• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Etria

heading off to Taiwan for a week! hopefully I'll catch up on the backlog and get some rest!

and I'm finally done with college/university! - Thanks VitaGAF! you've been a special community the past few years :D

Congrats for finishing uni! And thanks for your help ;)

maouvin

True. Bought a Vita last week, shipped from São Paulo. Instead of shipping it to my adress (400km south of São Paulo, Curitiba), they sent it to Acre, about 2500km North of São Paulo.
Still haven't received it...

This weekend, chap. This weekend.
Who knows where it'll be this weekend.
;)

and I'm finally done with college/university! - Thanks VitaGAF! you've been a special community the past few years :D

Awesome! Congrats wil! :D

heading off to Taiwan for a week! hopefully I'll catch up on the backlog and get some rest!

Good stuff man, congratulations hope it paid off! Now bear with me for the next 2 year until I finish over here too... Sigh.

Zhao_Yun

Congratulations wil! Have fun in Taiwan!
I had my final oral examination today, so I am nearly finished as well but I still have one small assignment left! D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've made Sunday's my official play Demon Gaze day. It seems like it might be on the short side so I bet I have it done before summer really gets rolling.

RK128

Congrats man :D! It must feel great knowing your hard work at college finally paid off with degrees :).

Still have another 3 years on my end (working toward a B.A., Masters Degree and Teachers Certification)...

omg_mjd

Congrats man! Good luck with the backlog now that you got some free time. Drop me a line if you're ever in Manila.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I've made Sunday's my official play Demon Gaze day. It seems like it might be on the short side so I bet I have it done before summer really gets rolling.

you should be able to blow through the game no issue even more so if you dont bother with trying to go after trophies

Parakeetman

Thanks to the both of you! Sounds good. I may have to track down an American copy then in order to get the item that increases difficulty.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best places to buy NA versions of Vita games? I know about Play-Asia and Amazon.

The real reason to increase enemy levels is better exp money and loot rank.

Sorry cant help you out bout US retailers that ship overseas. You could try asking NISA if they will ship overseas thats if you are not in Europe that is.

Etria

The real reason to increase enemy levels is better exp money and loot rank.

Sorry cant help you out bout US retailers that ship overseas. You could try asking NISA if they will ship overseas thats if you are not in Europe that is.

NISA has changed their shipping policy so that they don't include any of the countries in PAL land now, including those outside of Europe like NZ :( I guess if I asked they would just redirect me to their European store.
Sad because my PSN account is an NA one, so I have to find another place to order it from. Probably VG+.

VitaGAF brothers, two weeks ago, I got a 16gb card for the Vita, and have been using that and the 8gb one. But today found a great deal in my country for a used 32gb one, so I have a question for you, and I think that as always you will be very helpful.

What's the best way to transfer using the cable? through PS3 or with the PC ? I used the PS3 for the change to 16gb, but it took way too much. Is it better when using the PC for it?

Shizuka

VitaGAF brothers, two weeks ago, I got a 16gb card for the Vita, and have been using that and the 8gb one. But today found a great deal in my country for a used 32gb one, so I have a question for you, and I think that as always you will be very helpful.

What's the best way to transfer using the cable? through PS3 or with the PC ? I used the PS3 for the change to 16gb, but it took way too much. Is it better when using the PC for it?

I think a PC might be faster, but I've used my PS3 more often in the past.

Parakeetman

NISA has changed their shipping policy so that they don't include any of the countries in PAL land now, including those outside of Europe like NZ :( I guess if I asked they would just redirect me to their European store.
Sad because my PSN account is an NA one, so I have to find another place to order it from. Probably VG+.

Thats a damned shame esp considering i keep hearing the EU NIS fans are not happy with the prices.

Etria

Thats a damned shame esp considering i keep hearing the EU NIS fans are not happy with the prices.

Yeah, it comes up almost every time a NIS game is announced for localisation :/
Fans in PAL countries can't help but notice the staggeringly large disparity between the prices on the US v EU NISA stores, because regardless of what they think, it is definitely not a simple 1:1 price exchange.

Use your PC. Also, if you're willing to redo your settings the individual game backup (where you check them all manually) is quicker and less likely to hang or mess up than the full backup.

Just got my $40 PSTV. I know everyone is playing DRPGs right now, and I need to clear out my backlog, so I'll go with the PSTV compatible Mind Zero.

Time to see if it's as trash as people say or if Shizuka is the lone tower of righteousness in a field of hate.

Tohsaka

Just got my $40 PSTV. I know everyone is playing DRPGs right now, and I need to clear out my backlog, so I'll go with the PSTV compatible Mind Zero.

Time to see if it's as trash as people say or if Shizuka is the lone tower of righteousness in a field of hate.

I don't think it's as bad as some people say it is. There are better DRPGs on Vita, though.

"The community" can be a bit annoying. Always remember when requesting something it's entirely possible you're like the 5,000th person to request it. A lot of people forget that and/or are just dicks about it. It's not the requests so much as how they're worded (no x no buy really does irk me) along with the volume of them.
Well, a single person requesting something does nothing. The more people do, the more the message gets heard, hopefully. There are passionate people that actually won't buy your games if they don't come with a dub or physical, so you can either listen to them or ignore that part of your fanbase.

If it annoys you as a community manager and you can't ignore the more dickish requests have to resort to tweets like that, you probably should have a different job.

Yeah great job trolling your fans.

Sondar

Congrats! :)

Huge, huge thanks for getting these two for me.

MLB15andSOALOSTSONG_zpsytfecyxi.jpg

SerTapTap

In this case, it's because of their customer service claiming there wasn't a problem with Paypal payment when there was one (I've checked it along with other people) and using the DHL shipping where the package goes to Germany first, and only when it gets there, they ship the package through the German post office.

I'm so glad I love in 'Merica where importing is quite easy and pain-free. If customs even inspects my stuff I've never had a problem with 'em. With how important gaming is to me I legit think I would have to move if I were somewhere this were a big problem (if I were still so lucky as to have that option that is)

Congrats! Enjoy your break

Cable + PC is the fastest but still rather slow. You're more limited by the Vita than the PC or PS3 I'm pretty sure. Unless you have crazy amounts of games and move stuff around constantly, a 32 GB card plus 16 + 8 GB as backups should be able to hold most of what you're actually playing if you can be prudent and delete stuff you really won't be playing. I just make sure to copy stuff to PC before I delete it in case I need to copy it back over, and 90% of the time I really don't.

I'll warn you that once you get your 32GB you're probably not going to be able to stand messing with the smaller ones. Maybe put a bunch of games you'll never move on those like PS1 games or something. I have a 32GB in the Vita and 16 GB in the PS TV and an 8Gb just sitting around unused (I might have stuck it in the unused OLED). I've actually considered just swapping cards between the PS TV and Vita since downloading games/DLC twice and moving saves is getting to be more annoying than just moving the card. Also hilariously enough putting a memory card into the PS TV is easier than a game cart. I hate that "door"

deadfolk

I have €20 burning a hole in my PSN account, and I can't decide on what to get.

Things I have my eye on:

NHL 15 (PS4) Haven't played a hockey game since the Mega Drive/Genesis days, and the demo seemed fun. It's on sale for ~€22 atm.

MLB 15 The Show (Vita) Haven't played a baseball game since the C64 days, and this seems to have good reviews.

Grim Fandango: 'nuff said

Oreshika: Ditto

Anyone have experience with either of the sporty games I mentioned? I like the sound of the mode in MLB that lets you play as a single player and go through his career, RPG-like. Does NHL have anything similar?

Is there something else I should be looking at in this range? Brandish appeals, but I have more DRPGS in my backlog than you can wave a staff at.

Is there something else I should be looking at in this range? Brandish appeals, but I have more DRPGS in my backlog than you can wave a staff at.

Because you mentioned it I'll say Brandish. I really wouldn't call it a DRPG, at least not what I think of when I hear the term. It's a methodical, tile based action-RPG dungeon crawler. And it's fantastic. Oreshika isn't for everyone, just a word of warning.

Prelude.

I'll never forgive XSEED if they decided to do Lord of Magna but later decides to skip Luminous Arc Infinity.

Of course I will, but don't do that to us, XSEED.
I've only heard bad things about Magna from importers/japanese gaffers so, yeah, don't do this to us XSEED, pls.

NHL 15 (PS4) Haven't played a hockey game since the Mega Drive/Genesis days, and the demo seemed fun. It's on sale for ~€22 atm.

MLB 15 The Show (Vita) Haven't played a baseball game since the C64 days, and this seems to have good reviews.

NHL Arcade on PS3 is awesome if you just want something dumb to play with people.

I played a lot of an earlier version of The Show on Vita and it was a lot of fun. Yeah played where you did the career and it can just skip ahead to your at bats and when you need to field. Game played and looked OK on Vita.

Haven't played Grim Fandango in over a decade but it is hard and has 90's nonsensical puzzle logic. Maybe best played with a walkthrough?

Virtua Tennis is a lot of fun on Vita if you are into sports games in general. Fun career mode.

SerTapTap

I still need to get through Grim Fandango, definitely recommend a walkthrough. I even tried just taking the tiniest hint of one and immediately got stuck afterward. Kind of tempted to just straight up read exactly what to do instead of waiting to get stuck.

I wouldn't even mind the controls at all if there weren't so much "oops guess this isn't where I need to be after all"

Phototropic

Neo Member
I have €20 burning a hole in my PSN account, and I can't decide on what to get.

Things I have my eye on:

Oreshika: Ditto

Anyone have experience with either of the sporty games I mentioned? I like the sound of the mode in MLB that lets you play as a single player and go through his career, RPG-like. Does NHL have anything similar?

I skipped NHL this year because they removed a lot of the modes and features from previous games, but MLB the Show is fantastic, especially the Be a Pro mode. It has always been deeper than NHL's version, and I believe in the most recent version of NHL you can't simulate the other line shifts when you would be on the bench.

I think a PC might be faster, but I've used my PS3 more often in the past.

Use your PC. Also, if you're willing to redo your settings the individual game backup (where you check them all manually) is quicker and less likely to hang or mess up than the full backup.

Cable + PC is the fastest but still rather slow. You're more limited by the Vita than the PC or PS3 I'm pretty sure. Unless you have crazy amounts of games and move stuff around constantly, a 32 GB card plus 16 + 8 GB as backups should be able to hold most of what you're actually playing if you can be prudent and delete stuff you really won't be playing. I just make sure to copy stuff to PC before I delete it in case I need to copy it back over, and 90% of the time I really don't.

I'll warn you that once you get your 32GB you're probably not going to be able to stand messing with the smaller ones. Maybe put a bunch of games you'll never move on those like PS1 games or something. I have a 32GB in the Vita and 16 GB in the PS TV and an 8Gb just sitting around unused (I might have stuck it in the unused OLED). I've actually considered just swapping cards between the PS TV and Vita since downloading games/DLC twice and moving saves is getting to be more annoying than just moving the card. Also hilariously enough putting a memory card into the PS TV is easier than a game cart. I hate that "door"

Thanks for the advice ! I'll use the PC this time.

I think I'll stay with the 32gb + the 8gb just in case. I'm getting the 32gb card + a 4gb card, and a case for the price of a 16gb card lol In any case, I have like 42gb of Vita content according to the PSDLE thing posted on reddit, so I think I'll be pretty much okay with what I'll have for a time.

Tizoc

I'll never forgive XSEED if they decided to do Lord of Magna but later decides to skip Luminous Arc Infinity.

Of course I will, but don't do that to us, XSEED.

XSEED are satisfying my PC Falcom needs. I chortle at you, madam/sir.

Tapejara

NHL Arcade on PS3 is awesome if you just want something dumb to play with people.

I played a lot of an earlier version of The Show on Vita and it was a lot of fun. Yeah played where you did the career and it can just skip ahead to your at bats and when you need to field. Game played and looked OK on Vita.

Haven't played Grim Fandango in over a decade but it is hard and has 90's nonsensical puzzle logic. Maybe best played with a walkthrough?

Virtua Tennis is a lot of fun on Vita if you are into sports games in general. Fun career mode.

Wasn't NHL Arcade delisted?

Edit: NVM I'm crazy.

Tizoc

OK so retail game buying checklist

June-
Get Oreshika from wilflare
Pre-order DMC4 SE off Play-asia (anyone know where tog et PS4 ver. cheaper?)

July
pre-order Taiko and question why I dropped 70+ Obamas on a rhythm game when I suck arse in them
Pre-order lost dimension

Gonna try and pre-order the DR AE LE when I get home, hope my brother's around so he can help me sort out this Paypal address thing =_=
Doesn't help that NISA's site is slowish.

Top Bottom