• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kyurem... ATE PEOPLE?! ...AND POKEMON?!

Plus all the death and dying references... what is happening to this series? :O Tryin' to get some of dat Persona crowd?

This is in no way a bad thing.

But Jesus, Ghetsis trying to freeze you to death was unexpected and (pardon the pun) chilling.

Busaiku

Kyurem... ATE PEOPLE?! ...AND POKEMON?!

Plus all the death and dying references... what is happening to this series? :O Tryin' to get some of dat Persona crowd?

A kid woke up and became Kadabra.

Nothing will match the creepiness of that.

Exeunt

Funny you guys were talking about the Strange House, as I just got past that part a session or two ago... Maybe I have low standards because I'm a pretty big PokéFan but I really do appreciate all the new areas and sequences that have been added to the game—it really does feel fresh, like the region has changed a fair bit over the years.

My team right now is Lucario, Samurott, Excadrill, and Growlithe—the last of whom will become an Arcanine as soon as he learns Flame Blitz. I considered using a Trapinch I caught near the Strange House to have a Flygon, but even with the Lucky Egg I have to be careful balancing the levels of my four-Pokémon team so I'll maybe try out a Flygon in some other game. Excadrill and Lucario take turns smashing everything into oblivion and Growlithe spends a lot of time holding the Exp. Share thanks to his lower base stats, while Samurott is often just kind of there when I need a Water type. Maybe part of it's because I used Oshawott last time as well. I'm happy with the four right now though, and their type coverage is getting better now that they're actually learning some good moves.

Ghetsis boss theme music reminded me of Fithos Lusec Wino Vinosec from FF8. Not the best music for a boss theme...it needed more energy to it. That song should have played while he was talking.

Red

I wish IVs and EVs were easier to figure out in-game. That's one of the reasons I don't invest much in the meta game. Too much esoterica.

vall03

Ghetsis boss theme music reminded me of Fithos Lusec Wino Vinosec from FF8. Not the best music for a boss theme...it needed more energy to it. That song should have played while he was talking.

the original Ghetsis theme was better imo, the slower, darker tone sounded more like it came from a SMT game.

One theme that is very much improved (in my opinion) was the encounter theme for
____N____
. I guess it says a lot about
his outlook on life at the time you face him - it has that weirdness, but it's much brighter and melodic now.

linku

spiritfox

Hey guys are there any good pokedex apps for iOS? I would like to have a reference on the go and bulbapedia sucks on mobile devices.

Oh and how is the 3DS pokedex app? Does it actually give useful info or it's just like the in-game dex? And is it out yet? I don't have a 3DS to check.

Soul Beat

I accidentally clicked a spoiler. :( Luckily it wasn't too big of a spoiler.

Also, I love the Strange House. Better than the Old Chateau.

Gravijah

where is the 2nd person who wants to see X amount of Pokemon in your Pokedex? there's one in Castelia, which i have already done, but there was another, too.

tranciful

Hey guys are there any good pokedex apps for iOS? I would like to have a reference on the go and bulbapedia sucks on mobile devices.

Oh and how is the 3DS pokedex app? Does it actually give useful info or it's just like the in-game dex? And is it out yet? I don't have a 3DS to check.

There's a decent 'types' app that will tell you what it's weak against -- that's the only app i use

Velcro Fly

I love Jolteon. I have one with Shadow Ball and it's pretty much wrecking these random ghost and psychic types I'm fighting in
Celestial Tower
. I feel a little bit cheap that I have a move like that on Jolteon but I was not going through the trouble of finding an Eevee that didn't have that move on my Black cart. My Eevee is such a beast even lowly Thundershock is still crushing things that are weak to it. Can't wait until I can take advantage of that massive special attack on a better STAB move.

Also the Lucky Egg is a godsend. I was worried I was going to have to do some grinding but now I can Lucky Egg/EXP share platoon things and level them well.

Really thinking that after I finish the main game I'll use some spare cash to get White and do a challenge mode run with a selected team. I've been going back and forth on that but I've really been enjoying the game quite a bit the past few days.

Maximus.

Hey guys,

random question, is there anything different about playing the game on the 3ds? or is is the same as any other DS game on the 3DS?

ffdgh

I love Jolteon. I have one with Shadow Ball and it's pretty much wrecking these random ghost and psychic types I'm fighting in
Celestial Tower
. I feel a little bit cheap that I have a move like that on Jolteon but I was not going through the trouble of finding an Eevee that didn't have that move on my Black cart. My Eevee is such a beast even lowly Thundershock is still crushing things that are weak to it. Can't wait until I can take advantage of that massive special attack on a better STAB move.

Also the Lucky Egg is a godsend. I was worried I was going to have to do some grinding but now I can Lucky Egg/EXP share platoon things and level them well.

Really thinking that after I finish the main game I'll use some spare cash to get White and do a challenge mode run with a selected team. I've been going back and forth on that but I've really been enjoying the game quite a bit the past few days.

Be sure to tutor jolteon signal beam.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish I had a lucky egg.

I've looked for the thing a thousand times. It is NOT in my inventory despite being at the 7th gym.

Edit: Seviper had it. Greedy snake!

zroid

Banned
Hey guys,

random question, is there anything different about playing the game on the 3ds? or is is the same as any other DS game on the 3DS?

The difference is there's a 3DS game/app called Dream Radar which costs $3 and can be used to catch some legendaries and a bunch of other rare and/or useful Pokemon. You can send them directly to your B2 or W2 save.

backlot

Hey guys,

The game treats the 3DS as if it were a DSi. The only benefit of using a 3DS would be transferring Pokemon from Dream Radar.

Omzz

Lol wtf, is route 7 known for a lot of Audinos? If it is I didn't know about it at all :p

Just ran into like 10 Audinos in the past 20 min and leveled up my Braviary from level 25 to 40 with a lucky egg.

Articalys

White 2, main game clear! 41:53, 34 caught, 256 seen.

Final boss spoilers and such below.
That was AWESOME. Even after having seen Alder at the start of the game, since the Elite Four hadn't changed at all I figured he was going to be Champion again anyway. So I start climbing the final staircase and the final platform comes into view IRIS WHAT THE FUCK OH MY GOD
Plus that Champion theme music and battlefield were sweet. Definitely a great finale after I thought the game had nothing else up its sleeve.

It also provides a reasonable explanation for why she's not the Opelucid City Gym Leader anymore lolol Haha, just saw the Drayden memory link event, that actually answers everything!

Time for postgame stuff!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well... Are legendaries breedable? I don't have HG, and I'd rather not have to borrow one and buy Dream Radar just to get Ho-Oh

MikeMyers

Wait, so about fighting the Gym Leaders in PWT...

If I win, I get BP
If I lose, I get...a Shard?

I guess losing is the better option.

Kenai

Just cleared the Champion and unlocked the Challenge Key for whenever I decide to buy/start White 2. The battle, end credits and music were very enjoyable.

The type-specific backgrounds they gave your Pokemon during the Hall of Fame recording was a pretty awesome touch too. The Dark one I especially liked

My team ended up being Samurott, Zoroark, Gothitelle, Arcanine, Flygon and Lucario. Zoruark was the MVP, soloed Shataul and Cait both. I'm not sure how soon I will get to post game stuff, but it will happen sooner or later. Was great to play, as expected.

Westraid

I'm still on the fence with this one. As one of the people that grew up with the series and lost track of it later on, I only really like the first two generations.
And though I've desperately tried to like the newer gens, I ended up speeding through Diamond with little care and returning Black to the store.

Apparently, in BW2 you no longer have to beat the Elite Four and then some to be able to catch Pokémon from earlier generations, so I was wondering if you encounter enough Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon from the beginning to build a team with?

Unless you can trade with SoulSilver/HeartGold early on.
Then all my doubts will have vaporized and I will probably succumb and buy it after work.

FSLink

Banned
The Unova Dex in BW2 has 301 Pokemon in its regional dex. If you can't find SOMETHING you like out of that massive number (and yes a lot of Gen 1/2 Pokemon are available early on), then I think you should just avoid this series, lol.

Firestorm

Not a mobile site but use http://veekun.com

The 3DS Pokedex app is $15 and doesn't not have stat information.

Articalys

Postgame Memory Link spoilers

Ahahaha, I wonder if they put the Striaton City memory event just to screw with people who had the Chili/Cress/Cilian = Shadow Triad conspiracy theories.

Well I definitely think my copy was lost in the mail or something as I've still yet to receive it. It was dispatched last Tuesday, normally takes two days for them to deliver yet still nothing. Really annoyed and upset, especially as I'm stuck in bed today due to not being able to get up without going insanely dizzy. Would have been a great way to spend the day as I'd have an excuse to lay in bed all day playing it lol. But nope :(

spiritfox

Not a mobile site but use http://veekun.com

The 3DS Pokedex app is $15 and doesn't not have stat information.

That sucks. You think Game Freak would take advantage of a Pokedex app to actually add, you know, information that people use the Dex for. Oh wait, it's Game Freak.

Speaking of Memory Links, the one at Mistralton is hilarious...ly bad. Oh
Elesa
, don't lose your day job.

Took them forever, eh? My copy of Pokemon White 2 finally shipped! If it does not show up at my home tomorrow (being shipped within the same country which is a very small island), there's going to be a-raging.

Heropon

I'm full of rage. N's Darmanitan has killed itself in front of me just before the sandstorm could do it. My great balls! They're gone ;_;

Hey guys, is "cdjapan.co.jp" a reliable outlet? I intend to complete a checkout of four of the Pokemon Original Soundtracks (R/S, HG/SS, B/W & B/W2) available, But I've never used the site before. Is postage reasonable? I am of course, presuming that people here have used them before. :) Thanks for the help!

Netto-kun

Hey guys, is "cdjapan.co.jp" a reliable outlet? I intend to complete a checkout of four of the Pokemon Original Soundtracks (R/S, HG/SS, B/W & B/W2) available, But I've never used the site before. Is postage reasonable? I am of course, presuming that people here have used them before. :) Thanks for the help!
CDJapan is pretty good. Last time I ordered a CD, it arrived on the same day (Norway here) as the Japanese release date. Even though I picked the cheapest shipping option. Also, great packaging.

Top Bottom