• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

AsfaeksBR

Really want Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, but won't have time to play it until around July~ September.
Should I be weak and get it now, or are there good chances it'll be cheaper down the road?

TOTP: This week's sale is a little weak and the Plus games will be announced tomorrow, só give your wallet a little deserved rest.

RK128

Been nice not having college for a few days; a great start for a long summer break :D! Played a few games from the recent sales (mainly LBP Vita and Shovel Knight, which I still didn't beat yet XD).

Also got Street Fighter IV for my 2DS (can't beat a fighter for 8 bucks :D) and plan to get something big around my birthday (which is June 1st; don't know if I want to get a new console (Wii U or PS4), Vita memory card (a 64GB card sounds nice) or just 50 bucks in PSN credit.

Really love what I've been playing in LBP; the controls feel a lot better then in both of the PS3 tittles and the new gimmicks in the game feel natural (love the tap-to-shoot gimmick and really appreciate swimming coming back from the LBP DLC :)). The game looks great on the Vita and the game feels so solid on the platform :).

Shovel Knight is a great game filled to the brim with retro charm....and I only have two more main levels until I have to venture into the Tower of Fate. Everyone loves this game and I love it as well :); visuals look amazing on the Vita's OLED screen, the controls are fantastic thanks to the Vita's D-Pad and the level designs are a lot of fun to platform through. Overall great tittle :D.

Street Fighter IV 3D is a good port of a great fighter; visuals hold up really well from the PS3 version (limited experience with that through my PS Now trial), the controls work well enough on the 2DS, and I love how the supers/ultra attacks are mapped to the touch screen. I found that really hard to pull off with normal button inputs, so having that feature is nice :). Didn't play online yet, but for the price I paid, it was an overall great deal :).

I have a question for Vita Gaf though; which of the two is the better option, Wii U or PS4? I don't expect to get either next month despite wanting to (300/400 bucks is a LOT of money to throw away X(), but if I do get one, I personally am leaning toward a Wii U.

But I 'own' alot of PS4 games already (thanks to PS+ and Cross-Buy)....and I do want to play Ratchet, KH3 and FFXV when they come out instead of waiting for the fall of that year to play them.

Any advice would be nice, as you guys have given me tons of great advice so far :D.

omg_mjd

Fez is on sale for less than $5. Had it already on Steam but been waiting on a sale so I could play it on the Vita. Great game so far--really digging the little details in the art and the tight controls.

autoduelist

I have a question for Vita Gaf though; which of the two is the better option, Wii U or PS4? I don't expect to get either next month despite wanting to (300/400 bucks is a LOT of money to throw away X(), but if I do get one, I personally am leaning toward a Wii U.

You likely already know the answer deep down. I know I usually do -- for lack of a better way to put it, I just pretend to buy something in my head, and I know right away whether I feel happiness or regret.

For me, the answer is most definitely ps4. I love a wide range of games, and look especially forward to/enjoy Resogun, Geometry Wars, D*Souls/Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Mad Max, Need for Speed, etc. Basically, the kind of games that come out on PS4. On the other hand, I don't generally like Nintendo games/platformers/kart racers and don't even pay attention to whats coming out.

So really, which set of games do you care more about? That's your answer. I'd regret not playing Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. If you're more interested in whatever games are coming out for the Wii U, that's that.

RK128

Fez is on sale for less than $5. Had it already on Steam but been waiting on a sale so I could play it on the Vita. Great game so far--really digging the little details in the art and the tight controls.

Fez's OST is amazing too; really puts you in the mood for exploring this large, vast world.

I loved my 80% run of the game when I got it early last year; amazing visuals, great soundtrack, and a gameplay mechanic that really opens up the level design. Glad you got it and I hope you continue to enjoy it :D.

Just...keep in mind that it is very, very annoying to 100% the game; having to scan QR codes and solve strange puzzles and the like :l.

Here is a link to the soundtrack if you want to listen to it :D.

RK128

You likely already know the answer deep down. I know I usually do -- for lack of a better way to put it, I just pretend to buy something in my head, and I know right away whether I feel happiness or regret.

For me, the answer is most definitely ps4. I love a wide range of games, and look especially forward to/enjoy Resogun, Geometry Wars, D*Souls/Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Mad Max, Need for Speed, etc. Basically, the kind of games that come out on PS4. On the other hand, I don't generally like Nintendo games/platformers/kart racers and don't even pay attention to whats coming out.

So really, which set of games do you care more about? That's your answer. I'd regret not playing Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. If you're more interested in whatever games are coming out for the Wii U, that's that.

Well, I do own a 2DS, so if i want my Nintendo fix, I can use that (honestly, the only reason I got a 2DS was to play Smash 4; getting to play KI: Uprising, Mario Kart 7 and Majora's Mask 3D was just a lovely bonus in my eyes).

My big issue is that while I would love to get a Wii U....I miss out on KH3 and FFXV, games I know will never come to the Wii U :(. Granted, I will be playing some great Nintendo stuff, but point still stands; I miss out on a lot.

With the PS4, it is so weird, as I SHOULD want one; I already own tons of games for the system through PSN Cross-Buy and Plus, third party games like Arkam Knight are coming and Sony will eventually start releasing games that I love out of PlayStation (God of War 4 and Ratchet Reduxe).

My avatar will help me decide which one to get honestly XD! Sonic Generations is what brought me back into PlayStation, as that was not coming to the Wii. If the next 'big' Sonic doesn't come to Wii U, then I know I will 'have' to get a PS4 to play it :).

Thank you for the advice autoduelist; that was really helpful :D.

Chuy

Amazed how busy i've been between college ending, fixing cars, and hanging out with friends. Poor vita has been neglected too much lately :/
Thankfully my wallet it safe this time from sales. Sony been killing it with the deals lately
Not likely, no.
Lovely. Added to my possible import list assuming there's no localization announced by PSX.
Also sucks that Phantasy Star Portable 2 isn't listed on PSN. I'm assuming there's some sort of issue for why it's not there.

Been nice not having college for a few days; a great start for a long summer break :D! Played a few games from the recent sales (mainly LBP Vita and Shovel Knight, which I still didn't beat yet XD).

Also got Street Fighter IV for my 2DS (can't beat a fighter for 8 bucks :D) and plan to get something big around my birthday (which is June 1st; don't know if I want to get a new console (Wii U or PS4), Vita memory card (a 64GB card sounds nice) or just 50 bucks in PSN credit.

Really love what I've been playing in LBP; the controls feel a lot better then in both of the PS3 tittles and the new gimmicks in the game feel natural (love the tap-to-shoot gimmick and really appreciate swimming coming back from the LBP DLC :)). The game looks great on the Vita and the game feels so solid on the platform :).

Shovel Knight is a great game filled to the brim with retro charm....and I only have two more main levels until I have to venture into the Tower of Fate. Everyone loves this game and I love it as well :); visuals look amazing on the Vita's OLED screen, the controls are fantastic thanks to the Vita's D-Pad and the level designs are a lot of fun to platform through. Overall great tittle :D.

Street Fighter IV 3D is a good port of a great fighter; visuals hold up really well from the PS3 version (limited experience with that through my PS Now trial), the controls work well enough on the 2DS, and I love how the supers/ultra attacks are mapped to the touch screen. I found that really hard to pull off with normal button inputs, so having that feature is nice :). Didn't play online yet, but for the price I paid, it was an overall great deal :).

But I 'own' alot of PS4 games already (thanks to PS+ and Cross-Buy)....and I do want to play Ratchet, KH3 and FFXV when they come out instead of waiting for the fall of that year to play them.

Any advice would be nice, as you guys have given me tons of great advice so far :D.
I'd probably recommend the 64gb memory card and Wii U honestly. 64gb to hold all the digital vita games i'm going to assume you own.

Wii U is a amazing value for the price since its backwards compatible and Smash Bros + Mario Kart 8 can easily get you hundreds of hours of entertainment alone plus it does some fantastic first party games.

Though the PS4 does have its merits as well so i wouldn't discount it either just get whatever you want more really.

Also try weighing the costs vs benefits of getting one or the other to help decide which you should get

Random question, but does anyone know of any good image hosts? I might move my banners to a new site for next month because Minus is becoming increasingly garbage.
Photobucket/imageshack
Used both extensively a few years back when i regularly uploaded photos without any major issues

RK128

I'd probably recommend the 64gb memory card and Wii U honestly. 64gb to hold all the digital vita games i'm going to assume you own.

Wii U is a amazing value for the price since its backwards compatible and Smash Bros + Mario Kart 8 can easily get you hundreds of hours of entertainment alone plus it does some fantastic first party games.

Though the PS4 does have its merits as well so i wouldn't discount it either just get whatever you want more really.

That seems to be what I might end up doing; I own 230+ games for my Vita (my current 32GB card holds 100 of them) and I grew up with Nintendo.

I think what I might do is wait until E3 is over and decide which console to get by that point.

Thank you for the advice Chuy :D.

omg_mjd

Fez's OST is amazing too; really puts you in the mood for exploring this large, vast world.

I loved my 80% run of the game when I got it early last year; amazing visuals, great soundtrack, and a gameplay mechanic that really opens up the level design. Glad you got it and I hope you continue to enjoy it :D.

Just...keep in mind that it is very, very annoying to 100% the game; having to scan QR codes and solve strange puzzles and the like :l.

Here is a link to the soundtrack if you want to listen to it :D.

Thanks for the link! Good stuff.

I'm not really a completionist when it comes to games so it'll be fine. (I only have one platinum so far and that's P4G.)

Anyway as I was listening I remembered that I scored my PC copy of Fez via Humble and sure enough there's a DL link for the OST in my Humble library. Sweet. :)

Shizuka

Operation Abyss is coming to the rescue. Only 2 more weeks.

BZEioALCcAEfKaX.jpg

Bowl0l

2.5 GB for octodad...come on, vita memory is damn precious and I have a 64GB card...can't do it I don't think. Really want to though.

By any chance is that the PS4 size and they just copied it over...?

-----soooo..... they linked the PS4 version on the US blog.

Vita version is 3.1 GB.
I swear that Vita Octodad is less than 800MB when i click to download today.

Since the bad ports of USFIV PS4 and Akiba PC saved me some money I think I'll get La Mulana EX which is still on sale. Vita-chan would never let me down like that.

autoduelist

I originally plat'd The Last of Us on PS3 on release.

I picked up the PS4 remaster on the cheap (thanks to this thread, i think) recently, and it has all difficulties unlocked from the get go. So... my first playthrough was on grounded, which is a step more difficult that the 'survivor' my ps3 version had. No hud, almost no resources, etc.

And, well, this game deserves all the praise it's ever gotten. I wish I could have experienced it again for the first time, but i'll take what i got -- revisiting old friends, killing old enemies, and generally falling in love with the game all over again.

It's a damn masterpiece, truly showcasing what a game can be when everything comes together. Its few faults are minor and understandable, and pale against its successes.

Tizoc

Here's how I see it-
US will be digital only (at best limited retail print/run).
EU will be retail.
I'll likely get the EU retail on PS4 so I can trade it off after I had my fill of its generic animu-ness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Playing through freedom wars right now, and jesus christ I was so close to declaring the game unplayable till I finally unlocked the fast-travel system. The in-game walkspeed is so fucking sluggish and slow. Still, the load times kinda drive me insane.

The battles themselves are pretty damn fun though.

SerTapTap

Poor USF4. I hope Sony is stepping on necks to get the thing into shape, this is really embarrassing considering their shot at the tournament scene.

Operation Abyss is coming to the rescue. Only 2 more weeks.

Thanks for reminding me I ordered the LE and will probably never have time to play it

Playing through freedom wars right now, and jesus christ I was so close to declaring the game unplayable till I finally unlocked the fast-travel system. The in-game walkspeed is so fucking sluggish and slow. Still, the load times kinda drive me insane.

The battles themselves are pretty damn fun though.

The fast travel in Freedom Wars is brilliant though. I wish all JRPGs had a menu-based movement system in addition to any walk-around-the-mappity. Loadtimes, eh, just kind of a Vita thing really.

Got that Nintendo Humble Bundle. So glad Sony didn't cheap out on the Vita hardware like the 3DS. Even Whoa Dave! looks significantly worse on 3DS.

SerTapTap

That new PS+ smell. No more excuses to not play Ground Zeros.

I made a video at launch for Futuridium EP Deluxe if anyone's curious. The music and visuals alone make it worth a play even if you hate it. It's a very interesting arcady sort of gameplay. Won't resonate with everyone but I rather liked it. It's hard, but you earn more credits as you play and anyone with moderate skill should eventually be able to credit feed through the main mode. The trophies are absolutely cruel though.

I made a video at launch for Futuridium EP Deluxe if anyone's curious. The music and visuals alone make it worth a play even if you hate it. It's a very interesting arcady sort of gameplay. Won't resonate with everyone but I rather liked it. It's hard, but you earn more credits as you play and anyone with moderate skill should eventually be able to credit feed through the main mode. The trophies are absolutely cruel though.

Yeah it was OK. Really wonky. Race to the Sun is a much better game.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is awesome. It's like a linear Red Dead Redemption but the shooting is actually fun and the story is actually better because it doesn't drag out.

Cloudberry Kingdom is eh. It is pretty much can be configured into every 2D platformer ever made but lacks any character of any of them.

Can't wait to try Skulls of the Shogun.

Tohsaka

I think I'm going to stop importing games, since this is the second one in a row that has gotten localized. I actually expected Lost Song to come out here, but not a PS4 version.

RK128

I did enjoy what I played of Futuridium at a GameStop demo station :); solid controls and it reminded me a bit of Star Fox. I always wanted to get this but its nice to get it for free :D!

The other Vita game (that Zoo army tittle looks interesting, Gunsliger looks awesome (always wanted to get it), Ground Zero's is nice for PS4 owners, and Skull Shogun looks very interesting.

Overall solid line up of games for June and a nice birthday present from Sony to me :).

Tizoc

WHERE'S MAH MEGAMAN SONTY?!
I already have both Capcom collections! XD
Why there's no Cadillac and dinosaurs in them? :mad:

Because it's a licensed thing like AvP =)
C&D is based on cartoon show which is based on a comic series by Mark Schultz.

Top Bottom