• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDC1

I have been doing this all day today, the two best responses have been VR Worlds and Until Dawn. If I have to demonstrate it one more time I think I'm gonna explode though. Going to pick up Keep Talking so there is something a bit more sociable.

There is a sale on some PSVR titles at the moment on EU/UK PSN. Only noticed EVE:V, Headmaster, Thumper and Harmonix currently. Edit: There is a lot more.

Yes, Rigs, Battlezone, Eve, Driveclub and more, a lot of PSVR games are in sale right now in Europe!

nampad

Thank god I waited for a sale. Sadly, not so many PSVR games got a discount but I wanted to buy Headmaster before and the Thumper discount might push me to buy it.
I really hoped for Job Simulator but unfortunately it did not get any discount. Wayward Sky would also have been nice.

Thank god I waited for a sale. Sadly, not so many PSVR games got a discount but I wanted to buy Headmaster before and the Thumper discount might push me to buy it.
I really hoped for Job Simulator but unfortunately it did not get any discount. Wayward Sky would also have been nice.

May I ask what sale you're referring to?

Stillmatic

Wanna showcase PSVR to my 37 years old brother tomorrow, and I got Driveclub, RIGS, Tumble, VR Worlds and Sports Bar.
What's the best choice? He isn't into games at all.
I've had a lot of friends and family try my PSVR and the thing that fits best for this is the Ocean Decent game in VR Worlds. Most of them were non gamers and with this they don't have to worry about the controller at all, just look around and experience something they never have. It's a slow demo, but by the time they get to the shark they'll be pretty impressed. Just get them to try different things, like stand/move around/look over the edge. From there you can offer up other games. I'd go either Tumble or VR Worlds again with London Heist or Danger Ball.

Burglekutt

Wanna showcase PSVR to my 37 years old brother tomorrow, and I got Driveclub, RIGS, Tumble, VR Worlds and Sports Bar.
What's the best choice? He isn't into games at all.

The worst thing anyone can do while demoing VR is make people sick from the get go. Then they will give up and not come back, Start with low intensity demos(from a VR sickness standpoint) like ocean descent, london heist, or the kitchen. then slowly move up the VR chain.

valeu

aw man. finally finished downloading star wars battlefield, clicked on vr mission to download it, and it's not available in my country yet. at least i have it for later....

there are only three types of psvr games that i can get:
1) games that are released that you can play with or without psvr where the psvr is already built into the game: rez, thumper
2) games where a psvr element is added via a patch: volume, trackmania turbo, bound
3) psvr games on disk

games where a psvr element is added via dlc don't work here: star wars, super stardust vr

so i have resident evil 7 to look forward to in a few weeks. or maybe i'll get GNOG if that comes out soon

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I have been doing this all day today, the two best responses have been VR Worlds and Until Dawn. If I have to demonstrate it one more time I think I'm gonna explode though. Going to pick up Keep Talking so there is something a bit more sociable.

There is a sale on some PSVR titles at the moment on EU/UK PSN. Only noticed EVE:V, Headmaster, Thumper and Harmonix currently. Edit: There is a lot more.

Is there a full list of PSVR games on sales now for EU and US?

Is there a full list of PSVR games on sales now for EU and US?

This is EU:

PlayStation VR Worlds
EVE: Valkyrie (plus Founder’s Pack)
DRIVECLUB VR
Thumper
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Sports Bar VR
Headmaster
Battlezone
Gunjack
The Assembly
Harmonix Music VR
100ft Robot Golf

Is there anything I can do with one (a single) PS Move?

A friend let me borrow hers, then couldn't find one of them. I had to say thanks anyway :)

But I don't think it'll be any good. I'm mostly interested in Harmonix, I thought I may as well ask.

deadfolk

Driveclub VR is discounted to the same price as it usually costs if you have the season pass, but the season pass version isn't discounted at all.

Sucks.

Mendrox

A friend let me borrow hers, then couldn't find one of them. I had to say thanks anyway :)

But I don't think it'll be any good. I'm mostly interested in Harmonix, I thought I may as well ask.

Harmonix afaik works with only move controller. Everything else...not or rather nothing else comes to my mind except for Tumble which should also work with one.

Driveclub VR is discounted to the same price as it usually costs if you have the season pass, but the season pass version isn't discounted at all.

Sucks.

Got my retail copy this week and the demo from the Demo is a joke compared to the normal version. Driveclub VR is a killer app with the full version and I don't even like racing games.

Pixel Gear is one Move Controller only.
Game isn't very good but the tracking is like Top 3 on PSVR.
It's also dirt cheap

Got my retail copy this week and the demo from the Demo is a joke compared to the normal version. Driveclub VR is a killer app with the full version and I don't even like racing games.

Driveclub and EVE: Valkyrie are both examples where demos possibly hurt sales. They do give a good sense for a player if they would be able to handle it but not indicative of the final game.

Glix

HOLOBALL!!!

So I've got a £25 Amazon voucher as a gift and with the PSVR games going for £25 I'm gonna pick up another game, might as well for free. But what not sure which to pick up out of:

EVE: Valkyrie, Robinson (both £25 at the moment) or Eagle Flight (not £25 but only a few £ extra)

Any recommendations on these games ?

I'm leaning towards Eagle Flight, as it seems like it will have the most value out of the 3.

Definitely need 2, won't be able to open up the palette otherwise.
And Easel is absolutely the best part of the game.
Fair enough. That's the bit I was interested in. I'll leave it for now - it's an open question when I will get Moves. They surely have to get back down to reasonable prices and stock levels at some point.

I've seen this multiple times, but don't understand it. I was super excited for the game, but played the demo and my hype was gone. What is so different about the full game?

Man what the hell is up with the knife throwing in Lethal VR? It consistently goes too far to the left. Can't hit shit. This is broken. Lame because it was fun until the knife shit started happening.

Another one bringing VR to X-Mas this year. I'm a little anxious about it.
Ocean Descent and the Kitchen are obvious but what else to get a wow out of people. Oh I'll probably give someone a whirl at London Heist.
I've never played anything in Playroom VR except for the platformer. Are the other games any good? What kind of controllers do I need for it?
Was thinking about Everyone Talks and Nobody Explodes but is that too much for non gamers? Should I print out the giant manual?
Ugh! This was my wife's bright idea.

Glix

Ocean Descent and the Kitchen are obvious but what else to get a wow out of people. Oh I'll probably give someone a whirl at London Heist.
I've never played anything in Playroom VR except for the platformer. Are the other games any good? What kind of controllers do I need for it?
Was thinking about Everyone Talks and Nobody Explodes but is that too much for non gamers? Should I print out the giant manual?

If you don't mind dropping 10 bucks, Perfect is great for non gamers.

chippy13

I just tried Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with friends last night and it's a blast. Going to try it out with family this weekend as it was a lot of laughs.

In playroom vr the western one is a great family Co Op one. The non vr player has to describe a bandit which the vr player has to shoot. Was great fun with me as the vr player and my wife and mother in law using the tv. You only need a DualShock as well.

Batman is a pretty good one for non gamers and I quite often chapter select to the car section of London Heist for occasional gamers. (my mate is one who has a ps3 and maybe goes on it 3 times a year)

Edit: Just a random thought but has there been any news on the Paranormal Activity game??? I know resident evil is coming but need more vr horror. (dreadhalls) looks pretty cool but no release date yet either as far as I know

oatmeal

Banned
I just tried Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with friends last night and it's a blast. Going to try it out with family this weekend as it was a lot of laughs.
Yeah this is probably my favorite VR experience, which is odd to say but I only say it because of how many groups I have played with that all loved it.

And it's the rare mini game game that gets better the more you understand it and play it.

Tailzo

Pixel Gear is one Move Controller only.
Game isn't very good but the tracking is like Top 3 on PSVR.
It's also dirt cheap
I sent a tweet to the developers because it's not up on the norwegian psn. They said it was a mistake.I still can't find it 2 weeks later.

Harmonix afaik works with only move controller. Everything else...not or rather nothing else comes to my mind except for Tumble which should also work with one.

But did the demo make you feel sick?

Driveclub and EVE: Valkyrie are both examples where demos possibly hurt sales. They do give a good sense for a player if they would be able to handle it but not indicative of the final game.
So the full game would also make me sick (it's the only VR game that have ever made me sick)

I'm about to pull the PSVR trigger. What games should I get that are like EVE Valkyre? (space or sci-fi games)

Gunjack is like a small turret-based side game of the main game of Eve, or so I've heard.

What is so much better or different between the demo and full version for Driveclub VR...besides more tracks? I have the full non VR game but I've been slightly concerned with the reports from people who played the VR demo...I might be getting PSVR this Christmas and Driveclub VR had been one of my most anticipated titles...

Tailzo

What is so much better or different between the demo and full version for Driveclub VR...besides more tracks? I have the full non VR game but I've been slightly concerned with the reports from people who played the VR demo...I might be getting PSVR this Christmas and Driveclub VR had been one of my most anticipated titles...

I need this answer also. I tried the demo, it made me sick.

Hard for me to tell as I had no problems with either.

Just in case it's helpful though I always adjust the camera position in the car. (before you start race with x you can use the dpad to make slight adjustments to the view.)

I ALWAYS have it set to highest possible and furthest away and have had zero problems. One of my friends felt a bit funny with the default positioning but again had zero issues with this slight adjustment. (played non stop for an hr and a half)

I've seen this multiple times, but don't understand it. I was super excited for the game, but played the demo and my hype was gone. What is so different about the full game?

I have the full game and trust me. If you don't like the demo, don't spend your money on the full game. Sure there is more content but the feel of the game is the same. Personally I don't dislike the game but it's nothing like the regular PS4 version.

Joystick

This is EU:

PlayStation VR Worlds
EVE: Valkyrie (plus Founder’s Pack)
DRIVECLUB VR
Thumper
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Sports Bar VR
Headmaster
Battlezone
Gunjack
The Assembly
Harmonix Music VR
100ft Robot Golf

Plus:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

zoukka

Rez Area X will melt minds.

Ugh, the lack of HDR support in the VR box is annoying. I have a 4K HDR TV now, what's the best/least expensive solution to make the switching of cables less of a hassle?

valeu

what's up with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PSVR? That seems like it should have been updated already...

also, i was looking though 'digital only' games on the psn store...there are so many games that i would imagine are infrequently downloaded that could get a second life (and would be more fun) with a vr update

Ugh, the lack of HDR support in the VR box is annoying. I have a 4K HDR TV now, what's the best/least expensive solution to make the switching of cables less of a hassle?

Same wondered what was wrong with my TV to start with and then remembered the stupid VR box not passing HDR. Wonder if it's something Sony are working on, surely they weren't that short sighted to have not considered the combination?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
UK FINALLY got some stock this week and I managed to get one today. Away from my PS4 until the 28th, but now begins the impossible task of tracking down a PS Move controller.

I already have one Move, so the insane £70 twin-pack is a no deal for me. Even more absurd the £45 price I'm seeing on the single ones. To think these things were like £10 last year is maddening.

thesnowman

Neo Member
I am so looking forward to Christmas. My wife managed to snag one of the psvr starter kits back in November and it's currently staring at me under the tree. My sister has got me eagle flight and just bought batman, also downloaded all the demos.

tr00per

Yes the other games on the Playroom are great! Especially for social situations. And yes if you play keep talking with a group I'd highly recommend viewing the manual on a printout or a pdf.

Those are two great social games and I will insta buy any more games like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom