• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

AsfaeksBR

When does Flash Sales occur?
I thought it was on Fridays in the middle os the month...

TOTP: Buy Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Titan Souls!

Ventara

So does anyone have recommendations on sites I can buy Oreshika the asian edition with English subs? Its killing me i didnt own a Vita when it was available and now i NEED it.

Give wilflare a PM. He's helped a bunch of us import the game from Singapore.

Yup it's guaranteed, unless someone from Play-Asia was "really feeling it" and randomly sent me a free item lol. After all, the representative confirmed it himself on the last email I got yesterday.

In that case, awesome news! Out of curiosity, what's the game?

I'd buy a physical copy.

In that case, awesome news! Out of curiosity, what's the game?
The only order I have made through them since my last one, was SAO Lost Song. Made the preorder in October of 2014, but canceled in March of this year after getting mixed impressions. For the price that I was gonna pay ($100 + the 30 from customs) I just didn't see it as viable at all. In the end I guess I'm getting it for the price of a digital Vita download lol.

mao2

nKQ6NYr.jpg

J6Flnrt.jpg

a1lZQWI.jpg
The Legend of Dark Witch is coming to Vita at end of this month in Japan @ 400yen. It's an indie action platformer originally released on 3DS.
http://insidesystem.in.net/mjsj_vita/

Vita version will receive a number of enhancements like faster loading, some images in HD, multiple languages, trophy support, bug fixes etc.
https://twitter.com/INSIDE_SYSTEM/status/599185048009453568
https://twitter.com/INSIDE_SYSTEM/status/599185577301266432
https://twitter.com/INSIDE_SYSTEM/status/599190130599923712

autoduelist

So... does anyone else's DS4 get a little wonky at mid/low power? That is, sometimes it's still reporting 2 bars of power but it's obviously having issues -- the character will start moving the wrong direction, or slowly, or too fast... just here and there, but enough to be clear it's an issue. I have two controllers, so I switch them up [mildly annoying], but I'm wondering if this is a
1) your ps4 is too out of the way and you need to give it a clearer 'line of site'
or
2) your controller is faulty, that never happens to me
or
3) nope, happens to all of us!

So, Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.
Happy to see this, Wasteland 2 and Elite 4 coming to consoles.
Now I hope to hear more about the next Fallout soon as well.

Wonder how they will work on Vita...

Well... that's good news. I kickstarted the hell out of Wasteland 2 but have a hard time playing it on my laptop... my laptop can handle it, but it really needs a mouse because the touchpad just is limiting for certain things. So... I'd rather double dip and play on my PS4.

I'm guessing the same for Divinity, which is super high on my 'games I want to buy and never play on my PC'.

SerTapTap

So... does anyone else's DS4 get a little wonky at mid/low power? That is, sometimes it's still reporting 2 bars of power but it's obviously having issues -- the character will start moving the wrong direction, or slowly, or too fast... just here and there, but enough to be clear it's an issue. I have two controllers, so I switch them up [mildly annoying], but I'm wondering if this is a
1) your ps4 is too out of the way and you need to give it a clearer 'line of site'
or
2) your controller is faulty, that never happens to me
or
3) nope, happens to all of us!

Sounds like what my DS4s do when I'm too far from the PS4--I play in the bedroom sometimes via a long HDMI cord and splitter, but it freaks out and briefly loses connection sometimes, it's worse when I have my Surface Pro 3 in my lap between the DS4 and the PS4.

I will import the hell out of this as I am trying to go all physical releases if at all possible.
Really wish I hadn't backed that game, I think I stupidly backed the fake-physical tier and I surely won't get an option for a proper blu ray PS4 release.

Thanks to wilflare I have a physical copy of Oreshika with english coming my way and I am ecstatic! Any of you that have gotten one from him have any info on how long shipping took to the US?

Tohsaka

There's some incredibly obvious stuff you'd have to be a complete moron to miss, I'm not sure what the time cuttoff is, but it's easy enough to just do it immediately after you get them. There's like 4 quests that are no longer than a normal quest. Not entirely sure what any missable stuff does if anything, haven't finished the game quite yet but I think I'm in the chapter where the missable stuff is? There's basically a menu dedicated to "optional" story stuff that instantly alerts you when any optional content is there, extremely easy to manage.

Sounds fine, I always do optional stuff first anyway so hopefully I won't have any problems.

SerTapTap

Sounds fine, I always do optional stuff first anyway so hopefully I won't have any problems.

It's generally extremely obvious what the chapter-ending quests are, all you really need to do is view the events, clear all the quests before the obviously story-advancing ones and you should be fine. Unsure if it has multiple endings or anything.

autoduelist

Sounds like what my DS4s do when I'm too far from the PS4--I play in the bedroom sometimes via a long HDMI cord and splitter, but it freaks out and briefly loses connection sometimes, it's worse when I have my Surface Pro 3 in my lap between the DS4 and the PS4.

Hmm. My PS4 isn't optimally placed -- it's in the corner of the room with a couch right beside it blocking it - the couch is going up the wall away from the TV. I keep it there to keep it safe from kiddy hands -- if I kept it up and clear line of sight, there would be other issues.

I guess maybe it's that, combined with middling battery power. But testing it would be a pain in the ass (rerouting wires) and I couldn't keep it in a better position even if i wanted to. So... I'm guess it's not the controllers, it's me.

SerTapTap

Hmm. My PS4 isn't optimally placed -- it's in the corner of the room with a couch right beside it blocking it - the couch is going up the wall away from the TV. I keep it there to keep it safe from kiddy hands -- if I kept it up and clear line of sight, there would be other issues.

I guess maybe it's that, combined with middling battery power. But testing it would be a pain in the ass (rerouting wires) and I couldn't keep it in a better position even if i wanted to. So... I'm guess it's not the controllers, it's me.

Hm, not sure then, that doesn't sound like enough unless you've got metal in the way. I've got about a foot's worth of dense wall between my PS4 and the bedroom (and the TV is half in the way), I wouldn't think just a couch would be enough but I'm not sure. The DS4's signal definitely seems pickier than DS3s or DS4s. Might be due to the higher polling rate compared to DS4 though? I haven't noticed battery affecting it but Im' not sure, I mean the DS4 is almost always like half empty after all.

Zhao_Yun

Just about done with Metal Gear Rising and....going take a break playing it for a while :l. The final boss is just....so lovely (hate how precise the game demands you to use the Blade mode....when the rest of the game is okay with you just mashing the square and triangle buttons for the mode, the final boss demands you precisely aim with the right stick to destroy rocks you could easily break with normal square/triangle button inputs X().

Oh well, gives me an excuse to replay past missions to max out Riddens stats at least :).

One tip for the blade mode parts of that fight... you don't have to cut all the rocks. You can just dash to the side and dodge it. You'll lose a bit of free dps if I remember correctly but it's better than dying :p

Freedom Wars is 4.80 in that flash sale, is it worth it?

That price is really good. Too bad it's US store only :(

Prelude.

God, SSD is $4.86, I'd buy it instantly if it was on the EU store.
It'd be a good way to buy the online pass for cheap if I'll ever buy the asian physical edition.

Shizuka

Everyone should buy Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta. I mean, you can get both with just a $10 PSN card and still have some change left.

SerTapTap

I assume everyone has Flower but I'll still recommend it. Tempted to buy Freedom Wars again just to have it digital at that price. Red Faction Guerilla should be played. I didn't hate Apocalypse like many do, but you can still skip it. Great price for Wolf Among Us too.

Ni no Kuni for $5 is fine if you just pretend the game ends the moment you warp into Fantasy Land and there is no game. It is a lovely, extremely unpleasant game.

Ephidel

I already own Freedom Wars and SSD but if I didn't I would jump on them for those prices.

I loved the PC version of Frozen Synapse, anyone have any impressions on the Vita version? Not that I think I can pass it up for that price anyway. I'll have to pick up some credit.

Khronico

Already have Freedom Wars so I'm getting:

Tekken 6
Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD (On the fence with this one)
SSD
Frozen Synapse
Don't Starve

Don't have a vita to play em on though, still waiting for my amazon credit to kick in from the OLED trade in so I can get myself the 2k model =/

AsfaeksBR

Amazing sale. FW, SSD, LBPV. It actually looks liek Sony knew I just bought a Vita and put a bunch of great games on Sale for me. Now I need Tearaway to go on sale, too!

I assume everyone has Flower but I'll still recommend it.

I don't, but I'll get it now!

RK128

Damn at those sales man :D! LBP Vita, SSD and Freedom Wars were all games I had my eye on for a long while (notably the LBP Vita). Getting them over the weekend when I get a 20$ PSN card :D!

Might also get the PSP Street Fighter game too; seems like a great deal :).

Khronico

Damn at those sales man :D! LBP Vita, SSD and Freedom Wars were all games I had my eye on for a long while (notably the LBP Vita). Getting them over the weekend when I get a 20$ PSN card :D!

Might also get the PSP Street Fighter game too; seems like a great deal :).

Do it, SFA3 on PSP is amazing. It's got so much content.

I need another 64 gig memory card.

;___;

I'm sweating just thinking about how I'm going to cram these extra games on my 16gb. Pretty soon I'll need to upgrade...

RK128

Do it, SFA3 on PSP is amazing. It's got so much content.

Will do so then :D. Got SSFIV: Arcade Edition through PS+ a long time ago but due to its massive file size (only got a 160GB PS3), I never played it :l. This should be a good way to get into the SF series then :D.

One tip for the blade mode parts of that fight... you don't have to cut all the rocks. You can just dash to the side and dodge it. You'll lose a bit of free dps if I remember correctly but it's better than dying :p

Thanks for the tip Zhao_Yun :D! Going to try this now and hope I beat the boss with little issue.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Question for SFA3 Max people: How do you map your buttons for six button fighters on handhelds? Do you keep heavys on the shoulders or do you move lights or mediums there?

Reset

Just wondering is it possible for me to play Soul Sacrifice Delta co-op using the same account?
Me using the Vita and my brother using the VitaTV? Or does he have to use a different account?

Chuy

Just wondering is it possible for me to play Soul Sacrifice Delta co-op using the same account?
Me using the Vita and my brother using the VitaTV? Or does he have to use a different account?
Yes i believe that's possible as long as both of you don't go online at the same time

I'm probably going to just wait for God Eater 2 since I'm sure it'll be localized.
I see I have done my job well in preaching the GE2 localization word. Now that's the spirit! Although you will be robbing yourself from a great game, if you watch anime (of course you do, Fate's Tohsaka avatar and all), in July there will be a God Eater show running made by Ufotable with the first game's plot.

Producer

Question for SFA3 Max people: How do you map your buttons for six button fighters on handhelds? Do you keep heavys on the shoulders or do you move lights or mediums there?

i keep heavy attacks there, since generally you'll be using those buttons the least.

God i hope SFV has Ingrid and Maki

Top Bottom