• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

senador

Banned
My buddy text me and said he gets lots of upside-down planes (I've only had 1) and that he has a plane stuck in another dimension. I was thinking that was awesome and crazy, then he sent a pic and its just a bug. Haha. Guess its just stuck there til the game gets patched.

ZGuX6l.png

not speaking for him, but at the moment I'm enjoying working towards the event goal, and adjusting operations accordingly. Later on I might try a North America domestic operation, see what feels good.

It's like an efficiency puzzle.
How many planes can I balance with the least amount of time played.
Time spent playing is actually a lot less with focused trips.
If you want to spend a lot of time microing get tonnes of airports.
If you want to check in every hour this is way more efficient

Don't really care about levels, would like to get a starfighter though

Gotcha. I guess I just feel its counter-something to how the game "should" be. Perhaps I'll try it before I continue to knock it.

shira

My buddy text me and said he gets lots of upside-down planes (I've only had 1) and that he has a plane stuck in another dimension. I was thinking that was awesome and crazy, then he sent a pic and its just a bug. Haha. Guess its just stuck there til the game gets patched.

ZGu6l.png

Gotcha. I guess I just feel its counter-something to how the game "should" be. Perhaps I'll try it before I continue to knock it.
Oh definitely. It would have been a much cooler game if you could spread out, but if you want to win/play the system this seems to be the most efficient way.

In any case definitely awesome time waster for FREE

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looks like. And sea knight for prize, no Bux. Will give it a go, doesn't need much adjustment for me just close Moscow and open philly

Finally In the top ten!!! Let's see if I can hold on to it.

Finally got my first mystery part. If I get all three during the event will I end up with two sea knights?

shira

So many 1 min flights with my class 1 planes with this challenge. My advise; Advertise, Advertise ADVERTISE!
Idk if this is applicable but you can save time by auto returning to newyork
You lose money by not getting new passengers, but it saves time due to reloading

You can advertise the city, which increases people wanting to go to it, afaik.
Haven't seen an official FAQ but I'm noticing 1-2x more jobs in each airport

Do I need an open plane slot to collect the Sea Knight prize?
No, they just go into your parts menu.

In fact, you may stumble upon the mysterious part (looks like the standard mario question box), and upon delivery to Philadelphia, will yield one part of the Sea Knight.

I got 2 out 3 mystery parts for the Sea-king (or whatever the name is) if I can get 2 class 1 five seaters out of this that would be rad! Also #3 in Gaf Crew

shira

I got 2 out 3 mystery parts for the Sea-king (or whatever the name is) if I can get 2 class 1 five seaters out of this that would be rad! Also #3 in Gaf Crew
I'm #2. Not sure the most efficient way to get to Philly.

Class 1 kangaroos
Class 1 seakings
Class 2 aeroeagles

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Argh, 3x mystery parts, but 2 engines and 1 controls. If anyone gets a sea knight body and wants to swap for one of my engines, let me know

Edit: make that 3 engines :/

Argh, 3x mystery parts, but 2 engines and 1 controls. If anyone gets a sea knight body and wants to swap for one of my engines, let me know

Edit: make that 3 engines :/

I know I have some extra bodies, but I forgot what part I need, and i won't be able to check for another 8 hours when I get off work. I could totally just give you one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know I have some extra bodies, but I forgot what part I need, and i won't be able to check for another 8 hours when I get off work. I could totally just give you one.

Thanks. Game center ID is 'mr klaw'. Let me have yours and I'll ping you an engine just in case

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm 'ilikesanta' I'll try sending it in an hour or so. Thanks!

Just sent you an engine. I had 5 in the end....still no body. I wish it wasn't so random for events.

Was #3 when I called it a night, finished in joint 4th, best result ever for me

Seems to be no event today, probably good to let me get back to normal, sort out some passenger backlogs and actually earn some money/Bux for a change

Just sent you an engine. I had 5 in the end....still no body. I wish it wasn't so random for events.

Was #3 when I called it a night, finished in joint 4th, best result ever for me

Seems to be no event today, probably good to let me get back to normal, sort out some passenger backlogs and actually earn some money/Bux for a change
Cape Town.

senador

Banned
We were supposed to get a Sea Knight for being in the too 10 right? I got cash, but no parts. :(

Edit: I have yet to encounter mystery parts.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I bought joburg too, most of my big planes are aeroeagles so they can fly there, then I put away a couple of big planes and brought out two sea eagles to do the short ferry runs to cape town. Let's see how it goes. My class 3 planes have to stop at Tehran though, so I think I won't bother with them

Edit: opened Bangalore for a more direct route between Johannesburg and Tokyo.

shira

This one is annoying. Johannesburg is too small and the distance to cape town is too far.

I'm stuck with a backlog of crap in Lagos.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got my first Class 2 plane! Pearjet-C. The range is :-O. I still can't quite reach to Cape Town, though. :-(

Still playing this - LVL 17.

It has changed from a "every second, every day" game to an "every now and the, in between other things" game.

I feel like i am making great money now though. $5,000+ flights are great, as is making 20Bux+ on some flights.

Still miles away, but I really want a Cloudliner!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Pearjet with range upgrades will go from new York to London. Can't land in cape town anyway :)
I know. I was hoping I could open a Class 2 airport nearby Cape Town and put a Class 1 plane over there, too, but there's no Class 2 airports in Southern Africa that are within my reach. It just isn't feasible. Ah well, I worked my ass off for that San Jose prize last week. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know. I was hoping I could open a Class 2 airport nearby Cape Town and put a Class 1 plane over there, too, but there's no Class 2 airports in Southern Africa that are within my reach. It just isn't feasible. Ah well, I worked my ass off for that San Jose prize last week. :)

If you aren't have capacity or funds then just skip it and focus on expansion, you'll be ready for the next one :)

Johannesburg is reachable by pearjet from Tehran or Istanbul in Europe, bangalore in India, or Recife / rio in south America.

Meier

I think I may retire my Airvan-M (AV001). 103,784 miles on this bad boy over 337 flights.. (4 days, 3 hours of flight time). He is making the least amount per hour ($1,723) and I want to give the Sea Knight a shot.

Sold off Moscow, Munich (starter) and Orlando.. added a few places in Africa so I am now good to go to hit up Cape Town and Joburg.

Got a sea knight! Cool.

I'm just starting out but this game is so awesome. I steal my gf's ipod touch to play this all the time.

More fun than many "real" (i.e. console) games.

This one is annoying. Johannesburg is too small and the distance to cape town is too far.

I'm stuck with a backlog of crap in Lagos.
Same. I'm keeping my Class 3 cities (Mexico, NYC, Paris, Moscow), added Lagos, and going through Johannesburg to get to Cape Town.

I've got enough BUX to build the cloudliners now, but at a cost of 73 BUX (and still no good litmus test on whether it's a good bang for buck purchase, I'm holding out for now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you aren't have capacity or funds then just skip it and focus on expansion, you'll be ready for the next one :)
Yup, that's what I've come to realize.

And damn, the Pearjet is EXPENSIVE to fly. I really have to fill it up with cargo to make it break even. It's taking several waves of new jobs to fill up, though. I've put a ton of money into upgrading my airports, but I guess I need to do more.

FerranMG

What does upgrading airports exactly do?
Just increases the number of spots for layovers available, or also the amount of regular passengers/cargo?

shira

What does upgrading airports exactly do?
Just increases the number of spots for layovers available, or also the amount of regular passengers/cargo?

Yeah it feels like maybe a 50% increase in the amount of jobs and doubles the layover slots
I'm not sure how this compares to advertising - this feels like a 100-200% increase

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even bothered with the advertising thing. It's the only thing I haven't experimented with in the game. Is it worth it?

Also, out of curiosity: has anyone plunked down real life money to get extra bux? I haven't spent a dime.

I haven't even bothered with the advertising thing. It's the only thing I haven't experimented with in the game. Is it worth it?

Also, out of curiosity: has anyone plunked down real life money to get extra bux? I haven't spent a dime.

Yeah, I've spent fifteen bucks on it but I'm probably done. I did the same thing with tiny tower. It's nice in the beginning to get over the initial hump, but after that it isn't necessary for me. Nimblebit deserves every dime.

Top Bottom