• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

So guys, I have $50 to spend, and I want your opinions on what to get. So far, here's the list I've come up with.

Buy

Sorcery Saga ($6)
Gurumin ($2.50)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP ($9)
Demon Gaze ($12)

Probably Buy

Catherine ($5)
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit ($7.50)
Resonance of Fate ($8)
Symphonia Chronicles ($9)

Maybe Buy

Suikoden 2 ($4, never played the 1st one)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny ($7.50)
Firefly Diary ($9)
Citizens of Earth ($9)
Chaos Code ($3)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll ($8)
The Guided Fate Paradox ($5)
Mamorukun Curse ($2.50)
Pier Solar ($6)

From the maybe list I would recommend Suikoden 2 and Firefly Diary. Suikoden 2 is great price and consistently ranked as one of the best JRPGs of all time, and Firefly Diary oozes charm and has beautiful artwork.

Ventara

That's a good list. From the "maybe" list, I'd get TGFP and Mamoru-kun.

Move Suikoden II into the "Buy" section and get 1 as well. For the others I expect opinions to be very split for a lot of the titles so just get whatever looks best to you. :) The Buy section looks good even though I think Sorcery Saga is very shallow and boring. I personally bought Guided Fate Paradox and Mamorukun Curse because they seem pretty cheap for what they're offering. I wanted to get Rune Factory as well but it seems like the worst of all of them, so I'll just wait for a sale on RF4 on 3DS instead.

From the maybe list I would recommend Suikoden 2 and Firefly Diary. Suikoden 2 is great price and consistently ranked as one of the best JRPGs of all time, and Firefly Diary oozes charm and has beautiful artwork.

I was thinking of TGFP, as I somewhat enjoyed it's spiritual predecessor ZHP, but I'm not too sure if I'll like playing it on the PS3, which I don't have as much time playing on. I feel a game like this is much better on a portable, like Disgaea.

Regarding Suikoden, I'm hesitating because I'm not the type of player who goes back and plays retro games. But I don't know, maybe I'll enjoy it.

I feel like Firefly Diary can go cheaper.

AsfaeksBR

Maybe Buy[/B]

Firefly Diary ($9)
Citizens of Earth ($9)
Chaos Code ($3)
Mamorukun Curse ($2.50)
Pier Solar ($6)

Stay away from CItizens of Earth. Far, far away.

I was thinking of TGFP, as I somewhat enjoyed it's spiritual predecessor ZHP, but I'm not too sure if I'll like playing it on the PS3, which I don't have as much time playing on. I feel a game like this is much better on a portable, like Disgaea.

Regarding Suikoden, I'm hesitating because I'm not the type of player who goes back and plays retro games. But I don't know, maybe I'll enjoy it.

I feel like Firefly Diary can go cheaper.

Buy Catherine.

yaffi

So I decided to just get Fate Paradox and Mugen Souls Z. Gurumin I'll probably buy during some Steam sale and the other games I considered are still too expensive.

Vylash

So guys, I have $50 to spend, and I want your opinions on what to get. So far, here's the list I've come up with.

Buy

Sorcery Saga ($6)
Gurumin ($2.50)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP ($9)
Demon Gaze ($12)

Probably Buy

Catherine ($5)
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit ($7.50)
Resonance of Fate ($8)

Maybe Buy

Firefly Diary ($9)
Citizens of Earth ($9)
Chaos Code ($3)
Mamorukun Curse ($2.50)
Pier Solar ($6)

absolutely get Tides of Destiny, set Symphonia Chronicles on fire

Ventara

Man, I think I might have to buy another 64GB card. Transferring to my computer is becoming a pain.

Buy Catherine.

Yeah, will most likely get this. I've been waiting for this to get on PS+ ever since it went on the EU PS+.

absolutely get Tides of Destiny, set Symphonia Chronicles on fire

Tides of Destiny is bad! Avoid! Go get 3/4 instead.

thisisneogaf.gif

I actually have the Wii version, which is why I'm hesitating on it, I guess I'll just give that a go. Already have 3 and 4 (and 1 and 2), which I loved.

Is Symphonia Chronicles bad? I thought it was supposed to be good?

autoduelist

I already have it, but on my PSP account, not my Vita. I was thinking of buying all PSP DRPGs again on my Vita, but I'll just wait on Elminage Original and get both Class of Heroes.

Yeah, I've re-bought a lot too. Never ending! I should have known creating a psp specific account was a terrible idea.

Tizoc

Eh I'll settle for the 3 Battlefront games I got thanks.

Anyone bought Broken Age, after all?
Is Act 2 as bad as I've read?

What if...you end up liking the 2nd act?

Probably Buy

Catherine ($5)
Resonance of Fate ($8)

Maybe Buy

Citizens of Earth ($9)
Chaos Code ($3)
Mamorukun Curse ($2.50)
Pier Solar ($6)

There ya go, do get Trinity though if you want an Action RPG game with a cool cast of characters and nice combat system.

Benedict

My Vita is getting pretty dirty and I am wondering how you all are cleaning it, keeping it clean?
Not talking so much about the screen but more the buttons, d-pad etcetera.

Ummm, don't eat cheetos or doritoes before playing? Honestly, never been a problem and I've never washed my Vita.
How about you stop being a dick? I'm someone who almost obsessively washes his hands before touching my consoles, but there's still some residue on the buttons that you can't prevent.

My cleaning kit usually consists of some mild cleaning fluid (I use glass/surface cleaner), q-tips, toothpicks and paper towels. Never apply the fluid to the console directly just use very small amounts on the towels or q-tips and use the toothpicks (carefully) to get in the small grooves. I do that every few months and it looks as good as new.

wilflare

My Vita is getting pretty dirty and I am wondering how you all are cleaning it, keeping it clean?
Not talking so much about the screen but more the buttons, d-pad etcetera.

I usually keep a microfibre cloth handy.
I give the Vita wipe down, screen, dpad, buttons when I'm done with it for the day

Adeptrain

How about you stop being a dick? I'm someone who almost obsessively washes his hands before touching my consoles, but there's still some residue on the buttons that you can't prevent.

My cleaning kit usually consists of some mild cleaning fluid (I use glass/surface cleaner), q-tips, toothpicks and paper towels. Never apply the fluid to the console directly just use very small amounts on the towels or q-tips and use the toothpicks (carefully) to get in the small grooves. I do that every few months and it looks as good as new.

I was just joking. Sorry if that didn't come across in my post.

How about you stop being a dick?
Cut the Junior some slack, don't get him banned :p

Any soft cloth will do it. If you wear glasses, give the cloth a spray of the cleaning solution, and wipe that screen away. That's what I do.

I see the game (Stranger of Sword City), on my local game store shelves all the time
I think the chances of this coming over are pretty high. This should be the next DRPG we hear about if NISA keeps up the schedule they have been having as of late with their announcements.

Ephidel

Hmm, guyz, srlsy guyz... why is there a plane on the cover of Stranger of Sword City ? (' O_O)
I don't know if it's a spoiler so I'll tag it for safety I guess:
Sword City's "Strangers" aren't native to the world. They come from a world like ours and only end up there after the plane they're on crashes

Benedict

I'm mostly speaking about the small edges and grooves YianGaruga mentions. dust and other things tend to end up there. Especially considering the design of the D-pad and speakers.
I'm thinking of using Q-tips and plastic tootpicks.

Yeah q-tips work best. Again, you can spray them with glass surface cleaner, or like I mentioned before if you wear glasses, use that spray since it is gentler and doesn't smell as much like chemicals lol. If you have harder residue in those tricky areas, you could always use a toothpick to get the dirt off, then wipe with the q-tip

Take it up with a mod, in all honesty though, Vita never gets stuff announced for it during major events.

The Vita's too good for such events, we mainly get Vita announcements outside such events.

If I complain to a mod I'll probably get banned. Doesn't matter what is announced or isn't, give a valid reason for locking a thread or leave it open. It makes moderation look random and doesn't help anyone in learning how to make better threads.

wilflare

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's more about a general lock-down on groundless low effort speculation and hype threads than some alleged anti-vita bias tbf

I think it's more about a general lock-down on groundless low effort speculation and hype threads than some alleged anti-vita bias tbf

Yeah that's probably true. I don't mind the thread being locked, I think locking it without giving a reason and trying to be funny anonymously with ModBot is stupid.

That sure doesn't stop other threads that are much more futile from being opened. One quick look at the gaming section will tell you that much ^ When a Vita thread is posted however, relevant or not, it just ends up getting closed ASAP. This is the only place where you can talk about the Vita, and it's under a thread with the whole ecosystem in mind, rather than the console itself. Or else it would probably get locked up too.

I think most of the bias here is tongue in cheek anyway. The Vita is a zombie console that survives largely on Japanese lust like some kind of pocket sized succubus, I mean, you gotta be realistic and take the derision is stride

Shizuka

I think most of the bias here is tongue in cheek anyway. The Vita is a zombie console that survives largely on Japanese lust like some kind of pocket sized succubus, I mean, you gotta be realistic and take the derision is stride

How could you describe my Vita so perfectly?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Start with Hotline Miami 1. IIRC, it was already on Plus.
Gameplay wise, little difference. But story and "setting"-wise, the first one is superior.
Yes, it is Cross-Buy, and everyone says that the Vita is the superior version across all platforms.

HM controls really well on Vita and the game really doesn't gain a lot from a big screen. Definitely use headphones though, the music is a huge part of the experience. Haven't played HM2 so I can't say anything about it but HM is pretty close to a perfect game imo.

Hotline Miami 2 continues exactly where HM1 leaves off, difficulty wise.

And yep, it is cross save. Play it with headphones.

Thanks guys. Had the first game as part of PS+ and had just never downloaded it. Just finished it in one sitting (well I just got past the credits anyway..) And it was hugely enjoyable. The music was fantastic so thanks for recommending headphones.

My only tiny niggle was the lock on mechanic on vita requiring touch, likewise for dragging the screen to look around. I'd have liked a button option (don't know how PS4 does it but I might check)

Looking through the Golden Week sale for Vita games.

I've never played Metal Gear Solid 3. Should I purchase the Vita HD edition for $7.99?

I'm also looking for a game with deep, challenging and yet rewarding mechanics. Someone had recommended Natural Doctrine, which is for sale ($20), should I go there or look at another game?

SerTapTap

Is there like a text-only guide to the FFXV demo? I seem to be missing a bunch of stuff, including
ramuh
which I wanted to do before going back to the Behemoth (I tried fighting it again and it was just 10 minutes of me holding the attack button and dodging...kill me before I do that again). I can only find video stuff and boilerplate pages with no actual information.

Speaking of FF, did SE ever respond to the motion blur complaints about Type 0 HD? I Was waiting to play it until they fixed that but it seems like they might not at this point. I don't think I've ever gotten a real headache from motion blur like that.

RK128

Hay guys, got another game recently; Metal Gear Rising :D. Not from this golden week sale (I think the game is on sale? Not sure...) but from a store called 5 Bellow; it is more or less a dollar store with nothing being sold over 5 bucks...and they sell video games.

I've known they sold games for a long while, but I only thought it was shovelware Wii games and such...but nope, saw a number of games that look good :D. They had a lot of copies of MGR on PS3, and two 3DS games with many copies (the Ubisoft Tetris game and one of the 3DS Adventure Time tittles). They also sold Ailens CM....but that isn't even worth a buck X(.

Anyway, after playing through the first two levels....I love this game :'). The combat is just awesome, the games performance is fantastic (very stable 60FPS....impressive I think :D), the controls are great and the music is just.....Rules of Nature man XD!

Glad I found this at such a great price and it is awesome to finally play this classic :).

Top Bottom