• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Shizuka

Just 5 more days. It's definitely the best side game so far.

Not by Brazil's standards. It took me a month and a half to find Toukiden Kiwami, except by the time I found it over here, it was too expensive and I didn't want it anymore.

TOTP: Get ready for hyperdimenion.

Shun

Disgaea 4 Return has officially become super tedious...

Oh you just finished a level 400 stage? Next one's level 1000.

Any ways to make this go by quicker and more fun? Mana/Exp grinding is taking a while.

quabba

Oh man Im a bit disappointed that Axiom Verge is being held up by the engine, I was hoping it was actively being worked on by those guys and would be out soon.

Yushi

So all the sudden i cannot use PayPal. Getting a "bad Gateway" error. And i no way in hell want to use my CC on this. (cuz for some reason they think my CC doesnt exist)

I am sad :(

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Recently acquired a PS Vita. Was hoping someone might have a few really good webpages or Neogaf posts/threads bookmarked that contain some great and varied game recommendations. Can anyone help me out?

Starting out with digital PSP and PSone Classics games from the PSN Store. Missed out on lots of those.

Thanks!

So does anyone have recommendations on sites I can buy Oreshika the asian edition with English subs? Its killing me i didnt own a Vita when it was available and now i NEED it.

autoduelist

I just want to make sure they won't come after their money afterwards.

Zero chance of them trying to charge you for something you cancelled. If they did, they'd have hell to pay with the credit card company.

Contact them, confirm they want you to keep it (odds are) and it's yours. There is a slight chance they tell you to let it be so it gets returned to them, but I'm not sure how that works with customs and if they get more fees/fines for that, it's even more likely they tell you to keep it.

Zero chance of them trying to charge you for something you cancelled. If they did, they'd have hell to pay with the credit card company.

Contact them, confirm they want you to keep it (odds are) and it's yours. There is a slight chance they tell you to let it be so it gets returned to them, but I'm not sure how that works with customs and if they get more fees/fines for that, it's even more likely they tell you to keep it.
I contacted them but the answer they gave me didn't really answer what to do with it:

Dear names2hard4you,

Thanks for informing us. It's ok now and all good because I've looked into our records and confirmed that the order has been cancelled already.

For more concerns and questions, do not hesitate to email me back and it will be my pleasure to help.

Best regards,

This confirms that it was cancelled, but doesn't tell me whether or not to call fedex and pay the fees or just let it be lol. Sigh... What a messy situation.

autoduelist

I contacted them but the answer they gave me didn't really answer what to do with it:

This confirms that it was cancelled, but doesn't tell me whether or not to call fedex and pay the fees or just let it be lol. Sigh... What a messy situation.

if you want it for $30 or whatever it costs, just go get it. If you don't want to spend whatever the customs cost it, leave it be. They don't care, they don't even think they sent it to you. Not really messy at all, you got something for free and are morally in the clear given the situation. 'Fixing' the situation [returning it] would cost more to all involved than the game is worth.

Shizuka

Couldn't the Fedex package be something else? I'd pay the $30 just to see if it really is SAO from Play-Asia.

if you want it for $30 or whatever it costs, just go get it. If you don't want to spend whatever the customs cost it, leave it be. They don't care, they don't even think they sent it to you. Not really messy at all, you got something for free and are morally in the clear given the situation. 'Fixing' the situation [returning it] would cost more to all involved than the game is worth.
Idk it just feels wrong to take it without being sure lmao. I get what you mean, but at the same time until they tell me "yes, it's ok for you to keep it" I don't want to do it, simply because this mistake cost them money. Maybe I'm just weird, or too honest idk.
Couldn't the Fedex package be something else? I'd pay the $30 just to see if it really is SAO from Play-Asia.
It is from them, since it says that much when I check the tracking. Since I haven't made a single order since SAO HF before I preordered Lost Song in October of 2014, and then cancelled it in March of this year, that game has to be what they sent me. Couldn't imagine this being anything else.

Shizuka

Let me pay the $30 taxes and ship the game to me. I'll pay for that shipping too.

latest

Just wanna ask.

Was anybody else forced to change passwords?

JP PSN

Just to note, I was trying out the RISE OF MANA (it does have performance issues...) and I was suddenly I was told that my password can no longer be used (it didn't ask for my current password). Cancelled the options and quit the game.

So I went and accessed the PS Store instead on Vita. Same thing.

Checked my email, and there's no email that I have to change passwords.

Ventara

Welp went ahead and paid the $30 and the game will be here tomorrow. I'll take this as an early birthday gift lol, guess sometimes luck is on my side.

Just to be sure, are you certain this is the game you cancelled with PA?

Anyways, Fedex totally scammed you with that $30 fee. You could've saved yourself some money and cleared the package yourself.

RK128

Just about done with Metal Gear Rising and....going take a break playing it for a while :l. The final boss is just....so lovely (hate how precise the game demands you to use the Blade mode....when the rest of the game is okay with you just mashing the square and triangle buttons for the mode, the final boss demands you precisely aim with the right stick to destroy rocks you could easily break with normal square/triangle button inputs X().

Oh well, gives me an excuse to replay past missions to max out Riddens stats at least :).

Also....college is almost done XD! Only have two more projects left to complete (a portfolio for Advanced Fiction and a debate for one of my Sign Language classes), and then I can enjoy a great summer :). So many games to chose from and lots more to pick up; this is going to be a really fun few months :D.

Just about done with Metal Gear Rising and....going take a break playing it for a while :l. The final boss is just....so lovely (hate how precise the game demands you to use the Blade mode....when the rest of the game is okay with you just mashing the square and triangle buttons for the mode, the final boss demands you precisely aim with the right stick to destroy rocks you could easily break with normal square/triangle button inputs X().

Oh well, gives me an excuse to replay past missions to max out Riddens stats at least :).

Also....college is almost done XD! Only have two more projects left to complete (a portfolio for Advanced Fiction and a debate for one of my Sign Language classes), and then I can enjoy a great summer :). So many games to chose from and lots more to pick up; this is going to be a really fun few months :D.

After you beat it once you are going to love that boss. I promise you.

It's so fucking epic. Right now it feels like hell but trust me. So good. God damn beautiful game.

RK128

After you beat it once you are going to love that boss. I promise you.

It's so fucking epic. Right now it feels like hell but trust me. So good. God damn beautiful game.

I could see myself like it too; the build up to the fight is South Park-levels of comedy and the craziness just keeps escalating until your robot dog gives you a powerful sword and this amazing track starts playing (with full lyrics too; no cutting in and out like the other main 'boss' fights in the game).

Its just that that mechanic is really irritating when the rest of the game honestly did not give me a lot of trouble....and I am not very good at these types of games (didn't like DMC3 despite enjoying the combat system......guess I wasn't good at it :l).

RK128

Recently acquired a PS Vita. Was hoping someone might have a few really good webpages or Neogaf posts/threads bookmarked that contain some great and varied game recommendations. Can anyone help me out?

Starting out with digital PSP and PSone Classics games from the PSN Store. Missed out on lots of those.

Thanks!

Hope this helps you and sorry if I didn't respond sooner Jamaal23.

PlayStation Portable and PS1 Library
1. (PSP) – Daxter
2. (PSP) – God of War: Ghost of Sparta
3. (PSP) – Ape Escape: On the Loose
4. (PSP) – Star Wars: Battlefront II
5. (PSP) – Dead Head Fred
6. (PSP) – Twisted Metal Head On
7. (PSP) – MotorStorm Arctic Edge
8. (PSP) – Hot Shots Golf
9. (PSP) – Hot Shots Tennis
10. (PSP) – Sega Genesis Collection
11. (PSP) – Prince of Persia Two Thrones
12. (PSP) – Prince of Persia Warrior Within
13. (PSP) – Tomb Rader Anniversary
14. (PSP) – Tomb Rader Legend
15. (PSP) – Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
16. (PSP) – Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
17. (PSP) – Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
18. (PSP) – The Warriors
19. (PSP) – Silent Hill Origins
20. (PSP) – Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles
21. (PSP) – Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
22. (PSP) – Rock Band Unplugged Lite
23. (PSP) – Persona 3 Portable
24. (PSP) – Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
25. (PSP) – Valhalla Knights
26. (PS1) – Crash Bandicoot
27. (PS1) – Crash Bandicoot 2
28. (PS1) – Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
29. (PS1) – Crash Team Racing
30. (PS1) – Spyro the Dragon
31. (PS1) – Spyro 2: Rypto’s Rage
32. (PS1) – Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
33. (PS1) – Syphon Filter 3
34. (PS1) – Chrono Trigger
35. (PS1) – Chrono Cross
36. (PS1) – Rayman
37. (PS1) – Rayman 2: The Great Escape
38. (PS1) – Pac-Man World 1
39. (PS1) – Klona Door to Phantomile
40. (PS1) – Wild Arms
41. (PS1) – Wild Arms 2
42. (PS1) – Legend of Dragoon
43. (PS1) – Dino Crisis
44. (PS1) – Dino Crisis 2
45. (PS1) – Tekken 2
46. (PS1) – Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
47. (PS1) – Final Fantasy VII
48. (PS1) – Final Fantasy IX
49. (PS1) – Castlevanna: Symphony of the Night
50. (PS1) – Metal Gear Solid
51. (PS1) – Silent Hill
52. (PS1) – Mega Man X4
53. (PS1) – Mega Man X5
54. (PS1) – Strider 1 & 2
55. (PS1) – Breath of Fire IV
56. (PS1) - Alundra
57. (PS1) - Suikoden
58. (PS1) – Warhawk
59. (PS1) – Destruction Derby

Edit: Crash and Spyro ONLY work on EU PSN accounts; only listed them here due to getting them through the 'Great PSN Glitch of 2014'. Sorry if any confusion was made :(.

Does anyone have updated instructions on creating a Japanese PSN account with a PC/Mac? I can only find guides from 2 or 3 years ago and everything is PS3 specific.

I set up an account a long time ago, but I must have used a fake birth date so I can't reset the password.

