this game get a physical release in NA since the first game did so well?

Ventara

so the Asian physical release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song in English will be on May 14
- will this game get a physical release in NA since the first game did so well?

I'm hoping there will be, and the first game's success is why I'm currently holding off of importing it.

pariah164

I think the controls are a bit heavy and tanky, which is probably what you had issues with. SotN is for me the best Castlevania in terms of difficulty and speed, it takes a tiny bit of work to unlock it through Dracula X Chronicles but boy is it worth it.

Okay, found my charging cable. Gonna charge my long-dead PSP and replay my physical copy of DXC (which I apparently payed $7 for (used copy)). Am I right in guessing I will have to play it through in one sitting? I faintly remember there being no such thing as save points.

Shizuka

I'm addicted to making new avatars with Paint Net after I got the hang of it. It's quite simple to make transparent avatars when you have simple images with plain white background. If anyone needs any help with those, let me know.

I'm addicted to making new avatars with Paint Net after I got the hang of it. It's quite simple to make transparent avatars when you have simple images with plain white background. If anyone needs any help with those, let me know.

I need to find a clean version of the EO image everyone was talking about earlier and make it my new avatar.

SerTapTap

Okay, found my charging cable. Gonna charge my long-dead PSP and replay my physical copy of DXC (which I apparently payed $7 for (used copy)). Am I right in guessing I will have to play it through in one sitting? I faintly remember there being no such thing as save points.

You can put the PSP in sleep just like a Vita.

Well of course that's easy...me on the other hand, I should have asked for a transparent version when I commissioned this one. The manually re-transparent'd one I use for Youtube is...best seen not at native scale

pariah164

You can put the PSP in sleep just like a Vita.
I heard somewhere that doing that was bad for the discs.

Speaking of, I made something for you:

I24qxmn.png

I'm
not
sorry.

Tohsaka

Apparently SAO: Lost Song is up on the Asian PSN now, the translation seems better from the screenshots I've seen. Still waiting for Play-Asia to ship my copy out.

Li Kao

Mmh, guys, what the fuck is this ? I have had the temptation to try Driveclub for some time, and while browsing the French store to see if they had a better price than the terrible US one, I found... A Driveclub PS+ version that cost 24.99 euros only purchasable if you are a + member.
What ? Is this new ?

maouvin

And when you see it, you spent two hours making avatars. Most of them you'll never use. Aye.
These days are gone now, at least.

Well of course that's easy...me on the other hand, I should have asked for a transparent version when I commissioned this one. The manually re-transparent'd one I use for Youtube is...best seen not at native scale

Weird. Isn't the surroundings just yellow and orange and therefore super easy to clean? Or did it get all jaggied after cleaning?
And you should have asked for a transparent and vectored version :p

Mmh, guys, what the fuck is this ? I have had the temptation to try Driveclub for some time, and while browsing the French store to see if they had a better price than the terrible US one, I found... A Driveclub PS+ version that cost 24.99 euros only purchasable if you are a + member.
What ? Is this new ?

Nay, just a discounted version for PS+ members. It's $49.99 on US iirc ($59.99 for non PS+).
24.99 EUR is quite cheap, though.

SerTapTap

Mmh, guys, what the fuck is this ? For some time I've got the temptation to try Driveclub, and while browsing the French store to see if they had a better price than the terrible US one, I found... A Driveclub PS+ version that cost 24.99 euros only purchasable if you are a + member.
What ? Is this new ?

There was always a cheaper PS+ version...I don't think the digital one was ever that low in the US though. I happily bought my disk copy for $35, though some people seem to dislike the handling (no problems here, though I can't handle the supercars, I'm not a racing fan either way though)

BTW I kinda wish I got it digital, though I'm glad to have a disk too, I really like the game for what it is, but I don't like racing enough to leave it in the disk tray at all times so it goes unplayed a lot.

Weird. Isn't the surroundings just yellow and orange and therefore super easy to clean? Or did it get all jaggied after cleaning?
And you should have asked for a transparent and vectored version :p

There's a lot of orange anti-aliased into the spikes, I've done some manual cleanup but it needs a lot of pixel-by-pixel fixing. I mostly only use it to throw on Youtube at a pretty low res so it's not a huge deal. I do need to commission a few more avatars to use in different places/rotate/whatever so I'll just be sure to get transparent and/or vectors when I can.

Why dont you make a backup of your UMDs? Less loading times, better battery life, and you can preserve your UMDs

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who never put CFW on their PSP

Li Kao

Nay, just a discounted version for PS+ members. It's $49.99 on US iirc ($59.99 for non PS+).
24.99 EUR is quite cheap, though.

There was always a cheaper PS+ version...I don't think the digital one was ever that low in the US though. I happily bought my disk copy for $35, though some people seem to dislike the handling (no problems here, though I can't handle the supercars, I'm not a racing fan either way though)

BTW I kinda wish I got it digital, though I'm glad to have a disk too, I really like the game for what it is, but I don't like racing enough to leave it in the disk tray at all times so it goes unplayed a lot.

Yeah, as you have guessed, the price discrepancy threw me for a loop here. As I'm not a racing fan either I can totally see myself buying the French edition + 1 month, should be cheaper than the other digital options.

Top Bottom