• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

e0fNRRs.jpg

Toren is in the vein of Journey or Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons in that the "puzzles" are not hard unless you are a total idiot and that it is about enjoying the visuals and story. The visuals are really unique and sometimes amazing. Look at these screenshots. The game is wonky and a technical mess. The were some meta puzzles of how to get through the game without it breaking and having to restart the checkpoints. Might be worth putting up with if you like these types of games.

xvSjQZN.jpg

22w4WFV.jpg

ml6BZV2.jpg

TOPR: Get Toren for $9 with the PS+ discount this week?

SerTapTap

Toren is in the vein of Journey or Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons in that the "puzzles" are not hard unless you are a total idiot and that it is about enjoying the visuals and story. The visuals are really unique and sometimes amazing. Look at these screenshots. The game is wonky and a technical mess. The were some meta puzzles of how to get through the game without it breaking and having to restart the checkpoints. Might be worth putting up with if you like these types of games.

Well that looks a thousand times more interesting than Brothers, but I couldn't get into that one so I'm not sure I should bite here.

Damn my copy of the Witcher came with so much stuff, I'm so used to opening an empty case for PS4 games. It came with a manual, a message from the devs, a compendium, a world map, a soundtrack and some stickers. This all came in a cover case. Adding on to that, because I pretty ordered at EB I also got a neat Witcher medallion key chain. I feel so pampered and I love it lmfao.

antibolo

Banned
Yup I remember him having a rough time because of games. When something that is supposed to be a distraction is destroying you, you are better off leaving it. That's how I left Destiny, even the new expansion won't get me to go back. I had fun, but damn if it wasn't screwing me up. When the time is right, if it's ever to happen, antibolo will go back to gaming. We hope not to lose you though (I see you on AnimeGAF, but don't leave VitaGAF!)

I thought that abandoning video games would be moderately easy, but it's messing me up more than I am willing to admit.

I'll keep visiting AnimeGAF, I need the distraction.

autoduelist

Why do you keep defending Sony's lack of two factor authentication. This is a serious issue that Sony needs to take care of ASAP. There is no excuse for not having two factor auth on such valuable accounts in 2015.

I'm not defending their lack of it and agree it's a good thing to have. My point has nothing to do with 2fa, but rather their servers overall security versus risk using your cc anywhere else. People worry about Sony security while using cards in far more dangerous ways without thinking twice. The biggest danger of using your card online is your entire pc being compromised or on unsecured sites. Thankfully cc fraud detection dis getting extremely good and is usually painless to the user. If you keep unique, complex passwords and a secure pc the threat of your Sony account being compromised is insignificant compared to other cc attack vectors, including offline ones few even think about.

Amazon uk already took care of that, kinda.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V374ROO/

As intended.
I thought that abandoning video games would be moderately easy, but it's messing me up more than I am willing to admit.

Hope you can sort it all out man. We are all friends here don't forget that

SerTapTap

:( Do what you need to do to feel better. I finally got that Chiaki fig assembled btw. Kinda. The stand doesn't go all the way in but it hasn't fallen apart yet...

Also

Looks like there's an "Extended Play" sale, season passes and "definitive versions" and shit like that.

I'm not gonna start a thread because I'm going out and can't update the OP, but it's on the web store now!

Benedict

PSN store continues to have big problems...

Extended Play sale seems to be something new this week.
Don't know what that is yet though... Only get unable to find this page atm.
My guess is a DLC-sale.

Also a Warframe sale.

SerTapTap

PSN store continues to have big problems...

Extended Play sale seems to be something new this week.
Don't know what that is yet though... Only get unable to find this page atm.
My guess is a DLC-sale.

Also a Warframe sale.

Yeah season pass and "ultimate edition"/all DLC bundle sale. The usual AAA suspects, and a few I was a bit surprised to see like Soundshapes (do recommend, lovely game and cool way to "play music") and Deadly Premonition. It loads for me at least on the webstore, US region. Also includes Peggle 2 but I can't tell if that's actually a sale price? Peggle 2 is pretty legit. It's...more peggle.

Shizuka

Does anyone have a website that needs a reviewer for Operation Abyss? I'm dying to play and write about that one, but my usual sources are already taken for that particular game.

Tizoc

Yeah season pass and "ultimate edition"/all DLC bundle sale. The usual AAA suspects, and a few I was a bit surprised to see like Soundshapes (do recommend, lovely game and cool way to "play music") and Deadly Premonition. It loads for me at least on the webstore, US region. Also includes Peggle 2 but I can't tell if that's actually a sale price? Peggle 2 is pretty legit. It's...more peggle.

Peggle 2 was in the recent flash sale doe.

RK128

Signed up for the PS Now subscription (PS3 and Vita owners can finally give it a shot without owning a PS4 :D! Here is the link if you are interested) and I tried out Sonic Generations and Sonic 4 Ep. II with the service.

Generations ran okay but the controls (mainly Classic Sonic) felt stiffer then the PS3 version. It looked beautiful on the Vita's OLED screen though and the game still plays great :D.

Ep. II ran better just from the fact it runs at 60FPS (making the controls a lot more smoother). The audio does clip out sometimes (which works ironically in Ep. II's favor, as the clipped out sound makes it sound like a Genesis game) but other then that, it works well.

Trying out Darksiders II right now and will report back on that after playing it for a bit. Looking forward to this one, considering I loved the original game and never got around to buying Darksiders II.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So hey, I need some SSD advice. I'm doing pretty well, I think. Just finished the first set of
Magusaur
quests, and unlocked online/pacts a bit before that, but I'm not quite sure I grasp the game "flow" yet. Like in Monster Hunter, there's a pretty well-defined "flow" to the game. Eat, quest, make new armor/weapons, repeat. But I'm not quite sure I get SSD's flow. I'm fusing offerings to make better ones, trying to keep my magic/life at roughly the same level, checking and equipping sigils (though I'm still not sure if there's any particular sigils I should be using at this point), and getting through quests without much of a problem. Actually I feel a bit overpowered because I'm clearing quests, in most cases, extremely fast
(I think the spear you get from Red Riding Hood might be a bit overpowered)
. Is there anything I should be focusing on that I'm possibly not seeing? I don't know, I just kinda feel like there's something important I'm not getting. Like I'm still not entirely sure how the rumor board works and if I should be bothering with it this early in the game, for instance. I guess I'm just looking for any kind of general advice.

SerTapTap

Sound Shapes for $4. Worth it?

Visuals are great, tunes are great, level creation tools are pretty cool but also pretty involved. Most of the community levels are pretty hard that I've seen. The main campaign is super chill and enjoyable, but the unlockable "death mode" is...well it's what you'd expect. Easily worth $4 for the main game though IMO. Some really cool visuals and music (including a world with visual design by Superbrothers and a world with music by Beck)

VLiberty

I'm trying my hardest to like Deus Ex HR but I can't. Reminder that I should never start games of genres I don't like again, now I'm sad because the story and the setting look so damn interesting but I just can't deal with the gameplay.

I've got to the first boss before ultimately deciding to drop it, but I was thinking about not going further since the very first mission... btw how far into the game is the first boss?

AsfaeksBR

Visuals are great, tunes are great, level creation tools are pretty cool but also pretty involved. Most of the community levels are pretty hard that I've seen. The main campaign is super chill and enjoyable, but the unlockable "death mode" is...well it's what you'd expect. Easily worth $4 for the main game though IMO. Some really cool visuals and music (including a world with visual design by Superbrothers and a world with music by Beck)

Great to hear. Just grabbed it. Thanks!

Massa

I'm trying my hardest to like Deus Ex HR but I can't. Reminder that I should never start games of genres I don't like again, now I'm sad because the story and the setting look so damn interesting but I just can't deal with the gameplay.

I've got to the first boss before ultimately deciding to drop it, but I was thinking about not going further since the very first mission... btw how far into the game is the first boss?

First boss is probably 20% into the game.

How are you trying to play it? You can stealth or shoot your way out of it.

Death mode is not really what you'd expect, it's terrible. The levels are randomly generated in such way that they're impossible to beat 90% of the time, it's not challenging just unfairly difficult.

It's a great game otherwise, but stay far away from death mode.

VLiberty

First boss is probably 20% into the game.

How are you trying to play it? You can stealth or shoot your way out of it.
That's probably my biggest problem with the game. RPGs and stealth games are both genres I don't like, but sometimes I'm able to get past the rpg elements and, in some games, I do even like them (Castlevanias, R&C). The stealth soul of the game is probably what is killing the game for me, I'm not good at stealth, but I feel definitely too underpowered to fight against enemies so most of the time I try my best to sneak through the levels.

20% is actually the best case scenario I was expecting, it means I'm quite far into the game...I might go on but that

Massa

That's probably my biggest problem with the game. RPGs and stealth games are both genres I don't like, but sometimes I'm able to get past the rpg elements and, in some games, I do even like them (Castlevanias, R&C). The stealth soul of the game is probably what is killing the game for me, I'm not good at stealth, but I feel definitely too underpowered to fight against enemies so most of the time I try my best to sneak through the levels.

20% is actually the best case scenario I was expecting, it means I'm quite far into the game...I might go on but that

You do get more powerful as you progress so you might enjoy it more. Maybe check a guide or FAQ for some tips, might also turn the difficulty down to make the game more enjoyable.

Just another instance of laziness to add to the list.

I don't think it's laziness but that they want you to visit the store, you're much more likely to buy things there.

I don't think it's laziness but that they want you to visit the store, you're much more likely to buy things there.

I think it's laziness. Half the time their lists include repeats or have obvious omissions, they're slow to post the store update on the blog and often run late into the night with it, important posts they do make don't always make it to the front page right away, and their formatting is junk.

If all those things are trying to push me to the store, they're both doing it wrong and it's not working.

bobawesome

I've put in an ungodly amount of time into Soul Sacrifice Delta after picking it up a few days ago. I played 16 hours of the original but it didn't grip me in quite the same way.

Have...I become baekshi?

Top Bottom