• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Mafro said:
I see the GTS is full of the usual "level 1 Tepig for level 100 Zekrom" bullshit already.
It's worth keeping in mind that if you search for Pokemon on the GTS, you are almost always going to see trades like this because the good trades are the ones that are actually going through instead of staying on there forever.
If you actually want to use the GTS, deposit your own Pokemon and ask for a fair trade instead of searching. If you deposit a starter, rare Pokemon or version exclusive then it will almost always go through.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Congrats to seraphinw1 for being the first to contribute an edit to the thread! I will be rolling your changes into the OP shortly, after I revise the Zoroark section to be less confusing too, and also add links to the Friend Code survey to the bottom.

Also, user Seastars, the friend code you entered is missing a digit. Please reply to this post with it so I can fix it.

Kazzy

OMG Aero said:
It's worth keeping in mind that if you search for Pokemon on the GTS, you are almost always going to see trades like this because the good trades are the ones that are actually going through instead of staying on there forever.
If you actually want to use the GTS, deposit your own Pokemon and ask for a fair trade instead of searching. If you deposit a starter, rare Pokemon or version exclusive then it will almost always go through.

Yep, if you put up a reasonable offer and give it a little time like-minded people will usually take up on you it.

It doesn't hurt to ask around on places like here though!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Think the music appreciation topic would be a decent link to add? Dont want to clutter up the PokeGAF section.

No that is a good idea, do you have the link handy?

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I am thinking of getting the DSi bundle since I only have DS Lites. However, with the 3DS coming out later this month, will the camera and video chat be also compatible with the 3DS using black and white?

2n8271c.jpg

Got my copy and enjoying it so far :3

rj118

To those waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday for Amazon to ship their games out, you can always just go to Wal-mart or whatever tomorrow anyway. Just return the unopened game from Amazon to the department store when it arrives in a few days!

I think somebody asked earlier but it wasn't answered. For the pokemon in the white versions forest are the also in black version? Are they harder to get or something? Just seems like catching them is infinitely better than fighting them.

flyinpiranha said:
I think somebody asked earlier but it wasn't answered. For the pokemon in the white versions forest are the also in black version? Are they harder to get or something? Just seems like catching them is infinitely better than fighting them.

I believe it is something like:
In Black City, you can fight their fully evolved forms in Black City, while in White Forest, you can catch their first stages.

So you can fight an Aggron in Black and catch an Aron in White.

Tommorow I get White, and my 12 year old brother is getting Black

We're going to be Pokemans masters together.

It's stupid though, I can get the game whenever because of Walmart, but stupid Gamestop doesn't open until 11, so I can't get Soul Silver's Celebi until then. And I really want Celebi, so I have to wait.

:/

I love WPA Internet though. It's been nerely 3 years since I could play DS games online, so this is a very welcome addition. More new DS games need to support WPA.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For anyone interested in the version breakdown:

• @NintendoAmerica's official Twitter poll shows a 55/45 breakdown in favor of Pokemon White
  • Pokemon White is a lot higher than Black on Amazon.com.
  • For my own friend codes form, White leads Black with one vote (56/44 breakdown)
=)

You know, this'll be the first time I go into a Pokemon game completely blind. This will be the first Pokemon game where I don't even know the region's name, the gym leaders, the Pokemon or any of the new mechanics.

I'm kind of excited. I have a feeling it's going to VASTLY improve the game for me. I knew every single corner of DP before it came out, and it was a pretty boring ride since nothing was new and I had already seen and read about everything.

For RS I already knew the Pokemon. I didn't know much about the game itself, but I had a poster of the Pokemon on it a few years before I got Ruby.

For Gold and Silver I knew everything about it before hand. My cousin managed to get himself Silver from Japan, so I got a nice hands on play time with it long before I was able to play it. While it didn't ruin the game, it wasn't exactly fresh either.

For Red and Blue, I was a huge fan of the Anime and tcg. The games were just the next logical step, but I already knew all about them.

For White version, I know nothing other than what the starters look like, and the dude's on the box, and boobat and goobat or whatever that thing is, just because I wanted to see who replaced our beloved Zubat.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Electivirus said:
Interesting. Is this the first time that the second version's been seemingly more popular?

Probably the third time, Silver and SoulSilver were both much more popular than Gold and HeartGold.

Sanic

Hype is starting to get to me. I'm winding down on Soul Silver, so my plan was to pickup a copy of Platinum with my 3DS at launch, but I may just spring for Black tomorrow :/. Will be difficult to go back to Plat afterwards, i'm sure.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bah, work from 11:30-8:00 tommorow. Hopefully I can wake up early and pick up the game before I go to work, so I can play it when I get home.

And next week is spring break...perfect!

Speaking of EVs, I hear apparently they're actually named in the game as Base Points, at least in the Japanese version. Don't know if they'll keep that name in the English version, but I'm interested if fans can switch to a new name after years of using EVs.

BTW, I have my Japanese Black Version ready if anyone wants to do some trading tonight...I can get you any Starter for instance, so give me a ring if you need one. :)

Shiggie

went to Nintendo World Store today to get my hands on it early. No chance. the line was closed by the time I got there. I ate a Quater Pounder to drown my sorrows ;( Tomorrow it is then.

Penguin

Shiggie said:
went to Nintendo World Store today to get my hands on it early. No chance. the line was closed by the time I got there. I ate a Quater Pounder to drown my sorrows ;( Tomorrow it is then.

Better than standing on line for nearly 3 hours only to be told there aren't enough copies for everyone. >.<

Plasmid

For anyone in college that require browser log ins / application log ins, how do you get your DS's on the internet? I've tried connectify, MyWi on my phone etc, but no dice, i'm going to be severely pissed if i can't use my campus internet.

Also, pre-paid white, getting celebi tomorrow. :D

Zilch

Banned
Guess I'll probably head over to Gamestop tomorrow morning to pick up a copy and some Celebis along with it. Hype growing!

Watch Da Birdie

Quick question, the E4 are actually legit this time, right?

Well, this time, you actually get to pick which order you fight them in. I'm not sure what you mean by "legit" though, but I think they're all rather neat this time with the "power types", so to speak.

The only disappointing part is that they only use 4 Pokemon each.
At least until the rematch...the REAL Elite Four challenge this time

Just got my email from shipping notice email from amazon, should be getting both my collector's guide & white version Monday

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I can't be there day one! Raaaaaaage. My DS won't charge anymore, I think I did something to it last time I took it apart, so I have to wait till spring break to try and fix it.

Also I'm really torn on version. They both have awesome content, and there's actual meaning to the choice now.

Shiggie

Penguin said:
Better than standing on line for nearly 3 hours only to be told there aren't enough copies for everyone. >.<
Oh shit. what time was this announced? I got to the line sometime before 6pm.

Poyunch

Plasmid said:
For anyone in college that require browser log ins / application log ins, how do you get your DS's on the internet? I've tried connectify, MyWi on my phone etc, but no dice, i'm going to be severely pissed if i can't use my campus internet.

I think you'll have to get a Nintendo Wifi connector. I don't have one so I'll only be able to use online when I go home on the weekends. :/

The Technomancer

Plasmid said:

If I'm on my Mac partition, there are settings to broadcast wi-fi natively. If I'm on Win 7 I use connectify...why doesn't it work for you?

Plasmid

PounchEnvy said:
I think you'll have to get a Nintendo Wifi connector. I don't have one so I'll only be able to use online when I go home on the weekends. :/

BLASPHEMY! I guess ill just run to coffee shops whenever i need.

The_Technomancer said:
If I'm on my Mac partition, there are settings to broadcast wi-fi natively. If I'm on Win 7 I use connectify...why doesn't it work for you?

I have a DS lite which apparently doesn't support AD-HOC networks. :(

Watch Da Birdie said:
Bah, work from 11:30-8:00 tommorow. Hopefully I can wake up early and pick up the game before I go to work, so I can play it when I get home.

And next week is spring break...perfect!

Speaking of EVs, I hear apparently they're actually named in the game as Base Points, at least in the Japanese version. Don't know if they'll keep that name in the English version, but I'm interested if fans can switch to a new name after years of using EVs.

BTW, I have my Japanese Black Version ready if anyone wants to do some trading tonight...I can get you any Starter for instance, so give me a ring if you need one. :)
Im interested in the starters <3 my friend code is : 2150 7401 2119 ill pm you <3

Rokam

Does anyone know if Gamestops trade in deal (25% more) is restricted to preorder or can I go in tomorrow and trade in and buy a copy?

Wow good idea with the google document Andrex. I didn't know you could do that with those.

Only a few more hours, hopefully my Walmart will have it. c.c

The Technomancer

Plasmid said:
I have a DS lite which apparently doesn't support AD-HOC networks. :(
Hm, my DS Lite works just fine on the Mac network, but I've never tried it with connectify. I would if my DS wasn't borked! (raaaaage)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MidnightScott said:
Wow good idea with the google document Andrex. I didn't know you could do that with those.

Only a few more hours, hopefully my Walmart will have it. c.c

No prob. Like I said, sorry I stole your job from you. :p

balladofwindfishes said:
I'm still confused on why the opposite colored legendary is the one on the box and in the game.

Imagine Kyogre in Ruby, or Palkia in Diamond. Just doesn't seem right...

Yin/yang, man.

D-Pad

balladofwindfishes said:
I'm still confused on why the opposite colored legendary is the one on the box and in the game.

Imagine Kyogre in Ruby, or Palkia in Diamond. Just doesn't seem right...
P7in4s.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Wanting to Train a Druddigon?
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.

Rokam said:
Does anyone know if Gamestops trade in deal (25% more) is restricted to preorder or can I go in tomorrow and trade in and buy a copy?
I'd imagine it depends more on the person you get behind the counter. When I was working at Gamestop my second manager was an asshole about preorders. He'd hassle everyone that came in looking for a copy on launch day. "Did you preorder? Why didn't you preorder? You're lucky we still have a copy but I'm not sure I should sell it to you. If you knew you wanted it the first day, you should have preordered." Dick.

My first manager, on the other hand, if the promotion required a preorder, he'd probably put it in on a random game then refund the credit back and apply it to whatever you wanted. Unfortunately, he got fired because somebody higher up found out he had a modded Xbox. I guess I'm glad he didn't tell them who modded it for him. *whistles nonchalantly*

mjc

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

He is one ugly looking pokemon.

Plasmid

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, my DS Lite works just fine on the Mac network, but I've never tried it with connectify. I would if my DS wasn't borked! (raaaaage)

I'd try to partition my drive to install osx but i'll just not.
haha.

btkadams

Watch Da Birdie said:
jpoby.gif

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.
oooo! can i trade for one tomorrow when i get the game? he looks cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom