• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

eFKac

If that's what it takes for the game to get localized, so be it.

Ohh I wasn't talking about a localization, I just want a PS4 version to expand the console's library in Japan, thought you wanted that too!

I'm just teasing you Vita lover ;-P

Uuu TOTP. get The Witcher 3, a little bit overrated on Gaf imo but still a really great game.
Also get Magicka 2, first game was dope and show support for smaller talented devs!

ZeroAKA

C4cS7b4.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in America or Europe in the month of May. You can either PM me on GAF or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

RK128

C4cS7b4.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in America or Europe in the month of May. You can either PM me on GAF or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:

Can I vote for a PS1 Classic Zero? Because that is the only 'new' game I got that came out this month :l.

SerTapTap

Daaaaamn Futuridium EP Deluxe is running at 120hz native for Morpheus. Gonna be one of the first games I try on that. It'll either make me sick or be completely amazing, possibly both. People focusing on realistic witcher style graphics for VR are silly, I want some surreal shit.

60 FPS remoteplay is pretty great, played an hour or so of Neptunia VII that way last night.

Also I got Umihara+ and this lil buddy for my PS4

I think I'm going to stop importing games, since this is the second one in a row that has gotten localized. I actually expected Lost Song to come out here, but not a PS4 version.

I only import if it's been a long time with no localization (my 360 shmup collection), it's extremely, crazy unlikely to ever be localized (the super sonico PS3 game) or if I want the limited edition stuff and the US is either confirmed to not have it or highly likely not to have it.

SerTapTap

Everyone's buying 64 GB cards and I'm deleting games (after copying via content manager of course) so I feel less stressed out about all this crap on my card I already beat or otherwise probably won't play again

Finally got the 64GB card for my new PS TV. Now to get it hooked up and doing the remote play thing...

Don't forget to make sure your PS4 account is set up as primary for ad-hoc connection, and that "Use Wifi in Power Save Mode" is unchecked in Vita Power Save settings. ;)

AsfaeksBR

Everyone's buying 64 GB cards and I'm deleting games (after copying via content manager of course) so I feel less stressed out about all this crap on my card I already beat or otherwise probably won't play again

If it makes you less-unhappy, I bought a 16Gb one just recently with my Vita. So... yeah.

Man FUCK that "wifi in power save" option's name. I'm still mad I had that on for two years

I'm glad this was the first thing BrazilGAF warned me about when I got my Vita.

SerTapTap

If it makes you less-unhappy, I bought a 16Gb one just recently with my Vita. So... yeah.

I'm glad this was the first thing BrazilGAF warned me about when I got my Vita.

I've got a 32 in the Vita and 16 in the PS TV. PS TV's one is annoying sometimes but I mostly try to limit myself to games I plan to play, am actively playing, and some very small but replayable games like Luftrousers and Binding of Isaac for trips/whatever. I beat most of Velocity Ultra on a plane.

I have one - the only metal gear game I ever finished was mgs2.

Honestly I never got around to grabbing the HD collection and haven't seen more than an hour or tow of MGS2 and none of 3 (aside from a bit of a livestream). I'd still recommend playing GZ unless you super absolutely feel the need to experience the story in the proper order (in which case go chronological game order not chronological in-universe order). I think if you ignore the cassette tapes it doesn't really have much of any spoilers and the gameplay is just soooo good. They finally nailed the controls after MGS 4 was almost there.

bobohoro

I have one - the only metal gear game I ever finished was mgs2.

At least you finished the best one.

GZ is probably the only one I'll download (for when I get my PS4), everything else really doesn't look interesting to me from June's line-up. But I've got Steins;Gate and Operation Abyss to look forward to, which is more than enough since I've got less gaming time in the summer anyway.

I need to start dusting off my Vita for the 9th. It's almost here, I can almost feel it. After OB every 2-3 weeks we have a Vita game dropping up until September with Danganronpa. The Vita season begins soon.

This month things were a lot slower around here than in other months. The June OT is gonna be interesting, Not only because a good bunch of us are getting Operation Abyss, but also because of E3. It's that time of the year again and I can't wait for it.

Didn't really want to start a thread based on a retailer listing, but GAME (European retailer - in this instance their Spanish branch in particular) have listed Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for release in October, PS3/Vita:

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-is-listed-on-game-retailer/

Curiously published by Bandai Namco. But considering XSEED don't publish in Europe unless it's digital-only, it's certainly a possibility.

You can add Trails of Cold Steel to the stuff that will be announced at E3 for sure. No surprise really, we all knew about the trademark a long time ago, but the October release date on this is new.

autoduelist

The fast travel in Freedom Wars is brilliant though. I wish all JRPGs had a menu-based movement system in addition to any walk-around-the-mappity. Loadtimes, eh, just kind of a Vita thing really.

Absolutely. Fast travel is a necessity.

I'm actually (and surprisingly) really having fun with Valahalla Knights 3 despite its issues... at its heart there's a lot of fun to be had running around grinding out levels and creating a kick ass team of 7. But holy crap it needs more quick travel (you can quick travel from 'base' to 'combat zone', but after that you are on your own and it really should be quick travel to -any zone- you've been to. But whatever, still having fun, something like 60 hours in, despite it trying to prevent that.

You can add Trails of Cold Steel to the stuff that will be announced at E3 for sure. No surprise really, we all knew about the trademark a long time ago, but the October release date on this is new.

Didn't really want to start a thread based on a retailer listing, but GAME (European retailer - in this instance their Spanish branch in particular) have listed Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for release in October, PS3/Vita:

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-is-listed-on-game-retailer/

Curiously published by Bandai Namco. But considering XSEED don't publish in Europe unless it's digital-only, it's certainly a possibility.

Everyone ignores when I post it :(

But it's very good news, so I can't be sad for long! :)

Everyone ignores when I post it :(

But it's very good news, so I can't be sad for long! :)
That was my bad, I apologize I didn't see it :S Edited my post ^

Screw Trails of Cold Steel; give me a damn release date for Trails in the Sky SC on Vita.
At this point to be honest it's been so long that I kinda don't even remember the story all that well. I remember the ending, but everything else is a blank

Playing Mind Zero... It's okay. I'm actually shocked that this game creates such passionate defense and loathing. It's very mediocre so far. Going with Persona 3/4 like designs for the characters and having similar plots is probably what hurts the game the most, because it's just not as good as those games but it still makes you think about them. Still, not the worst thing ever so far, but I probably wouldn't recommend it.

http://t.co/2lzLWqQzIP

EDIT: LS will be retail for Vita and PS4!

Wow, that's great to hear. I never actually got around to HF, but I might just end up getting it for the PS4.

Now let's hear about GE2RB. :p

VLiberty

Guys, do you think there's a chance to see Black Mesa Source on PS4 someday? I've been playing through the HL2 trilogy lately but I have never played the first game.(and my PC is dogshit)

SerTapTap

Guys, do you think there's a chance to see Black Mesa Source on PS4 someday? I've been playing through the HL2 trilogy lately but I have never played the first game.(and my PC is dogshit)

I really doubt it, Portal 2 seems to be more or less the last bastion of both Valve's single player efforts and console efforts. And there's no way the modding team is going to be able to get Black Mesa on console without Valve publishing (for legal, technical and funding reasons)

Half Life Source should run on your PC if HL2 does though. I played that one since it came with HL2 collector's, you can get HL1 not-source on steam now too I think.

Nope. Valve just takes money from other developers, who actually create games, for using their DRM delivery mechanism now.

VLiberty

I really doubt it, Portal 2 seems to be more or less the last bastion of both Valve's single player efforts and console efforts. And there's no way the modding team is going to be able to get Black Mesa on console without Valve publishing (for legal, technical and funding reasons)

Half Life Source should run on your PC if HL2 does though. I played that one since it came with HL2 collector's, you can get HL1 not-source on steam now too I think.

Nope. Valve just takes money from other developers, who actually create games, for using their DRM delivery mechanism now.

:(
Thanks

Actually I'm playing the HL2 games on PS3. Not the greatest ports ever...but I was expecting them to be worse from what I read. My PC can run vanilla HL1 for sure I think but it probably won't be able to run the remake decently. The main problem is the video card...

RK128

I'm sorry to be sharing this, but a thread popped up in the gaming section about Sony giving 'legacy' support for Vita and PS TV going forward :l. I honestly don't understand what it means, but I think it means that Sony is 'done' making first party software completely :(.

Granted, this shouldn't be any major news, as we all knew that Oreshika is the 'final' first party Vita game released, but at least we know for sure that Sony is 'done' with the Vita :l.

Sorry to be sharing this with you all X(.

Top Bottom