• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Very nice! Subbed! :D
Thanks!

Gravijah said:
What are those pictures from?
4chan. Here's what I've got (big so in thumbnail format).

Speaking of images, I'm stuck. I kind of wanted to do something related to the new characters in the remakes (so you would actually know it was a remake) but it's impossible to find anything suitable with Lyra, and so I just went with a nice image that has Ethan in it. However, for Leaf, it's even harder, and with no distinquishable differences between Red in both games I'm fucked. Here's the two that I'm debating using, one with the janky borders that I'm not sure what to do with and the other with no relation to the fact that it's a remake.

Also, I'm having a similar problem choosing the image for Gen III. Again with the borders thing. It's hard finding nice images that are in a proper aspect ratio or big enough to crop down, unfortunately.

Any input is welcome, because I really don't know what to pick.

ZayneH said:
Are you going to add more than just the battle tracks from each Gen? What about remakes?
Battle tracks first, because those are the ones I hear people asking for the most.

Once I get all of those done I'll be adding other stuff.

Music from every main series game, including remakes, will be there.

I'd just like to say that B/W have gotten everything right so far for me. Only a few pokemon designs have been cringeworthy thus far (I'm on the 6th gym) and there are actually quite a few I like. I am bugged by the fact that your pokemon is low res during battle, just like in the old games, and that there isn't true 3D, but I've been very happy with the game thus far. I especially like how GF has included NPC's to help make some of the more advanced strategies easier, too (hidden power dude).

Very nice game thus far. Game Freak knows how to not mess up.

Articalys

Actually, I'm surprised there were only the four different battle themes in Gen I. It makes sense when you think about it (it was only an original Game Boy game) but it does show how far we've come since then.

Anyway, I threw in a sub too, since even with all the different VGM youtube channels out there it'll be nice to have one dedicated to Pokemon.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Actually, I'm surprised there were only the four different battle themes in Gen I. It makes sense when you think about it (it was only an original Game Boy game) but it does show how far we've come since then.

Anyway, I threw in a sub too, since even with all the different VGM youtube channels out there it'll be nice to have one dedicated to Pokemon.
Thanks. I was surprised myself. I had to go through it three times just to make sure, but yeah, only four.

Gen V has over a dozen that I can count off the top of my head, but I know there are more than that.

It's crazy.

zumphry

Banned
Izayoi said:
Battle tracks first, because those are the ones I hear people asking for the most.

Once I get all of those done I'll be adding other stuff.

Music from every main series game, including remakes, will be there.

Cool! I was gonna guess that was how you were gonna do it, but just having 4 battle tracks in R/G/B/Y really does put a perspective on how far the series has come.

Izayoi

Banned
TwinIonEngines said:
Cobalion

Hasty

HP 23-25
ATK 25-27
DEF 4-6
Sp. A 20, 22
Sp. D 28
SPD 23

Should I keep him or continue trying for something better?
That's pretty solid. Resetting for IVs seems almost like it would be more painful than resetting for a shiny. At least there's only one variable to worry about.

D-Pad said:
Holy hell yes! I just hatched a shiny Snivy!
That's two in like the past ten pages. Maybe I should start breeding Snivy.

Andrefpvs

Obsessed said:
KingK said:
Are you shitting me?! White's Opelucid City theme is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Perhaps you have an ear infection or something? Idk but you might want to go to a doctor. Something is wrong with your ears.

White's Opelucid City theme sucks.

This is the biggest crime against humanity I've ever read! No one should be devoid of White's Opelucid City theme, it made me a complete human being!

Christine

Izayoi said:
That's pretty solid. Resetting for IVs seems almost like it would be more painful than resetting for a shiny. At least there's only one variable to worry about.

Thanks! It was pretty tedious, but it helped that I was prioritizing attack and I eventually got a pretty good bead on what it would be from the damage he dealt.

Also, I think there was discussion quite a few pages back about the speed stat affecting catch rates? It definitely seems that way to me. I didn't track it in detail, but it took many more attempts to catch the speedier instances. This one in particular burnt through 11 dusk balls and 14 ultras.

Izayoi said:
Just finished uploading the Gen I music, in a playlist for your convenience:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewMcDuffy#grid/user/038D374BD6EFB0C5

I'm working on Gen II stuff right now. Gen III tomorrow probably.
Cool, I'm subscribing to that!
Gravijah said:
...wait, which one is pringles?
BuDzz.png

Jellicent

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
i hate youuuuu
He's calm natured though (with glare and iron tail), and I was looking for a Jolly natured Snivy, which I got two eggs later. He's going in my PC, along with three other shinies (from like three different games). Maybe by gen 7 I'll have enough to make an all shiny team, if GF continues to allow x-gen transfers. :p

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I think we can all agree that FRLG Sabrina is the best Sabrina.

http://i.imgur.com/lZtt5.png[img][/QUOTE]
If there is one thing in the entire Pokemon universe that is not up for debate that has got to be it.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Also, I'm having a similar problem choosing the image for Gen III. Again with the borders thing. It's hard finding nice images that are in a proper aspect ratio or big enough to crop down, unfortunately.
JD9Bul.jpg

I found this for a HG/SS image; don't really know what you're looking for so not sure what else might fit. Action images, scenic images, whatever?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
http://i.imgur.com/JD9Bul.jpg[IMG]

I found this for a HG/SS image; don't really know what you're looking for so not sure what else might fit. Action images, scenic images, whatever?[/QUOTE]
Something pretty. This is what I'm using for HGSS right now:

[URL=http://imgur.com/xiTBc][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xiTBcl.jpg[/URL]

Your image is nice, but it's way too small unfortunately. I need something that's 1280x720, or big enough to resize/crop into 1280x720. I refuse to uprez.

Also, Gravijah, you better make my mind up for me regarding the Generation III images here pretty quick.

Izayoi

Banned
ZayneH said:
Where's the love for Andrex Barry Pearl?
Unfortunately Barry is fucking obnoxious and Pearl is Special-only so I didn't include an image with him.

Honestly I just couldn't find one large enough that had all three of them in it.

Articalys said:
Man, I forgot how good the G/S roaming theme sounds in the 8-bit style.

Are all these pictures coming from wallpaper threads on 4chan?
Nope. I get them straight from pixiv. I used to post a bunch of scenic threads on 4chan, long before /vp/ existed - they included many of these images.

Anyway, the GSC playlist is finished:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewMcDuffy#grid/user/B7954959CB702335

Recording the Gen III stuff now. For the time being it will be unlooped, and only as long as the tracks in-game are. It's going to take a very long time to get everything properly looped so I figure it's better to get something up now as opposed to it not being up for days.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Is viogsf the superior plugin compared to highly advanced?
viogsf is based off of Highly Advanced. They both sound the same with the proper tweaks.

Personally, I much prefer foobar2000 to Winamp so I use viogsf.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Must rebuild my VGM collection. No more youtubes!
YouTube is nice when you're on the go, though. I don't have a device that can fit my collection on it (my 80gb Zune fits some of it, I guess). Being able to just search for whatever you're in the mood for is nice.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
YouTube is nice when you're on the go, though. I don't have a device that can fit my collection on it (my 80gb Zune fits some of it, I guess). Being able to just search for whatever you're in the mood for is nice.

Yeah, I've had to move between a few different computers over the past few years which is why I just stopped and moved onto youtube. My 30GB iPod is also way too small.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Yeah, I've had to move between a few different computers over the past few years which is why I just stopped and moved onto youtube. My 30GB iPod is also way too small.
Multi-terabyte, .FLAC capable, and Unicode supporting portable media players when?

Articalys

Izayoi said:
... dare I ask what the total size is?

Articalys

Gravijah said:
Music collections are ever expanding, limited only by your harddrive! ;p I know mine started dwarfing my iPod, so I just stopped using it.
Well can I at least ask what kind of folder structure you use? Do you just use your main music folder as the root or create a separate folder just for game music and store everything from there?

And just to stay on topic, Victini wasn't too annoying for me, at 1hp and sleeping it only took about 10 throws to catch it.

Izayoi said:
Y2F5L.png

I've got about 500MB more on a different computer.
I, uh... damn.

TheOGB

Banned
It is now 4 in the morning but I finally did it. I have just beaten the game and holy fucking fuck was that an amazing ending. From the presentation of the Elite 4 making me think "Holy shit" to
the 3D cutscenes making me say out loud, "HOLY SHIT"
I was constantly being blown away. As for the story,
I enjoyed every bit of it, even the parts I knew about beforhand. Everything felt new and exciting. I fucking cried manly tears when the Gym leaders showed up with that song playing in the background... :D It was like a Guile's theme moment, except this was real. And it was beautiful. Then seeing Zekrom and Reshiram's reveals, and fighting N, and then Ghetsis... Needless to say, I came buckets.

But really, N and Ghetsis are small time. That Hydreigon wasn't shit... for the most part. But that Zoroark really caught me off guard.

Now... ONTO THE POSTGAME
Wth Looker you're so weird man

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Well can I at least ask what kind of folder structure you use? Do you just use your main music folder as the root or create a separate folder just for game music and store everything from there?

And just to stay on topic, Victini wasn't too annoying for me, at 1hp and sleeping it only took about 10 throws to catch it.
Code:
Root

- Normal

- Band Name
       - Album Name

- OST

- Game
       - Franchise
          - Official
             - Album
          - Arrange
             - Group
                - Album

- Movie
       - Franchise
          - Official
             - Album

- Series
       - Franchise
          - Official
             - Album

- Anime
       - Franchise
          - Official
             - Album

Been thinking about organizing my normal stuff into genres for a while now.

Andrefpvs

Izayoi said:

Gorgeous image.

Here's a random thought: Forest/Jungle Green is an awesome palette of colors. Take HGSS Viridian Forest, for example. Look how much better it looks with its greenish pallete.

Look at this
awesomely nostalgic
piece of crap:
acu8t.gif

Now compare to this awesome feeling of green freshness:
Ok3oE.png

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom