• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
[*]I hate earbuds, and the design prevents me from using normal headphones. Yuck. Having to deal with these totally negates the convenience of the eyepiece. They do sound fine, at least.

I've tried Sennheiser 579s and JVC HA-S500s and they both fit fine.

ffvorax

Bought Robinson: The Journey.

I have played in VR for hours at a time with no problem, but Robinson was instant motion sickness for me. I had to lay down for awhile afterward. My friend tried and lasted about 2 minutes before he felt bad (less tolerance that I do)

I dont know what it is about the game. I think its the turning mechanic but im not sure. Is the game worth playing? i mostly bought it for the environments.

I was able to play 30-45m before feeling a bit sick, so it's actually a bit heavy... I used the standard controls already set in the game, and I was able to finish it at the end. Worth it.
So maybe try in short sessions, try not to move too much with strafing... when a game also make me feel sick I try to play not seated and also to walk on my position a bit, or just simulate movement at the beginning... it's stupid but works.. .XD

R0n1n

Neo Member
Perhaps technically you could say a lot about what the psvr lacks, but I'll be damned if it doesn't have the aesthetics down. Beautiful piece of hardware.

CHRuQnr.jpg

Hasney

Since I barely watch movies, I need to get a 3D blu-ray at some point and actually work out what I want to watch.

Just not fucking Avatar.

antibolo

Banned
3D BD support in 4.50 is awesome news! I never owned a 3D-compatible TV so I never had the occasion to watch 3D BDs. I'd love to see Avatar in 3D again.

Maligna

Banned
Any time I try to record myself playing Werewolves Within with the share button it records everything except for the sound of me talking. The people in the game hear me fine but when I play the clip back the video doesn't contain my audio.

Is this a known issue? Kind of makes recording WW games pointless.

j-wood

So...I just bought a headset only. Target had one pop up for in store pick up, I hope it's not a return.

I have resident evil 7, star wars battlefront, and infinite warfare.

What should I get VR wise? Is there anything with sharks and sea life (for my girlfriend).

I've been wanting to replace my Samsung 55" 3D LED 1080p with a LG OLED 4K, but didn't want to lose the 3D functionality and have to pay extra for it on the LG model( the 3D version is like $1000 more!). Best of both worlds if this pans out...

Is it worth 40 bucks?

I can't speak to that, I'm actually on the lookout for a PS VR myself. I just wanted to bring your attention to it. There are a few other games on there( namely London Heist) which has been getting good buzz. I'm sure the good folks here can provide you with more info....

So on the fence about this. If I trade in my OG ps4 and some games (and my move controllers and camera since you can't just buy the headset solo anywhere around here) I can get the bundle for a little under $300 with tax. I really don't see myself being able to get a better deal than that anytime soon so why not jump in now?

The only thing holding me back I think is having to deal with gamestop again after so many years and the fact that I got so burned by PS Move back in the day.

quick question, in vr games that use a gun or something similar can I pick it up and use it with either hand no problem? I'm left handed and nearly every motion controlled game I've played does not account for that so you have to hold shit really weird or just have shit all aim.

edit:
If i get one, resident evil is at the top of the list
I have bound
I would look for maybe a racing game, or maybe rigs if its not dead
I'll just rent some of the shorter games/experiences on the weekends
that should be enough to keep me occupied for a little bit I think

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
3D Blu Rays but no SBS 3D for media player is some hot infuriating bullshit, good god.

quick question, in vr games that use a gun or something similar can I pick it up and use it with either hand no problem? I'm left handed and nearly every motion controlled game I've played does not account for that so you have to hold shit really weird or just have shit all aim.

edit:
If i get one, resident evil is at the top of the list
I have bound
I would look for maybe a racing game, or maybe rigs if its not dead
I'll just rent some of the shorter games/experiences on the weekends
that should be enough to keep me occupied for a little bit I think

In both London heist and batman, at least, you can grab things using the move and switch them from hand to hand at will.

Hale-XF11

No joke, 3D blu ray support has me very excited since I sold my 3DTV a year ago during a move and have had no way to watch 3D movies since.

I'm so excited for this! Never owned a 3D tv, but I do own Tron: Legacy in 3D and if the IQ is decent enough, I'm gonna start a 3D bluray library.

I'm so excited for this! Never owned a 3D tv, but I do own Tron: Legacy in 3D and if the IQ is decent enough, I'm gonna start a 3D bluray library.

This has me excited as well( as a prospective PS VR buyer). I currently have a 55" 3D Samsung but I'd like to upgrade to a LG OLED 4k this year. There's a large $$$ difference between the 3d and non-3D versions that I simply can't justify, so having access to 3D movies via the PS VR is very encouraging.

Ocaso

My previous TV was a good Panasonic plasma which used active glasses. The glasses were actually less comfortable than the PSVR and there were always issues with brightness and ghosting. With PSVR I see no reason it can't surpass that, with the exception of resolution.

How has nobody on this forum given it a try yet?

doby

There is actually an PSVR firmware update to 2.40, presumably with PS4 FW 4.50.

Can't really see any improvement to cinema mode image quality (whatever that means, it could just mean they've fixed the drift) and I don't own any 3D blurays to test :/

Mung

My breakout box has become extremely loud and rattly over the last month. Sending it back to Sony. It was quiet for the first few months. This happen to anyone else?

doby

My breakout box has become extremely loud and rattly over the last month. Sending it back to Sony. It was quiet for the first few months. This happen to anyone else?

It'll be the bearings in the tiny little fan, probably just an isolated incident and certainly not something people should worry about. You'll be able to get a replacement box.

The fan isn't actually attached, it just slots in between groves on the inside of the casing although I think there is a rubber buffer between it and the plastic.

Is it worth 40 bucks?

Yes it's worth 40 bucks. Not only does it have Ocean Descent which you and your girlfirend will both enjoy, it comes with London Heist which is awesome (with Move controllers) and Danger Ball, which is a really fun both of you can play with just your head.

Also, look into getting Batman VR, it's great and only 20 bucks. Great with Move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom