• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
someone's turning into a fan

I like it but it seems pretty simple so far. The thing about buying your party slots was neat, and so is this item system, but the maps are tiny and simple. I did finally meet an interesting boss before getting to this new area though, that was a decent change of pace.

Reset

So, anyone have any opinions on Mega Man Maverick Hunter X? Particularly for a MM virgin.
The game is great, buy it. =P
It looks ugly compared to the original, but they added extra content to make up for it. (Cutscenes,Voice acting, an additional character to play as)

Etria

So a huge, huge thank you to wilflare who was kind enough to help import a copy of Oreshika for me :D Hope you're enjoying your well-deserved holiday at the moment ;)

It finally arrived! After a weekend of waiting to pick it up at the post office because the delivery man decided not to come down the driveway last week haha -_-;

*excuse the mobile quality photo, but here it is in all its shrinkwrapped glory:

So I won't be able to play it yet because of the upcoming exam period, but hopefully can dig into it sometime soon!

Tizoc

wilf sound so wrong...
wilflare, I'll PM you near the weekend for a copy of Oreshika...unless I run into budgetary problems again :V

Also Megaman 8 will release on Wednesday as opposed to Tuesday it seems? I wanna play i uhrlay Capcpom!

Zhao_Yun

The DLCs are indeed tough at the beginning, specially because you don't get to unlock any special abilities (that improves your attacks/moveset) by the time you find your first boss. But then at late game they're all super broken :D

Please do report when you reach Okoi's second boss. That one's a favourite for everyone.

With 2nd boss do you mean the
shapeshifter boss? Just tried that boss fight and died after the "snake head" phase. I think this might take me a while but I really love the aesthetics of that fight! We really need a new Vanillaware game.

maouvin

With 2nd boss do you mean the
shapeshifter boss? Just tried that boss fight and died after the "snake head" phase. I think this might take me a while but I really love the aesthetics of that fight! We really need a new Vanillaware game.

Yep, right this one. After a while I gave up and leveled a bit before going back, but that was me being lazy.
I'm still impressed on how corrosivefrost managed to beat it on Fury mode.

maouvin

Just abbreviate "wilflare" to "wil", please.

You should have just entered Grimodar, you'll see. I just beat the demon of that area.

I had to discard a fair amount of loot there from running out of inventory space and not wanting to go back to the inn. And it gets worse on the next two demon's areas. And onwards, I suppose.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You should have just entered Grimodar, you'll see. I just beat the demon of that area.

I beat the demon of that area last night. The maps are still a bit smaller than I'd like and very simple. A slight uptick in random encounter difficulty but I can usually slash/slash2/slash2/holy shield/wizard bolt my way through all of them. Bosses have been a joke since getting Demon rage. Also with Convert Mana I can probably use line spells on my Wizard instead and just fill up their mana with the Cleric's, who can regen it and doesn't use it in random battles anyways.

Tapejara

Cross posting from the Canadian Deals thread:

Wording from this tweet makes it seem like EB won't be selling Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita after May 31st. Game is already OOS online.

I tweeted EB asking to clarify if the game itself won't be sold after the 31st, but they have yet to reply.

Edit: apparently this is for a promotional price. False alarm.

Ponn

Banned
I'm in the mood for a musou game for Vita. OP Pirate Warriors doesn't come out till august. I believe that leaves either Neptunia U or Senran Kagura. Which one would you all suggest?

Tohsaka

I'm in the mood for a musou game for Vita. OP Pirate Warriors doesn't come out till august. I believe that leaves either Neptunia U or Senran Kagura. Which one would you all suggest?

Senran Kagura is a better game overall, IMO. Double the characters, more customization and the environments are larger.

Vylash

Neptunia U is easily the better game, characters have way more variety, there's more content, and it's just a more fun game overall

Ponn

Banned
I was kind of thinking that from the reviews i've watched. I like the Neptunia characters and will eventually pick it up but i've meaning to get Senran for awhile now. Thanks all.

hawk2025

Hey guys,

what's the best way to import the FFX/X-2 steelbook from Europe?

Currently in the US, and I really want to get that one instead of the pointless calendar :( Any ideas? Is amazon.co.uk basically as good as it's going to get?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...isn't Orochi 3 Ultimate on Vita? I love the Wii U version and it's certainly better than Pirate Warriors/Shinovi Versus. Well, a better game to play, those two have other things going on story wise that make them interesting.

Prelude.

I beat the demon of that area last night. The maps are still a bit smaller than I'd like and very simple. A slight uptick in random encounter difficulty but I can usually slash/slash2/slash2/holy shield/wizard bolt my way through all of them. Bosses have been a joke since getting Demon rage. Also with Convert Mana I can probably use line spells on my Wizard instead and just fill up their mana with the Cleric's, who can regen it and doesn't use it in random battles anyways.
I don't know, I think they're big enough. If they were even bigger than the first Grimodar floor I'd probably get bored of seeing the same environment over and over.

...isn't Orochi 3 Ultimate on Vita?
It is.

autoduelist

You also have Dynasty Warriors Next, Orochi 3, and Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme to choose from.

DW Next -- has some goofy touch mechanics, and not everyone loves it, but it was my first real deep venture into the genre and i found it really enjoyable.

Orochi 3 -- working through it now on the side. cool plot, solid combat, etc. tons of content. rather than command a set of heroes like in DWN, you can flip between 3 at any time to do complex combos.

DW8X -- haven't played it yet. heard good things.

Shizuka

You also have Dynasty Warriors Next, Orochi 3, and Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme to choose from.

DW Next -- has some goofy touch mechanics, and not everyone loves it, but it was my first real deep venture into the genre and i found it really enjoyable.

Orochi 3 -- working through it now on the side. cool plot, solid combat, etc. tons of content. rather than command a set of heroes like in DWN, you can flip between 3 at any time to do complex combos.

There is also Samurai Warriors 4.

Ponn

Banned

Wow, I did not know about this. I didn't care for Next because of all the swipe shit but I do like Dynasty Warriors. I need to look into this, I can get a copy on Amazon for like 25 bucks.

You know what sucks, I did a search for this on the PS Store on my Vita to check the price there and some bundle for Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn popped up. My heart skipped a beat for a minute, what a freaking tease.

Wow, I did not know about this. I didn't care for Next because of all the swipe shit but I do like Dynasty Warriors. I need to look into this, I can get a copy on Amazon for like 25 bucks.

You know what sucks, I did a search for this on the PS Store on my Vita to check the price there and some bundle for Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn popped up. My heart skipped a beat for a minute, what a freaking tease.

That's a recent eff up they've yet to correct. :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the worst mainline game. Still great because it's MM. Wish it was the Saturn version, which we will never see.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's really sad that many people are so against touch minigames to dismiss the best looking and best performing musou game on Vita(exclusive, with character creation and packed with content other than being a lot of fun), but after all they dismiss the totally legit Uncharted GA for few swipes at the beginning, the only uncharted i found fun(i couldn't even finish UC1 and UC2 demos for how boring i found them), i guess it cannot be helped.

bobohoro

It's really sad that many people are so against touch minigames to dismiss the best looking and best performing musou game on Vita(exclusive, with character creation and packed with content other than being a lot of fun), but after all they dismiss the totally legit Uncharted GA for few swipes at the beginning, the only uncharted i found fun(i couldn't even finish UC1 and UC2 demos for how boring i found them), i guess it cannot be helped.

Nothing sad about it. It's an annoying gimmick in an otherwise good game, but due to it popping up every other minute, it's a major part of every stage and I could not see myself playing it for longer amounts of time.

Regarding musou on vita: if you're sensitive to a game's performance, you better check first how the ports run. Some take a hit to textures, others have reduced enemy mass on screen, framerate can get really low and loading times may be longer.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nothing sad about it. It's an annoying gimmick in an otherwise good game, but due to it popping up every other minute, it's a major part of every stage and I could not see myself playing it for longer amounts of time.

Regarding musou on vita: if you're sensitive to a game's performance, you better check first how the ports run. Some take a hit to textures, others have reduced enemy mass on screen, framerate can get really low and loading times may be longer.

Sorry but it's TOTALLY sad that to make those minigames look worse than what they really are people say that they came up every minute becoming a major part of the stage when in every mission there's only one ambush(a matter of 2 seconds, if happens, and you can even easily avoid them once you learn to recognize the enemies that ambush) and one boss fight(that last less than a minute if you know how to fight, and in fact i have the impression that some people hate the game because they don't know exactly how duels work).

This what DWN really is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQQO-KBpbQA

- 3 HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA U: UNLEASHED | COMPILE HEART / IDEA FACTORY

Why you no buy Nep U, UKVitaGAF?

I did :(

- 4 DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 | AVALANCHE SOFTWARE / DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS

At least no-one bought this, though tbh I didn't see it stocked anywhere on Friday.

Tizoc

Sunflowers is a really good touch screen based vita game.

HGH

Banned
- 3 HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA U: UNLEASHED | COMPILE HEART / IDEA FACTORY

Why you no buy Nep U, UKVitaGAF?

I did :(
Isn't that better than the usual? The series doesn't seem to have much traction in Europe in the first place.

And speaking of Compile Heart. They just announced a thingy.

Top Bottom