• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Woffls said:
Landorus is being a right dick. Not getting a single shake on any of these Pokéballs. A random Great Ball got 3, but the rest just get nothing. Now that Landorus has appeared, can I just trade Tornadus back and come back to catch it later?

I'm not sure, but take your time. Tornadus will just be sitting in my box when I take him back anyway.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
upandaway said:
Eeeeeh.

Let's say he wasn't the star of my game.

Just kidding, he kicked ass

Surprisingly I'm not using my starter as much as in previous games (though keeping my team's levels even probably has something to do with that).

*spends a few hours transfering all Gold and Silver Pokemon over to White*

Whoo, I hope they release a Battle Revolution or Colosseum type game that supports BW soon. Preferably based on Stadium 2, actually, with Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh starters and legendaries as prizes in the tournaments.

Busaiku

Before I get Victini or Tornadus, I need to confirm something which I've never been sure of.
Are the natures of legendaries determined as soon as I see them, or whenever I catch them?

survivor

Banned
Alright I'm finalizing my team for the Elite Four. I got everything covered except for the last slot. I'm thinking of a Psychic Pokemon with good Special Attack stat. My choice is down to either Reuniclus or Sigilyph.

The problem is that Reuniclus has a very high Special Attack but his moveset sucks. I can only Psychic for reliable damage. On the other hand Sigilyph has a good moveset and he can use Charge Beam, Air Slash and Psychic plus he gives me a Flying Pokemon which I lack.

Gravijah

survivor said:
Alright I'm finalizing my team for the Elite Four. I got everything covered except for the last slot. I'm thinking of a Psychic Pokemon with good Special Attack stat. My choice is down to either Reuniclus or Sigilyph.

The problem is that Reuniclus has a very high Special Attack but his moveset sucks. I can only Psychic for reliable damage. On the other hand Sigilyph has a good moveset and he can use Charge Beam, Air Slash and Psychic plus he gives me a Flying Pokemon which I lack.

My Reuniclus has Psychic/Flash Cannon/Shadow Ball and I'm pretty sure I got the TMs before E4.

survivor

Banned
Gravijah said:
My Reuniclus has Psychic/Flash Cannon/Shadow Ball and I'm pretty sure I got the TMs before E4.
Oh yeah I forgot about Shadow Ball. Also I just checked and Flash Cannon is in Twist Mountain. I probably missed it somehow.

farnham

Banned
survivor said:

Psychic Pokemon isnt that good as two of the four elite fours are resistant against psychic and one is psychic

that means the only elite four that psychic is effective against would be the fight type elite four (and that guy is by far the weakest imho)

Gravijah

farnham said:
Psychic Pokemon isnt that good as two of the four elite fours are resistant against psychic and one is psychic

that means the only elite four that psychic is effective against would be the fight type elite four (and that guy is by far the weakest imho)

Yeah but since Reuniclus learns Shadow Ball you can use that to take out the Psychic E4.

survivor

Banned
farnham said:

I got Ferrothorn for the Psychic Elite Four so I'm not worried about him. I only wanted one since both Reuniclus an Siglyph have a high Special Attack stat and they seemed alright looking. Beside I just learned there is a Fighting Elite Four so they will be useful too.

Raxus

I dunno if it is just me, but connecting is a bitch in this game. Can someone help me with my Port Range Forwarding and assigning an IP to the DS via PM? Thanks.

Teknoman

Mank said:
The Lock Capsule not being distributed is really going to annoy me :( Hopefully they finally give it out before too long...

Im still wondering why other regions never got the chance to legit catch Arceus. I mean how can you leave a whole area locked off and then just move on to other generations and remakes? Better not pull that with Black&White, especially with all the online connectivity options.

Woffls

No probs! Happy to help.

The realisation that Landorus is #151 means there's probably a few more Legendaries I don't know about. Guess I'd better go for a stroll :D

@Raxus, let me know when you sort the connection issues out and you can borrow Thundurus.

Raxus

Thanks Woffls. It worked fine last night. I dunno if a firewall would explain the issue but I did manage to trade fine last night.

Ilúvatar

I'm still pretty far away from the post-game, but what are your guys thoughts on it? Did they do a better job of giving you more things of the appropriate level to fight or is there still a huge gap like in HG/SS where you fought the Elite 4 and then the next thing for you to do is fight Red who has level 90s -.-

Teknoman

Wow
Celestial
tower. Its like a combination of Chrono Trigger, Zelda, and Pokemon music.

Oh and how are you guys resurrecting fossils? Thought i'd check the museum back in Nacrene, but nothing.

btkadams

Teknoman said:
Wow
Celestial
tower. Its like a combination of Chrono Trigger, Zelda, and Pokemon music.

Oh and how are you guys resurrecting fossils? Thought i'd check the museum back in Nacrene, but nothing.
museum in nacrene. talk to the lady at the front entrance on the right-side counter.

Ravidrath

Beat Black last night, right before heading to bed - really like the ends of these games, as they are just ridiculously epic... even if none of it really makes any sense.

Just need to get Thundorus, get Virizion and open the PokeTransfer and I think I'll be ready to start White in earnest.

Anything essential I'm missing? Not entirely sure that'll be all I do of Black's post-game, but thinking that's all I'll do for now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't believe I left this game on for 8 hours at LAX and didn't get one survey response. What a waste of counted in-game time!

Glix

Andrex said:
I can't believe I left this game on for 8 hours at LAX and didn't get one survey response. What a waste of counted in-game time!

Ya, I can't believe there isn't even one kid in my apartment building that has the damn game on tag mode... like, ever :(

Gravijah

Thank God for StreetPass on the 3DS. Going to make the tag stuff in Pokemon games so much easier. :/

Edit: I also really miss the Pokewalker. Wish it was more of a virtual pet, though. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Teknoman said:
Im still wondering why other regions never got the chance to legit catch Arceus. I mean how can you leave a whole area locked off and then just move on to other generations and remakes? Better not pull that with Black&White, especially with all the online connectivity options.
Arceus is the only Pokemon I bothered to get by going to a store event.
I really should do the in-game event in Heart Gold that involves him at some point.

Ravidrath

BGBW said:
I really should do the in-game event in Heart Gold that involves him at some point.

Yeah, the fact that they've moved onto Gen 5 and we don't have the Lock Capsule is also irksome... wonder if it'll get Mew'd/Arceus'd.

Roto13

BGBW said:
Great way to get Giratina's origin form if you don't have Platinum. :p

Morokh

Post game isn't that hard, take types that are effective, and even with 10 levels below you'll be fine, and you'll up really quick.

Gravijah

AnkiRendan said:
I'm so upset that there is not a Light Ball in this game. What were they thinking? I want my Pikachu to be strong. =(

Ah, that reminds me. Gotta bring my Surfing Raichu into BW and maybe use it for my White playthrough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom