• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

ecurbj

I need to purchase a PSP soon. I had the original (gave away), 2000 (sold off). I'm looking into buying one off eBay. Revision 3000 is the one to purchase?

Tizoc

Uh so how much is Angry Birds Vita going for this time?

Also everyone with a PS3 get Fall of Cybertron, really good Third person shooting action game.

SerTapTap

I need to purchase a PSP soon. I had the original (gave away), 2000 (sold off). I'm looking into buying one off eBay. Revision 3000 is the one to purchase?

I'm not aware of any issues with the 3000. Absolutely avoid the 1000 and 1000E. Is 3000 the one that finally removed the ghosting effect that blacks had on the PSP? If so it's definitely what you want...I forget which revision I have, but that was as big a gamechanger as the smaller size.

Shizuka

I need to find a clean version of the EO image everyone was talking about earlier and make it my new avatar.

If you can find the image, let me know. I can try to track it down for you, but I'm mostly limited to official websites and gaming websites like Gematsu and Siliconera.

Well of course that's easy...me on the other hand, I should have asked for a transparent version when I commissioned this one. The manually re-transparent'd one I use for Youtube is...best seen not at native scale

You can ask for professional help over at the avatar topic, those people can make anything transparent.

Speaking of, I made something for you:

I24qxmn.png

I'm
not
sorry.

What have you done??? Now I'm torn if I should use that one, it's so pretty.

And when you see it, you spent two hours making avatars. Most of them you'll never use. Aye.
These days are gone now, at least.

I've been there years ago, but with just cropping and resizing images to make avatars. Since I'm commited to my internet persona, I won't change mine though, and I have a good excuse to make new avatars for the OT I'm making.

Prelude.

If you want a really cheap PSP you can buy the E1000 (Street) which is surprisingly sturdy. The screen is also really good but has absolutely horrible viewing angles. It also has no wifi.
If you want the best overall, I guess it's up to you if you prefer ghosting (2k) or interlacing (3k). Or, you know, just a Vita and you're good.

ecurbj

I'm not aware of any issues with the 3000. Absolutely avoid the 1000 and 1000E. Is 3000 the one that finally removed the ghosting effect that blacks had on the PSP? If so it's definitely what you want...I forget which revision I have, but that was as big a gamechanger as the smaller size.

If you want a really cheap PSP you can buy the E1000 (Street) which is surprisingly sturdy. The screen is also really good but has absolutely horrible viewing angles. It also has no wifi.
If you want the best overall, I guess it's up to you if you prefer ghosting (2k) or interlacing (3k). Or, you know, just a Vita and you're good.

Thanks, mates. I can't remember if there was any notable complaints iwth the 3000 other than the link you provided about the interlacing issue. But the display on it is vastly superior than than the previous entries.

I reckon I'll go with the 3000. I do have a Vita OLED already :p

I want to own a PSP because there are some titles I haven't played on it yet (Final Fantasy: Crisis Core) that I want to play on it. I can't seem to find that title on PSN. I guess due to issues with Square Enix I suppose.

Tizoc

Is SAO good? There are quite a few people in here that seems to like it, but I have 0 knowledge about it.

Be forwarned that the game's localization/translation is weak but hilarious.
Also it has generic any BS, but is overall a good game from what I've heard.
I'm waiting for the next game which will have better localization hopefully :V

ecurbj

People forgot the PSP Go already? Best model is best!

Doesn't the PSP Go lack the UMD drive? If I recall correctly the Go is pretty much a lower performance Vita that can only retrieve games through PSN (or was that taken away also?)

Shizuka

I wish I bought a PSP Go years ago, but then again, I decided to go with a PSP-3000 then because of UMD-only games, although now it's harder to find a PSP Go than a PSP-3000.

ecurbj

I wish I bought a PSP Go years ago, but then again, I decided to go with a PSP-3000 then because of UMD-only games, although now it's harder to find a PSP Go than a PSP-3000.

Tap Tap was unsure which model he has. But since you have a 3000. Did you experience any issues as report in the link I quoted from Tap Tap? Interlacing? Will it affect gameplay?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is SAO good? There are quite a few people in here that seems to like it, but I have 0 knowledge about it.

The gameplay combat wise is one of the best systems out there due to the amount of depth it has. Though at the same time it can be quite daunting due to the insane number of skills too. As it literally lets you use everything that you have instead of limiting you just to a certain number.

But as others mentioned the localization efforts were pretty halfassed so you will have to put up with the Engrish and such...

Shizuka

Tap Tap was unsure which model he has. But since you have a 3000. Did you experience any issues as report in the link I quoted from Tap Tap? Interlacing? Will it affect gameplay?

It doesn't affect gameplay and it's barely noticeable on a few games, but it's definitely there.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Doesn't the PSP Go lack the UMD drive? If I recall correctly the Go is pretty much a lower performance Vita that can only retrieve games through PSN (or was that taken away also?)
One word: Custom firmware. Makes the PSP Go a thing of absolute beauty. Pretty sure I even have EEE ripped (using my PSP 2000) and copied over to my PSP Go... such awesome.

Yep! The Go is an amazing little device. Easily the most comfortable PSP, with the best screen too.
I am consistently pleased to find that Massa and I have similar opinions. It makes me think I have good taste.

SerTapTap

PSP Go is pretty useless now that the Vita and smart phones are things. I always found CFW of dubious use since I enjoy legitimate games, but there's no way I'd bother with a Go anymore especially without CFW. UMD games are one of very few reasons I pull out the actual PSP, just those and "not on Vita" games...which I don't think I have any of that aren't physical, aside from Patapon DLC (which I am still annoyed at)

Finished Tron Bonne, great little game, wish I had it back in the day (and legends 2)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Go with a UMD drive in it or an adapter somewhere would have been perfect. Great screen, better dpad.

Vita has largely replaced it though.

All three major versions of the PSP have issues. 1000 doesn't have the added RAM, 2k and 3k both have different screen quality issues.

Producer

I wish i had the Monster Hunter PSP LE. Everything about it looks amazing. The concave analog nub, the better grip, bigger battery, man.

RK128

Haven't posted here in a while but man, yesterday had some good news with Bloodstained getting fundeded :). Not only a great 'Fuck you' to Konami but also great seeing the man behind the Metroidvanna, well, making another one after so long :D. Don't own a PS4 (though I plan on getting one at some point) but I will pick this up when it comes out.

Didn't get a chance to pick up Tron Bonne yet, but when I get the funds (which should be by the weekend) I can't wait to pick it up :D. Love the Mega Man series and it is fantastic that some form of the Legends series is making its way to the Vita and PSN :').

Also tried the PS+ games more and they are good :). Race the Sun is really interesting, as I like the sun-engine system; the longer the sun is out, the longer you can move. Great mechanic that makes it really replayable I think :D.

Maraski Baby looks beautiful on Vita; amazing looking characters and beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds accompanying a soundtrack made by the Silent Hill composer himself. The introduction theme felt ripped right out of Silent Hill; really cool I think :). Also like the Vita gimmicks here as they feel very natural; the backtouch pad feels great to use and I like how the front screen works. Holding her hand and helping her move is very Ico-esc, so that is cool.

on PS4? I was wondering if I should get it to RemotePlay
but I'll just play it on PC when it's out (got the Steam version preordered for... months)
Yup and yup, hoping it translates well to the Vita, cuz if so that's how I will be playing it. I don't own a PC powerful enough to run this beast aha.

Tizoc

You know if that new DQ8 were released on the PSVita, it would've gotten some nice sale boosts.
Not that Sony Japan cares THAT much sadly.

wilflare

Who cares, it'd look sexier on dat OLED~

I mean let's say DQ8 Remake is an N3DS game not a 3DS game; people would still gotta buy a new handheld for it!

Careful mate, you're proving that my 'Blindly faithful Nintendo Bias' conspiracy to be true.

what are you talking about?
you would see PS4 portbegs and no one would be banned too

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's already announced as a regular 3DS game.

Plus the port begging in that thread as it is hasn't been what I'd call egregious.

Tizoc

It's already announced as a regular 3DS game.

Plus the port begging in that thread as it is hasn't been what I'd call egregious.

Bit of a bummer, but wouldn't it being on the N3DS let the game benefit from its stronger hardware?
Capcom are at the top when it comes making good looking and animating games on 3DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SF IV, MH3U, MH4U, RE:R and Mercs 3D all look great, it's true. Plus the animation in PW5 and the upcoming game. Probably the best developer visually on the 3DS. RE:R is a near launch title and still has a case for best looking 3DS game.

Bravely Default/KH:DDD have their moments though.

Top Bottom