• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Prelude.

Xseed has an action and role playing games on the Vita. Xanadu? And Trails?
Sen no Kiseki is the rpg and Estival Versus is the action.

First thing I noticed about Bamco and it crushed me, no Vita so no GE2RB
For fuck's sake.
I think they list only the versions that are actually on the floor, if you check there's only one PS3 game (and it's an rpg so maybe it's a Tales) and that can't be right, obviously, since there are no games exclusive to the PS4/Xbone.

It could be possible that God Eater 2 Burst comes to US/EU through the PS4 version first then Vita version latter (like the inverse of Hallow Fragment we found out today; the Vita version came first then the PS4 version launches after). There also is the possibility that these lists aren't up to date, as that could end up being added in the next week (as E3 starts mid June).

Another possibility is that God Eater 2 Burst will be shown off during Sony's conference when they talk about the Vita (they are giving the thing 'Legacy' support, so them announcing a few Vita localizations is possible).
Fingers crossed. To be fair, they announced Lost Song on the Vita as well and that isn't on the list either since there are no Vita product categories. Man I really wish I could just let it go. It's been 2 years since the release of the vanilla GE2 and every month that has gone by I look forward to an announcement for the game. I saw Rage Burst as the perfect opportunity for it to come. Then the trademark, then the trailers with English subs... Goddamnit, I am very vocal about the game but I am losing faith :(

I think they list only the versions that are actually on the floor, if you check there's only one PS3 game (and it's an rpg so maybe it's a Tales) and that can't be right, obviously, since there are no games exclusive to the PS4/Xbone.
I forgot Estival you are right. As for your last point you might also be correct. Maybe one of those action or adventure games is the PS4 version of GE2. Or maybe it just won't be there at all.

I forgot Estival you are right. As for your last point you might also be correct. Maybe one of those action or adventure games is the PS4 version of GE2. Or maybe it just won't be there at all.

I don't think they're gonna announce GE2 before the anime starts airing, though.
Rocking the new avatar for good luck.
those who don't know, this is the anime's protagonist Renka Utsugi

RK128

Fingers crossed. To be fair, they announced Lost Song on the Vita as well and that isn't on the list either since there are no Vita product categories. Man I really wish I could just let it go. It's been 2 years since the release of the vanilla GE2 and every month that has gone by I look forward to an announcement for the game. I saw Rage Burst as the perfect opportunity for it to come. Then the trademark, then the trailers with English subs... Goddamnit, I am very vocal about the game but I am losing faith :(

I think the game will come to the West :D. Bamco has been doing a great job localizing games for the past year or so (starting with I believe One Piece and continuing to do so with SAO and Tales of Heart R); between those alongside future localizations (SAO: Lost Song for example), God Eater 2 Burst and (hopefully) Digimon CS will come over by the latest next year :).

Besides, I think they might want to position God Eater 2 Burst with the western release of the anime (which is coming in the fall I think?) and that alongside GE2 characters popping up in the new Project X Zone really hint at the game coming to the west :).

I think the game will come to the West :D. Bamco has been doing a great job localizing games for the past year or so (starting with I believe One Piece and continuing to do so with SAO and Tales of Heart R); between those alongside future localizations (SAO: Lost Song for example), God Eater 2 Burst and (hopefully) Digimon CS will come over by the latest next year :).

Besides, I think they might want to position God Eater 2 Burst with the western release of the anime (which is coming in the fall I think?) and that alongside GE2 characters popping up in the new Project X Zone really hint at the game coming to the west :).

E3.com is never accurate.

All signs point towards it really that's what keeps my tiny flame alive, but Digimon would be great too. The anime is coming on July 5th, right at the start of the anime Summer season. Then there's the PxZ thing too you are right, maybe all hope isn't lost.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Sit back and relax. Being "vocal" does nothing to make it come out faster and you are just wearing yourself out. Go get excited when its actually announced lol.

If the anime comes and goes with no announcement you can expect 2 things, either someone is an idiot and missed the perfect marketing opportunity or the game just is not going to come out in the West.

Regardless of that just wait till the E3 rolls around and see if anything pops up then.

Sit back and relax. Being "vocal" does nothing to make it come out faster and you are just wearing yourself out. Go get excited when its actually announced lol.

If the anime comes and goes with no announcement you can expect 2 things, either someone is an idiot and missed the perfect marketing opportunity or the game just is not going to come out in the West.

Regardless of that just wait till the E3 rolls around and see if anything pops up then.
June 28th is the God Eater event and its 5th anniversary, it is also just a few days before the anime airs. I'll wait until then, no news, no localization.

maouvin

Apart from pausing to save after every objective (and sometimes other times too), Octodad on Vita seems to actually be pretty good!

Indeed. If you can get past that and the long loadings, the port is pretty good.
I still need to try the same-Vita multiplayer, which sounds like a wonderful experienc~.

So while the Vita community debates what all this Legacy Console bullshit means (hint; nothing!) the Vita continues to be awesome, and The Vita Lounge continues to cover it. Speaking of which, if anyone was interested in grabbing a physical copy of our magazine (there was a thread about the first issue here) this is the ~24 hour notice as we'll be switching to work and funding on the next issue and processing things then. :)

Arthos

Anyone pre-order a game from Amazon before? I just put an order in for the Persona: Dancing All-Night LE but am wondering if I get charged now or when it ships.

Hikami

Anyone pre-order a game from Amazon before? I just put an order in for the Persona: Dancing All-Night LE but am wondering if I get charged now or when it ships.

When it ships
i'd be broke if they charged now.. I have like 6 games pre-ordered on Amazon lol

RK128

So while the Vita community debates what all this Legacy Console bullshit means (hint; nothing!) the Vita continues to be awesome, and The Vita Lounge continues to cover it. Speaking of which, if anyone was interested in grabbing a physical copy of our magazine (there was a thread about the first issue here) this is the ~24 hour notice as we'll be switching to work and funding on the next issue and processing things then. :)

Thank you for the reminder; that way anyone interested in getting a hard copy of the first issue here can get one :).

I mentioned this when the first issue launched, but if you need an extra writer, feel free to PM me, as I would love to help with the next issue :D. You guys did a fantastic job with the first issue, so I'm looking forward to the next one :).

I also want to share something I typed up recently regarding this whole 'Legacy' crap and I think it sounds nice :). Hope you all like it :D.

"Since 2012, the Vita has been a platform built for gamers and loved by gamers, but it has faced plenty of negativity, both on part of others and Sony themselves; they see the system as a ‘failure’ or something not worth meaningful effort.

But that has been proven wrong time and time again; people love the Vita and have been supporting it any way they can. Independent developers love how the hardware feels, leading them into bringing their fantastic, inventive and fun games to the platform and today independent developers have found a powerful home through the Vita as in many respects, the Vita is the best place to play some great and creative tittles.

Japan has always loved handhelds and that is clearly shown through their continued support of the platform today; Namco Bandi, Atlus and many others have brought games of all kinds to the system including but not limited to Persona 4 Golden, Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment and Dragnarompa. All of these games offer something new, interesting and special to the platform; having a timeless adventure with the Investigation team, venturing into the vast beautiful world of Alicard with Kirito and his many friends, and solving a murder mystery oozing with style. All of these ventures are things Vita owners will never forget and it is thanks to the talented developers from Japan that we can experience and continue to experience this today.

One of the strongest qualities of the Vita is uniting gamers across the world into a passionate and kind community that loves the system, offering great advice on the systems massive library, sharing favorite moments from their gaming sessions and just being kind to one another. This community is what drew me into getting my Vita, as the NeoGaf Vita community showed me what made the system so special and through the extra push of PlayStation Plus’s collection of ‘free’ tittles, I made my dive into the Vita world. And I never look back, owning too many games to fit on my 32GB card and playing game series and genre’s that I never considered touching in the past.

Thanks to the Vita, I finally played gaming classics that others highlight as games you must play; Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill 1, Metal Gear Solid, Persona 4. I even played games that I consider modern classics today, like Persona 4 Golden and Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment. The Vita pushed me outside of my platformer-centric bubble and I am very happy that happened.

The Vita is one of the best consoles on the market through it offering an endless supply of software that you can play. Sony stated recently that the system is a “Legacy” platform, and they are right; the system will go down having a Legacy as the console that stands tall and proud next to the Super Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 as some of the best consoles in gaming."

Thank you for the reminder; that way anyone interested in getting a hard copy of the first issue here can get one :).

This is for the second issue, we've yet to do a reprint of the first issue - though it seems to be warranted as quite a few people have asked for one.

RK128

This is for the second issue, we've yet to do a reprint of the first issue - though it seems to be warranted as quite a few people have asked for one.

Sorry for the confusion then :(. A reprint of the first issue might be a great idea, as it seems a lot of people wanted to get one :D.

Either way, good luck to you and everyone involved with the second issue!

I got three stars in every level of Fat Princess Piece of Cake. I don't know why, I guess because I could. Game doesn't acknowledge that either. A little disappointed.

Sondar

Stupid question, but I pledged $10 for the first physical issue, so does that work on a rolling basis? Will I automatically get the second, third etc issue without having to take any further action?

Stupid question, but I pledged $10 for the first physical issue, so does that work on a rolling basis? Will I automatically get the second, third etc issue without having to take any further action?

That should be the case, yes. If not, you will be informed of any changes beforehand via a letter sent along with physical copies.

I got three stars in every level of Fat Princess Piece of Cake. I don't know why, I guess because I could. Game doesn't acknowledge that either. A little disappointed.

Congrats! I'm hoping on another update that adds more levels.

Finished Resogun (Vita), SSD is more fun imo.

Going to start with The Unfinished Swan.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So, E3's started to upload publisher profiles to their site. Here's Xseed's.

Engage the speculatotrons!

(no, it's almost certainly not a complete list, no Deep Crimson for a start)

Also, while I'm here, here's Atlus and Bamco.

I hope for trails of cold steel("as i summon my VORSE RAIDER!"... sorry but every time i read "cold steel" i hear kayba summoning the vorse raider lol, the full quote is "prepare to feel the touch of cold steel as i summon my VORSE RAIDER!" and is from an old yugioh game with kayba for pc)

Do we know what is the atlus rpg for vita? I guess i should know but at the moment i have a void and i don't remember the recent atlus lineup...

oldmario

i wanna get some games from the EU sale on psp, anyone know if capcom classics reloaded, tomb raider legends and persona are secretly PSTV compatible? description only mentions PSP and Vita but i don't trust sony enough to update it

edit: i googled and found the blogpost from last year and both the capcom and tomb raider are on the list

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls LE pre-order for Europe is now up. £59.99 plus postage.

more quality pricing from ni$a

Borderlands, Civilization and XCOM. The one game 2K isn't releasing on Vita is the one they originally announced.
They're porting mobile ports and there's an iOS port of Bioshock 1 isn't there?

Quoting this from the Trails of Steel GAME leak thread for those who haven't seen it:
Probably doesn't need to be said, but just so you know, that E3 info you're all reading into is a bit outdated.

The reality is much more interesting. ;)

-Tom

So like Takao said and it's now confirmed by an XSeed employee even, the lists we saw are old. All is good and E3 is gonna be great for us Vita peeps.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Quoting this from the Trails of Steel GAME leak thread for those who haven't seen it:

So like Takao said and it's now confirmed by an XSeed employee even, the lists we saw are old. All is good and E3 is gonna be great for us Vita peeps.

Awesome! :D
What are the best bets?

Corpse Party Blood Drive, Estival Versus and Trails of Cold Steel are pretty much the three I can think of. I don't know what else they would want to bring. Xanadu would be amazing, but it's way too early for that one, it isn't even out in Japan yet.

Ponn

Banned
Civ and Xcom would be awesome, though very late

Don't care, everything is late at this point but i'm in full selfish mode when it comes to Vita. Everyone should be at this point. Give me Civ and Xcom, that would be freaking awesome. I just can't allow myself to get to excited till I see the receipts of an announcement.

autoduelist

I love how we're pretty much in the middle of a [small] Vita Renaissance with tons of localizations and indie games coming out regularly, yet a single word mentioned in an investor's meeting sends everyone into a tizzy. As if that single word changed a god damn thing about what's going on, or even shed any light on how Sony view the Vita ecosystem (it doesn't).

People are so ready to lose their minds over a word, or a possible interpretation, and then others get their claws out and scream 'dead! dead! dead!' and it's all so silly, because anyone paying attention knows damn well we're getting more games than ever and likely have massive backlogs to boot.

Super safe to preorder from them. They match their lowest price during the preorder period automatically, make it easy to cancel, and will more than make up for it if they do mess up somehow.

Top Bottom