• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Nudull

Banned
*sees Ni no Kuni, PSASBR, Walking Dead PS4 and MK Vita on sale, not getting paid until next Friday*

...shit.

TOTP EDIT: Go buy Telltale's The Walking Dead if you haven't already!

SerTapTap

I don't touch my PS3 in months, but I'm still tempted to get a $10 PSN card and buy both Okami HD and Ni No Kuni.

Oh man this would have been my most shockingly disappointing $10 ever. I know people love both, I want to love both, but they're some of the most painful slow-starts I've experienced in gaming. Gave up on both a couple hours in. I think Okami gets better. I'm not sure about Ni No Kuni.

Tohsaka

I see I have done my job well in preaching the GE2 localization word. Now that's the spirit! Although you will be robbing yourself from a great game, if you watch anime (of course you do, Fate's Tohsaka avatar and all), in July there will be a God Eater show running made by Ufotable with the first game's plot.

Yeah, I'm planning on watching the anime. I'm sure Ufotable will do a good adaption.

I haven't played most of my purchases during the earlier Golden Week sale. Yet here am I, looking long and hard for that SSD + LBP (sorry Freedom Wars!) T_T
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I have SF alpha 3 max and I definitely recommend it. One of the most feature packed fighting game for the PSP. It has a small filesize too!

Shizuka

I haven't played most of my purchases during earlier Golden Week sale. Yet here am I, looking long and hard for that SSD + LBP (sorry Freedom Wars!) T_T

I wouldn't hold it against you, two titles of the same genre will make you choose which one you'll play first and which one goes straight to the backlog.

Arthos

I wouldn't hold it against you, two titles of the same genre will make you choose which one you'll play first and which one goes straight to the backlog.

All of them.

Decided to pick up Frozen Synapse, LBP, and KickBeat. Any opinions on Entwined? Would like to know if it's worth getting
to add to my backlog

grmlin

Was kicked out of war thunder, ps4 telling me, licenses can't be verified. Can't play any digital game anymore, because Sony.

I hate that, that digital future sucks sometimes.

ps: it's not the primary ps4, I know that this is the reason for it.

autoduelist

need thoughts on:

ssd and freedom wars -- i played ss (not delta) and freedom wars at launch and played both for 10-20 hours before getting distracted... at the time, the plan was to buy again when cheap (sold my physical). now they're cheap and i'm not sure. should i just drop the $10 and give both another shot?

splinter cell essentials psp -- any good? i see some reviews complaining about a needed 2nd analog. can vita fix that with remapping?

krinkle krusher?

yorbie?

peggle 2? (i enjoyed the original)

Tizoc

need thoughts on:

ssd and freedom wars -- i played ss (not delta) and freedom wars at launch and played both for 10-20 hours before getting distracted... at the time, the plan was to buy again when cheap (sold my physical). now they're cheap and i'm not sure. should i just drop the $10 and give both another shot?

splinter cell essentials psp -- any good? i see some reviews complaining about a needed 2nd analog. can vita fix that with remapping?

krinkle krusher?

yorbie?

Peggle 2 is good.
Pretty sure you can re-map controls to the right stick for PSP games.

autoduelist

Peggle 2 is good.
Pretty sure you can re-map controls to the right stick for PSP games.

oh, i know i can remap. i just don't know if it 'fixes' anything for this specific game.

----

Also... i wonder if the mega sales on pstvs are actually really good for the vita ecosystem. I mean, even cheap they're not that much of a loss, if any, for sony... and even at a loss they'll serve as loss leaders into the vita/psp/ps1 ecosystem. Certainly not the first time a console was sold at a loss, even if this might not have been intentional.

It would be kind of awesome (and hilarious) if the failure of the pstv actually turns out to help revive the vita (and then pstv) as people get them cheap and fall in love with the ecosystem.

Shengar

Thanatoceros hipcheck is fucking terrible just like any other hipcheck.
Okami is really good, Ni no Kuni is hot garbage
Ni No Kuni, full of potential but they botched it really badly. I want to meet the director and slapped him in the face for introducing All Command so late into the game.

Psn down for others? I read that lizard squad brought it down. I don't have cable and most of my games are digital. I'm locked out of everything including Hulu because I can't connect online. Sighhhhh

autoduelist

i really enjoyed Ni No Kuni. Like, loved it. Despite its issues (like handholding). Enjoyed the combat, didn't have the issues some others seem to... sure the AI wasn't brilliant but i worked within that, found strats that the existing ai helped with, and had a lot of fun with it. got the plat, even.

Massa

Psn down for others? I read that lizard squad brought it down. I don't have cable and most of my games are digital. I'm locked out of everything including Hulu because I can't connect online. Sighhhhh

You shouldn't be locked out of anything, is your PS4 not set as the primary system for your account?

omg_mjd

Great timing on the flash sale. Just bought Oreshika and had $30 left in my PSN wallet.

Bought:
Soul Sac Delta
Freedom Wars
Don't Starve

On the fence:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Nidhogg
Terraria

Anyone thinking of Frozen Synapse Prime should pick it up. I got it full price and have no regrets. It's a very good tactical strategy game on the Vita with a well written story for the single player campaign and an amazing soundtrack.

need thoughts on:

krinkle krusher?

yorbie?

It's decent, but it is fucking terribly short. Like insanely short. I think it's like 2 or 3 hours with no replay. I bought it years ago used from gamestop... Beat a couple hours after I got home...

Shizuka

I've bought more consoles after I lost my job than when I had one:

ih21FeY.jpg

How to cancel my subscription for PSN? An email shows its automatically renewing on 25th May and if I want to cancel I should do it in my account management. I dont really see an option there though...

Just you wait until the banned game arrives.
I wonder. Of course everyone is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you didn't touch the Vita until Operation Abyss came. I've had lots of folks come to me and tell me that I was right about Xenoblade being amazing on the n3DS so I'm not lying when I say the game is great and keeps you wanting to play more.

Christian

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm about to finish up my FFXIII platinum playthrough. I've been steadily chugging along for over a month, now. I'm in the mood for something with PIRATES. So I picked up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Rogue. Should I play Rogue first, seeing as how it's on the PS3, only, and it probably won't look or run as well? Or are the performance issues not as significant as the story continuity, and I should start with Black Flag? I'm obliged for any input.

yaffi

I'm going to delete everyone who doesn't buy SSD for $4.86 from my PSN friend list.

Not really, but still...

I'm not on your friend list, but I only had $4.84 in my PSN wallet.

That would make me mad if I hadn't already bought SSD a few months ago. Now I just bought FW and am going to sell my physical copy.

mcz117chief

Which of the PS+ games are worth getting ? Last three months I couldn't pick anything (this year I only picked up Prototype 2 so far) so I was hoping there would be something decent this month. So far I am thinking about Guacamelee and Unfinished Swan. Any other recommendations ?

wilflare

sorry for the delay everyone! school is still crazy. those who requested me to help them get the physical copies of various games, I have mailed them all out over the past few days - check your PM if you haven't!

and buy SSD and Freedom Wars!

Top Bottom