Found my answer. Hope this helps someone else.

Not fluent in Japanese? No problem. Use Chrome, navigate here. Hit the translate button when prompted.

Before you are able to make any purchases on the Japanese SEN Online Store, you will need to fill out your name and address information. The SEN Online Store (for all regions) uses an overlay that Chrome cannot translate. No problem, just open up Google Translate in a separate tab and copy/paste all of the text as it appears during this process. This will allow you to complete the address information entry if you cannot read Japanese.

autoduelist

Idk it just feels wrong to take it without being sure lmao. I get what you mean, but at the same time until they tell me "yes, it's ok for you to keep it" I don't want to do it, simply because this mistake cost them money. Maybe I'm just weird, or too honest idk.

You are overthinking it. You already contacted them and they effectively brushed you off. Their computers tell them they didn't send it to you, and no amount of telling them differently will change that. The only solution that doesn't cost everyone money and headaches at this point is you keeping it. Even if they did realize they accidentally sent it to you, it makes more sense for you to keep it than for them to pay to have you ship it back.

HGH

Banned
I read something about there being missable quests in one of the chapters, or something. Is it as bad as Omega Quintet in that regard?

I have heard some talk about missable cutscenes that make it so you have to start a new save file entirely, yes, but no specifics.

redcrayon

Thanks!
My favourite PSOne games:
Front Mission 3 (SRPG with mechs)
Alundra (a bit like Zelda LTTP but quite tough)
Suikoden I and II
Castlevania SOTN

On the PSP, I'm fond of:
Castlevania: Dracula x Chronicles
Megaman X: Maverick Hunter
Jeanne D'arc (SRPG)
Gungnir (SRPG)
Growlanser IV (JRPG)
Trails in the Sky (JRPG)

There's loads to choose from though, the back catalogues are huge.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Hope this helps you and sorry if I didn't respond sooner Jamaal23.

PlayStation Portable and PS1 Library
(Awesome list...)

Edit: Crash and Spyro ONLY work on EU PSN accounts; only listed them here due to getting them through the 'Great PSN Glitch of 2014'. Sorry if any confusion was made :(.

My favourite PSOne games:
(Awesome list...)

There's loads to choose from though, the back catalogues are huge.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

No worries, RK128. Will be NA PSN account for me, but Crash/Spyro were among the few games I had played in the PS1 days, so it's all good.

redcrayon, definitely agree with ya. Pretty much the reason I'm going to slowly build my Vita games collection. So many old games to keep me busy until some good Vita game sales come along.

Guess what I'm picking up tomorrow.
You are gonna have a goddamn blast!!!

Just to be sure, are you certain this is the game you cancelled with PA?

Anyways, Fedex totally scammed you with that $30 fee. You could've saved yourself some money and cleared the package yourself.
Yup it's guaranteed, unless someone from Play-Asia was "really feeling it" and randomly sent me a free item lol. After all, the representative confirmed it himself on the last email I got yesterday.

You are overthinking it. You already contacted them and they effectively brushed you off. Their computers tell them they didn't send it to you, and no amount of telling them differently will change that. The only solution that doesn't cost everyone money and headaches at this point is you keeping it. Even if they did realize they accidentally sent it to you, it makes more sense for you to keep it than for them to pay to have you ship it back.
Yeah you are right, and worst come to worst I'll just give them their goddamn money, no biggie. The haven't said anything else ever since, and the game is on its way to my place.

Leave me alone! This damn game.
Never.
Reyn time is forever.

SerTapTap

Indie LBP3 costumes! Velocity 2X, Octodad and more

I read something about there being missable quests in one of the chapters, or something. Is it as bad as Omega Quintet in that regard?

There's some incredibly obvious stuff you'd have to be a complete moron to miss, I'm not sure what the time cuttoff is, but it's easy enough to just do it immediately after you get them. There's like 4 quests that are no longer than a normal quest. Not entirely sure what any missable stuff does if anything, haven't finished the game quite yet but I think I'm in the chapter where the missable stuff is? There's basically a menu dedicated to "optional" story stuff that instantly alerts you when any optional content is there, extremely easy to manage.

The Legend of Dark Witch is coming to the Vita in Japan. Here's the official site.

Cool stuff, this game was pretty decent. It's basically a mega man clone with a Gradius style upgrade bar. Like most mega man games, the weapons you get from bosses are almost entirely useless (they cost upgrade bar points in this one) but the core gameplay is alright, though the level/boss design is by no means Mega Man quality. It also has surprisingly good options, lets you customize whether you hear voices mid gameplay or how you want your controls to work (hold for longer jump or static jump). For the low price I got it at it was a worthwhile little experiment.

SerTapTap

nay or Imageepoch fire sale.

I'd be down for that. I can't decide what version of black rock shooter to get. I can get physical japanese for $25 (used and I think it's some manner of limited edition), superfancy limited edition with a cool figure for $100 or boring but understandable and playable on Vita digital US version for $20. I also kind of want to buy Time and Eternity for super cheap just to see how bad it is because I make good financial decisions.

Top Bottom