• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation trying to grow market by expanding to PC but console remains core market (PS Co-CEO)

yogaflame

Just like in the Psone era. PC and Ps 1 are perfetc combination. Even if pc was superior, it help the production and growth of Ps1 , and vice versa.

vkbest

They got more money from GTA 5 in royalties or Genshin that they got from selling their games in PC the last 4 years. This is simply people in Sony who don’t worry about the future of the company/division with this dangerous strategy, they only want “free “ additional money to please investors and shareholders while they are in power

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yah, so I guess they will continue to increase their PC effort for those 'free' additional money

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The current management at Sony PS seem to not just focusing on expanding to the PC market.

They appear to be pushing everyone toward PC gaming. They appear to be deaf to what gamers actually want.
The thing everyone is missing is that it's not about pushing people to PC. It's about consoles not growing. That is game over territory in 10 years. It means the "no growth" is already there, so they are pushing into PC because they have to. The longer they wait, the less of an audience they have on there, even worse if they ever intend to set up a store. In reality, they need to establish themselves on PC as fast as possible. Every other 3rd party already has, with SQEX being just about dead last, but finally doing the same.

The thing everyone is missing is that it's not about pushing people to PC. It's about consoles not growing. That is game over territory in 10 years. It means the "no growth" is already there, so they are pushing into PC because they have to. The longer they wait, the less of an audience they have on there, even worse if they ever intend to set up a store. In reality, they need to establish themselves on PC as fast as possible. Every other 3rd party already has, with SQEX being just about dead last, but finally doing the same.
Agreed. It's great for PC gamers. But the lack of exclusives will make PS an unneeded accessory.

I have been a console gamer since PS1. But now plan on switching to PC gaming-only going forward as what's the point when every game will be on PC. Both PS and Xbox have become pointless consoles that I don't see any utility in owning. These consoles are weak even than mid-range gaming PCs .

Last edited:

Console owners in 10 years when they’ve all moved over to PC…

imNnnGm.gif

Hate to break it to you but…

ASYvUXY.png

Puscifer

No they're not, not if you directly compare the tech in the devicea, you people will make PC's with worse and outdated components to match or use used products, its not the same.

Anyways, you ignored most of what i said, they are NOT convenient, stutters, graphics settings, blurry DLSS, massive drops in FPS, games just not launching, Blue screen of death (very common), all of these don't happen in consoles
Blurry DLSS?

There are situations where DLSS is able to deliver better than native image quality, but there are other times where native is clearly superior. It really depends on the game, its upscaling implementation, and the native image quality and implementation of features like TAA.

2023-04-23-image-3-j_1100.webp

Console owners in 10 years when they’ve all moved over to PC…

imNnnGm.gif

Hate to break it to you but…

The image in people's mind that PC gamers stick to their measely puny monitors is not true.
Just look at my setup where my gaming laptop is near the 4K TV with a comy sofa at the background.
You can game on PC like a console with wireless gamepads and k/b mouse setup.

Lw2FFz9.jpeg

Last edited:
The image in people's mind that PC gamers stick to their measely puny monitors is not true.
Just look at my setup where my gaming laptop is near the 4K TV.

Lw2FFz9.jpeg

How far down your neck does your beard go?

J/k

It’s great PC so easily connects to modern TVs, I jest about the PC gamer stuck in a bedroom/mother’s basement stereotype, but modern PC gaming isn’t exactly like that.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Agreed. It's great for PC gamers. But the lack of exclusives will make PS an unneeded accessory.

I have been a console gamer since PS1. But now plan on switching to PC gaming-only going forward as what's the point when every game will be on PC. Both PS and Xbox have become pointless consoles that I don't see any utility in owning. These consoles are weak even than mid-range gaming PCs .
If the market trend towards PS being an unneeded accessory, then so be it? I don’t see why the market has to force an unneeded accessory to be relevant. Nobody care when flip phone or cassette player become irrelevant

tmlDan

Blurry DLSS?

There are situations where DLSS is able to deliver better than native image quality, but there are other times where native is clearly superior. It really depends on the game, its upscaling implementation, and the native image quality and implementation of features like TAA.

2023-04-23-image-3-j_1100.webp

i don't need a bunch of charts, i've used it myself.

I did not say in all cases its blurry

Top Bottom