• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
We opened our gifts last night and I was pumped because I was able to set up the headset then and try it out. It gets so humid under there and causes the screen to fog every time. I don't even have it that tight on my face either. Gonna have to just keep using it and adjust I suppose.

But even with that issue, I still love it. It's so damn cool.

I do have a question though. Am I wearing it wrong if what I'm looking at is clear, but everything around the borders of what I'm seeing is slightly blurry? Was bothering me a little bit and didn't know if that was normal.

The fog used to happen to me. I could solve it really quickly by when starting up and in the xmb slide the screen furthest away just for about ten seconds. Fogging clears really quickly and doesn't return. This always works for me so might help

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Finally had a shot of Eve Valkyrie. The full game is so better then the crappy short demo. I'm really enjoying it. Dogfighting in space in VR is amazing.

KalBalboa

Banned
Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but it's a new screenshot for Megaton Rainfall, posted on the dev's blog a few days ago.

01.png

Looks pretty great!

I've been waiting for this game for ages. Hopefully it delivers!

Lagamorph

I just tried the Battlefront VR mission.

Sweet mother of god! Give me this game!!

I mean, it was still a bit blurry, even using a PS4 Pro, but I think I still need to do more to tweak the eye distance settings (Currently at 66mm but I don't think my camera is in a very good position) and I might try it again wearing my glasses (Though I'm only short sighted so up close shouldn't be too much of an issue, but it still might help) but even despite that it was just utterly amazing!!
When I got hit and my cockpit was sparking I was actually jumping! When I turned on the targeting computer I freaked out at the thing popping up next to my head! I couldn't stop looking around, everything was just so breathtaking! Battlefront is worth the price of entry for this mission alone.

If you know anyone who's on the fence about VR, let them play this. It shows that VR really should be the future of gaming.
It's not even remotely hyperbole to say that was one of my, if not the, greatest gaming experience I have had in my entire life.

zoukka

I mean, it was still a bit blurry, even using a PS4 Pro, but I think I still need to do more to tweak the eye distance settings (Currently at 66mm but I don't think my camera is in a very good position) and I might try it again wearing my glasses (Though I'm only short sighted so up close shouldn't be too much of an issue, but it still might help) but even despite that it was just utterly amazing!!
When I got hit and my cockpit was sparking I was actually jumping! When I turned on the targeting computer I freaked out at the thing popping up next to my head! I couldn't stop looking around, everything was just so breathtaking! Battlefront is worth the price of entry for this mission alone.

If you know anyone who's on the fence about VR, let them play this. It shows that VR really should be the future of gaming.
It's not even remotely hyperbole to say that was one of, if not the, greatest gaming experience I have had in my entire life.

Yeah it was immersive, too bad the actual gameplay was dull and the demo consists of 90% flying slow and listening to poor dialogue.

dimmer

From what I have tested, reducing the eye distance sharpens the image a little bit. For example, my "correct" eye distance is 62mm but setting it way below that gives just a bit better results.

Lagamorph

Yeah it was immersive, too bad the actual gameplay was dull and the demo consists of 90% flying slow and listening to poor dialogue.
I quite enjoyed the gameplay, but I'll admit that it certainly could have been better. Considering this was a free thing they put out though it's utterly amazing. Imagine what could be done with a full blown development budget!

From what I have tested, reducing the eye distance sharpens the image a little bit. For example, my "correct" eye distance is 62mm but setting it way below that gives just a bit better results.
I was speaking to someone else who has theirs set to about 53, so I might try experimenting with dropping it down to 60 then 55 and see how much of a difference it makes.

I got this for xmas and so far I've tried Eve, Driveclub VR, Thumper and the demo disc - every game has given me the same feeling after 20 mins like i'm about to feint - I get quite light headed, nauseous and my body feels heavy. Is that something I can get used to?

androvsky

I quite enjoyed the gameplay, but I'll admit that it certainly could have been better. Considering this was a free thing they put out though it's utterly amazing. Imagine what could be done with a full blown development budget!

I was speaking to someone else who has theirs set to about 53, so I might try experimenting with dropping it down to 60 then 55 and see how much of a difference it makes.
Also keep in mind that optically the VR screen is about 8 feet in front of you, so if that would be blurry for you normally try it with your glasses on.

Lagamorph

Also keep in mind that optically the VR screen is about 8 feet in front of you, so if that would be blurry for you normally try it with your glasses on.
That would make more sense that my glasses would help then actually, I completely forgot to take that into account, I was just considering it being right up close and stopped thinking there.

dyergram

That would make more sense that my glasses would help then actually, I completely forgot to take that into account, I was just considering it being right up close and stopped thinking there.
I wear glasses for normal gaming but I don't need them for vr. Also in spite of what many games press people said glasses absolutely will scratch your vr.

I wear glasses for normal gaming but I don't need them for vr. Also in spite of what many games press people said glasses absolutely will scratch your vr.

I don't need my glasses for Google Cardboard but absolutely do for PlayStation VR. Differences in the lenses and from person to person I guess.

I've worn my glasses with PlayStation VR since launch, used it almost daily and have no issues with scratched VR lenses.

Mendrox

Werewolves Within is the killer app for this thing. My parents play since three hours and cant get enough. Too funny.

I got this for xmas and so far I've tried Eve, Driveclub VR, Thumper and the demo disc - every game has given me the same feeling after 20 mins like i'm about to feint - I get quite light headed, nauseous and my body feels heavy. Is that something I can get used to?

Yeah. Maybe set the brightness down because that is the reason for many that they get tired too. But you will get used to it fast.

FeD.nL

Yup, had the same. Started out with Eve and that was a mistake. Imo I think Batman/Wayward Sky are the best games to start out with. Atleast they were for me.

Yeah. Maybe set the brightness down because that is the reason for many that they get tired too. But you will get used to it fast.

Yup, had the same. Started out with Eve and that was a mistake. Imo I think Batman/Wayward Sky are the best games to start out with. Atleast they were for me.

good to know! guess its just bringing myself to try it again - sadly Arkham VR is a bit steep for me price wise, maybe i'll have to make an exception.

edit: gave rigs a go because its the only other game i have - jesus h christ i feel awful

Plasma

Banned
Any impressions on Fruit Ninja VR and Lethal VR? I'm also torn on swapping out one of those games for Carnival Games VR.

Lethal VR is pretty short and the only replay value it has it trying to get a better score which was a bit disappointing. I think the least they should have done for that game was allow you to replay the levels with whatever gun you wanted but you can't even do that, guns like the Magnum and the Robocop pistol are only usable in one level.

bumpkin

Going off recommendations in the thread, I decided to bite on Wayward Sky last night. I thought the demo was neat, I just wasn't sold on the game until I heard some of the glowing feedback here. I actually only meant to play it for a little bit, but didn't end up putting it down until I beat it (about 5 hours or so). I got all of the primary collectibles (wind chimes), but have some of the robot part pods to track down. All in all, a very enjoyable little romp. I would complain that I wish it were longer, but it didn't overstay its welcome or drag out the story with unnecessary twists or turns. Much different than a lot of games these days.

At any rate, definitely on my recommendation list for others now! Just make sure you have a Move controller. I feel like it's way better that way.

I second this advice for Ipd. The calibration gives me a 60 - 63 but after tinkering and experimenting for over a month I found 55 or 56 to be the perfect no strain, great 3d spot for my eyes. It's worth experimenting with and there should be an easier, faster way to adjust it.

Oh yeah, definitely pull the brightness of the screen down a bit too. It's probably stabbing your eyes.

I second this advice for Ipd. The calibration gives me a 60 - 63 but after tinkering and experimenting for over a month I found 55 or 56 to be the perfect no strain, great 3d spot for my eyes. It's worth experimenting with and there should be an easier, faster way to adjust it.

Oh yeah, definitely pull the brightness of the screen down a bit too. It's probably stabbing your eyes.

Yeah that ipd calibration needs to get better and should be manually adjustable with some real time VR test environment.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Got a PSVR for x-mas. Id never experienced any VR prior to yesterday and its surpassed my expectations. The only bummer is having to sit so close to the camera. Ive got a good sized basement where I game with a nice 7.1 setup so sitting so close to the front speakers takes me out of the audio sweet spot. But its not the end of the world.

Im sort of surprised by the gulf in visuals from one game to the next. Even among the major studios. I thought Resident Evil looked incredible while Driveclub looks like a Wii game. I thought the mansion in Tomb Raider was impressive as well.

ImmortalStyle

Neo Member
Going off recommendations in the thread, I decided to bite on Wayward Sky last night. I thought the demo was neat, I just wasn't sold on the game until I heard some of the glowing feedback here. I actually only meant to play it for a little bit, but didn't end up putting it down until I beat it (about 5 hours or so). I got all of the primary collectibles (wind chimes), but have some of the robot part pods to track down. All in all, a very enjoyable little romp. I would complain that I wish it were longer, but it didn't overstay its welcome or drag out the story with unnecessary twists or turns. Much different than a lot of games these days.

At any rate, definitely on my recommendation list for others now! Just make sure you have a Move controller. I feel like it's way better that way.

I finally gave it a go as well. It looks really good and the ambience is terrific. My biggest complaint is that they basically solve most of the puzzles for you through hints during game play. I mean, the puzzles themselves are mostly simple to begin with, why give the answers unprompted? I came into the game with the impression that the puzzles were not very difficult, but its a little too much in that direction IMHO. For example, you click on a robot and the game tells you exactly what pipe to put him in. Even the most trivial puzzles like a wheel turning valve display a ghostly hand turning it the correct direction as if asking players to solve this dilemma by themselves would be too much to ask.

I still enjoyed it for other reasons like the fantastic game world they created, but I found that the simplicity of the puzzle solving, or lack there of puzzle solving, in what is basically a puzzle solving game, definitely made the overall experience less enjoyable for me.

Shoeless

Got a PSVR for x-mas. Id never experienced any VR prior to yesterday and its surpassed my expectations. The only bummer is having to sit so close to the camera. Ive got a good sized basement where I game with a nice 7.1 setup so sitting so close to the front speakers takes me out of the audio sweet spot. But its not the end of the world.

Im sort of surprised by the gulf in visuals from one game to the next. Even among the major studios. I thought Resident Evil looked incredible while Driveclub looks like a Wii game. I thought the mansion in Tomb Raider was impressive as well.

If you're not playing with others anyway, I'd suggest trying PS VR with wired headphones. Then your audio sweet spot won't matter. You get positional, binaural 3D audio that way that will actually react to the changes in your head position and direction. For full immersion, that's a much more effective way to play, especially in cockpit style games, where you'll be able to hear enemies above, below and behind you.

PSVR is really intended to be used with headphones/IEMs. That's the only way to experience the 3D binaural audio, and it's awesome. Have you at least tried it with the included earbuds?

Mendrox

Noo you are missing the best part...the 3D audio! Please play with headphones - always. It's a day and night difference.

ckohler

Noo you are missing the best part...the 3D audio! Please play with headphones - always. It's a day and night difference.
Also, you must plug the headphones into the PSVR headset otherwise you won't get the 3D audio. I think some people don't realize this.

Yep. Headphones are a must. The output from the PS4 to the processing unit is object-based audio, which the PU processes to create binaural audio using the position data from the headset.

I assume that the audio in the HDMI feed from the PU to the amp/TV is relatively low-quality: I'd have to check, but I doubt the PS4 is pushing a 7.1 bitstream or LPCM feed down the HDMI to the PU alongside the positional audio feed!

Also, any game with asymmetric multiplayer is going to be sending audio for the TV point-of-view to the speakers, which (surround sound or not) is unlikely to be for the same position as the VR player.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I just tried some headphones and no, the 7.1 speakers are more convincing. Resident Evil even gives options for wide dynamic range, the sounds of squeaking wood floors, to doors closing to the wind are all more convincing on my speakers. Also, it still takes into account which direction you're looking, the 3d effect is still there.

I just tried some headphones and no, the 7.1 speakers are more convincing. Resident Evil even gives options for wide dynamic range, the sounds of squeaking wood floors, to doors closing to the wind are all more convincing on my speakers. Also, it still takes into account which direction you're looking, the 3d effect is still there.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing too, so far. Haven't made the comparison to headphones, but coming from PC VR this is something I'm really enjoying.

I might even recalibrate my speakers to make the sweet spot where I have been sitting for VR. The headphones are great from when I tried it at a friends, but like I said, I love having the option to use my 7.1 speakers, and I like that it centers the audio based on the camera position and not the headset position, so that positional audio remains accurate.

BTails

Picked up Rigs, Batman, and Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate edition when I was out today. Can't wait to get some VR time tonight once my daughter goes to bed! Rigs demo yesterday had me grinning from ear to ear, that's the one I'm most excited for.

nampad

Finally got my parents to try VR. My dad loved it, my mum was hyper critical and only managed half of the shark attack in ocean descent! Was always odds on that she would find something she'd dislike about it though. Apparently it was making her eyes hurt, which can happen after hours of use, not 5 bloody minutes!

Got Eagle Flight and love it, the leader boards are way too easy to top though, I sense somethings not quite right with them or its been selling abysmally.

Just to explain the reasoning behind this a little, the VR processor unit is creating the 3D audio feed, so in order for the Golds to work wirelessly there would need to be a USB port on the processor unit and it would need to sacrifice some of the SoC's computation for interfacing with the Golds dongle. I'm sure it was looked into, these things generally aren't just oversights where it's not even thought about, it usually comes down to money or performance (usually money :p)

My brother and brother in law got nauseous/eye strain pretty quickly too. It really depends on the people I guess.
Both were pretty open to the PSVR so they were not biased against it too.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
dimmer said:
From what I have tested, reducing the eye distance sharpens the image a little bit.
Ipd has nothing to do with image sharpness, it affects perceived scale of the world. There are released games already that manipulate ipd internally to change your perspective of the world, sometimes setting it into 10s of meters. Obviously image sharpness remains untouched.

bumpkin

I finally gave it a go as well. It looks really good and the ambience is terrific. My biggest complaint is that they basically solve most of the puzzles for you through hints during game play. I mean, the puzzles themselves are mostly simple to begin with, why give the answers unprompted? I came into the game with the impression that the puzzles were not very difficult, but its a little too much in that direction IMHO. For example, you click on a robot and the game tells you exactly what pipe to put him in. Even the most trivial puzzles like a wheel turning valve display a ghostly hand turning it the correct direction as if asking players to solve this dilemma by themselves would be too much to ask.

I still enjoyed it for other reasons like the fantastic game world they created, but I found that the simplicity of the puzzle solving, or lack there of puzzle solving, in what is basically a puzzle solving game, definitely made the overall experience less enjoyable for me.
Yeah, I agree that there was a bit too much hand holding with the puzzles. On the other hand, I hate when games don't make the rules clear of what can go where or interact with what, so in some ways, saving me the frustration was nice. I don't know if you've played The Last Guardian, but that game annoyed the crap out of me with how hands-off it was with explanations. I do think there is a happy medium though.

dimmer

Ipd has nothing to do with image sharpness, it affects perceived scale of the world. There are released games already that manipulate ipd internally to change your perspective of the world, sometimes setting it into 10s of meters. Obviously image sharpness remains untouched.

You are correct pointing out that the purpose of lpd is not about sharpness, but it has an effect on it. Try it for yourself by simply setting it first at 85mm, load tumble vr, pick a cube, bring it in front of you and focus on the small text box it pops up. Then set the lpd to 50mm and repeat the test. You have to see a small change in sharpness. I do.

What you don't understand is that positional audio is relative to you wearing headphones in VR, meaning:

If you look left, your right ear will hear what is the right of where you are looking, if you used 7.1 speakers, the speakers cannot turn with you meaning if you look left, the sound that should be to the right of your FOV is now behind you.

This is simple, really. You are breaking immersion. Forget the loud bass, the overpowered amps, get a good set of flat cans and you want to be able to hear NUANCE directionally correct, not hot garbage that gives incorrect audio positioning.

So, I've had PSVR for a day, and haven't had a chance to try out all the demos or the games I picked up yet, but I wanted to hammer out my thoughts on the platform, coming from someone that had a HMZ-T1, DK1, DK2, The Rift, Gear VR and who has probably had about 6 hours using a Vive.

First, it's interesting comparing this to the HMZ-T1, which for those that don't know was Sony's recent head mounted display that came out four or so years ago if I remember right and was the first head mounted display I bought.

That wasn't a VR headset, but it did support stereoscopic imagery and Sony did use it in their initial experiments in VR development, leading into the PSVR. It's much smaller. It has two discrete OLED displays, one for each eye. The optics on the HMZ, that was close to $1000, are no where near as good as the optics on the PSVR, but the screens seem to have much better contrast and much better blacks than PSVR.

The HMZ is a little lighter, but not nearly by as much as you'd expect given the bulk of the PSVR headset. The HMZ has built in headphones, that aren't great, but as with the Rift, built in headphones are a huge and worthwhile convenience. That said, I was very happy how using the PSVR without headphones works.

As different as the headsets are, you can see the same design language in them, which I find interesting, and both in theory try to put the bulk of the weight on your forehead, counter balanced by a strap that goes under (or over and under) the back of your head. The point of contact has been massively increased, thank god, because the HMZ used to give me fierce headaches if I wore it for more than an hour, and the PSVR is light years more comfortable to wear than it.

20161226_161956mrsho.jpg

That ghetto top strap, is something I glued onto my HMZ to try and improve comfort, which it fortunately did, but not nearly by as much as I hoped.

Comparing the comfort and build quality of this to the other VR headsets then, I'd put it a close second in comfort to the Oculus Rift. I can wear it for hours at a time without getting neck strain or a headache... an absolute must for a headset. I love the soft textured cushions that allow breathability while giving it a snug and comfortable fit. Looking straight down, the headset doesn't move as I would sometimes find the Rift doing.

Where the Rift had it beaten was that once you have the Rift sized to your head, putting it on and taking it off is a simple, single movement. This has more to it, but once it's on I find it quite comfortable.

I'm used to light leak from the nose gap in the Rift, so the light leak here isn't an issue for me. I love the soft facial interface, and the convenience of being able to slide the screen out to better see your surroundings or have something to eat or drink is another major plus here. This is the easiest headset to drink out of a can without taking off. Perhaps something people might think is a strange thing to point out, but it's something I take advantage of.

The screens and optics were the nicest surprise. Both are very good. The optics might actually be the best out of the VR headsets. No haloing. You do get some chromatic aberration, but it looks to be on a similar level as to the other headsets (I can never seem to totally eliminate it on any headset no matter how much I reposition them). The sweet spot and amount of the screen in focus is large, about what I remember from my Rift. Field of view is below the Vive, but still at a place I'm more than happy with coming from the Rift.

The screen's reduced resolution is, as I'd hoped, mostly mitigated by the sub pixel situation. Pixel fill rate is nice and high, and I definitely don't miss the pentile sub pixel layout of the Rift and Vive. Black levels seem slightly worse though, and it seems to have more of a static white noise type of image when staring at 'black' pixels than the other two headsets. For a headset that's half the price, I didn't expect it to come so close to the premium headsets in terms of panel quality. It's got a good panel, and great optics, adding up to an overall experience that's definitely in the same ball park as the other headsets.

Headset tracking is solid within eight or so feet, but it really starts to swim beyond that, meaning I can't sit on my couch with the camera on the TV and get a comfortable experience. Controller tracking becomes an issue after something more like five feet.

That said, I haven't had a chance to go hands on with Oculus's touch controllers. Most of my motion controller gaming was done on a Razer Hydra, and these have that comfortably beaten. They certainly don't have the millimeter accuracy of the Vive controllers and most of the games I've tried they haven't felt 1:1, but I think the issues with the move wands have been exaggerated by people comparing them to the high end tracking solutions HTC and Oculus have put together.

These work adequately for many gameplay scenarios from what I've tested, and as mentioned, are leaps and bounds ahead of the Razer Hydra. It's definitely an area where PSVR falls behind the other high end platforms, but it's far from a deal breaker. When a game offers support for them, they beat using the dual shock in all the titles I've tried so far. London Heist had close to 1:1 tracking and the accuracy I was able to achieve using them convinced me that they were good enough for most things.

However, for something like job simulator, standing as far from the camera as the game told me to, I found them to be much less accurate than I could really tolerate, and didn't really enjoy that game as a result. London Heist has me itching to pick up I Expect You to Die, which based on the PC demo I played, should work really well with the move controllers. I'm a little nervous about how Batman is going to work, which I've picked up, but I'll try it later.

Quality of experiences have been good. The first thing I tried was Zen Pinball VR, which I've put hours into on PC. The quality of the graphics on my PS4 Pro (not sure if the game has any pro support) are about what I remember them on PC. Maybe slightly lower resolution, but I'm not sure if that's the rendering resolution or the panels. Eitherway, while I could increase the downsampling on PC, I couldn't push it much higher than the default without the game dropping frames once multiball got going. This was a stable sixty even as things got hectic. It's the game I remember from PC without any major downgrades (again other than perhaps a resolution reduction).

RE7 Demo looks fantastic. All in, all considered, by far the best looking VR game I've yet played. I wish the player cast a shadow, but that's a small nitpick. Definitely felt that the lower rendering resolution of the Kitchen demo represented a serious downgrade, over running Beginning Hour on a Pro. On a Pro, you can tell you're playing a lower resolution VR game, but all the effects they've put together added up to a fantastic atmosphere. There is no doubt in my mind that Capcom have built the RE engine, and every environment in the game for VR. Absolutely amazing work, and I can't believe I'll be playing a AAA full length VR title in my favorite franchise in just a few weeks.

London Heist is brilliant. I very much hope they expand on it into a full game. All the little easter eggs you can achieve by playing with the environment and the clever way it uses positional audio and the microphone in the headset is great stuff. Ocean Descent I wish was more of a game (as it was when they first demoed it where you head a flare gun). The frame interpolation is a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping the effect would be less obvious, but turning around to track the shark as it swims around the cage definitely made the effect very obvious. It made the shark look almost like it was vibrating, and it made me feel like my eyes weren't properly working as I couldn't bring it into focus. Keeping my head still, it works really well. Turning my head in a static environment it works well. But moving your head in a moving environment is definitely where the seams really show up.

The shining star so far has been Playroom VR. Its amazing. My wife who has never 'just' had fun while wearing a VR headset loved it, and loves how comfortable the PSVR headset is. As someone who was a huge Nintendoland fan, than Sony have basically made their own Nintendoland for this thing, is hugely appreciated. Cat and Mouse is severely lacking in depth and strategy, but just the joy of playing as a mouse and watching the cat player's movements and voice transferred to the robot cat in the game is an utter joy. The Kaiju / Power Rangers game is much more replayable, and there's little I've done in VR as enjoyable as dodging pianos, crates and missiles as the monster, while mocking them in that stupid high pitched voice. Robot Rescue reminded me a lot of Lucky's Tale. I'd love to see that developed into a full title. I really liked that they gave the headset wearer a physical presence. It's cool in Lucky's tale when he looks at you and waves, but it's cooler to see the big robot's shadow, and see it crashing through the world to keep up with the little robot. Most Wanted seems potentially fun once it gets more difficult, but we only played the first couple of difficulties so far. But that hat brim is such a simple and effective detail. I really felt like I was wearing a hat!

Hopefully this isn't going to be a Nintendoland, or augmented reality on 3DS type of proof of concept thing where no other games really use these capabilities, because they're absolutely onto something here. I love Keep Talking, but these asynchronous mini games with two separate scales or views of the world are incredibly charming and something I can't wait to have people over to play again. I'm really impressed that the PS4 can push an experience like this.

All in all, the PS4 pro seems to be doing what an entry level VR PC (GTX 970 ish) can do with a Rift. That's really impressive. $900 all in is still an expensive entry into the world of VR for anyone without a PS4, but to get an appropriate PC, head set, and motion controller setup, would set you back in the ball park of $1700.

Granted you'll have better motion controls, but that's really the only area where I think PSVR falls behind. The software line up so far is great, certainly on par if not better than what you've got for PC.

I absolutely still plan on buying a Vive sometime next year, but my couple of months with VR have been tough, and PSVR has come along and really impressed me with the quality of it's headset and the quality of the titles I've played or tried the demos for.

In a parallel dimension, I didn't sell my Rift and I picked up Touch controllers. I'm sure I'm very happy in that dimension. But I'm definitely happy here in this one.

Oh, I almost didn't mention it. Rush of Blood could do with 1:1 tracking like London Heist pulls off, but it's an absolute blast even with the motion controls it has. What a fantastic game that thing is.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
What you don't understand is that positional audio is relative to you wearing headphones in VR, meaning:

If you look left, your right ear will hear what is the right of where you are looking, if you used 7.1 speakers, the speakers cannot turn with you meaning if you look left, the sound that should be to the right of your FOV is now behind you.

This is simple, really. You are breaking immersion. Forget the loud bass, the overpowered amps, get a good set of flat cans and you want to be able to hear NUANCE directionally correct, not hot garbage that gives incorrect audio positioning.

And what you're not understanding is when I turn my head, not the camera, this is still be acounted for and the volume and effects are being changed on the fly from all aplicable speakers. Its working no different than it does with headphones. And on MY setup, its working better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom