• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Tizoc

SF IV, MH3U, MH4U, RE:R and Mercs 3D all look great, it's true. Plus the animation in PW5 and the upcoming game. Probably the best developer visually on the 3DS. RE:R is a near launch title and still has a case for best looking 3DS game.

Bravely Default/KH:DDD have their moments though.

All things considered though, I'd like to see S-E deliver with the game's graphics for the 3DS ver.

Barvely Default looked...fine, but it's Capcom's output that I find to be the cream of the crop (or however the saying goes) on 3DS.

RK128

stop-posting.jpg

Wise cat you have man; knows when and when not to post :).

Regarding the whole DQ8 deal.....didn't we all expect it not to come to Vita? I mean, Square is one of the many developers who do not want to support the Vita, so them bringing the game to the 3DS is logical (as they have other DQ games on the DS and 3DS in JP).

A shame....but maybe they could put DQ8 as a PS2 classic at some point so we can play it on our PS3's :).

wilflare

All things considered though, I'd like to see S-E deliver with the game's graphics for the 3DS ver.

Barvely Default looked...fine, but it's Capcom's output that I find to be the cream of the crop (or however the saying goes) on 3DS.

stop dreaming Tizoc. it's not happening.
this is SQEX

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It would be HILARIOUS if in a multiplatform experiment Vita got a direct unity port of it. Play it in all its vertical 15 FPS goodness.

RK128

It would be HILARIOUS if in a multiplatform experiment Vita got a direct unity port of it. Play it in all its vertical 15 FPS goodness.

And all movement was controlled with the touch screen, completely ignoring the sticks and buttons :D!

Sorry :(, just that I could easily see Square pull something like that sadly :l.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And all movement was controlled with the touch screen, completely ignoring the sticks and buttons :D!

Sorry :(, just that I could easily see Square pull something like that sadly :l.

Well, holding the Vita Vertically would make for an interesting experiment. My thumb would finally not block the speaker though!

RK128

Well, holding the Vita Vertically would make for an interesting experiment. My thumb would finally not block the speaker though!

I would hold the Vita like when I played the Vita PSN game Sunflower (a fun little game where grow flowers with water by dragging the touch screen around).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
if Vita ever got STGs (which its lack of is a bit surprising) vertical could've been a decent way to play

It's kinda obnoxious to hold vertically. I just got mine to charge it and since I was talking about this gave it a go. I know some people do it for some segments of games but I think it'd be a nightmare to play that way full time.

Khronico

Well, my OLED vita is snugly packaged and ready to ship off to amazon tomorrow

246.gif

Now to wait for the trade in to go through and I will get myself a 2000.

Better not be any flash sales this weekend -_-

Shizuka

Come on guys, I don't want this to be a repeat of that one time where half of VitaGAF got banned all at the same time.
Including myself.

RK128

Come on guys, I don't want this to be a repeat of that one time where half of VitaGAF got banned all at the same time.
Including myself.

Why would we all get banned? We are civilly talking about DQ8, not yelling about it not coming to Vita :).

Like Names mentioned a while back, as long as we keep this thread clean, then we are good :D.

Everybody get Black Rock Shooter from PSN as it risks getting delisted since Imageepoch dun' ggpo-ed

Welp, gotta get that then whenever it goes down in price. Thanks for the heads up Tizoc :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Imagepoch gone? DQ VIII getting a remake? What a night to be alive. Been waiting a Time and Eternity for this one.

Producer

if Vita ever got STGs (which its lack of is a bit surprising) vertical could've been a decent way to play

I dont see it. Holding the vita vertically would be awkward, even more so controlling it with the analog. Where would they assign the shot button? The screen width would also be a tad small too.

Benedict

After beating Ys Memories of Celceta I thought I'd try Murasaki baby. After playing fifteen minutes I'm close to hating this game. Does it get better?
So glad I didn't fall for the hype and waited for it to be a plus game.

Producer

After beating Ys Memories of Celceta I thought I'd try Murasaki baby. After playing fifteen minutes I'm close to hating this game. Does it get better?
So glad I didn't fall for the hype and waited for it to be a plus game.

From what i played it seems like those artful, shallow gameplay type of game.

Zen Pinball 2 is also playable vertically... and it is kind of awkward. You need the touchscreen to control the flippers, but the right stick all the way at the bottom to nudge the table.

I can't play it any other way, though. The touchscreen eliminates the flipper lag, which is fatal if I try to use the triggers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zen Pinball 2 is also playable vertically... and it is kind of awkward. You need the touchscreen to control the flippers, but the right stick all the way at the bottom to nudge the table.

I can't play it any other way, though. The touchscreen eliminates the flipper lag, which is fatal if I try to use the triggers.

Yeah, I tried holding it vertically a few different ways and couldn't find a comfortable way to do it.

Alright just got FATE, always thought it looked interesting enough. Still need to think about BRS. I wish they would put those games on sale before pulling them.

Top Bottom