• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1SSY

Anth0ny said:
My goals:

haxorus.png
9vRgd.png

Japanese Ditto getting worked right now.

Honestly, every shiny should just be a black version. I mean, LOOK AT THAT.
Those are the two that I really want. I have a japanese ditto and one box already full of axew just trying to get a shiny.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My beautiful OP serves no purpose if we move to Community. :( Who's making this decision?

Roto13

Just got an email reminding me that the Victini even expires on the 10th. I got mine on launch day, of course. ;P I wonder what the next Mystery Gift event will be.

Red

Wilsongt said:
How exactly does that work?
Trainers generally give you more experience than standard long grass battles, and every day there will be a fresh set of trainers in the Nimbasa city stadiums. They can be rebattled every day. Outside of that, grind Victory Road I guess.

If this gets moved to community it's going to have a lot less exposure and will prolly die much faster than if it was in gaming discussion....Just my take.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Crunched said:
Trainers generally give you more experience than standard long grass battles, and every day there will be a fresh set of trainers in the Nimbasa city stadiums. They can be rebattled every day. Outside of that, grind Victory Road I guess.

The stadiums are good, yes. The "Riches" house is also pretty good once you have a lot of them showing up. Check there every day, a new person will arrive every time.

Beyond that though, I did almost all of my grinding in the dark grass in the north-east corner of the Village Bridge. Best bunch of exp-giving wild pokemon there as far as I'm concerned.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wiseblade said:
Ugh, getting moved to Community is going to kill this thread.

Pretty sure the idea behind threads like this being moved over is so that people will actually go to community :p

At least now I have a reason to check it besides the halo and tf2 threads.

TheOGB

Banned
Zerokku said:
Pretty sure the idea behind threads like this being moved over is so that people will actually go to community :p

At least now I have a reason to check it besides the halo and tf2 threads.
pikachuspy34.png

Adamm

Evening PokéGAF

Ive been reading up about all this breeding/IV stuff & its all a bit confusing, so i just wanted to check ive got it right!

Say I have 2 pokemon, one with 31 in health & the other with 31 in Attack & Speed.

I breed these together & hope that my egg gets lucky and inherit those three 31's?
and at the same time hope it gets lucky with the other 3 IVs?

& obviously the ideal situation would be 2 great parents so the chances of inheriting 31s is much higher..

Or have i got this totally wrong?

Busaiku

Adamm said:
Evening PokéGAF

Ive been reading up about all this breeding/IV stuff & its all a bit confusing, so i just wanted to check ive got it right!

Say I have 2 pokemon, one with 31 in health & the other with 31 in Attack & Speed.

I breed these together & hope that my egg gets lucky and inherit those three 31's?

& obviously the ideal situation would be 2 great parents so the chances of inheriting 31s is much higher..

Yes, without any of the Power items, you'll have to rely on luck to pass down all the stats.
With the Power items, you could pass down one stat at a time, and then have the other Pokemon with the stats that didn't pass down yet breed with the brand new Pokemon, and keep going until you've passed on all 31s.

I mean it'll still be random (for the stats without Power items), but if both parents have 31s, it becomes much more likely that the child will also have 31.

Adamm said:
Evening PokéGAF

No, that's sort of right.

Whether you'd actually want to go through the process of waiting for all 3 IVs to pass down (it's gonna take you a real long time), that's a different story.

You could also try using a Power item, to guarantee that at least one of the IVs passes down. The chance to get the other 2 will be higher (though still low, relatively).

Delio

Wiseblade said:
I actually bred one with just 31 S.Atk really quickly, but then felt I needed to outdo the other offers posted. And Now I'm drowning in Dark Pulse Deino eggs.

Could always make a nice omelett. Consider how long those eggs take to hatch -_-

Christine

How does the EV math work with power items and Pokerus?

Say I kill something that gives 1 attack EV, and my poke is wearing the Power Anklet. My understanding is that it will get:

8 Speed EV (4 from the Anklet x2 from the virus)
2 Attack (1 from the kill x2 from the virus)

Is this correct? If not, how does it actually work?

Wiseblade

TwinIonEngines said:
How does the EV math work with power items and Pokerus?

Say I kill something that gives 1 attack EV, and my poke is wearing the Power Anklet. My understanding is that it will get:

8 Speed EV (4 from the Anklet x2 from the virus)
2 Attack (1 from the kill x2 from the virus)

Is this correct? If not, how does it actually work?

You're absolutely correct.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
Not a great remix, but I'm always happy to see Driftveil (as a composition) get the lovin' that it deserves <3
I'm looking forward to the coming months, since I think we'll start seeing a whole slew of awesome remixes crop up.
3AQmK.gif

I was so pleasantly surprised to hear it first thing in the first ep of the BW anime.
Rewatching it to make a script for an abridged series. >.>

JaCy

Busaiku said:
Sure, I've got one.
I'll take anything for it.

Friend code's in the GAF list.

Mine is in the list too, and does it matter what I give you? I have a few spare Zoruaras or any of the starters for BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom