• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely will be getting white version, and starting with a... snivy.

mostly for tradition, cause i picked bulbasaur, chickorita, treeko, and turtwig.

i have one question, will any celebi let me get a zorua? or does it need to be from the hg/ss event?

or, will any legendary dog get me zoroark?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Negator said:
On the google docs Friend Code, will we be able to update our friend code when we inevitably have to switch friend codes because of 3DS?

You won't be able to, no. The spreadsheet itself is read-only to everyone else, but I'd be more than willing to change it on a case-by-case basis.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
lolez2matt said:
I have the us version, and im from Chile....

dunno if that will change anything...

The GTS Location that you choose apparently is what affects it...you know, the location you choose on the giant rotating map. :)

So, whichever one you chose, that's what Room 61 is.

My Japanese version only let me choose a Japanese location, so Room 51 should be Japan. When you get to Castelia, can you see what my character says? Also, what trainer class was I? You're a Hiker, as you can see.

TheOGB

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
Wanting to Train a Druddigon?
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.
I can has a Druddigon?
If I can get another for my pal that'd be sweet too (CURSES, NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE A DITTO ON DECK)

vhfive

Andrex said:
Version 2.0 of the thread is live! Hard to believe there have been about 10 major edits since I posted it less than a day ago.

I updated the videos section with actual videos and made the image rows two images long instead of three, for those on netbooks and the like. Also added a humorous screenshot to the Team Plasma section.

To do: info about the Pokeshifter, and screenshot GIFs of the new battle system in action.
My netbook and I thank you

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Teetris said:
Hmm, thought for sure Black would be the bigger one
Have you seen the two legendaries side by side? It's pretty obvious why this is happening. It's like asking people to choose between a juicy steak or a hotdog with no bun.

The only reason I'm sticking with Black is because it's my favorite color, everyone else and their grandmother will be getting White, I don't use legendaries anyway so one being worse than the other doesn't affect me and Murkrow is in Black.

Izayoi

Banned
lolez2matt said:
will it not be maintained if you transfer all your wifi configs to the 3ds???
Different MAC addresses, so no.

Watch Da Birdie said:
The GTS Location that you choose apparently is what affects it...you know, the location you choose on the giant rotating map. :)

My Japanese version only let me choose a Japanese location, so Room 51 should be Japan. When you get to Castelia, can you see what my character says? Also, what trainer class was I? You're a Hiker, as you can see.
So how does this Unity Tower thing work? Is there a room for every continent or something?

Watch Da Birdie said:

When I arrive there ( dunno when and where it is) I will let you know :D

I´m Just to challenge the 2 gym :3

MidnightScott said:
Can't beat the $10 credit that you will get. But I love Pokémon almost too much to wait for it to arrive online. Because I am obsessed...

Just a few more hours...come on Walmart PLEASE HAVE IT and please someone be in the electronics department at that time (and have a key...)

If i didn't have a whole bunch of work to do , i'd be going crazy that i'm not getting til monday/tuesday.
actually I/m still am going crazy,

Watch Da Birdie

No, it's by country apparently.

I think there's 130 floors...basically, any country you can choose your location as on the GTS Globe I believe will be a room.

And to unlock the Unity Tower, you need to do an online trade with a person from another country...although there does appear to be a room for trades from your same country (I see Japanese fans I traded with my Japanese game in Room 51), you just can't access the tower through a same-country trade.

Nayishiki

dangerbyrnes said:
definitely will be getting white version, and starting with a... snivy.

mostly for tradition, cause i picked bulbasaur, chickorita, treeko, and turtwig.

i have one question, will any celebi let me get a zorua? or does it need to be from the hg/ss event?

or, will any legendary dog get me zoroark?

You need one from the hg/ss event.

Izayoi

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
No, it's by country apparently.

I think there's 130 floors...basically, any country you can choose your location as on the GTS Globe I believe will be a room.

And to unlock the Unity Tower, you need to do an online trade with a person from another country...although there does appear to be a room for trades from your same country (I see Japanese fans I traded with my Japanese game in Room 51), you just can't access the tower through a same-country trade.
Holy shit. So is each floor unique?

Watch Da Birdie

No, each floor looks the same like in the picture I posted, at least Room 51 and 61 do...there's just different trainers in each from that country.

I imagine there's a limit...like in the Japanese Room on my game, I have like 5 trainers, so I think the oldest one will get overwritten if I trade with another Japanese player.

The whole thing is just for fun though...they tell you which Pokemon you traded with them and some other stuff, but I don't read Japanese. From what I hear, they comment on the real-life region they're from.

We've known about the Unity Tower since September, but it wasn't unlocked till the game came out outside Japan.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Question: For the Global Link and random battles, is there any way Nintendo will be limiting ubers and banning hacks? The whole ladder thing seems pretty pointless to me if my team is going to get destroyed by an entire team of Mewtwos.

daffy

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
If I'm on my Mac partition, there are settings to broadcast wi-fi natively. If I'm on Win 7 I use connectify...why doesn't it work for you?
omg, can somebody please explain how to do this to me, or point me to a guide on the Internet?

Edit: Nvmd, I should just Google it.

Watch Da Birdie

Alright Matt, I went a checked with a katakana sheet, and Room 61, your room, is indeed Chile.

Here's a pic of Room 51, Japan, which is where I'll be...yours won't be as filled as mine is, of course. :p
1Y9bql.jpg

Now I really want to use the GTS so I can unlock every room through obtaining a global assortment of Pokemon.

Lkr

who thought it was a good idea to have an
evil group that is trying to prevent the mistreatment of pokemon? doesn't really make them evil...

Izayoi

Banned
The Rizza said:
Has any gotten this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-Bl...uides/15729155 if so, how do you like it? I usually like to have a tangible guide instead of having to rely on serebii or google
I always buy both volumes of the physical guides. Very convenient, and the look nice to boot.

Go for it, it's way quicker than using Bulbapedia or Psypokes or whatever.

Watch Da Birdie said:
No, each floor looks the same like in the picture I posted, at least Room 51 and 61 do...there's just different trainers in each from that country.

I imagine there's a limit...like in the Japanese Room on my game, I have like 5 trainers, so I think the oldest one will get overwritten if I trade with another Japanese player.

The whole thing is just for fun though...they tell you which Pokemon you traded with them and some other stuff, but I don't read Japanese. From what I hear, they comment on the real-life region they're from.

We've known about the Unity Tower since September, but it wasn't unlocked till the game came out outside Japan.
Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
GLopez12 said:
Question: For the Global Link and random battles, is there any way Nintendo will be limiting ubers and banning hacks? The whole ladder thing seems pretty pointless to me if my team is going to get destroyed by an entire team of Mewtwos.

For the Global Battle Union, the ban list is here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globalbattleunion.shtml

It's basically the normal Legendary list, the base 100 Pokemon, and Chatot (for Chatter), and Phoine (for lols).

Lkr said:
evil group that is trying to prevent the mistreatment of pokemon? doesn't really make them evil...

Sort of like PETA. Sort of.

There are many members of Plasma that under mind what might be a decent organization and if you play until the end, you'll discover much more.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Alright Matt, I went a checked with a katakana sheet, and Room 61, your room, is indeed Chile.

Here's a pic of Room 51, Japan, which is where I'll be...
1Y9bql.jpg

Now I really want to use the GTS so I can unlock every room through obtaining a global assortment of Pokemon.

ahhaha cool!!!!

who are the other people???

I´m insterested to see what kind of things they say depending of the country xD

Edit: i misread and thought it was the pic from my room xD

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lkr said:

Well they're like PETA. Their goals are noble but they're complete a-holes trying to accomplish them. Edit- Damn you EvilMario!

Watch Da Birdie

lolez2matt said:
ahhaha cool!!!!

Those are Japanese trainers who I have traded with over the GTS in the past.

Izayoi

Banned
Lkr said:
PETA.

Edit: Beaten like crazy.

Wiseblade

lolez2matt said:
ahhaha cool!!!!

Edit: i misread and thought it was the pic from my room xD

If the two japanese dudes I traded with are any indication it's stuff like:

"Remember me? I'm [trainer name] from [city name]! I gave you my [Pokémon name]! I hope you're treating it well!"

Wiseblade said:
If the two japanese dudes I traded with are any indication it's stuff like:

"Remember me? I'm [trainer name] from [city name]! I gave you my [Pokémon name]! I hope you're treating it well!"

It would be cool If they say some specific thing about your country...

But well, I have at least a floor dedicated to my country xD

Browsing Amazon I saw the deal for 10$ worth of Amazon Credit if you pick-up Pokemon Black or White... Moments later I am the proud (pre)owner of Pokemon White.

Can't wait :)

Lkr

EvilMario said:
Sort of like PETA. Sort of.
There are many members of Plasma that under mind what might be a decent organization and if you play until the end, you'll discover much more.

Andrex said:
Well they're like PETA. Their goals are noble but they're complete a-holes trying to accomplish them. Edit- Damn you EvilMario!

Izayoi said:
PETA.
Edit: Beaten like crazy.
Well I am basing my experiences off of up until the first badge, so I guess there will be a lot more to it. So far I'm just not really feeling it. I don't know if Pokemon has worn off on me or what, but I just don't feel like I have the patience to learn all new Pokemon with nothing old in it. It also is harder to get into a game without the players guides that I used to have when I was a kid. I should probably buy one of those because I like having a map in front of me. Too bad they don't make those like they used to

Lkr

Izayoi said:
Seriously?

Oh lawd, you're in for some surprises.
I just got it this afternoon. My target was selling them and I wasn't going to complain. I didn't get the best luck though; someone on slickdeals got MLB 11 the show which comes out on tuesday for 50% off because apparently a staff member put it on clearance instead of the 2010 version...

2011/03/04 23:17 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
20:20 VANCOUVER Order information received by Canada Post
17:44 RICHMOND Item picked up by Canada Post

:(

I've decided on a nickname for Tepig: Baconator.

SaintZ

Gah! I was going to wait for "Grey" since my Pokédex over SS is still incomplete BUT seeing the games at Walmart today, the amazing OP and my little cousin who already beat the second gym in Black are making me reconsider and just buy the freaking White version D: So tempting!

Wiseblade

Moar lategame spoilerz:

Holy crap, pokemon league hijack! N is the new champion?! I'm starting to wish I had grinded a little on Victory Road...

Teknoman

Lkr said:

All shall be revealed. Fufufufufuuu...

Seriously though.

Teknoman

So for online battles, does your opponent look like the main character they chose, or like a trainer thats generated by their ID?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
51IjaK7%2Bg7L.jpg
51I1tS%2B6vnL.jpg

Pokemon Black and White have officially debuted in North America! And a new generation is ushered into another continent.

D-Pad

^ YAY! Still got a wait nine more hours. :D Time really flew since these games were announced last year. I remember thinking how long a wait it was going to be. I wonder how many wish they got that time back? I sort of do...

Teknoman said:
So for online battles, does your opponent look like the main character they chose, or like a trainer thats generated by their ID?
If the videos are anything to go by, it's the ID trainer thing. :\

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51IjaK7%2Bg7L.jpg[img] [img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51I1tS%2B6vnL.jpg[img]

Pokemon Black and White have officially debuted in North America! And a new generation is ushered into another continent.[/QUOTE]
Whoo, only ten more hours.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom