• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, impressions of COD VR and moto racer 4 are not great. Robinson is apparently Meh as well. Combined with the news of GTS VR basically being an afterthought, and I'm starting to get really discouraged. The novelty of it all wore off already, and now I need new content.

Me myself, I don't know what to play...so many great games out there. You have finished them already?

the drought between releases is going to be killer on VR because being in VR is so awesome you wan't to just be in it all the time.

hopefully we get some love at PSX.

androvsky

Man, impressions of COD VR and moto racer 4 are not great. Robinson is apparently Meh as well. Combined with the news of GTS VR basically being an afterthought, and I'm starting to get really discouraged. The novelty of it all wore off already, and now I need new content.

Have you tried Headmaster yet? Seems like a lot of people haven't mentioned it, but it's extremely solid and a lot of fun.

Yes, I know most of my posts in this thread are about Headmaster, someone's gotta bang that drum. ;)

Demption

First thing i tried in VR was Wayward Sky and the feeling being in that colourful world, looking around and marveling was really something else. Also interacting with objects is super fun, maybe that will get old some day.

kinggroin

Banned
the drought between releases is going to be killer on VR because being in VR is so awesome you wan't to just be in it all the time.

hopefully we get some love at PSX.

This is where the constant stream of experimental software for dirt cheap prices on steam, comes in handy. It's why I have both HMDs.

Playstation 4 Pro Enhanced Launch Day Games for PSVR Announced

UPDATED AGAIN WITH MORE TITLES AND DETAILS

Bound
Battlezone
DRIVECLUB VR
Hustle Kings (Original version patched not VR)
PSVR Worlds
Rez Infinite
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Rise Of The Tomb Raider (PSVR mission likely to be improved with the Pro patch)
Robinson: The Journey (On disc)
Super Stardust Ultra (Original version patched not VR)
The Assembly (Compatible since launch)
THE PLAYROOM VR
Thumper (Added to list at link below after publication)
Tumble
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...adbpr=36969785

These are all confirmed for launch day for the PS4Pro.

UPDATES
-The Assembly being compatible since it launched based on a developer account here confirming it
-Thumper was added to the official list from the link at a later date
-The PSVR mission in Tomb Raider will likely use the enhanced features as well but it is not 100% confirmed yet
-Hustle Kings and Super Stardust Ultra are the regular versions with a Pro patch, hopefully the PSVR patches come at a later date
-Robinson Pro support was confirmed via their official Twitter

warthog

So I've had psvr for a week now and for me it's the best thing in gaming since a long long time. Being in those different worlds, because that's what it feels like, is so addictive.

It's hard not to buy every available game though. I've tried to stop myself from spending too much and at this moment I have:

- Tethered
- Thumper
- Arkham
- Super Hypercube

Can I get a link to the GTS reviews, please? Really interested to know how much content is available in the VR mode compared to the rest of the game.

Can I get a link to the GTS reviews, please? Really interested to know how much content is available in the VR mode compared to the rest of the game.

Besides the little tid bit this morning that just said we were getting a "tour" mode instead of everything in the game I don't think we know much else.

RoyalFool

Banned
Going to try Driveclub VR on a Pro tomorrow, will let you guys know how it differs.

Really hyped about the Pro, given that PSVR is a fixed resolution - hoping developers put all that extra power into super sampling and fidelity. If done correctly, PSVR users will probably see the largest results from the upgrade, only worry is low market penetration might make it difficult to justify the (albeit minor) cost of patching some of the titles.

Just a heads up for people looking for an alternative to the sold out pen on Amazon... Best Buy has a Lens Pen on sale for $5.99 with great reviews, it's available for in store pickup today at my local store, and if you recently got a mystery reward you have at least $5 that needs to be spent in store by November 5th.

It can be found here.

It's also on Amazon as an add on item.
Woooo!

Will pick one of these up. Should work exactly the same. Loving mine and going to have a few as backup.

Glix

It was directed at TheMan, who appears to have some insights that the rest of us might not have had the benefits of yet.

Sadly i feel like gtsvr is gonna be lacking as well, regardless i find his post to be of dubious credibility.

Its like he saw some neg things about it on the front page and saw his chance to shitpost about it.

I mean, besides long time pc headset owners its hard to believe the novelty could be worn off on someone by now.

TheBear

What's a good game to benchmark move controller tracking in? I finally received my camera stand off eBay so I can mount the camera to the top of the TV. I played Windlands (no moves obv) and it worked perfect, but I've never had problems with head tracking really.

Next up was Sportsbar VR 1.3, which I've never found to have great tracking, and wasn't any better mounted above. I found it was lose the moves quite easily once I put my hands at my side or lower than my waist.

I then tried VR Worlds shooting gallery seated and standing. Standing was better but trying to aim down the sights proved difficult. Overall I'm finding any game that requires finite tracking of two hands to be less than ideal. I have Batman but I'm kind of saving it until I get my tracking sorted out. In other news, Pixel Gear is damned near flawless.

So which game do you benchmark your tracking in?

Ozorov

Going to try Driveclub VR on a Pro tomorrow, will let you guys know how it differs.

Really hyped about the Pro, given that PSVR is a fixed resolution - hoping developers put all that extra power into super sampling and fidelity. If done correctly, PSVR users will probably see the largest results from the upgrade, only worry is low market penetration might make it difficult to justify the (albeit minor) cost of patching some of the titles.
Cool! Have fun. I dont expect much from the DC Pro patch but I hope its noticeable :D

23qwerty

Well going forward every game has to support the Pro, no?

Glix

In other news, Pixel Gear is damned near flawless.

Can somebody tweet the dev or something? Whats the deal do they have black magic? Do their simple games require less overhead so they have extra processing tracking the move? I need answers! I need to know if i should be expecting this from all games or are there reasons more robust experiences cant be as accurate.

In other games, even when they are working great, there will be moments where whatever is represented by the moves (guns, hands, etc) are a little shaky or weird or inaccurate. Pixel Gear has NONE OF THIS. It is perfect. You can throw the move in the air and catch it and it will be PERFECT.

Not in germany i think.

That's a bummer then. It seems like it hit the Finnish store right after midnight.
The COD VR thing is short but pretty frantic. I liked it more than the EVE Valkyre demo (I have tried both once). The cockpit is amazing, though, the best I've seen so far (Battlezone's was my favourite until now).

oatmeal

Banned
Question...

I installed the Demo Disk from the disk itself, but then found that you can download it as well. Is there any way to switch without downloading the whole thing? I don't want to have to use a disk for it...but ti's making me right now.

Shoeless

So how many people here are toying with the idea of buying that upcoming $40 Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition as an excuse to get a hold of the X-Wing VR mission?

*sheepishly raises hand*

Psoelberg

So how many people here are toying with the idea of buying that upcoming $40 Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition as an excuse to get a hold of the X-Wing VR mission?

*sheepishly raises hand*

Isn't it possible to just buy the cheap standard edition from last year? Doesn't that give access to the VR mission? That's my current plan as I don't have much interest in the rest.

Shoeless

Isn't it possible to just buy the cheap standard edition from last year? Doesn't that give access to the VR mission? That's my current plan as I don't have much interest in the rest.

I think it's just the completionist in me. As long as I'm not paying over $100 for it, I'm okay with getting all the additional content.

really quite curious as what PSVR games will look like with the pro. Not long now. I have issues with how jaggy kitchen is. So if that's been updated, it'll be a cue to what RE7 wil look like. I hope the AA works

(doesn't seem to be patched the demo disc)

really quite curious as what PSVR games will look like with the pro. Not long now. I have issues with how jaggy kitchen is. So if that's been updated, it'll be a cue to what RE7 wil look like. I hope the AA works

(doesn't seem to be patched the demo disc)

I doubt the demo disc will be updated for Pro but I hope I'm wrong.

I doubt the demo disc will be updated for Pro but I hope I'm wrong.

that's the one disc/demo that everyone will get going forward - they really should update it - even if its across multiple vendors/game makers - AND while they're at it. Eve should lenghten their demo and the 2 that don't work should be fixed to work.

Mula

Have played CoD VR. It is the game with the best IQ i have played so far. The immersion is great. Any info on the framerate ? It feels better than eve

Did we get sales numbers yet?

Sony estimated 2 million sold by the end of 2016 and they recently said it was on track at a recent meeting.

Launch units have likely all sold and next shipments are incoming. GameStop said it beat their estimates and they are ordering even more than planned for the holidays.

We will likely hear more after the holiday season dies down.

Carl

I have pretty much the opposite problem to this. I have normal games to be playing, as well as VR games that i've started and want to play more of (RIGS, Tethered), ones i've barely started and need to get into (Wayward Sky), and ones i want to grab (Tumble. Loading Human, Robinson, Windlands
)

Hawk269

Thanks. Depending on the impact the Pro has on VR will determine me keeping PSVR. While I love PSVR the IQ is just way too low for me and I love driving games and played a lot of Driveclub and I want to play VR Drive Club but the blurry graphics with the very poor IQ is so bad...if the PRO can makes things a lot better I will be extremely happy.

Just a heads up for people looking for an alternative to the sold out pen on Amazon... Best Buy has a Lens Pen on sale for $5.99 with great reviews.

It can be found here

Awesome! Just bought one. Thanks for the heads up. Free shipping as well since I don't really live near a Best Buy.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Jackal Assault VR Experience

KVO0Bjy.jpg

YNRDFwF.jpg

egtRA2w.jpg

Short but sweet. It only takes a few minutes to clear the stage, you can go back and get a higher score. I really liked the control scheme for flight and aiming. It was a nice mix of VR head tracking and simple analog controls. Hope they add this to the full game some how.

Just finished it, i agree with the above, short and sweet, it was at least better than the free Eve demo, the head aiming for missiles lock on was cool, but it really was just a 5-10 minute experience, its free so can hardly complain.

You need to own Infinite Warfare for this to work?

Nope, anyone can play it.

iratA

Oh holy S#@! its free @_@ ? I might actually go out and buy Infinite Warfare now based solely off this nice gesture. Well done Activision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom