• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Prelude.

Oh wow, didn't know about it.
As a new Vita owner playing Through Uncharted, it's going from 100 to 0% in about 4,5 hours (model 1101). How much time does it take to deplete the battery playing a PS1 Classic?
I remember playing Tomba 2 for more than 6 hours on a single charge, it's the 2k model though.

Chipotle

Hey all, just got a PS4. What's cheap and a must have? Currently got GTA, Witcher, Peggle 2 and PvZ Garden Warfare.

If anyone wants to add me I'm coriandurr (can't get on the spreadsheet on my phone)

omg_mjd

Yeah get both if you can. Wait I just read that it wasnt released in the West? 2 that is... D:

Yup no Ridge Racers for me unfortunately. But the first one should be a treat.

Edit: I watched the videos you linked--yeah I need RR PSP in my life. Ridge Racer is like the Ying to the Yang that is Gran Turismo. Can't live with just one.

Are they just single races or are there any type of events or anything?

Just single races. It's an odd design choice for sure. Perhaps you're meant to measure your progress via the cars you amass (and the game keeps track of the highest AI level you've beaten so far). The closest the game has to a traditional "career" mode is the driving challenges which are similar to the license tests of the console games and progress in difficulty as you go along.

And I forgot to mention but there's a drift trial mode as well which I haven't tried yet. But yeah no events!

deadfolk

Just single races. It's an odd design choice for sure. Perhaps you're meant to measure your progress via the cars you amass (and the game keeps track of the highest AI level you've beaten so far). The closest the game has to a traditional "career" mode is the driving challenges which are similar to the license tests of the console games and progress in difficulty as you go along.

And I forgot to mention but there's a drift trial mode as well which I haven't tried yet. But yeah no events!

Thanks. Reckon I'll give that a miss then.

autoduelist

yeah i'm seriously considering just using 2 long range weapons even though that's not nearly as fun

All i wanted to do in FW when i first got it was saw off parts. Does that become impossible in late game? Eh, i bought it again either way so I suppose i'll find out.

So I deleted NFS Most Wanted without regret. I still think it's a good game but I already played enough of it and unlocked enough of the content to get my money's worth. The open world with its day/night cycle and cops never gets old but I just don't want to deal with the framerate dips anymore.

I am so glad framerate doesn't really bother me. I had such an absolute blast with NFSMW on vita, getting to re-plat it again after doing so on ps3 at launch. I noticed the lack of traffic (arguably a nice thing in some ways) and somewhat pixelated oncoming headlights, but other than that i had no complaints (and those aren't really complaints).

If only games like this, KZ, Uncharted and such sold really well, and the vita was the hit it should/could have been.

VLiberty

It seems like lowering the difficulty worked, I've been playing a lot of Deus Ex lately. I've got to the point when
you have the choice to either save Malik or let her die. At first, while I had the suspect that leaving would lead to her death, I left and I felt bad when they killed her :( I decided to load the save again to save her. I've gotta admit that, if I didn't know about Megan being still alive, I'd have probably left Malik to her fate just to dramatize even more the situation

RK128

Hey all, just got a PS4. What's cheap and a must have? Currently got GTA, Witcher, Peggle 2 and PvZ Garden Warfare.

If anyone wants to add me I'm coriandurr (can't get on the spreadsheet on my phone)

Do you own PS+ and have owned it since fall 2013? Then you already have a ton of PS4 games to play right out of the box :D!

Of the top of my head, the following games you can play if you 'bought' them through plus are:
-Resogun
-Contrast
-Strider
-Fez
-Transestor
-Steamworld Dig
-Don't Starve
-Outlast
-Infamous First Light
-Injustice Gods Among Us

And a few more :D.

Edit: Regarding other suggestions, I feel that LBP3 is a good deal if you like 2D Platformers (the patches fixed the launch day issues I recall), Child of Light is a great JRPG-esc tittle, Rayman Legends is a really fun 2D platformer and Ailen Isolation is a great tittle if you want a fun horror game.

eFKac

Congrats!

Looks like you've got the latest heavy hitters, admittedly Witcher and GTA could easily last you like 300 hours of gaming but if you're looking for games, then for must haves I'd recommend The Last of Us (if you haven't played it, still worth a revisit for a lower price imo), DriveClub, Bloodborne (cause of reception, not my type of game), Resogun, Hotline Miami/HM2, Transistor (also on sale EU PSN), Fez, Shovel Knight, MGS Ground Zeroes when it's on sale, inFamous and/or First Light.

As for cheap games, EA games are on sale on PSN eu, UFC got a deep discount, I liked what I've played of it, would say it's worth it. Transistor like I mentioned before. Also The Order 1886 at a discount, thumbs up from me, enjoyed it a lot but it's got mixed reception.

Brawl looks like it was pulled from the store. Doesn't come up in the PS4 store. Not on the online store again.

The buy button goes nowhere.

Hmm interesting. Just checked, still available on EU Store.

ryseing

Second Son, Far Cry, Bloodborne, Watch Dogs, Dying Light, and AC4 are the games I've enjoyed the most.

Destiny actually got good with the new expansion but that's a $70+ investment.

Yasumi

Banned
Enjoying Omega Quintet quite a bit. I like that there's pretty much an anime ED and OP between chapters. Reminds me of Wild Arms 3 and 4. Feels like it could've been a Vita game though, if not for the huge environments combined with Compile Heart's generally poor optimization.

First off thanks x1000000 to Wilflare for sending me a copy of Oreshika english version! Truly awesome gaffer! Updating my system now so I can play it and just noticed the engrish on the spine lol. If anyone needs me I will be trying this bad boy out now.

Hikami

Had seen this yesterday but didn't think people here would actually care given the reactions here.
Already backed the kickstarter myself, I just love detective stuff.
Impressions seem to be mixed on it, but looks interesting enough. I've spent far more than $15 on much worse things tbh. I threw them some bones as well.

Chipotle

Thanks for the replies. I had plus on PS3 but lost access to the account (well, I lost access to my email so can't recover the password). Really frustrating!

Are sales fairly frequent on PS4? Might just use those for a while to build up a library as it'll save me money and I'll avoid starting off this gen with a backlog.

Peggle 2 seems to be getting most playtime at the moment but that's mainly my gf who was pretty hooked on the last one.

Also, I'm loving Garden Warfare. Thought it sounded ridiculous when it was announced and I've never really been into any online shooters but it's got that thing of being really easy to get into whilst having loads to unpeel. Great stuff.

eFKac

Thanks for the replies. I had plus on PS3 but lost access to the account (well, I lost access to my email so can't recover the password). Really frustrating!

Are sales fairly frequent on PS4? Might just use those for a while to build up a library as it'll save me money and I'll avoid starting off this gen with a backlog.

Peggle 2 seems to be getting most playtime at the moment but that's mainly my gf who was pretty hooked on the last one.

Also, I'm loving Garden Warfare. Thought it sounded ridiculous when it was announced and I've never really been into any online shooters but it's got that thing of being really easy to get into whilst having loads to unpeel. Great stuff.

Sales are pretty much a weekly/biweekly thing on PSN plus Flash sales like once a month on US Store.
If you plan to buy a lot of things on PSN, I'd advise to get PS+ anyway. Apart from the games, cloud saves and other perks, there are a lot discounts that either exclusive to PS+ or bigger with PS+.
Depending on how much you buy, you could basically make your money back on discounts.

Chipotle

Sales are pretty much a weekly/biweekly thing on PSN plus Flash sales like once a month on US Store.
If you plan to buy a lot of things on PSN, I'd advise to get PS+ anyway. Apart from the games, cloud saves and other perks, there are a lot discounts that either exclusive to PS+ or bigger with PS+.
Depending on how much you buy, you could basically make your money back on discounts.
Yeah, got 3 months of PS+ as part of the bundle I got and if it's anything like it was on PS3 it'll just get better over time so think I'll stick with it after the 3 months is up.

Zhao_Yun

Finally started the DLC episodes for Muramasa Rebirth. I tried Fishy Tales of the Nekomata first and is it just me or is this much harder than the main game (I am playing on Chaos difficulty)? Of course I am a bit rusty since I haven't played the game in months but I probably died 4-5 times against the first two samurais although I thought that it would just be a simple tutorial :(

Sarcasm

Yeah, got 3 months of PS+ as part of the bundle I got and if it's anything like it was on PS3 it'll just get better over time so think I'll stick with it after the 3 months is up.

Its additive. So if you find a great deal on a year sub, and say you have 2 months left..you get plus for that year + 2 months.

maouvin

Finally started the DLC episodes for Muramasa Rebirth. I tried Fishy Tales of the Nekomata first and is it just me or is this much harder than the main game (I am playing on Chaos difficulty)? Of course I am a bit rusty since I haven't played the game in months but I probably died 4-5 times against the first two samurais although I thought that it would just be a simple tutorial :(

The DLCs are indeed tough at the beginning, specially because you don't get to unlock any special abilities (that improves your attacks/moveset) by the time you find your first boss. But then at late game they're all super broken :D

Please do report when you reach Okoi's second boss. That one's a favourite for everyone.

The DLCs are indeed tough at the beginning, specially because you don't get to unlock any special abilities (that improves your attacks/moveset) by the time you find your first boss. But then at late game they're all super broken :D

Please do report when you reach Okoi's second boss. That one's a favourite for everyone.

This is true. They start off tough and require you to master the basic move set your character has in the beginning for the first boss. Once the game opens up and you can tackle the other areas with the main game bosses, you'll be super decked out with the broken late abilities. Just stick with them! They are all very well done. I think my hardest one was A Cause to Daikon For, his moveset is much distinct than the rest and slower, but still fun!

For my fellow Resogun players, I finally got a chance to record some Commando Hero mode. In 1080/60 thanks to my newly purchased elgato!

If you didn't know, once you beat all 20 waves of Commando, it'll loop over but this time, there are revenge bullets.

This is a clip of waves 21-33:

https://youtu.be/LW21igE8ZT8

I've said this many times, but Resogun is a must have for every PS4 owner. It's my most played PS4 game. I cannot recommend it enough. Has the same addiction as Geometry Wars 2 but even higher because of the strategy involved.

For my fellow Resogun players, I finally got a chance to record some Commando Hero mode. In 1080/60 thanks to my newly purchased elgato!

If you didn't know, once you beat all 20 waves of Commando, it'll loop over but this time, there are revenge bullets.

This is a clip of waves 21-33:

https://youtu.be/LW21igE8ZT8

I've said this many times, but Resogun is a must have for every PS4 owner. It's my most played PS4 game. I cannot recommend it enough. Has the same addiction as Geometry Wars 2 but even higher because of the strategy involved.

Oh wow. Never got that far. Commando was far the best DLC. The fake Shwarzaneegor was cool then annoying and then it came back around again as cool.

Eurogamer posted an article with the best Vita games, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-24-the-best-vita-games-3695

The only game I don't have on that list is Rymdkapsel, and it kinda looks like my cup of tea. Anyone got impressions on it?

Sadly, there isn't much to it. The concept is neat, but I didn't feel the need to play the game for more than an hour since it's always the same. Very "mobile" game, it's a nice disctraction but nothing else. And it actually is a PS mobile title, isn't that gone already or will shut down soon?

Sadly, there isn't much to it. The concept is neat, but I didn't feel the need to play the game for more than an hour since it's always the same. Very "mobile" game, it's a nice disctraction but nothing else. And it actually is a PS mobile title, isn't that gone already or will shut down soon?

PSM shuts down next month IIRC, and goes dark in Sept.

Edit; shut down July 15th, dark September 10th.

In that case I will pass on it.

Shizuka

In the end, I started to play Tales of the Abyss on my New 3DS XL. It's a fun game, I didn't finish it when I got it back when I played my PS2.

New PlayStation Games This Week

Arcade Archives Crazy Climber
PS4 — Digital
Crazy Climber is an action game produced by Nichibutsu in 1980. Players control the right hand and left hand to overcome various obstacles and climb to the top of a skyscraper. Don’t look down, people!

Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid
PS4 — Digital
Ninja-Kid is an action game that was released by UPL in 1984. Players control Ninja-kun who puts a red hood on and traverses scaffolding consisting of several stairs up, down, left or right. Players defeat enemies with a shuriken.

ArcaniA: The Complete Tale
PS4 — Retail (Already Available via Digital)
Decide the battle for the future of Argaan! The empire of Myrtana is in turmoil: the power-mad king has set out to conquer the southern islands — no matter the cost. In these troubled times you suddenly find yourself in the middle of civil unrest and war — all centered around a mysterious, ancient power.

Badland: Game of the Year Edition
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)
Badland is a multi-award-winning side-scrolling action adventure with innovative physics-based gameplay and stunning atmospheric graphics and audio. The Game of the Year Edition has been redesigned for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita with new analog stick controls and enhanced visuals.

Invizimals: The Resistance
PS Vita — Digital
When the Alliance HQ is overrun by the ruthless robot army of Xtractor Industries, the world’s entire knowledge of the Invizimals is in danger of being lost forever. The Alliance’s leader, Keni, has been kidnapped and the Invizimals themselves are under threat. It’s up to you to team up with The Resistance and defeat the Xtractors.

Magicka 2
PS4 — Digital
In the next chapter of Magicka, players ascend from the ruins of Aldrheim to experience a Midgard almost wiped free of Wizards after the Wizard Wars, with the few that do remain having either gone mad or extremely hostile toward all others.

Mega Man 8
PSone Classic — Digital (Out 5/28)
After a meteor crashes on a nearby island, Dr. Wily acquires a dangerous new energy source and it’s up to Mega Man to stop Wily and his deadly new Robot Masters!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
PS Vita — Digital
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad’s existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.

Roundabout
PS4 — Digital
Roundabout is a ’70s B-Movie game where you drive a constantly revolving limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love in an open world puzzle adventure.

Ultra Street Fighter IV
PS4 — Digital
Super Street Fighter IV goes Ultra! New challengers Decapre, Elena, Hugo, Poison, and Rolento join the fight for a total of 44 characters in this enhanced version of the absolutely iconic fighter.

Vitamin Z
PS Vita — Digital (Out 5/27)
Vitamin Z is an action-packed free to play game that will have you on the edge of your seat! Blow up zombie fruits and veggies, earning precious Z that you will use to upgrade your gear and delve deeper into the besieged lab. Earn Trophies, complete missions, and conquer the leaderboards.

Weird Park: The Final Show
PS3 — Digital
When a young boy steps into a closet and disappears, cops and journalists swarm his home looking for answers. But they can’t see what lies behind the veil of reality: a bizarre alternate dimension created by a twisted imagination!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/24/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-5262015/

Hikami

In the end, I started to play Tales of the Abyss on my New 3DS XL. It's a fun game, I didn't finish it when I got it back when I played my PS2.

Playing through that myself right now, on the PS2 though. Fun game indeed, wish I had played it before Xillia and Hearts R though since the combat is pretty outdated.

OK, I want/need to create second PSN account to play Fuse on splitscreen so that the progress will save for each session, but how exactly do I make a second PSN account for this on the same PS3 without screwing anything up on my actual PSN account?

OK, I want/need to create second PSN account to play Fuse on splitscreen so that the progress will save for each session, but how exactly do I make a second PSN account for this on the same PS3 without screwing anything up on my actual PSN account?

Just make another user profile (far left in the XMB) and switch to that. You'll still have access to your installed games but PSN account/trophies/save data are separate.

Just make another user profile (far left in the XMB) and switch to that. You'll still have access to your installed games but PSN account/trophies/save data are separate.

Oh, sweet, so I won't lose my saves or downloads on my main profile, but when I swap to this new one it'll show up with no downloaded games or saves? Will I need to make a new PSN on the new user profile too?

Thanks.

Oh, sweet, so I won't lose my saves or downloads on my main profile, but when I swap to this new one it'll show up with no downloaded games or saves? Will I need to make a new PSN on the new user profile too?

Thanks.

The games will show up and can be used like on the other account. I don't know how Fuse handles the savegames but I'd guess a PS3 user should be enough and you wont need a second PSN account. You could try that first and only sign up for a new one when it doesn't work.

Just received my 64GB memory card in the mail yesterday. Backing up my 32GB card to my PC now so I can reload everything onto the new card and then throw the old one into the PSTV.

The part that sucks... I can't play on my Vita while waiting for it to complete the backup. First World Problems.

Been playing Trails in the Sky, about 15 hours in. A good experience so far and the combat system is something new for me but I really like it with some of the different options open to you.

The games will show up and can be used like on the other account. I don't know how Fuse handles the savegames but I'd guess a PS3 user should be enough and you wont need a second PSN account. You could try that first and only sign up for a new one when it doesn't work.

It popped up saying I need a second PSN account, so I'll make one on this new user.
Just one last dumb question; games that are installed on my account from disc won't need installing again on this new PSN account, and I'll not lose anything on my main one when I make this?

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't want to lose anything on my main account.

Just received my 64GB memory card in the mail yesterday. Backing up my 32GB card to my PC now so I can reload everything onto the new card and then throw the old one into the PSTV.

The part that sucks... I can't play on my Vita while waiting for it to complete the backup. First World Problems.

Been playing Trails in the Sky, about 15 hours in. A good experience so far and the combat system is something new for me but I really like it with some of the different options open to you.

hoqVJmN.gif

Enjoy it, man - once the transfer is done you'll have access to all the games*!

You can fit on a 64GB card, that is.

kng3025

Congrats man,I'm planning on getting my card really soon too. Just waiting for my Amazon credit to kick in before pulling the trigger

autoduelist

PSM shuts down next month IIRC, and goes dark in Sept.

Edit; shut down July 15th, dark September 10th.

Does anyone know if either of the following things are worth buying?

1) That slime Rpg game.

2) The comic book reader

Not a fan of this "let's just release shit whenever" approach, I want to know exactly when I'm getting things - like clockwork. :/

I absolutely hate it. Everything releasing on Tuesday worked really well. It's far harder to follow, and therefore buy things, when they release willy nilly. I'm sure Sony had pressure from pubs to let them publish whenever (so they can time things across platforms) but it still sucks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Demon Gaze Sundays are going pretty well. Have 5 demons now. Team Gazer/Paladin/Wizard/Cleric/Samurai. Got a Slash 1 artifact early that really helped my damage output.

Massa

It popped up saying I need a second PSN account, so I'll make one on this new user.
Just one last dumb question; games that are installed on my account from disc won't need installing again on this new PSN account, and I'll not lose anything on my main one when I make this?

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't want to lose anything on my main account.

Nope, you'll be fine. PS3 is really good for supporting multiple users.

So I was "restoring" my backup onto the new 64GB memory card and it hung up forever at something like 1312MB of 29GB. When I restarted the Vita in Safe Mode, everything appears on my Vita like it was before on 32GB card but it says only 22GB is taken up.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Should I be concerned about anything?

So I was "restoring" my backup onto the new 64GB memory card and it hung up forever at something like 1312MB of 29GB. When I restarted the Vita in Safe Mode, everything appears on my Vita like it was before on 32GB card but it says only 22GB is taken up.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Should I be concerned about anything?

Rebuild your database, and see if everything still stays. It might be that you only got a part of it but all the icons showed up - it's happened before.

Also, it's why I don't use the full backup feature.

Top Bottom