• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

ZeroAKA

I'm leaving for France (and then Italy) in 2 days and going to stay there until May 26. I don't know if I'll have time to shop in Europe, but does anyone know if there are any physical Vita/PS4 games that I might want to look out for?

Shizuka

I'm leaving for France (and then Italy) in 2 days and going to stay there until May 26. I don't know if I'll have time to shop in Europe, but does anyone know if there are any physical Vita/PS4 games that I might want to look out for?

Here you go:

Japanese games:

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);
- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Asia);
- Steins; Gate (Europe);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe).

Western games:

- Playstation Vita Pets (Europe);
- Football Manager 14 (Europe);
- Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (Europe);
- PQube racing games / MotoGP, MXGP (Europe);
- Tetris Ultimate (Europe);
- Invizimals (Europe);
- The Muppets Movie Adventure (Europe);
- Space Hulk (Europe);
- Minecraft (Europe, Asia).

Indies:

- Retro City Rampage DX;
- Teslagrad.

I highlighted the ones you should probably go for.

PlayStation Vita firmware v3.51 is now available for download, and offers nothing of note I could find (and no change log, being that it's a minor update).

Tapejara

Color Guardians is auto-runner in the vein of Joe Danger. It is a well done game but seems like it would be more of a phone game. Didn't play the Vita version yet so I don't know how that runs.

Vigilant Gamers gave me a pre-relase copy that didn't have the Vita version. Read the review:

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/12/color-guardians-ps4-review/

Game play with commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iqgfTy1jA

It's an auto-runner? Eh, I was hoping for more of a traditional 3D platformer. Guess I'll hold off.

It's an auto-runner? Eh, I was hoping for more of a traditional 3D platformer. Guess I'll hold off.

Yeah I thought Color Guardians might be more of a traditional 2.5D platformer but they did something while it has its own twist to it was still in a genre that has too many game already and for $.99 on phones. It is a shame they didn't do something great with the nice art and production.

M3mSZFG.jpg

Strike Solitaire for Vita despite featuring bowling in static images contains no actual bowling but lots of boring Solitaire. It is just Clock Solitaire of matching up cards. $5 and it still has buy to win crap.

ecurbj

PlayStation Vita firmware v3.51 is now available for download, and offers nothing of note I could find (and no change log, being that it's a minor update).
I take it that this finally removes the ability to use the YouTube app, right?

First time posting from my Vita :p

I take it that this finally removes the ability to use the YouTube app, right?

First time posting from my Vita :p

The YouTube app will simply stop working on its own once YouTube updates its API past the parameters the app currently allows (the reason for the support drop in the first place). A firmware update for that purpose would be an unnecessary use of resources that could be put elsewhere, and I doubt they'd go that far when there's no need.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Can someone refresh my memory on the activation limits for vita/mobile.

Isn't up to 3 systems now since PSTV came out?
So I can any combination of 3 PSP, Vita, or PSTV right?

Can someone refresh my memory on the activation limits for vita/mobile.

Isn't up to 3 systems now since PSTV came out?
So I can any combination of 3 PSP, Vita, or PSTV right?

Yup. that's the current scenario.

For example my current systems are: One PSV-1000, Gundam vita then a PSP go.

omg_mjd

I checked my PSN account and I have 3 activated Vitas (two busted units and one working). I can't seem to deactivate the two broken units remotely. Does this mean that if I happen to lose or break this Vita I won't be able to activate a new unit because of the limit?

EDIT: Oh it seems I can deactivate all of my systems at once via the PS website, every 6 months. That's a relief. :)

SerTapTap

IS there a reason the "what's new" tab on PS4 is constantly broken anymore? IT was never very useful since I don't really care how many of my friends "played" Amazon Video today, but it's kinda weird.

Is this site safe? Worried that my account gets banned.

Aside from gamesharing (do not do this) I don't think console gaming really has the illegitimate keys issue PC does. There's no "russian steam keys" situation because keys are tied to account region, the "fake youtuber press keys" issue seems to be greatly reduced, no bundle resales and so on. That said I haven't heard of the site and can't vouch for 'em.

autoduelist

I checked my PSN account and I have 3 activated Vitas (two busted units and one working). I can't seem to deactivate the two broken units remotely. Does this mean that if I happen to lose or break this Vita I won't be able to activate a new unit because of the limit?

EDIT: Oh it seems I can deactivate all of my systems at once via the PS website, every 6 months. That's a relief. :)

Since you have two broken on the account already, you should deactivate right now since if your current one broke you'd need to wait 6 months to add one. Might as well start that countdown now so you're not upset later.

Don't know if it's been this low before but The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 is available for $12.49 as a downloadable at Gamedealdaily. This is the US version.

Is this site safe? Worried that my account gets banned.

I bought this code from them last week and it all went flawlessly. Seems legit. As others have said, there aren't illegitimate codes out there so Sony isn't going to care, and I paid through a secure site (paypal iirc) so I'm not worried about that. At that point, all I care about is 'do I get a working code', and I did. So buy without fear imo.

Hikami

Play-Asia has removed Swort Art Online: Lost Song (PS3/Vita) from the pre-order list and added a "ships in 1-2 weeks" warning on the listings.

Covers for the two versions are different:

Seen some gameplay on Youtube, the translation looks good. So tempted to import but I'll still wait and see if Bamco actually has a physical release for the west.

Prelude.

Niche Gamer's "People Need to Get Over Themselves Being Outraged at Fanservice in Video Games" is a pretty good read, it should be linked in the OP every time a game that makes Ryuukan cry gets announced for localization.

Seen some gameplay on Youtube, the translation looks good. So tempted to import but I'll still wait and see if Bamco actually has a physical release for the west.
I'll be waiting also. As much as I loved HF, this is not it, nor a sequel to it, it's a completely different game. With HF I took a gamble but I saw something in it when I imported it, I knew it would be special. With this one I just don't see it. I'll be waiting for the western announcement and get it then. My plate is full already as is anyway.

Shizuka

Regarding Axiom Verge on Vita:

Vita port is definitely a super high priority and is probably the most frequently asked question. :) Right now we're waiting for some tools from Sony, so there's little that we can do until then. (In case you're not aware, the game was originally made in MonoGame, which is supported by PS4. We're waiting for MonoGame support for Vita.) We've been assured that those tools are actively being worked on, so as soon as we get those, I know Tom will be jumping right on it. The person creating those tools for Sony is using Axiom Verge as one of the test cases for the tool itself, so in some ways it will be designed for Axiom Verge. :)
Just want to make sure that everyone knows that this is super high priority for us. If there are any delays, please know that it's not due to anyone - either at Sony or us - blowing it off or not caring.

From Reddit.

Other interesting games made with MonoGame are Bastion, TowerFall, Transistor and Mercenary Kings.

Maybe the Vita version for all those games (except Transistor) are all being held back because the engine is still getting ported to the Vita and it's not ready.

SerTapTap

Interesting, I didn't know Vita lacked/was waiting for Monogame support. Will be interested to see what happens when support comes over since that should be a bigger deal than just Axiom Verge.

Mercenary Kings had a Vita version planned, right?

deadfolk

Other interesting games made with MonoGame are Bastion, TowerFall, Transistor and Mercenary Kings.

Maybe the Vita version for all those games (except Transistor) are all being held back because the engine is still getting ported to the Vita and it's not ready.

Now that would be quite something.

OT: An hour into Xenoblade. Goodness, this game seems large. And lovely. And right up my alley - I'm a sucker for anything with a day/night cycle. I don't think I'm going to be playing much else on portable platforms for a while.

Who am I kidding? My attention span is too short and I love my Vita too much. Just waiting for my copy of Moecron to arrive.

SerTapTap

Hope they do Transistor too, I've already played it but I hope more people get to. I think I'm in the minority but I liked it a lot more than Bastion gameplay-wise. I what them to do more with that combat system actually.

Hope they do Transistor too, I've already played it but I hope more people get to. I think I'm in the minority but I liked it a lot more than Bastion gameplay-wise. I what them to do more with that combat system actually.
Transistor is a fucking masterpiece that all PS4 players should play at least once. I would totally double dip if they released a physical version on either the PS4 or Vita. I still listen to its OST from time to time, my goodness it's so good.

SerTapTap

Nicalis is like the console High Voltage at this point

Transistor is a fucking masterpiece that all PS4 players should play at least once. I would totally double dip if they released a physical version on either the PS4 or Vita. I still listen to its OST from time to time, my goodness it's so good.

Would definitely buy physical. I hope Sony starts picking out select indies and working with them to get more physical releases like RCR. I know Tower of Guns is getting one, and I think the creator of Electronic Super Joy was hinting about it too (I didn't even know they were planned for PS)

Ordered a copy of New Little Kings Story vita off amazon today as i was a big fan of the Wii original. Now contemplating losing my play asia ordering virginity and getting the 2 Sword Art Online titles or any other asian/jpn release that doesnt have a language barrier. Recommendations? Dokuro? Puyo Puyo Tetris?

Soooo... Something screwed up just happened. I was 100% sure that I canceled my order from Play-Asia of SAO:LS. I just got a call from FedEx telling me I have a package in customs waiting to be paid for, from Hong Kong. I wasn't charged for the game at all, yet it is waiting at the post office. What the fuck.

Shizuka

Ordered a copy of New Little Kings Story vita off amazon today as i was a big fan of the Wii original. Now contemplating losing my play asia ordering virginity and getting the 2 Sword Art Online titles or any other asian/jpn release that doesnt have a language barrier. Recommendations? Dokuro? Puyo Puyo Tetris?

The first Sword Art Online game is too expensive on Play-Asia right now, it was $36 just a few days ago.

Soooo... Something screwed up just happened. I was 100% sure that I canceled my order from Play-Asia of SAO:LS. I just got a call from FedEx telling me I have a package in customs waiting to be paid for, from Hong Kong. I wasn't charged for the game at all, yet it is waiting at the post office. What the fuck.

Sell me your copy.

Ventara

Do it. And Dokuro is a nice little game. I'd recommend Oreshika, but that's sold out on PA, though you can still get it from other places.

They might do a late charge. You sure it was cancelled (like on the order status page)?

Yes, cancelled and no charges whatsoever on my card, FedEx has the item as is waiting for me to pay $30 for its release. I didnt order anything else other than that game before cancelling it so I can't think of it being any other title. I sent them an email since I'd feel horrible just picking it up, it'd be like them giving me the game for free. I will keep you updated.

N° 2048

Yes, cancelled and no charges whatsoever on my card, FedEx has the item as is waiting for me to pay $30 for its release. I didnt order anything else other than that game before cancelling it so I can't think of it being any other game. I sent them an email since I'd feel horrible just picking it up, it'd be like them giving me the game for free. I will keep you updated.

Imagine they give it you for free anyway since it's their mistake. Slim chance but hey you never know.

Imagine they give it you for free anyway since it's their mistake. Slim chance but hey you never know.
I don't know man. They would be losing close to $100 :S I wouldn't say no, it'd be a great birthday gift lol! But nonetheless right now I feel awful. I don't know whether to pay the fees and get it delivered to me, which means I lose money, or what. I can't think of how this can be resolved in a smooth way... I mean are they going to pay me for the customs and return shipping price? Fucking hell this sucks.

Ventara

Yes, cancelled and no charges whatsoever on my card, FedEx has the item as is waiting for me to pay $30 for its release. I didnt order anything else other than that game before cancelling it so I can't think of it being any other title. I sent them an email since I'd feel horrible just picking it up, it'd be like them giving me the game for free. I will keep you updated.

Definitely don't pick it up. $30?! That's highway robbery! You can clear it yourself if they want to charge that much. This is why I do my best to avoid FedEx/Purolator.

I don't know man. They would be losing close to $100 :S I wouldn't say no, it'd be a great birthday gift lol! But nonetheless right now I feel awful. I don't know whether to pay the fees and get it delivered to me, which means I lose money, or what. I can't think of how this can be resolved in a smooth way... I mean are they going to pay me for the customs and return shipping price? Fucking hell this sucks.

Just don't pick it up. Play-Asia will not refund you that.

Definitely don't pick it up. $30?! That's highway robbery! You can clear it yourself if they want to charge that much. This is why I do my best to avoid FedEx/Purolator.

Just don't pick it up. Play-Asia will not refund you that.
Oh god it's only been 10 mins and I just got another automated call from FedEx "reminding me" to pay. Are you telling me these fuckers are gonna keep calling until I pay?! For fuck's sake, at first I felt bad but now I'm annoyed. The email I sent Play-Asia is only gonna be read between 8-17PM over there, which means around 8PM my time. If I keep getting calls non-stop all day I swear I'll fly to Hong Kong and slap them all in the forehead, bring one of them back with me to pick up their game, and fly that person back home with a kick in the butt.

Shinriji

Just leaving another shoutout for Wilflare. He bought two games for me and also heard me rambling about how the package was "missing" in customs. I wish I could make something for this community like he does.

Now enjoy your FFX-2 without worries, man!

autoduelist

The simplest answer is you pay the fees and keep/sell the game. Playasia isn't going to want to deal with all the fees that would come with it being returned. It was their mistake, don't sweat it. It's why Amazon just tells you to keep things 90% of the time when there is an issue - returns are a huge cost/hassle.

Are you double sure you absolutely cancelled it? Like, did you go through your emails and verify you did?

If so, just sell it or give it away. It's not worth getting worked up about, they almost certainly don't want it back.

Shizuka

If you don't pay, Fedex will return the pack to the original sender eventually, which would be Play-Asia. The easiest way would be contacting Amazon and telling them that the package was sent as a mistake, you didn't order it and you're not going to receive it.

I did that once with Fedex and they returned it to the sender, no extra charges whatsoever.

The simplest answer is you pay the fees and keep/sell the game. Playasia isn't going to want to deal with all the fees that would come with it being returned. It was their mistake, don't sweat it. It's why Amazon just tells you to keep things 90% of the time when there is an issue - returns are a huge cost/hassle.

Are you double sure you absolutely cancelled it? Like, did you go through your emails and verify you did?

If so, just sell it or give it away. It's not worth getting worked up about, they almost certainly don't want it back.
Yup, they couldn't charge me anyway since the credit card information that I have on there is old, so even if they tried there would be no card to take the money from. The email is still there, saying that the cancelled the product, and I even replied to it specifically to let them know that I got the call from FedEx.

If you don't pay, Fedex will return the pack to the original sender eventually, which would be Play-Asia. The easiest way would be contacting Amazon and telling them that the package was sent as a mistake, you didn't order it and you're not going to receive it.

I did that once with Fedex and they returned it to the sender, no extra charges whatsoever.
I'm just worried that they send it back and make me pay for the product still, since Play-Asia always sends their stuff as "gifts", or at least that's what I remember the parcels always being. If they tell me to keep the game I will, since technically I would be paying less than half the price it costs lol... The localized version I imagine will be 39.99 so I'd be saving money and getting a physical copy of the game to boot. I just want to make sure they won't come after their money afterwards.

Top Bottom