• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
Thanks a lot, Izayoi!
The least I could do.

Just saw your question, ha. Maybe. I need to take an inventory and figure out what it is exactly I need. I'll get back to you later today if there is anything I need.

Nayishiki said:
No Problem. Yeah you can trade straight from boxes.
Hey, thanks a ton man. I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm out.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with trading, see you all later today.

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
The least I could do.

Just saw your question, ha. Maybe. I need to take an inventory and figure out what it is exactly I need. I'll get back to you later today if there is anything I need.
I tried to, but until you were all "no keep him" I wasn't sure anything I was saying was getting through as I didn't get a reply.

Enjoy your sleep!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Izayoi said:
No kidding. Water for life.
I used to always go water but decided to mix things up with Heart Gold and went with fire.

That and the one old Pokemon I may being back in Ludicolo.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bankoiia said:
Just about to hit the eighth gym. Can anyone help evolve my Gurdurr?

FC: 4384 1127 1659

Evolve him ASAP. He doesn't learn anything differently in his second form, and the power boost is massive.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
I used to always go water but decided to mix things up with Heart Gold and went with fire.

That and the one old Pokemon I may being back in Ludicolo.

I let GAF choose my starter in SS so I ended up picking... Cyndaquil! Who looks pretty cool, but man Gen 2 starters are the worst.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
I let GAF choose my starter in SS so I ended up picking... Cyndaquil! Who looks pretty cool, but man Gen 2 starters are the worst.
Good thing you can get a Sentret on the first route then.

Which is the version more people are playing this time? Also, is there a pokedex out yet? I see one by pokemon company that comes out next month but is there and unofficial one that is good?

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
I have no idea about their stats, but I always thought they looked well-designed, visually.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Which is the version more people are playing this time? Also, is there a pokedex out yet? I see one by pokemon company that comes out next month but is there and unofficial one that is good?

According to my copy of pokemon

2 people haave white, 1 has black.

789shadow

Banned
Beat the game last night. Grinding up to level 54 for the Pokemon League definitely paid off by making the last fights piss easy.

And now the new area has trainers with Pokemon in the 60's. :|

Any suggestions on where to train up for that?

Gravijah

789shadow said:
Beat the game last night. Grinding up to level 54 for the Pokemon League definitely paid off by making the last fights piss easy.

Well, you can start by battling the trainers in Big Stadium/Little Court. You can fight them once each day.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
789shadow said:

I found a nice spot on route 14 just outside White Forest/Black City. The grass is small enough so that you don't risk entering a random battle when going for a shaking patch. Audinos are around level 50 here.

Wiseblade

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

According to my surveys, 7 people have White and 2 people (including myself) have Black.

Roto13

Anyone want to lend me a Thunderus for like two seconds? I want to get its data in my Pokedex so I can track one down on the GTS. You can borrow my Tornadus.

Woffls

Roto13 said:
Anyone want to lend me a Thunderus for like two seconds? I want to get its data in my Pokedex so I can track one down on the GTS. You can borrow my Tornadus.
YES! I need exactly the opposite. White FC is 0217-9980-5725. [edit] FFFF I just ran in front of a trainer >_< gimmie a minute.

Woffls

Roto13 said:
Awesome. I'm number 53 on the official list. Gonna add you and head into the wi fi room.
Aight, do we walk out the room then back in and trade back or what? When does the dex entry register? [edit] ohhhh bro, you used a Master Ball for Tornadus? =\

Roto13

Woffls said:
Aight, do we walk out the room then back in and trade back or what? When does the dex entry register?
I think it registers the second we trade. WE can trade back immediately. EDIT: I used a Master Ball because roaming legendaries are the most annoying Pokemon to catch. :p

Gravijah

Roto13 said:
I think it registers the second we trade. WE can trade back immediately. EDIT: I used a Master Ball because roaming legendaries are the most annoying Pokemon to catch. :p

It only took like one ultra ball to get my Tornadus. I was surprised.

Speaking of, anyone want to loan me their Thunderus so I can get Landorus? I can loan you Tornadus afterwards to do the same.

Woffls

Roto13 said:
Woo! Cheers for that, I've only got to see one more and that's the Unova Dex sorted :D I'm keeping my Master Ball, I don't know what for, though. What do people recommend I use it on? A rare shiny or something?

Gravijah said:
Speaking of, anyone want to loan me their Thunderus so I can get Landorus?
I need to do this actually, you can borrow mine if I can borrow yours! Does it just involve taking both of them to the Abundant Shrine and catching Landorus when it appears?

suikodan

I'll ask again:

How does the Entralink work? I went to the "special world" and tried to go across the bridge and it wouldn't connect to my gf's world.

Her C-Gear was open and we traded Pokemons before trying. Anyone has been successful?

I'm playing English version while she has the Black version in another language. It isn't supposed to be a matter, right?

And to add to the pleasure, I have a PKMN Black code for Club Nintendo to give out. I bought Black twice (for gf and niece) and it seems that I can't register it twice so anyone that gives me an answer will get the code. :D

Raxus

Gravijah said:
It only took like one ultra ball to get my Tornadus. I was surprised.

Speaking of, anyone want to loan me their Thunderus so I can get Landorus? I can loan you Tornadus afterwards to do the same.
I have black too, I need Thunderus to catch Landorus. I will use super repels and catch him asap and lend someone my Tornadus afterwards so they can catch Landorus.
My FC:

4555 9433 2002

Gravijah

Woffls said:
I need to do this actually, you can borrow mine if I can borrow yours! Does it just involve taking both of them to the Abundant Shrine and catching Landorus when it appears?

You need to bring both of them to the shrine, so one of us would have to use both first, then the other.

Roto13

Woffls said:
Woo! Cheers for that, I've only got to see one more and that's the Unova Dex sorted :D I'm keeping my Master Ball, I don't know what for, though. What do people recommend I use it on? A rare shiny or something?
I have four or five Master Balls in HeartGold from all of the Pokemon games I played where I was too anal to use it and now I can't even bring them forward into Black. :p Legendaries that run are the way to go. At least if I have trouble catching a stationary legendary, I can just load my save and try again. With a roaming legendary, I have to hunt it down again. >_>

But yeah, since you already have Thundurus, save it for a shiny, maybe, even though they're not really any harder to catch than non-shinies.
suikodan said:
I'll ask again:

How does the Entralink work? I went to the "special world" and tried to go across the bridge and it wouldn't connect to my gf's world.

Her C-Gear was open and we traded Pokemons before trying. Anyone has been successful?

I'm playing English version while she has the Black version in another language. It isn't supposed to be a matter, right?

And to add to the pleasure, I have a PKMN Black code for Club Nintendo to give out. I bought Black twice (for gf and niece) and it seems that I can't register it twice so anyone that gives me an answer will get the code. :D
If you make a family account, you can register the same game twice and get the coins for it. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thundurus isn't that hard to find since it seems to run around the same three routes all the time.

Now is only it would learn to stay in the ball.

Sooo good. I bred many solosis. The man kept giving eggs so I felt obliged. For the hell of it, I've been putting them up on global trade for random pokemon. Female oshawott, tepig, patrat, tranquil, simisage, fire monkey, gothita, zorua, tirtouga are all mine! :D

If anyone wants a solosis I still have a few more.

Woffls

Gravijah said:
You need to bring both of them to the shrine, so one of us would have to use both first, then the other.
Cool, just found the shrine so I know where to go. I'll let you catch it first, White FC is 0217-9980-5725 and I'll be in the room by the time you get there.

Wiseblade

Woffls said:

I tend to save my master balls for when I want to SR reset a legendary for god IV/nature.

Gravijah

Woffls said:
Cool, just found the shrine so I know where to go. I'll let you catch it first, White FC is 0217-9980-5725 and I'll be in the room by the time you get there.

On my way. (I assume you already added my FC from the list)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Got home last night. Brother can't find his DS, has spare charged battery lying around. We swap out, I play Pokemon for two hours, fall asleep.

This morning open up my DS to try and fix charging issue, accidentally break off power switch. So mine is pretty much useless now, and I have no working DS to play Pokemon on. And I don't want to buy a new one for $70 because the 3DS comes out soon!

The_Technomancer said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Got home last night. Brother can't find his DS, has spare charged battery lying around. We swap out, I play Pokemon for two hours, fall asleep.

This morning open up my DS to try and fix charging issue, accidentally break off power switch. So mine is pretty much useless now, and I have no working DS to play Pokemon on. And I don't want to buy a new one for $70 because the 3DS comes out soon!

The switch broke off? Nothing to push it with?

Gravijah

Oh man this guy is level 70. Gimme a little, Woffls. Haha.

Edit: Uh well nm. One Ultra Ball sealed the deal. Meet me back in the WiFi room!

Woffls

The_Technomancer said:
I actually thought you were going in the "and my game save disappeared" direction. When I read it was just a broken DS, I was genuinely thinking "oh, that's okay then" xD I would lose my shit so bad if any of my Pokémon carts lost their saves.

@Gravijah oh really!? My team are about level 60 so it shouldn't take too long. Hell, I'll even use some Ultra balls for this one ;D I assume it doesn't flee or anything then run around?

789shadow

Banned
BGBW said:
I found a nice spot on route 14 just outside White Forest/Black City. The grass is small enough so that you don't risk entering a random battle when going for a shaking patch. Audinos are around level 50 here.
Don't I still have to go through trainers to get there, though?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
789shadow said:
Don't I still have to go through trainers to get there, though?
You can sneak around most of them. I managed to get to all the towns on the right hand side of the map with only two fights in total, both of which I could have dodged is I was a little more careful.

Roto13

survivor said:
So I just killed Cobalion by accident. Does he respawn again at the same place or should I just restart my save file?
Someone said the legendaries respawn after you beat the Elite 4.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Goddamn it Thundurus, every other Pokemon got its ass into a Pokeball straight away. Just accept your fate.

Raxus

survivor said:
So I just killed Cobalion by accident. Does he respawn again at the same place or should I just restart my save file?
I just restart out of habit.

@BGBW Thundurus isn't 'all other pokemon' He has a VERY low capture rate.

Busaiku

So I beat the main story.
Didn't really see the last battles coming, it was definitely a nice touch.
I absolutely hated the fact that I couldn't even see Reshiram's nature before the game auto-saved, and I got a pretty useless one...

Cranzor

I'm just about to go to the 4th gym and my whole team are levels 18-23. Will I be fine when I get to the end or am I under-leveled?

Woffls

Landorus is being a right dick. Not getting a single shake on any of these Pokéballs. A random Great Ball got 3, but the rest just get nothing. Now that Landorus has appeared, can I just trade Tornadus back and come back to catch it later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom