• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked. No language options at all.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to check but most of the time there is no language option in the game and you have to change the main language of the PS4 to see if there is indeed another language in-game. I would understand if you don't want to bother with trying that.

Still, thanks for checking and answering me this quick !

Be honest. How many of you are really happy right now?

Summer Lesson coming to Asia in English in early 2017
Ay29K.jpg

As an owner of a Gear VR and PSVR, along with playing a good amount of RIFT and VIVE, i'm compelled to disagree. Mobile VR is definitely the way to go. The hardware simply hasn't powerful enough to provide meaty game experiences. Oculus is working on that, as well as positional tracking. That's definitely the future.
Mobile VR is the way to go, Oculus is working on that? The problem is the hardware isn't powerful enough to provide "meaty game experiences" but Mobile is the way to go? Holy confused thinking.

Bollocks

Is the kitchen demo just that short sequence or can it be altered in any way?
As in can I warn the guy? Cause I was like wait, what's that? Is that a person? *knife coming thru, awww shiiieeeeet*

I might still be in the honeymoon phase and I don't think VR will replace traditional gaming, but playing VR, for me, is legitimately like the transition from 2D gaming to 3D gaming. It's that mind blowing even if, in hindsight, these first batch of games will seem ho-hum in a few months/years. I haven't really felt like this since the first time I played my Sega Saturn and PS1.

Actually like the earbuds they included with it, but want to have a pair of over the ears for when I have other people try it next month.

My Sony Golds and Elites won't really cut it as they don't fit on right with the headset. My other headphones also seem to be in the way our will be stretched out quite a bit.

What's everyone else using?

Are they still doing Best Buy demos? I really need to get into one and try this for my self. Unless any of you guys live in central California and wanna let me try.

Hasney

As an owner of a Gear VR and PSVR, along with playing a good amount of RIFT and VIVE, i'm compelled to disagree. Mobile VR is definitely the way to go. The hardware simply hasn't powerful enough to provide meaty game experiences. Oculus is working on that, as well as positional tracking. That's definitely the future.

As an owner of a GearVR and PSVR... I've sold my Samsung phone.

Actually like the earbuds they included with it, but want to have a pair of over the ears for when I have other people try it next month.

My Sony Golds and Elites won't really cut it as they don't fit on right with the headset. My other headphones also seem to be in the way our will be stretched out quite a bit.

What's everyone else using?

Pulse Elites... The fit is fine here.

Until they get positional tracking working it's not really any competition no matter the horsepower.

Is the PS VR a good way for playing just a normal game?

I'm really fighting to justify making the purchase (but a bit put off because I don't have the camera or move already)

robotrock

Banned

I'm really fighting to justify making the purchase (but a bit put off because I don't have the camera or move already)

Nah, it's no good for normal games. I'd much rather play a video game on a 720p screen than the cinematic view on this.

Chris_C

Just hold, "Options" Button.
Auto centers.

That only works if your offset image is due to poor calibration though. What I'm talking about is when you calibrate and still have tilted menus (mostly system menus). It's often because the headset itself is slightly off kilter on your head.

Mezoly

PSVR software doing some decent numbers on the UK sales chart this week, encouraging!

Yeah 2 in top 10 and 7 in top 40 overall is better than I thought it would do. Considering the games are competing against games available on much bigger install base systems.

zoukka

Simple question: can you play most of the 360 VR videos with PSVR? This is one of the most important things about the device for me.

Any EU/UK gaffer's with a USA account should do a search for Vrideo if they like 360 experiences etc. It was mentioned earlier in the thread and I had a look and it's pretty cool. They have a fair bit of content ranging from roller-coasters, jet aircraft, space, meditation, science etc.

Teknoman

I dunno, from playing some of the longer VR games available now, i'd say its just fine for a meaty experience.

I could play a full game based on Scavenger's Odyssey. Also depends on what you mean by meaty. Rez is a full on game to me, and works perfectly fine. Its just if developers put forward a great idea and commit to it.

Prowl

Got it today care of my girlfriend had a lot of fun playing got a lil sick playing Driveclub demo but that didn't last long I'm sure I'll get use to it

Spman2099

Broke down and ordered it... in what order should I play the games and demos?

I think you should start with the experience stuff. Like the deep sea diving game, Rush of Blood, Batman VR; That sort of thing. If there are other people there, play the party oriented games (Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Playroom VR, etc.). Finally, finish with the real games like Super Hyper Cube, Rez, Rigs, and Thumper.

Press and hold start while in game should reset its positioning if that's the problem.

The problem is that it isn't reading the move controller at all.

If new to vr:
Ocean descent is a nice starter
Followed by Kitchen

That's 2 experiences

Follow with London Heist to introduce some mechanics to experience
Playroom
Batman
Rez
Thumper
Driveclub
Eve
Rigs

Bradach

I think i'm getting my PSVR legs. The first time i played the platformer in playroom VR the movement of the camera immediately caused some disorientation. same on the rollercoaster in rush of blood.

But I tried them again yesterday and there was no problems. I'll give Driveclub a try again and see how that goes. I think its the lack of G's that my brain is expecting that is causing the problem.

Bergsy

Loving every minute of VR so far. Fell off my chair playing batman. Leant forward to push a door buzzer in the security office/booth. Thought I'd lean into it some more as there's a fan to the right of the opening and I wanted to see if I could switch it on. Put my left hand out to lean against the desk and then realised the desk was in vr just as I hit the floor. 😁😁

Also I tried to play Rigs whilst hungover and on a come down. I don't recommend it. Took me a whole day to be able to get up on my feet.

Fusebox

Banned

Start with the intro to Worlds, it's a sweet short showcase. Imagine getting your first 5.1 system and putting on the THX or Dolby Digital trailer, it's like that. Shit whizzing around everywhere and it's static seated so no risk of motion sickness.

Was just thinking about different games I would love in vr and I really wish they would remaster bladerunner for psvr. That would be amazing

Get to it when you can. it's an embarrassment of riches right now in terms of quality VR experiences on the platform. I'm just worried in particular about people missing all the subtle and not too subtle NeoGAF references. ;)
Wait... VEV is only $5?! That seems like a no-brainer.

I just checked the forum for VEV on Playstationtrohies.org (I unabashedly love trophies/achievements) and saw this in the first response to how difficult it is to 100% VEV:

The game will test your patience, but its mechanics are simple enough that it's easy to adapt to. Best played in 30m-1hr sessions, then take a break to scream into your pillow.

Ha!

Start with the intro to Worlds, it's a sweet short showcase. Imagine getting your first 5.1 system and putting on the THX or Dolby Digital trailer, it's like that. Shit whizzing around everywhere and it's static seated so no risk of motion sickness.
I didn't know that. I still haven't gotten to VR Worlds, but I think it's now on today's agenda.

Mendrox

Cinema modus is great for someone like me that cant concentrate on a single thing anymore. The screen is still good enough for playing games and also very good for watching movies imo.

Eve: Gunjack is only $7.99 and isn't half bad for what it is.

Just want to shoot stuff with your turret guns that track with your head? They got you covered.

bennibop

Did not reallise that Super StarDust VR included the original game in VR - it is fantastic played this way and definitely worth picking up!

feezel

Played my first full game of Rigs. Awesome! So happy with that purchase.

Probably not for everyone, but I seem to be completely immune to VR sickness.

Taker666

Is there any way to move "the circle" you have to stand in for job simulator?

I'm a good 6 feet away from the camera but the circle I have to stand in is just out of range behind me and in the middle of my sofa.

KORNdoggy

everything seems to be out of stock now in terms of physical releases. my copy of until dawn has a waiting period of 1-2 months! D: and my copy of battlezone i have no idea how long i'm going to have to wait. clearly they under-produced copies of games.

Spades

Finally found one in stock in the UK and just ordered.

Super regretted cancelling my pre-order after reading all the stories in this thread and now I'm looking forward to it blowing my mind (I've never tried VR at all before).

CyberChulo

Is there anyway to move "the circle" you have to stand in for job simulator?

I'm a good 6 feet away from the camera but the circle I have to stand in is just out of range behind me and in the middle of my sofa.

I don't believe so. I over the camera closer because I was 12ft away from the camera. Or perhaps jury rig the camera to fit on a tripod.

Is there anyway to move "the circle" you have to stand in for job simulator?

Sounds weird. I'm about 7 feet back in the circle.

You really do need a good bit of space for some games over others. I can almost sit anywhere I want for Battlezone but Job Sim requires a specific distance every time and it's always the same spot on my floor. I find after I get centered in the circle, when I start the game I move forward a bit for the game space. You won't be needing much room to move around in Job Sim but you will need to crouch and reach out from time to time to get to cabinets and shelves to provide the best customer service you can, human!

IMO you shouldn't need more than 10 feet from the camera to the farthest back you can be and no more than arm's length left or right from the center line of the camera.

If you need more space, just point the camera in a different direction and give yourself more room. Lots of people seem to think they need to be directly in front of the TV. Mine is pointed to the side so the social screen is visible for anyone wanting to sit and watch. Despite not being room space VR, you still need room to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom