• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planet

Then you are probably in the US or somewhere else besides Europe. EU links almost always get converted to your store (in my case Germany) just fine, but between US and Europe the IDs are always different. Try searching for the theme, maybe you get it free, too.

Then you are probably in the US or somewhere else besides Europe. EU links almost always get converted to your store (in my case Germany) just fine, but between US and Europe the IDs are always different. Try searching for the theme, maybe you get it free, too.

I did. It's not there.
Maybe later today..

this is putting me off upgrading to the PRO...
It does, but this can be patched software side. Hopefully soon.

Does switching the HDCP to 1.4 affect anything like 4K HDR when you swap the cables back to avoid the breakout box when wanting to play something like The Last Of Us, or does it affect Netflix and Amazon Prime in HDR?

Just want to know whether changing that setting does anything negative, basically.
I'm honestly not sure. I believe HDR or 4k requires HDCP higher than 1.4? I just know setting HDCP in safe mode helped people get rid of the HMD spszzing out.

What's weird is if you disable HDCP completely in system settings it doesn't help unless you set it to 1.4 in safe mode. There's some wonkyness in system software methinks

deadfolk

Just as another datapoint for the Pro-PSVR discussion:

I have had no issues at all since Pro launch, so it's not everyone who has a problem.

DeeBatch

It does, but this can be patched software side. Hopefully soon.

I'm honestly not sure. I believe HDR or 4k requires HDCP higher than 1.4? I just know setting HDCP in safe mode helped people get rid of the HMD spszzing out.

What's weird is if you disable HDCP completely in system settings it doesn't help unless you set it to 1.4 in safe mode. There's some wonkyness in system software methinks

Correct HDR won't work with HDCP 1.4 also needed for 4k streaming.

Sometimes I see random white dots towards the edges of the screen. Almost as if the scene is being rendered?
Sounds like sparklies to me. Please tell me more about your HDMI chain. Cables, devices, switches, etc. From the limited information, I'd say you're getting a signal drop-off somewhere.

No. I've posted my findings after a few days of testing earlier in the thread. Multiple HDMI cables from low end cheap garbage to high end bs. Even swapped a bunch of shit like switches and splitters in the chain in various places with and without the below temporary workaround
I haven't seen anything in the past 200 posts, so a link would be mighty helpful. Not saying I didn't miss it, but still.

I want to know, do these issues happen with the PS4 Pro hooked up to the Processing Unit and nothing else. Remove the TV out cable completely from the PU. If it winds up still happening, with the HDCP 1.4 workaround as a fix, then the issues is surely with the Pro.

In regards to HDCP 2.2, it's completely independent of HDMI 2.0a. I like to think of HDCP as no different than a VPN tunnel; it just ensures the data passing between the two devices is uncompromised. I'd hazard to say that HDMI 2.0a doesn't require HDCP 1.4, but that's just a hypothesis.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I have no idea why NBA 2KVR has got no motion feature on PSVR

PSVR version
BgQYrW.gif

HTC Vive version
Z4p9z8.gif

ElNino

Shut down PS4
Boot to safe mode
Last option is HDCP
Change it to 1.4 from auto
Accept and reboot
Enjoy
I did this last week when you posted it originally (thanks btw), and while I thought it had resolved my issues, I had the audio drop outs come back when playing Batman over the weekend.

I checked again (thinking maybe the 4.06 update reverted the option back) but I still have 1.4 selected instead of Auto. Hopefully Sony can figure it out sooner rather than later.

Sounds like sparklies to me. Please tell me more about your HDMI chain. Cables, devices, switches, etc. From the limited information, I'd say you're getting a signal drop-off somewhere.

I haven't seen anything in the past 200 posts, so a link would be mighty helpful. Not saying I didn't miss it, but still.

I want to know, do these issues happen with the PS4 Pro hooked up to the Processing Unit and nothing else. Remove the TV out cable completely from the PU. If it winds up still happening, with the HDCP 1.4 workaround as a fix, then the issues is surely with the Pro.

In regards to HDCP 2.2, it's completely independent of HDMI 2.0a. I like to think of HDCP as no different than a VPN tunnel; it just ensures the data passing between the two devices is uncompromised. I'd hazard to say that HDMI 2.0a doesn't require HDCP 1.4, but that's just a hypothesis.
Start with post 12464 - on mobile at the moment so I won't botch a link. There's a few more posts on my tests following it.

I didn't test without the output from the PU. I wanted to but the 1.4 did it for me 99% of the time. I have splitters and switches I removed, added, swapped and placed them in different spots in the chain both to and from the PU.

I tested with both an OG and Pro and the OG was always flawless regardless of how I setup the chain.

Interestingly enough I never have issues with playing normally because the splitter (used for external cap card since the Elgato passthrough sucks) and that strips HDCP so I never notice issues with playing normally. I use a 1080p BenQ gaming monitor. My entire gaming space between consoles and PC is consolidated so I can easily click to swap inputs to play whatever in my game space. This includes devkits which also function flawlessly.

I'm assuming it's an issue with Pro-specific software. If it is an HDCP issue this can be patched, methinks.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hurry up on the store update, Sony! I want to try Holoball.

I had an average size Vive play area (8 feet by 8 feet) and it wasn't big enough to play Holoball.

It's incredibly active and needs a big area. Be very careful, I almost broke my finger by slamming it into a wall while playing.

Planet

I have no idea why NBA 2KVR has got no motion feature on PSVR
Considering the inaccuracy of Move I think they tried and failed to make it fun with those. After trying and misrably failing Skeeball in Sportsbar VR, I think they might have made the right decision.

Move is fine when high precision is not needed, you smooth out the positional readings and make the gameplay tasks allign generously. But when you want the player to have granular control over a ball, that just doesn't work out. You either make it impossible or way too easy.

Considering the inaccuracy of Move I think they tried and failed to make it fun with those. After trying and misrably failing Skeeball in Sportsbar VR, I think they might have made the right decision.

Move is fine when high precision is not needed, you smooth out the positional readings and make the gameplay tasks allign generously. But when you want the player to have granular control over a ball, that just doesn't work out. You either make it impossible or way too easy.

Carnival Games VR does it just fine (also a 2K game), don't see why they wouldn't just throw it in there.

They just lost a sale unless they patch it in.

MaDKaT

I had an average size Vive play area (8 feet by 8 feet) and it wasn't big enough to play Holoball.

It's incredibly active and needs a big area. Be very careful, I almost broke my finger by slamming it into a wall while playing.

Also watch overhead objects like lamps/ceiling fans lol. Have a lower ceiling in my office and almost took out the light under my ceiling fan. And use your wrist straps. Great game, hope it works well on PSVR.

goonergaz

Yeah, the inaccuracy in Rush is a game killer. Not. Also, it was fine with the ping pong game so...

So what's volume like? I see it's in the sale so...

Amazing game like an old school sleath game, really clever (& funny in places) story. However need to walk about to enjoy the VR otherwise makes it harder to play. Easy plat also and cross buy on vita. I would reccomend the game highly at full price but not really for the VR in my experience if you have more space than me could be really cool though.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Yah i think thats the case. Fortunately motion support is still in Vive and maybe Rift version

Planet

Try Pixel Gear
Yeah, the inaccuracy in Rush is a game killer. Not.
Pointing is way easier than 3D movement to give a ball direction and speed. Especially with throwing a ball by holding it up to your face, you would screw the headset tracking all the time - try it in any game! Hold both moves right up to your face and see the world shaking.
Also, it was fine with the ping pong game so...
What ping pong? I also didn't try Carnival 3D yet, it is on my "wait for a sale" list. Can't just buy everything outright.

I am not trying to say Move is bad, but it would be dishonest not to say Vive controllers are way more precise. And that may have made all the difference here.

goonergaz

Pointing is way easier than 3D movement to give a ball direction and speed. Especially with throwing a ball by holding it up to your face, you would screw the headset tracking all the time - try it in any game! Hold both moves right up to your face and see the world shaking.

What ping pong? I also didn't try Carnival 3D yet, it is on my "wait for a sale" list. Can't just buy everything outright.

I am not trying to say Move is bad, but it would be dishonest not to say Vive controllers are way more precise. And that may have made all the difference here.

I was talking about the move sports game with ping pong, that was really accurate, it may have been clever programming or whatever, but I never had any issues and played many games.

As for the shaking, maybe it's the lack of activity that might be causing issues - I know it's not perfect but I do think it's good enough and there's plenty of examples to prove that and software is probably making 'bad' examples.

My only complaint is the drifting, and that's not move related.

Imo it is not ''Moves issue'' but camera's issue.

When Moves are near the headset, camera get ''confused''. So when NBA2K VR announced I was pretty sure that they couldn't overtake this problem, as basketball requires your hands near your face.
On the other hand headmaster has absolutely perfect headtracking(we need only the headtracking in this game).

In terms of tracking, headset is perfect, moves and dualshock are good and camera is garbage.

goonergaz

He probably means Sports Champions on PS3.

Also in Sports Champions there was a disc golf game that does exactly that and it worked very well on good old PS3. So I doubt the lack of Move integration in NB2K has much to do with the Move itself.

yes, the disk throwing was also awesome

Imo it is not ''Moves issue'' but camera's issue.

When Moves are near the headset, camera get ''confused''. So when NBA2K VR announced I was pretty sure that they couldn't overtake this problem, as basketball requires your hands near your face.
On the other hand headmaster has absolutely perfect headtracking(we need only the headtracking in this game).

In terms of tracking, headset is perfect, moves and dualshock are good and camera is garbage.

good point

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Holoball, Gary and Pinball are out on the US store.

30% discount for holo, 10$ instead of 15$

Definitely picking up Holoball.

Flandy

worth it.

Also 10% off coupon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318748
edit: Might want to hold off for a possible Black Friday flash sale?

Holoball, Gary and Pinball are out on the US store.

30% discount for holo, 10$ instead of 15$

Definitely picking up Holoball.

aaaaand bought

Proton Pulse Plus is also up
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...plus/cid=UP0711-CUSA06581_00-ZTPROTONPU201601
Looks good? Only $10 too

Lan_97

Great prices on Bound, Holoball, and Proton Pulse. I'll hold off to see what other games come along before the coupon expires, but I really want to play these tonight.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yesssssssss, Holoball seems really fun based on the first round. Tracking and visual feedback are ace. Awesome! Put the stupid VR grin on my face again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom