• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

SerTapTap

Ocatodad coming to Vita May 26th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/20/octodad-dadliest-catch-wriggles-onto-ps-vita-may-26th

Cross-Buy
No Cross-Save, but a new trophy list for Vita
Local co-op on one Vita(!)

I love these guys for stuff like this. Wasn't expecting the move support or local co op either, but both really add to the game. Guess I'll be playing octodad a third time. BTW, if you only played Octodad at launch, they added some extra puzzles and made some changes to some of the more annoying parts, so it might be worth a replay too. Also there were little "shorts" added for free this release should include.

Uh top of the page, buy Axiom Verge, Neptunia U and Octodad I guess.
Am I allowed to post three I'm indecisive

Benedict

Bought some PSP games
Daxter
Capcom puzzle world
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Syphon Filter dark mirror

Why are people here excited about Riviera? Looks really boring.

Too bad the Prinny games and No Heroes Allowed games never seem to go on sale...

SerTapTap

Bought some PSP games
Daxter
Capcom puzzle world

Too bad the Prinny games and No Heroes Allowed games never seem to go on sale...

NISA doesn't do many sales in general, those are good games though. All very hard but good. Maverick Hunter X is pretty good, I'm a bit iffy on 2.5D (in general) but it's a damn shame we didn't get more. MMHX is good, but it would have been amazing to get remakes of some of the games with moderate to major flaws (2,3, everything after 4)

RK128

Bought some PSP games
Daxter
Capcom puzzle world

I only got that during the last sale due to it being 2 bucks; not a bad deal for a JRPG I think :). I think people like it due to how its gameplay works (can only bring X amount of items into battle).

RK128

Played more games using PS Now and gave FFXIII a shot...was surprised that I didn't hate the game immediately :l. The visuals looked amazing, the combat system is really fun (like how while you still select commands like in other FF games, everyone always moves, making the battles more dynamic and alive) and the music is amazing (completely love the battle theme :')). I don't really like the story so far (but I like the first guy Lighting comes across; he is funny and is a great character :D). Lighting seems really bland and lifeless, but that was expected (the XIII series is famous for that).

I like the game so far, and I look forward to playing more of it :).

Tizoc

Bought some PSP games
Daxter
Capcom puzzle world

It was one of the earliest jRPGs I played on the GBA, had a nice combat and a neat soundtrack.

bobohoro

It's a nice little unique game with interesting mechanics and likeable characters. Too bad it moves along like molasses and therefore I'd have to say boring describes it pretty apt.

So VitaGAF, La Mulana EX for 10€? Yay or nay?

Producer

important story elements are translated backwards, the translator actually said he felt guilty for getting paid for doing such a terrible job, it's really bad, xseed completely retranslated it for the steam release and there's no way they would've put so many resources into that if the PSP translation was serviceable

dat hyperbole

VLiberty

You do get more powerful as you progress so you might enjoy it more. Maybe check a guide or FAQ for some tips, might also turn the difficulty down to make the game more enjoyable.

Yeah, I think that's the best thing I can do even though I usually don't feel good about this, but whatever, it's definitely better than raging in front of the game.

RK128

Got Misadventures of Trone Bone (always wanted to play this :D) and now I can finally give it a shot.

Still at the introduction segment of the game and I already love how it plays; mapping the triggers to the right stick and the shoulder buttons (L2/R2) to the Vita's triggers makes the game feel great to play on the Vita.

The game is oozing with charm too; the Servebots are charming and the characters have a ton of personality. I watched the full lets play of the game on Clements YouTube Channel and I can't wait to dive right into this one :D.

Hope this means Legends 1 and 2 are coming to PSN at some point in the future....

sharnaak

Well I'll try to post this here since I don't really know where it could fit... I need your help, since not even the playstation support managed to help me out...

I have my ps store account set on italian, and for some odd reason I can't change the language of the store itself to english.

While I was on a nostalgic trip the other week I bought FF9 on the classics list, the problem is that the download of the game is set automatically on the italian version, and I can't seem to find a way to download/play the english version.

Does anyone have any idea on what I could, if there's something to do, that is.

Well I'll try to post this here since I don't really know where it could fit... I need your help, since not even the playstation support managed to help me out...

I have my ps store account set on italian, and for some odd reason I can't change the language of the store itself to english.

While I was on a nostalgic trip the other week I bought FF9 on the classics list, the problem is that the download of the game is set automatically on the italian version, and I can't seem to find a way to download/play the english version.

Does anyone have any idea on what I could, if there's something to do, that is.
Sadly, that is not possible. 90% of the classics are the original localized versions from the region you bought them from. You need to make a US or UK account (make it US for 60Hz) and buy it again if you want it in english

Tizoc

Got Misadventures of Trone Bone (always wanted to play this :D) and now I can finally give it a shot.

Still at the introduction segment of the game and I already love how it plays; mapping the triggers to the right stick and the shoulder buttons (L2/R2) to the Vita's triggers makes the game feel great to play on the Vita.

The game is oozing with charm too; the Servebots are charming and the characters have a ton of personality. I watched the full lets play of the game on Clements YouTube Channel and I can't wait to dive right into this one :D.

Hope this means Legends 1 and 2 are coming to PSN at some point in the future....

Legends 1 and 2 ARE on
JP
PSN

sharnaak

Sadly, that is not possible. 90% of the classics are the original localized versions from the region you bought them from. You need to make a US or UK account (make it US for 60Hz) and buy it again if you want it in english

Ok, thanks a lot.
I guess I'll have to keep that in mind for my future purchases... What an odd choice on Sony part though.

CrovaxPSO

Okay, thanks for that. I'll have a look at them and then see if I need to get an American copy for my Vita or if it's fine sticking to a European copy.

Does the game only have one difficulty setting then?

There's no difficulty selection like Demon Gaze has, but the item that Parakeetman linked can be used to make it more difficult, and there's the battle gauge system as well. As you win battles a gauge fills up to a maximum of level 6, and enemies get harder as the gauge increases as well as appear more frequently. The quality of items you find increases as well. Running from a battle will lower the gauge by 1 level.

SerTapTap

Ok, thanks a lot.
I guess I'll have to keep that in mind for my future purchases... What an odd choice on Sony part though.

It's pretty standard unfortunately, a lot of online services assume anyone in (X region) must speak (predominate language in X region). In PSN's case it'd be a huuuuuuge help to be able to just switch which store you access on an account and own licences from any, even if they force you to fill each "wallet" separately. But yeah, if you're in the EU having a US account on PS3/PS4 is generally a very good idea for a variety of reasons. Digital's often cheaper and damn, 50 Hz PS1 games have to suck. We also get some games earlier.

I dunno if this is the best place to post this but I need help (Sorry for linking to my twitter. Its the easiest thng to upload pics too with my devices lol)

So I was going to hook my PS4 back up soon now that I finaly got room to hookup a tv...for now. (Long story) but I noticed that the bottom of my PS4 was really uneven.

Pic1: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/601091448776237057/photo/1

Pic2: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/601091676707258369/photo/1

I think it may have happened when I was moving it and accidentally dropped it on the (hard inside floor) ground. Since then I have played it via remote play and it worked fine but have not played it since moving again (lol) and since noticing it, so if it was caused by the drop then it still works but if it happened after (dunno how it would) then it may not work since I can't plug it up quite yet.

Is there any fixing it? I assume it was caused by the drop and so it still works but I can push down on it a little so it is loose which worries me. Plus it seems like the air vents kinda overlap now. Do I have anything to worry about if I just leave it? :/ I was finally going to get a new PS4 game after so long next month too. (I mean I still can but this still makes me worry about it suddenly stop working.)

PS: Hope the pictures were good enough.

SerTapTap

I dunno if this is the best place to post this but I need help (Sorry for linking to my twitter. Its the easiest thng to upload pics too with my devices lol)

Seems like the case is just physically loose, assuming the guts are all fine it's probably not a big deal, my biggest worry would be the disk drive, HDD and fans--if any of their mechanical parts were damaged they wouldn't function. If it actually turns on it's probably mostly intact. I'd try and press the two pieces down to see if they click back in together, but depending on how it separated it might not go back. I'd test the disk drive but if it seems to be working and all the moving parts move (fans, disks, HDD) it might be fine, just beat up. I'd check on the air flow if the vents are weird now though.

Seems like the case is just physically loose, assuming the guts are all fine it's probably not a big deal, my biggest worry would be the disk drive, HDD and fans--if any of their mechanical parts were damaged they wouldn't function. If it actually turns on it's probably mostly intact. I'd try and press the two pieces down to see if they click back in together, but depending on how it separated it might not go back. I'd test the disk drive but if it seems to be working and all the moving parts move (fans, disks, HDD) it might be fine, just beat up. I'd check on the air flow if the vents are weird now though.
Alright thanks.

Assuming it was the drop (don't really think its nothing else unless it just suddenly popped off) the disc drive and everything was working and I had my PS4 on for like 5 hours straight one time (not with a disc tho) so I assume the fans would be fine too.

Dunno if I'll try and press the pieces together since I fear that may damage it further. I think I'll just leave it as long as it keeps working.

SerTapTap

thats a strange reaction to requests from the community

"The community" can be a bit annoying. Always remember when requesting something it's entirely possible you're like the 5,000th person to request it. A lot of people forget that and/or are just dicks about it. It's not the requests so much as how they're worded (no x no buy really does irk me) along with the volume of them.

Alright thanks.

Assuming it was the drop (don't really think its nothing else unless it just suddenly popped off) the disc drive and everything was working and I had my PS4 on for like 5 hours straight one time (not with a disc tho) so I assume the fans would be fine too.

Dunno if I'll try and press the pieces together since I fear that may damage it further. I think I'll just leave it as long as it keeps working.

If it went up it should go down, just don't apply excessive pressure. If it's working fine and isn't making new noises there's probably not much reason to mess with it other than looks though.

Man as someone that isn't a fan of western RPGs or open world games, the Witcher is quite fantastic. I love how I can't even call what I have been doing "side quests" simply because they all have stories to them with their own characters and events. It isn't just "go there fetch some stones and come back", no for example, I had a quest to find this guy's brother in a battlefield, there had been a war and there were tons of bodies there. We both went there, and what we ended up finding was him and a soldier from the opposing side helping each other with their wounds. The quest giver, after I reminded him that even though the other guy was an enemy he had helped his brother, took him in and gave him a job at his stables away from public eye so he wouldn't be killed by anyone. I'm really liking what they did with the game, it's very impressive. Also, the fact that Geralt's beard grows over time is awesome lol. A good reminder of how long you have been playing ahaha.

SerTapTap

Man as someone that isn't a fan of western RPGs or open world games, the Witcher is quite fantastic. I love how I can't even call what I have been doing "side quests" simply because they all have stories to them with their own characters and events. It isn't just "go there fetch some stones and come back", no for example, I had a quest to find this guy's brother in a battlefield, there had been a war and there were tons of bodies there. We both went there, and what we ended up finding was him and a soldier from the opposing side helping each other with their wounds. The quest giver, after I reminded him that even though the other guy was an enemy he had helped his brother, took him in and gave him a job at his stables away from public eye so he wouldn't be killed by anyone. I'm really liking what they did with the game, it's very impressive. Also, the fact that Geralt's beard grows over time is awesome lol. A good reminder of how long you have been playing ahaha.

If you haven't played Morrowind you should, one of my favorite things is how alive the world and a lot of the quests are. There is a LOT of reading necessary though, no quest markers and little of the dialog is voiced.

autoduelist

VitaGAF. The movie has sold me on Mad Max. That was fucking incredible, just came out of the theatre

I went in as a huge mad max fan who has seen them all countless times. Its so good. Set design, car design, enemy design, plot, action sequences, stunt direction, art direction.... It's pitch perfect fantasy apocalyptic design where everything just felt right. Going to go see it again asap

If you haven't played Morrowind you should, one of my favorite things is how alive the world and a lot of the quests are. There is a LOT of reading necessary though, no quest markers and little of the dialog is voiced.
I played it back in the day, but I don't think I made it too far... Again, I've never been much of a fan of western RPGs, this one so far has got its hooks on me though. A lot of great design choices.
I went in as a huge mad max fan who has seen them all countless times. Its so good. Set design, car design, enemy design, plot, action sequences, stunt direction, art direction.... It's pitch perfect fantasy apocalyptic design where everything just felt right. Going to go see it again asap
I love how I felt like I was watching one of his movies from the 70s through the lens of a 2015 camera. The way it was filmed, the character close ups, panning shots, the choice of not using CGI for the set pieces, even the "70s fast forward effect" that Miller used in his movies during action scenes was there in its whole glory. Movie of the Year right here, and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands in the game and "fuck shit up" lol!

Etria

Dont think it has a difficulty setting at least I dont remember any. All the item did was like raise all enemy levels by 5. I didnt look to see if its in the US version too. Yeah the US version does have the items too.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/operation-abyss-first-dlc-announced

There's no difficulty selection like Demon Gaze has, but the item that Parakeetman linked can be used to make it more difficult, and there's the battle gauge system as well. As you win battles a gauge fills up to a maximum of level 6, and enemies get harder as the gauge increases as well as appear more frequently. The quality of items you find increases as well. Running from a battle will lower the gauge by 1 level.

Thanks to the both of you! Sounds good. I may have to track down an American copy then in order to get the item that increases difficulty.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best places to buy NA versions of Vita games? I know about Play-Asia and Amazon.

Thanks to the both of you! Sounds good. I may have to track down an American copy then in order to get the item that increases difficulty.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best places to buy NA versions of Vita games? I know about Play-Asia and Amazon.
videogamesplus.ca are the best

Shizuka

I've heard/read that the Brazilian post system is quite disorganised and that they regularly mess up delivery. True or not?

In this case, it's because of their customer service claiming there wasn't a problem with Paypal payment when there was one (I've checked it along with other people) and using the DHL shipping where the package goes to Germany first, and only when it gets there, they ship the package through the German post office.

Etria

In this case, it's because of their customer service claiming there wasn't a problem with Paypal payment when there was one (I've checked it along with other people) and using the DHL shipping where the package goes to Germany first, and only when it gets there, they ship the package through the German post office.

Oh, I see. Personally, I've never had to contact customer service because of a payment problem since I tend to use my debit card. But I do remember choosing the cheapest delivery option and having the package arrive with stamps from Germany or some other place in Europe, which is interesting since they're based in Canada.

AsfaeksBR

I've heard/read that the Brazilian post system is quite disorganised and that they regularly mess up delivery. True or not?

True. Bought a Vita last week, shipped from São Paulo. Instead of shipping it to my adress (400km south of São Paulo, Curitiba), they sent it to Acre, about 2500km North of São Paulo.
Still haven't received it...

Etria

True. Bought a Vita last week, shipped from São Paulo. Instead of shipping it to my adress (400km south of São Paulo, Curitiba), they sent it to Acre, about 2500km North of São Paulo.

Sad to hear that :(
Hope your Vita gets here soon with no further problems so you can start playing :D

Shizuka

giphy.gif

wilflare

heading off to Taiwan for a week! hopefully I'll catch up on the backlog and get some rest!

and I'm finally done with college/university! - Thanks VitaGAF! you've been a special community the past few years :D

Shizuka

heading off to Taiwan for a week! hopefully I'll catch up on the backlog and get some rest!

and I'm finally done with college/university! - Thanks VitaGAF! you've been a special community the past few years :D

Congratulations, wil! Take your well-deserved break now.

Top Bottom