• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

omg_mjd

I don't think there will be too many Asian English games that don't make their way to the west, other than the last (and probably next) Genkai Tokki game from Compile Heart. Nothing else that would really require censorship that would be too much of a hassle for them to localize. Their other two upcoming Vita exclusives (Death Under the Labyrinth and Makai Shin Trillion) seem fairly tame.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was wondering if there was any advantage to having an Asian PSN account but I checked it out and for me there's really nothing there that isn't on the US store already. I can see the advantage of a JP account though but since I can't speak the language it's a moot point.

Bowl0l

Thanks, that's good to know. I was wondering if there was any advantage to having an Asian PSN account but I checked it out and for me there's really nothing there that isn't on the US store already. I can see the advantage of a JP account though but since I can't speak the language it's a moot point.
Pls avoid Asia PSN. There are plenty of games not listed in Asia PSN, especially english version.. If not mistaken, Sword Art Online LS Eng Version and Senran Kagura Bon Appetite Jap Version is not available in HK store...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Revelations 2 is being ported by Frima Games, not SCEA/SCEE.
Wait it's not done by SCEA/SCEE? Then there's hope it won't be junk port! :O

Trailer for Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army (that title)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlzNzoZO2-Q

Looks like a co-op Nep U with bosses, could be neat

Yeah, nothing more, nothing less, i was expecting more honestly :\

I hope that the next spin off will be for vert and will be a sort of strategy game.

autoduelist

Thanks for this. The 'legacy' thread is ridiculous and depressing. A common sense statement is made and suddenly people are scared they're taking vita off PSN soon and other insane crap. I can't handle reading the crazy.

I agree that that's a big reason why people don't like it, but it's easy to see why everyone makes that comparison on the surface. So far there are some similarities, particularly in the designs for two characters. I'm sure the differences become clearer further into the game, but at first the game sort of invites the comparison.

I'm not especially impressed by the combat, but it's not horrible or anything. I'll probably see this through to the end of the story at the very least.

I played on the hardest setting, and the reason I really enjoyed the combat is because you're constantly on your toes, constantly flipping characters between human and demon form, taking risks, and generally have to constantly adapt to each battle on the fly. The bizarre take on hit points and spell points is really inventive, and actually keeps combat extremely interactive. I had a lot of intense battles where teammates would get stunned, or die, and I'd slowly manage to claw my way back to victory. It's far better than the endless attack/attack/attack/heal type orders that work in most games.

On hard, at least, the balance is pretty tight as well. Dungeons are fairly hard when you first enter, get less so by the time you're done exploring and leveled up, with a nice hard boss at the end. Return trips to dungeons later, however, can easily be auto-battled since you'll be powerful enough.

It gets lewt completely wrong though. There's no sense of it whatsover, which definitely helps that 'bland' feeling. And what could have been an interesting card based skill system also leads to completely interchangable characters that have no set role or class, which also makes them feel bland. It's definitely got a nice case of the blands... but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Tizoc

In case anyone missed it (or just doesn't want to go to GD for whatever reason)
Megaman 8 is now available on US PSN

Finally got round to making a dent in my Vita backlog, gave Danganronpa a try as it is supposed to be really good. 2 hours in and I'm completely hooked, Monokuma is one of the most evil villains to a game I've seen in years. The story, characters, music etc. are all top notch. Can't wait to play more of this game when I get home...

I posted too many food pics :X hahahaha
No such thing as too many food pictures, they all looked great! Very entertaining to see, also it's good to have you back with us. By the way gotta give it to you for being first wishing me a happy birthday ahaha. The clock was on your side, since you were on the 28th before everyone else :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, I think freedom wars might be my favourite monster hunter style game.

It's gets super fucking chaotic at time and it can get frustrating but goddamn when you're fighting a whole bunch of weird gigantic organic robots, with lasers, missiles and bullets flying, and you're flying around with your chains trying to remove their body parts, it gets super fucking fun.

Hope it did well enough to warrant a new entry.

SerTapTap

Wait it's not done by SCEA/SCEE? Then there's hope it won't be junk port! :O

Yeah, nothing more, nothing less, i was expecting more honestly :\

I hope that the next spin off will be for vert and will be a sort of strategy game.

Depends how good the bosses are, really. If it really is a hunting game than the "normal enemies" are basically completely useless filler

There's a demo for Neptunia V II on J-PSN now. Seems to have a decent amount of content!

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-ii-demo-now-available-japan

I'd check it out if I weren't playing the real deal. Just got to the part where it seems to open up
the character select

robotnik

Another day (or should I say page?), another wilflare's praise! Helped me out with getting banned game and oreshika (on the photo with few other games I received this month).

FUldwyd.jpg

In the end I didn't win much in tne money buying directly, but it's really important for me that he helped.
So, Wil, if you'll be in need to import something, decide to visit my country (lol) or anything really, just drop me PM and I'll do everything I can to help you! Thanks, mate.

RK128

Wow, that is some surprising news, considering how well the original version sold, one would think they wouldn't bother with a new translation. Great move Bamco :D.

I hope this is for the Vita as well, considering its rough translation sold people off from the based game. A fixed up translation can bring in more sales for the Vita version and would be a nice gesture of good will for Vita buyers I think :).

I loved Hallow Fragment, so if the Vita version gets a new translation, it would give me a great excuse to jump back into the game again :D. Great summer game I think.

KimChi

Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong thread but is anyone having issues redeeming codes? I keep getting an error trying to redeem a $20 psn code and 1yr ps plus ><

Sitrus

The Legend of Dark Witch was just released on JP PSN. It's a port of the 3DS title with the same name. Worth noting is that it has English subtitles. It's only 400 yen :)

Sondar

Persona 4 Dancing All Night US release details...

http://personacentral.com/persona-4-dancing-all-night-english-release-information-revealed/

http://www.atlus.com/p4dan/

The “Disco Fever” edition of the game, which will retail for $79.99 USD and $99.99 CA, has also been revealed with the following information:

The “Disco Fever” Edition includes:

Two Discs Chock Full of Persona 4 Music Remixes: Hear the Persona 4: Dancing All Night soundtrack in all its glory! The two-disc CD set is full of original classics including “Pursuing My True Self,” and “Shadow World,”new song arrangements including “Heartbeat, Heartbreak” and “Your Affection,” remixes by artists including Lotus Juice, TK and Yuu Miyake, and completely new songs specifically composed for P4D!

Last Night a Vita Pouch Saved My Life: Protect your PS Vita in this custom P4D enameled pouch with a full color P4D design featuring Teddie in all his Elvis-esque jumpsuit glory on one side, and an embossed version of the P4D logo on the reverse. Not for sale in North America, the “Disco Fever” edition is the only way to get the exquisitely detailed pouch.

Costume Change: Two sets of paid DLC outfits will come with the “Disco Fever” Edition for free – Persona 3‘s Gekkoukan High School uniform set, and the summer break outfit set- to dress up Chie, Kanji, Rise, Naoto, and the rest of the human (sorry, Teddie) Investigation Team! The song “Never More” is also included as a bonus playable song.

All About that Bear: Never lose your keys or whatever else again with a golden Teddie keychain. Exclusive to North America, the gold (not real gold, of course) keychain comes embossed in the visage of all of Teddie’s gloriousness, based on the belt buckle design on his P4D jumpsuit!
The Whole Package: All the items will come in a large collectible box with custom disco ball art (based on the Japanese Crazy Value Pack version of P4D)

Takao

Banned
18169897691_c945a918c0_z.jpg

Oreshika_Dungeon_Bridge%20Gif.gif

Starting today, May 28th, and running until June 10th, there will be a newly named labyrinth called Wailers Way which is a special area with the goal to kill as many Oni as possible, and to reach a minimum specified score. Winners will receive a bundle of in-game prizes, so join in! All of the eligibility details for Wailers Way can be found on this forum post.

Not to be outdone by the in-game competition, beginning on May 28th and running until June 3rd, we are holding a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of these awesome signed Oreshika art books. The books are signed by the creator of Oreshika, Shoji Masuda and the character designer, Makoto Sajima. For all the details on this sweepstakes please go to this forum post.

We’re excited to leave you with one more exciting announcement before we sign off… We’ve been listening to our fans and we are pleased to launch an Oreshika theme for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV, which will be available on the PlayStation Store on June 2nd!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/28/new-competition-begins-in-oreshika-tainted-bloodlines/

There's an interview with Oreshika creator Masuda at the PS Blog link.

EU already has a SCEE exclusive theme, but it sounds like this will be the Japanese one:

The JP theme launches in EU on the 11th of June. The in-game contest is available there too, though it looks like the artbook is limited to SCEA territories.

Very pleasantly surprised to see the game get any kind of post-launch support for them.

For those who haven't bought the game, it's currently available for just $15 in SCEA's PlayStation Plus sale. If you want to try out the game, there's a demo available as well.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
The Legend of Dark Witch was just released on JP PSN. It's a port of the 3DS title with the same name. Worth noting is that it has English subtitles. It's only 400 yen :)

If I'm interpreting Circle Entertainment's, uh, English correctly, there's a pretty good chance that we're getting it in the west.

@CIRCLE_Ent said:
@albrechtpatr we are focusing on Japan version now, after it released, will be start to thinking English version then.

Prelude.

The JP theme launches in EU on the 11th of June. The in-game contest is available there too, though it looks like the artbook is limited to SCEA territories.
I hope they're considerate enough to remove the sad excuse for a theme that is currently on the EU store.

So, E3's started to upload publisher profiles to their site. Here's Xseed's.
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Sony Playstation Vita
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 3
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation Vita

Engage the speculatotrons!

(no, it's almost certainly not a complete list, no Deep Crimson for a start)

Also, while I'm here, here's Atlus and Bamco.

I sure hope that you are right ^

Xseed has an action and role playing games on the Vita. Xanadu? And Trails?

Atlus is obvious, with Stella Glow on the 3DS, Persona 5 on PS3/4 and P4D on the Vita. One of the entries says only "Sony Playstation" so I assume it's Lost Dimension since it is multiplat.

First thing I noticed about Bamco and it crushed me, no Vita so no GE2RB
For fuck's sake.
Tons of stuff on there, but Trails is definitely one of the games on both PS3 and 4 on that list.

RK128

I sure hope that you are right ^

Xseed has an action and role playing games on the Vita. Xanadu? And Trails?

Atlus is obvious, with Stella Glow on the 3DS, Persona 5 on PS3/4 and P4D on the Vita. One of the entries says only "Sony Playstation" so I assume it's Lost Dimension since it is multiplat.

First thing I noticed about Bamco and it crushed me, no Vita so no GE2RB
For fuck's sake.
Tons of stuff on there, but Trails is definitely one of the games on both PS3 and 4 on that list.

It could be possible that God Eater 2 Burst comes to US/EU through the PS4 version first then Vita version latter (like the inverse of Hallow Fragment we found out today; the Vita version came first then the PS4 version launches after). There also is the possibility that these lists aren't up to date, as that could end up being added in the next week (as E3 starts mid June).

Another possibility is that God Eater 2 Burst will be shown off during Sony's conference when they talk about the Vita (they are giving the thing 'Legacy' support, so them announcing a few Vita localizations is possible).

Top Bottom