• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward move goes where ever you physically look with your head to, and you can (slowly)side strafe in a pinch too, so you don't really need the right stick turning outside of bigger turns.
Granted that will not help with your front movement comfort issue, but all the same...

A few hours ago I tried again with some giner pills. For 20 minutes or so I was shocked..moving forward was great. Wasnt sweating, stomach felt good...then, out of nowhere, i was climbing and I threw up in my mouth!! Have no idea what happened, i climbed a bunch already so it couldnt be that..pills didnt wear off. Had to lay down.

Just cant play this game I guess.
Which sucks because it looks really good in the headset.

This has been my experience. Games seem to run a bit better, but it has also been accompanied by intermittent audio and video drop outs. I've done the HDCP 1.4 change in safe mode and while I thought it had fixed it, I noticed the problem again today playing Batman with my son.

If the posts I've seen since its release are any indication, expect a lot of issues (sound cutting out, screen going blank randomly). Although I guess when it is working properly, several games like PSVR Worlds and Playroom VR do get significant improvement.

hold on ... are you guys saying Pro has issues with the PSVR? Is Sony working on to fix this? I upgraded to Pro so I could buy PSVR later to enjoy it with better image quality. Can't have subpar hardware performance on the Pro ... its unacceptable! Hope they fix this soon.

That's a bummer about Vrideo. There was some good content on there. It was also an easy way to show others what VR video was like. I'm hoping we get YouTube VR.

Tagg9

Just got notified of huge updates for:
- VR Worlds
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Volume

My internet is going so slow at the moment, it's taking forever. Anyone know what's in the patch notes?

So I bought Eagle Flight, and it keeps saying network lost when i start the game...but the internet is working...i downloaded the game after all...and i tested the network. Closed game and restarted several times, but the same message...

Any help with this?

Kyolux

- VR Worlds
- Volume

My internet is going so slow at the moment, it's taking forever. Anyone know what's in the patch notes?

Going to go check.

edit: Nobody explodes 1.03
Fixed crash bug that could occur with The Button module and stability improvement.

VR worlds, just updated credits

I don't have volume.

- VR Worlds
- Volume

I'm wondering if we'll see additional content for VR Worlds at some point. There's a suspiciously empty archway behind you on the menu screen.

I asked the developer about it. They didn't admit anything, but then they didn't deny it either.

- VR Worlds
- Volume

Keep Talking is some bug fixes.

VR Worlds update is fucking crazy..game changer...they "fixed credits" or something lame like that. Thats what first party games can do when a patch doesnt cost anything

ElNino

I would guarantee these are not issues with PS VR, but rather the HDMI cable used. Audio and video dropouts are always due to a handshake problem or a signal dropoff, which can nearly always be attributed to the cable itself. Get some quality HDMI cables, like Blue Jean Cables or MonoPrice. Using the included HDMI cable with the PS4 Pro to connect to the Processing Unit should also do the trick.
It's not really an issue with PSVR, but there appears to be an issue with the Pro along with the PSVR. I'm not sure if the Pro has the same problem on it's own, but I've only used it with the PSVR Processing Unit and I've only noticed the drop outs while playing PSVR games.

All of my HDMI cables are high speed, either those included with the PSVR and PS4 Pro or from Monoprice and they all worked fine with the OG PS4. When I connected the Pro it was using the exact same setup as before so I highly doubt the cables are the issue.

hold on ... are you guys saying Pro has issues with the PSVR? Is Sony working on to fix this? I upgraded to Pro so I could buy PSVR later to enjoy it with better image quality. Can't have subpar hardware performance on the Pro ... its unacceptable! Hope they fix this soon.
I haven't read any official comments from Sony, but I believe some here have spoken to support persons who have mentioned it is being worked on. It's not a huge issue, and I think the Pro is still an improvement for VR, but it's frustrating that the Pro seems to have some problems not present before with the standard PS4.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its not tacked on..its a separate15 dollar "experience"

That make things better, since vr players wouldnt have to buy the based game for this experience

This thing being created in partnership with gatorade is already a huge warning sign that its just a promotional tie-in content with little effort

In Robinson, the objectives on the map are saying I need to scan the HIGS unit in the farm but I already have (a pterodactyl had it and dropped it in its nest.) Am I screwed? Are there two HIGS units in the farm?

Edit: I got past this part so I guess it didn't matter

farisr

With the closure of vrideo, I hope the ps4 media player and youtube app get an update soon. Need to enable 3D video support for PSVR in general, 4K support on the Pro, and unrelated to VR, HDR on both PS4 & Pro.

border

What is going on with the Batttlefront VR mission? My understanding is that it was supposed to be free for Battlefront Vanilla owners, but more and more I'm getting the sense that you will have to buy some of the DLC packs to play.

bumpkin

In Robinson, the objectives on the map are saying I need to scan the HIGS unit in the farm but I already have (a pterodactyl had it and dropped it in its nest.) Am I screwed? Are there two HIGS units in the farm?

Edit: I got past this part so I guess it didn't matter
I have the platinum trophy and that objective shows up as unchecked for me.

NateDrake

Not having move support is a huge negative, completely lost interest. I really wanted to test out my own skills not just shoot balls in hoops.

On the All-Star difficulty the icon is removed and it is a little more challenging. It would have made for a nice bonus VR mode in NBA 2K, but as a standalone release it is lacking. I could see those curious about VR or children having fun with it. On the flip side, those interested in Trophy hunting will be able to 100% the game fairly quick.

farisr

What is going on with the Batttlefront VR mission? My understanding is that it was supposed to be free for Battlefront Vanilla owners, but more and more I'm getting the sense that you will have to buy some of the DLC packs to play.
No need to worry, this is what EA said about it on October 19th:

Coming this holiday, players can put themselves in the cockpit of an X-wing with PlayStation VR in the Star WarsTM BattlefrontTM Rogue OneTM: X-wing VR Mission, free to all owners of Star Wars™ Battlefront™.

And this is what they said 5 days ago:

"Also arriving on December 6 is the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Rogue One: X-Wing VR Mission for PlayStation VR. This free** DLC gives you control of your very own X-wing in fully immersive virtual reality – brush up on your piloting skills, stay on target, and prepare to jump through hyperspace as you carry out an important mission for the Rebellion.

**Requires Star Wars™ Battlefront™ for PS4™, PlayStation VR and PlayStation Camera, all sold separately.

So just Battlefront, no need to purchase additional DLC or anything.

Flandy

Trinus VR now works with PSVR. Supports head tracking for SteamVR games. It's at a really early stage right now and I haven't tried it out myself yet so I can't say how well this works yet. Doubt I'll be using it much since there's no positional tracking but it could be fun to mess around with some more experimental PC stuff
https://m.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5e7xkb/trinus_psvr_play_steamvr_games_on_psvr/

Excited to try this out and I hope it eventually gets positional tracking.

bumpkin

Well, that didn't take long... I just got an excellent time on the Expert A course in Eagle Flight, and I'm now second on the leaderboards; second to a user whose time was 00:00:00. Shit like this is why we can't have nice things.

15095014_10154690661653582_5113010406482263916_n.jpg

Like, does it really make them feel that accomplished to cheat their way to the top of an online leaderboard? Really? Loser.

*Splinter

Well, that didn't take long... I just got an excellent time on the Expert A course in Eagle Flight, and I'm now second on the leaderboards; second to a user whose time was 00:00:00. Shit like this is why we can't have nice things.

Like, does it really make them feel that accomplished to cheat their way to the top of an online leaderboard? Really? Loser.
I thought the same thing, getting in the top 3 of every leaderboard in the game was nice, but it's all a lie... :(

The game predicts your time and then picks a few other times around that for you to "race" against. As far as I know there is no way to see the real (full) leaderboard.

Also if I had to guess that 0.00 is more likely a bug than a hacker.

Plasma

Banned
It probably won't include it but I'd love for the Battlefront VR to have a mode where you can just pick up and examine props, blasters and lightsabers. That was one of the coolest parts of Batman when you're holding these things in your hands and looking at them up close.

slash3584

So I might get today a second hand PS VR + new V2 Camera via Amazon.

Taking into account I don't have PS move controllers and probably only the games on the demo disc PS, what would you guys recommend I check to be sure it works properly?

I would guarantee these are not issues with PS VR, but rather the HDMI cable used. Audio and video dropouts are always due to a handshake problem or a signal dropoff, which can nearly always be attributed to the cable itself. Get some quality HDMI cables, like Blue Jean Cables or MonoPrice. Using the included HDMI cable with the PS4 Pro to connect to the Processing Unit should also do the trick.
No. I've posted my findings after a few days of testing earlier in the thread. Multiple HDMI cables from low end cheap garbage to high end bs. Even swapped a bunch of shit like switches and splitters in the chain in various places with and without the below temporary workaround:

It's not really an issue with PSVR, but there appears to be an issue with the Pro along with the PSVR. I'm not sure if the Pro has the same problem on it's own, but I've only used it with the PSVR Processing Unit and I've only noticed the drop outs while playing PSVR games.

All of my HDMI cables are high speed, either those included with the PSVR and PS4 Pro or from Monoprice and they all worked fine with the OG PS4. When I connected the Pro it was using the exact same setup as before so I highly doubt the cables are the issue.

I haven't read any official comments from Sony, but I believe some here have spoken to support persons who have mentioned it is being worked on. It's not a huge issue, and I think the Pro is still an improvement for VR, but it's frustrating that the Pro seems to have some problems not present before with the standard PS4.

Shut down PS4
Boot to safe mode
Last option is HDCP
Change it to 1.4 from auto
Accept and reboot
Enjoy

I did extensive testing with this. OG has fewer issues OOB but there have been LOTS of issues with HDCP and Pro, in general even using the supplied cable. I've had 1 issue since switching HDCP to 1.4 but prior to switching I would black out, audio cutout, flashes, red lines, etc every few moments with audio dropping for a few seconds every 15-20 seconds constantly.

It's a known issue with HDCP regardless of what cable you use. This is only a temporary workaround.

If I use a stripper in the post PU chain, I will get none of the issues on the social screen while the HMD spazzes out. If I remove the stripper the social screen reflects the issues of the HMD including audio. Most splitters also strip HDCP.

Taking into account I don't have PS move controllers and probably only the games on the demo disc PS, what would you guys recommend I check to be sure it works properly?

Battlezone/Driveclub are good demos as they will use your full view for looking around the cockpit.

Craft

Been tracking the warehouse deals for a couple of days on the UK website and the headsets have been selling out instantly.

slash3584

Battlezone/Driveclub are good demos as they will use your full view for looking around the cockpit.

Thanks, will try!

Been tracking the warehouse deals for a couple of days on the UK website and the headsets have been selling out instantly.

Yeah I was really lucky. I was hovering over the buy button on Amazon Spain because it was discounted to 380€ but then I refreshed the page and the price went up to 390, luckily this warehouse deal appeared too and I couldn't contain :p

KORNdoggy

No. I've posted my findings after a few days of testing earlier in the thread. Multiple HDMI cables from low end cheap garbage to high end bs. Even swapped a bunch of shit like switches and splitters in the chain in various places with and without the below temporary workaround:

Shut down PS4
Boot to safe mode
Last option is HDCP
Accept and reboot
Enjoy

I did extensive testing with this. OG has fewer issues OOB but there have been LOTS of issues with HDCP and Pro, in general even using the supplied cable. I've had 1 issue since switching HDCP to 1.4 but prior to switching I would black out, audio cutout, flashes, red lines, etc every few moments with audio dropping for a few seconds every 15-20 seconds constantly.

It's a known issue with HDCP regardless of what cable you use. This is only a temporary workaround.

If I use a stripper in the post PU chain, I will get none of the issues on the social screen while the HMD spazzes out. If I remove the stripper the social screen reflects the issues of the HMD including audio. Most splitters also strip HDCP.

this is putting me off upgrading to the PRO...

Eighthours

Shut down PS4
Boot to safe mode
Last option is HDCP
Accept and reboot
Enjoy

Does switching the HDCP to 1.4 affect anything like 4K HDR when you swap the cables back to avoid the breakout box when wanting to play something like The Last Of Us, or does it affect Netflix and Amazon Prime in HDR?

Just want to know whether changing that setting does anything negative, basically.

Was in the press release I received this morning.

Thanks had not seen that info anywhere else. Likely will be the same price in £ if even released in europe so think i will pass for now not a big basketball fan but might of been fun little thing if a bit cheaper but from the trophies and video does look like it does have depth for those intrested in basketball, and glad big publishers are at least trying stuff in VR.

sourc3d

Thanks had not seen that info anywhere else. Likely will be the same price in £ if even released in europe so think i will pass for now not a big basketball fan but might of been fun little thing if a bit cheaper but from the trophies and video does look like it does have depth for those intrested in basketball, and glad big publishers are at least trying stuff in VR.

£11.99 in uk psn store and available now

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ence/cid=EP1001-CUSA06928_00-NBA2KVR000000000

Anyone else notice we got a free Area X dynamic theme for PS4 on Monday.

Just what my PS4 needed as a nicer frontend for when i'm in PSVR, the standard blue theme kills the mood when dropping out to the menus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-PTTk3JUcM

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=EP0748-CUSA06338_00-REZINFINITETHEM2

AreaXTheme.screen.1.png

Thanks! I wish this stuff was more visible or promoted on the store or to people who own the game. This looks a lot nicer than the Rez Garden Pre-Order Theme. That thing was distracting to look at.

-EDIT-
UK STORE. Can't buy it. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom