• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Didn't see the whole video, but the english seems alright. Now I just hope the western version doesn't launch on a busy month like it did in JP, lol.

The funny thing is though in Japan even though it launched against other titles, it seemed to be performing fairly well. So that was a good thing. Considering BanNam didnt go using the same group that did the Hollow Fragment localization am pretty certain things should be fine in Lost Song.

Am most def curious to hear how it does in Asia and the West when they get it.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
It says Aksys in US and Ghostlight on EU PSN

Yeah I don't think they'll disappear soon, but better safe than sorry.
Sorry, I meant that Marvelous owns the game and published it in Japan. So it shouldn't be removed.
Imageepoch owned and published Black Rock Shooter however so the future is uncertain for that game.

Sorry, I meant that Marvelous owns the game and published it in Japan. So it shouldn't be removed.
Imageepoch owned and published Black Rock Shooter however so the future is uncertain for that game.

Yeah I figured that out after looking at the JP publisher. :) I guess it could depend on the individual contracts.

SerTapTap

Anyone considering that LR2 grip should be aware the Remoteplay defaults have changed and that grip is likely to be far less useful for games released from now on. Front touch is default now over rear touch if the dev doesn't specify anything.

Everybody get Black Rock Shooter from PSN as it risks getting delisted since Imageepoch dun' ggpo-ed

Is this a risk? Was always a tiny bit interested in that but didn't want to buy it for $20 or whatever. I guess Midway's stuff all got removed. Was the JRPG Savior purchased or are their IPs lost to the ether?

if Vita ever got STGs (which its lack of is a bit surprising) vertical could've been a decent way to play

It's really not, buttons aren't laid out properly and it's weird to hold. It'd have to be like...a touch screen shmup. Might as well play with the rotting carcass of Cave on an iPhone if you want that.

SerTapTap

How many words are in Black Rock Shooter PSP? Considering grabbing a physical Japanese version over the digital one (ugh but then I have to use my PSP).

Also a bit tempted over these LEs that include a figure but I know nothing of the series other than cute protagonist.

RK128

Fuse is 4,50€, lol I'll probably get it

If you ignore the Insomniac name on the box, you can just imagine that some no-name developer made it, thus being surprised at its quality abit with a bland looking presentational style :).

It is a shame, as the core game looks to be fun (if a bit boring) but due to EA's testers, Insomniac felt forced into changing the game to fit 'younger' audiences or something :(.

RK128

Well I was actually hoping for that, it's an Insomniac game after all. But yeah, I'm so fucking pissed that the original, Incredibles-inspired concept was ditched ç_ç
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYowhad_1mw

edit: maybe Incredibles-inspired isn't actually right but there was definitely something good there.

No, it was clearly inspired by the Incredibles (right down to the black metallic ball that trap people being in both). That is what made Overstrike so interesting to me, as it took an art style that we all loved and was going to mix with that classic Insomniac touch; great creative weapons, really thought out enemy encounters, great looking worlds, light hearted but also emotional story.

While some of that is still hidden away in Fuse (the 'Fuse' weapons at least look interesting) it is a damn shame that the games, well Insomniac part was gutted away in appealing to young teens who thought that the game was 'kiddy' :(.

SerTapTap

Anyone played Nom Nom Galaxy?

Not the release version, I need to retry it. Plays fine/better with a controller I can say for sure. It's a lot like Terraria but more focused on base building/defense and resource management. also the saw is a highly satisfying mechanic, way better than Terraria mining.

It's very different from other Pixeljunk games and I can see why they distanced the brand from it. It's probably best played multiplayer too. I don't think it's a bad game but it's a bit stressy for me and doesn't have a lot of what made Monsters/Eden/Shooter/Sidescroller great for me (btw no one ever talks about Sidescroller, you all should buy it especially if you're the type to wine that we don't get non-bullet hell shmups)

I don't see the risk to Black Rock Shooter. THQ went bust and their games are still on PSN.

NISA hold the licence for western distribution of that game. It just means that whenever that licence expires, the game will be removed as they won't be able to renew it (unless someone buys the Japanese rights and NISA renegotiate it).

SerTapTap

I don't see the risk to Black Rock Shooter. THQ went bust and their games are still on PSN.

NISA hold the licence for western distribution of that game. It just means that whenever that licence expires, the game will be removed as they won't be able to renew it (unless someone buys the Japanese rights and NISA renegotiate it).

Oh, if NISA holds the publishing rights already I guess it's not a big deal (but it also means it probably won't be on sale...NISA seems allergic to sales).

And most of THQ's properties got gobbled up in their firesale. Midway went under and their stuff all got delisted I think so it's not a sure thing that stuff says up when a company dies. The midway classics kinda sucked on PS3 anyway.

Tizoc

Game was removed from JP PSN from what I heard.

VLiberty

No, it was clearly inspired by the Incredibles (right down to the black metallic ball that trap people being in both). That is what made Overstrike so interesting to me, as it took an art style that we all loved and was going to mix with that classic Insomniac touch; great creative weapons, really thought out enemy encounters, great looking worlds, light hearted but also emotional story.

While some of that is still hidden away in Fuse (the 'Fuse' weapons at least look interesting) it is a damn shame that the games, well Insomniac part was gutted away in appealing to young teens who thought that the game was 'kiddy' :(.
Yeah that was the main reason lol
DAT Kronos Unveiled scene

Gladiator Begins seems to have been pulled from PSN (EU.) Had to work my way through my downloads list to find it. Sad news if that great game is gone.
It's not an exploit game or something is it?
Not the release version, I need to retry it. Plays fine/better with a controller I can say for sure. It's a lot like Terraria but more focused on base building/defense and resource management. also the saw is a highly satisfying mechanic, way better than Terraria mining.

It's very different from other Pixeljunk games and I can see why they distanced the brand from it. It's probably best played multiplayer too. I don't think it's a bad game but it's a bit stressy for me and doesn't have a lot of what made Monsters/Eden/Shooter/Sidescroller great for me (btw no one ever talks about Sidescroller, you all should buy it especially if you're the type to wine that we don't get non-bullet hell shmups)
Hmm it sounds like something that might interest me, I'm just having trouble finding impressions. Might give it a few days.

SerTapTap

Gladiator Begins seems to have been pulled from PSN (EU.) Had to work my way through my downloads list to find it. Sad news if that great game is gone.

Hmm it sounds like something that might interest me, I'm just having trouble finding impressions. Might give it a few days.

There's some Steam reviews. Also this gaf post surmises it better than I have. I wonder if the Early Access release has made launch a bit more tepid, it's always a bit hard to get excited for a game twice which is why I try to ignore EA when possible.

Speaking of pixeljunk, what happened to Tomorrow Children? Considering the closed beta I thought it might be closer to release.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Actually I do seem to recall something about it being an exploit game? Maybe?

Could be wrong, though.

nampad

Holiday tomorrow and I am staying home today and will finally play some games on my Vita again :)

Hope the delivery guy brings my charging cable soon. Now what to play of my immense backlog?

bobohoro

It's kinda strange not having a game I'd want to play at the moment after the months of constantly playing MH4U and Toukiden. Finished Ayesha+ and Shovel Knight, not really feeling Toukiden any more, don't wanna play my consoles. I'd have loved Steins;Gate or Operation Abyss releasing around this time, now they are out on the same week as far as I can see?

And of course no decent sale either. Welp, more time to read manga/LNs.

nampad

Holiday tomorrow and I am staying home today and will finally play some games on my Vita again :)

Hope the delivery guy brings my charging cable soon. Now what to play of my immense backlog?

And the package was for some business shirts for work -.-

Kudo

Finally got the platinum for Demon Gaze. Probably going for Tales of Hearts R next. :)

Grats on the Platinum!

Started playing Dragon's Crown on Vita, I beat it once last year on PS3 and I got the urge replay, it's still good as ever and makes me wonder what is Vanillaware up to these days? It's been a while since their last release and their art is just out of this world I constantly yearn for more.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any quick thoughts on Geometry Wars 3? Really tempted by the $10 sale price, and the fact that it's gotten a substantial free update helps, too.

Tizoc

cAN't wait to beat Demon Gaze and then clear up space on my 64 GB.
Can't stomach these uninspired, lame character designs much longer @_@

Shizuka

bJHgrAc.jpg

autoduelist

what about Fate/EXTRA? I really wanna play that someday.

i feel like this was on sale at some point and i forgot to buy it... and now I'm hesitant to pull the trigger till it's on sale again.

Any quick thoughts on Geometry Wars 3? Really tempted by the $10 sale price, and the fact that it's gotten a substantial free update helps, too.

Certainly worth $10 even before the update (I haven't even gone back to it yet). Some coop trophies make the platinum harder than it should be (i need to shareplay with someone I guess? grrrr... did all the other hard stuff solo).

But definitely worth it.

maouvin

Yeah, Lorna's cleavage could get some improvements, right?.
I really like the designs overall, save for some of the ney portraits.

adarker

Banned
Color Guardians is auto-runner in the vein of Joe Danger. It is a well done game but seems like it would be more of a phone game. Didn't play the Vita version yet so I don't know how that runs.

Vigilant Gamers gave me a pre-relase copy that didn't have the Vita version. Read the review:

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/12/color-guardians-ps4-review/

Game play with commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iqgfTy1jA

How sad is it that Fried Console pimps my site on here better than I do?

Top Bottom