• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakefoo

1. Don't use a lens pen
2. Don't use a leaf blower lol

Here's what I've been using for years on my camera lenses and Vive:

Rocket air blaster <$9
Purosol <$9
Kimwipes <$6

1. Blow off debris with a rocket blower while the lenses are pointing down, so debris falls out, not further inside. Confirm that there's no particles, or else they could scratch the lens when you wipe.
2. Spray a Kimwipe a couple times with the cleaning fluid. Don't spray right on the lens.
3. Starting in the center of the lens with the wet Kimwipe, wipe in a circular motion and make bigger circles until you've reached the outer edge.
4. Take a fresh Kimwipe and dry off the lens.

KennyL

Anyone have a recommendation for an immersive, limited interaction game that is not in VR Worlds? I have the core bundle and I'm looking for something like Ocean Descent to introduce my girlfriend to VR without overwhelming her with inputs.

Playroom vr claw gatcha machine

Peltz

So after several days of PSVR I'm back at work today, aaaand several times throughout the day I've had the unnerving feeling that things are just floating in front of me but not really there. Maybe I should take a break from the VR tonight!

You're not alone. I didn't expect to feel effects so heavily.

Well, actually, Rushy confirmed that there are Driveclub VR enhancements for the Pro. While it won't be taking full advantage of the hardware, there will be improvements.

And unless I dreamt this up or something, I recall looking at the update details for PS VR Worlds and it mentions the PS4 Pro there. I won't have access to a ps4 for a few hours so can't absolutely confirm or take a screencap right away. And yeah, as Loudninja said a few posts down, the devs for this are not shut down.

Sony London are not closed down,they moved on to their next VR project.

My bad. I forgot about London staying open. Also, I am really glad to hear DC VR is getting some Pro love. Is there a link to that?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, so after trying all available demos, I kinda made the weird call to make Harmonix VR my first VR purchase. There are several other games I am really interested in, but for now I would just like to focus on this, as I read some reviews before I bought it and most people are trashing it to hell and back.

The easel mode is genuinely awesome and the best VR feeling I have encountered so far. Its a 3D drawing application with the strokes reacting to the music. To get the bad out of the way: The rest of Harmonix VR is kinda... pointless, which is also the reason why most reviews turned out so incredibly negative. Most of the other stuff is actually pretty shitty, so I will likely never do much in those modes, but I came back to that 3D drawing again and again and again. Drawing around me feels so much more vivid in VR than any of the other VR experiences managed to be so far. Its still a bit janky and probably overpriced for what it is, but omg do I love this ... lets call it application instead of game.

This is making me want Dreams VR sooooo much. If you are a creative type and you like doodling around with different brushes and whatnot, definitely try the Harmonix VR demo. Unfortunately, you will need to finish the pointless first level first, but in the Easel mode, you can already check if this is something for you or not.

I made some screenshots to share, but keep in mind that its of course not even remotely as interesting to look at them as screenshots (and drawing them yourself is even better). I usually tend to load up my playlist with stuff from the USB stick and draw something that the first random song inspires me to.
Vxb4vbI.jpg
H2zqROR.jpg

g62D7DL.jpg
bjOBhey.jpg

2XJgoqK.jpg

I really wish Harmonix would continue to expand on this, as this is genuinely the only "game" so far that drags me out of reality into this little VR world that I interact with.

Afrikan

I'm about done ordering expensive electronics products from Amazon....I fucking hate how they out source their customer services....just a waste of time.

but I wanted to get an extended warranty for my PSVR...the rep finally suggested Square Trade...but I read somethings that have me cautious to use them for this product.

I wish Sony had that same option they did with tbe PS4 protection plan on their PSN Store. :/

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Alright, so after trying all available demos, I kinda made the weird call to make Harmonix VR my first VR purchase. There are several other games I am really interested in, but for now I would just like to focus on this, as I read some reviews before I bought it and most people are trashing it to hell and back.

The easel mode is genuinely awesome and the best VR feeling I have encountered so far. Its a 3D drawing application with the strokes reacting to the music. To get the bad out of the way: The rest of Harmonix VR is kinda... pointless, which is also the reason why most reviews turned out so incredibly negative. Most of the other stuff is actually pretty shitty, so I will likely never do much in those modes, but I came back to that 3D drawing again and again and again. Drawing around me feels so much more vivid in VR than any of the other VR experiences managed to be so far. Its still a bit janky and probably overpriced for what it is, but omg do I love this ... lets call it application instead of game.

This is making me want Dreams VR sooooo much. If you are a creative type and you like doodling around with different brushes and whatnot, definitely try the Harmonix VR demo. Unfortunately, you will need to finish the pointless first level first, but in the Easel mode, you can already check if this is something for you or not.

I made some screenshots to share, but keep in mind that its of course not even remotely as interesting to look at them as screenshots (and drawing them yourself is even better). I usually tend to load up my playlist with stuff from the USB stick and draw something that the first random song inspires me to.
Vxb4vbI.jpg
H2zqROR.jpg

g62D7DL.jpg
bjOBhey.jpg

2XJgoqK.jpg

I really wish Harmonix would continue to expand on this, as this is genuinely the only "game" so far that drags me out of reality into this little VR world that I interact with.

Yep. After trying that I really wanted a full blown sculpturing tool. I would spend hours in that.

Vxb4vbI.jpg
H2zqROR.jpg

g62D7DL.jpg
bjOBhey.jpg

2XJgoqK.jpg

I have zero creativity and I love the easel.
It's in my Top 5 VR experiences so far.

My girlfriend is crazy creative and I want to get her plugged into this tonight and see what she comes up with. Glad to see people are messing around with this and hope it doesn't get overlooked. Also..I love the dancing puppets.

Bollocks

Ok I think I just got a little sick while playing Driveclub, I think it was my fault though.

I stuck my head out the window and was basically driving like this, just because I could:
i001266.jpg

Vxb4vbI.jpg
H2zqROR.jpg

g62D7DL.jpg
bjOBhey.jpg

2XJgoqK.jpg

I was on the fence before even though I loved this. You just sold me this title. I had a lot of fun with the demo and when the easel mode ended I was like NOOOOOoooo.

batman and Harmonix music then. I'm waiting for my $15 from PSN. :p Spent so much on games this month.

DjRalford

Can we do a role call on those with the new vs. old camera? For anybody with significant tracking issues which camera are you using? I'm on the old one.

I have the old camera from the launch bundle, i have occasional tracking issues although nowhere near as bad as what some people seem to be describing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have the old camera from the launch bundle, i have occasional tracking issues although nowhere near as bad as what some people seem to be describing.

I think mine would be seen as "minor", but it's more than enough to cause some nausea. I'm considering uploading video clips. I'm hoping people can pinpoint what's causing it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think mine would be seen as "minor", but it's more than enough to cause some nausea. I'm considering uploading video clips. I'm hoping people can pinpoint what's causing it.

Not sure if related, but I was sitting about 1 meter closer to the TV today, which resulted in some random jittering that was also causing some nausea for me. This didnt happen in my first 4 days when I was sitting 1 meter further away.

Tried that World War Toons game.
Guess Im done with VR for the night.

Worse control scheme of any game I played this week. Rigs made me queasy..Toons gave me a instant splitting headache. Fuck that game.

I got my first major tracking issues last night when i tried to play the Wayward Sky demo, My move controllers would drift something awful and my headset would suddenly lose positional tracking. That shit was not fun! The weird thing is I tried again just now after getting home from work and my tracking is rock solid again!

I'm starting to think that the first initial setup with the reversed value picture is super important to keeping accurate tracking.

Skatterd

Pulled out one of the connectors slightly while playing and didnt realize
Suddenly, red lines in the world everywhere around me
Nearly had a heart attack

Belfast

Tried that World War Toons game.
Guess Im done with VR for the night.

Worse control scheme of any game I played this week. Rigs made me queasy..Toons gave me a instant splitting headache. Fuck that game.

I haven't tried it yet, but WWT reminds me of one of those dumb mobile games retrofitted to work with VR. It probably hits the framerate threshhold, but not much else.

Haven't really seen it mentioned here yet, but if you own Hatsune Miku Project Diva X for PS4 there was a free update a couple of days ago that added VR to the game.

It lets you watch a couple of concerts in VR. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, anybody knows if that Hatsune Miku VR game thing on the store is just more of this or is there something else to be experienced?

You guys playing headmaster sitting down or standing up?

Sitting up, although i kinda sucked at the game.

jadedm17

Alright, so after trying all available demos, I kinda made the weird call to make Harmonix VR my first VR purchase.

[cool pictures]

The demo was interesting enough to make me purchase this as well even though I shared your feelings for the other modes; Shortly after playing it normally I regretted my purchase, a rarity for me.

Then came your post.

Those are amazing, thank you for showing it was my imagination that was limited and not just the core set of tools you get. I'd love to see more basic tools but you've inspired me to give this another chance. Great work.

FaintDeftone

Just finished Rush of Blood. It was an awesome experience and a totally fun game; however, that final level was not fun at all. The tentacle portions were obnoxious as hell. Still, I really enjoyed this one.

I also played through Batman: Arkham VR and I loved it, but man that was WAY too short. They need to make a long, fleshed out version of this game. There was some potions that were downright intense here. Shame it lasts only about an hour.

Toma

The demo was interesting enough to make me purchase this as well even though I shared your feelings for the other modes; Shortly after playing it normally I regretted my purchase, a rarity for me.

Then came your post.

Those are amazing, thank you for showing it was my imagination that was limited and not just the core set of tools you get. I'd love to see more basic tools but you've inspired me to give this another chance. Great work.

Glad to hear! I am mostly using it as a chillout/zone out thing every night atm. Putting on random music that I love and just doodling around with the brushes really helps me getting into the groove. I didnt have a decent idea today, so I started off by sketching a sphere above me, just through the circular motion of my arm. Turns out it looks like a bird nest and I went from there.

I havent felt this feeling of unliberated scribbling for scribblings sake in ages.

Teknoman

Well just played through all of Rez and after doing the advanced calibration (eye distance and light tracking) it was flawless. No signal drops either (dunno if that was the issue).

I will say, if you ever want to know how it feels to be an actual Final Fantasy character or Phantasy Star 2 during the last boss, play Rez Area X final boss.

Doom is coming to PSVR?

DOOM VR probably isn't coming to anything. It was just a tech demo thing where it puts you into the environments from DOOM 2016. It wasn't announced as a game or experience for any platform.

Aww...well that sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom