• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
Wanting to Train a Druddigon?
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.

May I reserve one, just in case? I'm getting the games tomorrow morning.

Plasmid said:
For anyone in college that require browser log ins / application log ins, how do you get your DS's on the internet? I've tried connectify, MyWi on my phone etc, but no dice, i'm going to be severely pissed if i can't use my campus internet.

Also, pre-paid white, getting celebi tomorrow. :D
Contact your school's IT department. I think they should be able to add mobile devices to your name by adding the MAC address to their system. At least that's how my school works. This is how I got my ipod touch online. I just phoned them and they added it in. This lets it bypass the need to log in.

I was totally not going to get this game.

Woke up today and decided to go buy it in the morning. Not sure what happened. Went from no interest to total excitement for no apparent reason....

Shiggie

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.
Ill take one tomorrow.

Delio

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

Oh what's he packing move wise? I found him to be really slow but a nice powerhouse that i wouldnt mind having early. Provided he has a decent nature.

Edit : And yeah go ahead and put me down for one.

Izayoi

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

Oh boy, I'll take one tomorrow. Sent you a PM.

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

I'd like to reserve one, if I may.

I'll give you love along with the Pokemon.

Also, long story but I'll only have Black tomorrow. Can I use Black to get the Celebi at GameStop? Please keep in mind my roommate's life depends on your answer.

*grumblegrumble*Returned Heart Hold to GameFly when I was at work and I don't get my DSi until tomorrow*grumblegrumble*

Izayoi

Banned
Keavy_Rain said:
Also, long story but I'll only have Black tomorrow. Can I use Black to get the Celebi at GameStop? Please keep in mind my roommate's life depends on your answer.
Better start sharpening that knife.

D-Pad

06nbarnhill said:
I was totally not going to get this game.

Woke up today and decided to go buy it in the morning. Not sure what happened. Went from no interest to total excitement for no apparent reason....

Either Drowsee or Haunter happened to you.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, my Crimgan were bred with an Arbok, so they have, apart from the normal Leer and Scratch, Fire Fang and Glare.

The Nature/Stat you get is random, but I can try and get one with Rough Skin or Sheer Force depending on what you want.

I have no clue why I ordered this from Amazon, now I have to wait. Not that it matters really. Most of the pokemon I want I can get through Diamond/HG since I just about maxed out the pokedex on that one. I wanna build my team!

I cannot freaking wait for this game tomorrow. White version for me, black for my GF. Too bad we only have one DS atm =P

Btw, was there actually something special with Black and White on the 3DS like IGN reported before? Or was that a mistake?

Plasmid said:
I have a DS lite which apparently doesn't support AD-HOC networks. :(

shit, does this mean i can't use my droid hotspot either?

i dont think i have that old nwfc connector around anymore... fucking nintendo

Izayoi

Banned
Demoncarnotaur said:
Btw, was there actually something special with Black and White on the 3DS like IGN reported before? Or was that a mistake?
It was a mistake. You just get the DSi features on the 3DS.

Poyunch

Fuuuu I totally forgot to Intend to Buy this game. I've been on a dry spell for a long time and when I finally decide to play a game it's a Nintendo game and it's one I didn't remember to make a note of on Club Nintendo.

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

May I have one as well.? I want a traded Pokemon for the same reason.

Nayishiki

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

I'll take one tomorrow.

Watch Da Birdie

Me and lolez2matt just traded...for some reason, rather then ending up in the normal trading room, we ended up doing the new GTS barter system...basically, each trainer picks 3 Pokemon from their entire party and PC boxes, and then you kind of barter basically. It's pretty fun, although in this case I knew what he wanted. :p

But trading goes REALLY fast this time...each trade took like 10 seconds, much quicker than before.

Well, off to the Unity Tower!

Delio

Watch Da Birdie said:
Well, my Crimgan were bred with an Arbok, so they have, apart from the normal Leer and Scratch, Fire Fang and Glare.

The Nature/Stat you get is random, but I can try and get one with Rough Skin or Sheer Force depending on what you want.

I'd Prefer Rough Skin if possible.

Negator

On the google docs Friend Code, will we be able to update our friend code when we inevitably have to switch friend codes because of 3DS?

Izayoi

Banned
Negator said:
On the google docs Friend Code, will we be able to update our friend code when we inevitably have to switch friend codes because of 3DS?
Legacy games will still use the separate friend code system IIRC.

Anth0ny

Watch Da Birdie said:
Me and lolez2matt just traded...for some reason, rather then ending up in the normal trading room, we ended up doing the new GTS barter system...basically, each trainer picks 3 Pokemon from their entire party and PC boxes, and then you kind of barter basically. It's pretty fun, although in this case I knew what he wanted. :p

But trading goes REALLY fast this time...each trade took like 10 seconds, much quicker than before.

amazing. Fucking shit between Soul Silver and Platinum took like 2 minutes a trade.

Watch Da Birdie

Delio said:
I'd Prefer Rough Skin if possible.
Yeah, in fact the Fire Fang and Glare was part of a suggested set from Druddigon.

There's a new item, the Rough Helmet, which works as a second layer of Rough Skin basically and you can stack them...unfortunately, for some reason, I LOST my Rough Helmet in my Japanese version. I think I had it on a Pokemon I GTSd. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Anth0ny said:
amazing. Fucking shit between Soul Silver and Platinum took like 2 minutes a trade.
Yeah. Spent basically six hours this week trading with a fellow Gaffer.

Shit is fucking out of control, so glad to hear that it got fixed.

Watch Da Birdie said:

Dunno why, but we also get voice chat active even when i deactivate it.....

Thanks a lot Watch Da Birdie!!!! :3

Plasmid

Narpas Sword0 said:
shit, does this mean i can't use my droid hotspot either?

i dont think i have that old nwfc connector around anymore... fucking nintendo

I've tried using hotspots on my iphone, the ds doesn't recognize it as a router, so therefore it doesn't connect, it's fucked. :/.

Also, i heard there was a way to trade HG/SS pokemon over to B/W?

e: i'll also take a druddigon for the unity tower.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Thought it was out today. Whatever at least I got my Celibi legit this time instead of gamesharking for it in the original silver and gold. Not one but 2 of them.

NeoForte

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

Ooo I'll take one too

Roto13

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

Well, if I do buy the game tomorrow, I wouldn't mind having one of these. :p

Delio

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yeah, in fact the Fire Fang and Glare was part of a suggested set from Druddigon.

There's a new item, the Rough Helmet, which works as a second layer of Rough Skin basically and you can stack them...unfortunately, for some reason, I LOST my Rough Helmet in my Japanese version. I think I had it on a Pokemon I GTSd. :(

Yeah i remember Rough Helmet going really well with Rough Skin. I didnt know Glare was a suggested move (although i have been really off with smogon sets lately)

Balls! I just discovered the L button on my DS is nonfuctional. Time to crack that little sucker open and tinker around inside.

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

I'll take one if you have anymore left, but I won't get the game till tomorrow.

Negator

Izayoi said:
Legacy games will still use the separate friend code system IIRC.

I know that, but since Pokemon is coming out on the 6th and the 3DS comes out on the 25th(?) the friend code is going to change because you're using a different DS. Unless I'm completely mistaken.

Wiseblade

Late Game Spoilers:

I love that the "badge check gates" from Pokemon Red/Blue are back! They always made me feel like the Elite Four were serious business. Victory road isn't nearly as difficult to navigate as usual this time, which is a huge plus.

Also, while Snivy racks real offensive power early on, once he learns Leaf blade and coil he'll rip through anyone and tank like a champ, all while going faster than the opponent.

Izayoi

Banned
Negator said:
I know that, but since Pokemon is coming out on the 6th and the 3DS comes out on the 25th(?) the friend code is going to change because you're using a different DS. Unless I'm completely mistaken.
Yeah, I'm an idiot.

You're right.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, just got to the Unity Tower!

I have no clue what anyone's saying since I have the JP version, but I have Floor 51 and 61.

Floor 51 is Japan, I think, since I see people who I traded with in the past through the GTS Barter System...

And Floor 61 is EU/US...whichever one matt is from...
N1BVD.jpg

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yeah, just got to the Unity Tower!

I have no clue what anyone's saying since I have the JP version, but I have Floor 51 and 61.

Floor 51 is Japan, I think, since I see people who I traded with in the past through the GTS Barter System...

And Floor 61 is EU/US...whichever one matt is from...
N1BVD.jpg

I have the us version, and im from Chile....

dunno if that will change anything...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Version 2.0 of the thread is live! Hard to believe there have been about 10 major edits since I posted it less than a day ago.

I updated the videos section with actual videos and made the image rows two images long instead of three, for those on netbooks and the like. Also added a humorous screenshot to the Team Plasma section.

To do: info about the Pokeshifter, and screenshot GIFs of the new battle system in action.

DarthWufei said:
I have no clue why I ordered this from Amazon, now I have to wait. Not that it matters really. Most of the pokemon I want I can get through Diamond/HG since I just about maxed out the pokedex on that one. I wanna build my team!

Can't beat the $10 credit that you will get. But I love Pokémon almost too much to wait for it to arrive online. Because I am obsessed...

Just a few more hours...come on Walmart PLEASE HAVE IT and please someone be in the electronics department at that time (and have a key...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom