• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, Hugh knocked that Team Plasma dude back TWO spaces. Has that ever happened before?! It's alway one space...

Complete with comic "whack" sound.
KuGsj.gif

"Three years ago, Team Plasma talked me into letting my dead Pokemon go. Ever since, I've been staying in hotels as I please. ...To be honest, I feel lonely, but it's a good thing not to have Pokemon who'll be left behind and feel sad after I pass away...

That is the saddest thing an NPC has ever said in this series. :(

Manus

The opening to this game is fantastic. Probably my favorite opener of the series. Did anyone else lose your first fight? I felt like my rival just owned me. Never had that happen to me before in any earlier game.

Well, after taking a nap for a few hours, away to Striaton!

Man, that cave was pretty tough...

Preschoolers gonna preschool.

[Trainer's School]
This guy in the school talking about anti-Levitate tactics is pretty funny.

So, should I Trick/Switcheroo an Iron Ball onto the opponent?
>Yes
>Sure
>Sounds Good

Alrighty, time to head to the restaurant...

Ah, so that's why... man, no wonder they weren't there.

That's some pretty bitter tea.

Ondore

You can do the Abyssal Ruins from the originals BEFORE the E4? And all it costs me is a Rare Candy on an L40 Wailmer?

brb, going to the Pokemart and buying most of it.

Red

Wow, Hugh knocked that Team Plasma dude back TWO spaces. Has that ever happened before?! It's alway one space...

Complete with comic "whack" sound.
KuGsj.gif

"Three years ago, Team Plasma talked me into letting my dead Pokemon go. Ever since, I've been staying in hotels as I please. ...To be honest, I feel lonely, but it's a good thing not to have Pokemon who'll be left behind and feel sad after I pass away...

That is the saddest thing an NPC has ever said in this series. :(
I thought the same damn thing.

Spent most of the night catching pokemon and leveling up to take on Nimbasa City Gym. Took the time to get each of the
___sage
pokemon in Lostlorn

ffdgh

If anyone has the time, take a trip to pokestar studios and walk up to the tree on the very far right near the ocean view and use surf on the right side of it.
KuGsj.gif

Teknoman

Are the therian formes stronger or just different visually? Also are those 3 eligble for normal tournaments/GAF tournaments? I kinda like how therian Tornadus and Landorus look.

*Presses Down + B furiously*

Yes,
Latias GET
! And with a handy
Soul Dew
nearby, how lovely :)

Pretty annoying having a 3 shake happen 3 times in a row, I tell you what.

Now, time for me to depart this town, finally.

ffdgh

*Presses Down + B furiously*

Yes,
Latias GET
! And with a handy
Soul Dew
nearby, how lovely :)

Pretty annoying having a 3 shake happen 3 times in a row, I tell you what.

Now, time for me to depart this town, finally.

....take the long way and not the short cut.

Oh and gf trolled the music addiction for fun XD.

Must just do that too... but I dunno.

I tried that, but I still only ended up with ~170 Pokémon before the Elite 4. I realized at that point it would take me longer to go back to each area and search for what was left and evolve stuff than it would for me to just catch a bunch of Patrats and Purrloins and do the minute long trade sequence for each Pokémon.

Ezalc

So I guess I'm going to be buying this game soon enough, but please tell me I'm not the only one who HATES how the protags look in this. They both look terrible when compared to B/W 1. What the fuck happened man?

Emitan

So I guess I'm going to be buying this game soon enough, but please tell me I'm not the only one who HATES how the protags look in this. They both look terrible when compared to B/W 1. What the fuck happened man?

Female MC is the best one yet.

ffdgh

I think the male mc didn't fall too far from the tree?

I'm liking how all these trainers have themes - teams based around
vendor trash, fossils, basic bugs
...neat.

Anyways, lemme just finish up Route 1 here-

Bianca: Heeeey, time to battle <3 <3 <3

-_-

I agree they look outlandish in artwork, but the in-game sprites are some of my favorites of any Pokemon lead. The goofy and over-dramatic features lend so much more character to the tiny sprites.

Sorry man, I seriously disagree. I've never been too attached to the male protagonist designs (Brandon and Lucas's first designs were ESPECIALLY horrible, but their Emerald/Platinum designs were pretty badass) but this is the first time I actually like a protagonist's design. Nate is by far my favourite male character design of any generation. I thought Hilbert's design was pretty boring. Rosa is pretty good too, but I think most of the female trainer designs were pretty great except for the one in Crystal and Hilda in B/W.

Well, that's that - got to look around my old room, and finally get a
Super Rod
from Cedric, lol.

Now what next, hmm... guess I should start working at that Pokédex :)

*Flies back to Aspertia*

The difference in quality isn't that different. I think I'm starting to prefer Hilda (B/W) over Rosa (B2/W2) by virtue of her looking more mature.

ffdgh

Well, that's that - got to look around my old room, and finally get a
Super Rod
from Cedric, lol.

Now what next, hmm... guess I should start working at that Pokédex :)

*Flies back to Aspertia*

orrr take a trip to nimbasa ferris wheel area for something on the ground near the flowers at the entrance....or take a nice stroll up a waterfall on route 20.

Top Bottom