• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

I got a RNGed flawless Japanese Ditto on Smogon a while back, so I'm set (at least once I unlock the Poké Transfer).

MicH said:
That happened to me :p

Its the un-written code. Why would someone want to trade THEIR Ditto for any old Ditto from their land? No, you want one from somewhere else so that you can shiny breed, just like the other person wants.

MicH

Black-Wind said:
That happened to me :p

Its the un-written code. Why would someone want to trade THEIR Ditto for any old Ditto from their land? No, you want one from somewhere else so that you can shiny breed, just like the other person wants.

Yeah, you would think so, right? I got so many ordinary Dittos it's insane. Maybe it has to do with my location being set to Denmark. Damnit, it's still an English Ditto!

MicH

I believe it's about the language the game is in. English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian. I think those are the kind of languages the game is released in. So a foreign Pokémon is a Pokémon from another language than yours.

Murkas

MicH said:
I believe it's about the language the game is in. English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian. I think those are the kind of languages the game is released in. So a foreign Pokémon is a Pokémon from another language than yours.

I see. Just searched for a Japanese Ditto and as usual the requests are insane, lets see what the Spain says!

Roto13

MicH said:
I don't think it's about language. I think any Ditto from another region's version of the game will work.

upandaway

This time's train in Anville is the Hyperspeed Train
axfDd.gif

Ah, the things that make me laugh when I'm caught by surprise...

Victrix

*beard*
Figures, I pick up a pokemon game for the first time in close to ten years and the thread gets torpedoed

Anyway, what's up with the GTS insanity? I'm not expecting to get anything cool with my feeble early game pokemanz, but every request I see is for stuff like level 100 legendaries, regardless of how dumb the offered pokemon is. Negotiations are just as bad, just a sea of :( :( :(

upandaway

Victrix said:
Figures, I pick up a pokemon game for the first time in close to ten years and the thread gets torpedoed

Anyway, what's up with the GTS insanity? I'm not expecting to get anything cool with my feeble early game pokemanz, but every request I see is for stuff like level 100 legendaries, regardless of how dumb the offered pokemon is. Negotiations are just as bad, just a sea of :( :( :(
You're not using the correct GTS.

There's actually a far better one right here.

(your avatar's dead to me by the way, as in I see ?'s)

OMG Aero

Victrix said:

With the way the GTS works, you are always going to see ridiculous trades because they never go through and stay on the system.
The right way to use the GTS is to deposit your own Pokemon and ask for fair trades (eg. your version exclusive for the other version exclusive, a Pokemon that evolves by trade for another trade evolving Pokemon, or a starter for basically anything). Then leave the GTS and come back in a few hours or the next day and there is 90% chance your trade will go through.

Legitimate trades are on the GTS, but since you can only see 7 at a time the chance is that you are going to see the trades that never go through. If you deposit the Pokemon yourself then the system will match up the trade for you.

Woffls

YEAAHHH! Rented Pokémon Black so I'm currently storming through it and trading over the highest level team I can use. I think I'm going to catch all the legendaries again, including Victini because I managed to get a Liberty Pass, then trade them back over to White. At which point I'll start it all over again to get my 3rd starter and Pansear :D

I tried to get the Entralink stuff working but I must have been doing something wrong :s I'll figure it out later.

Community sucks :(

Ketch

Going to see the in laws this weekend. Glade I have DS and pokemon now otherwise this would be brutal.

I just got to nimbasa for the first time and I gotta say this game is nuts. So japanese that it hurts. Like the dress up/musical theater, then walking into a random house to find out its like a battle arena where my pokes will be auto lvl'd to 50. NPCs talking about battle subways.... so randomly huge.

Gravijah said:

Nah. I don't want to feel like throwing myself off Sky Arrow Bridge when I just beat the shit out of pretty much everyone. XD

Anyway:

Lotad - #270 (Jolly)
HP: 23 - 25
Att: 29
Def: 6 - 8
SpA: 18 - 19
SpD: 14 - 15
Speed: 29

This is just the first one I caught in HG. Obviously I'm gonna breed because my Ditto's great, but this is actually far from unusable.

Delio

Need new OT. Must add to convo. I'm struggling to find items that fit my team right now. I'd really hate to go into the tournament with something not even having a item.

JVIDICAN

Delio said:
Need new OT. Must add to convo. I'm struggling to find items that fit my team right now. I'd really hate to go into the tournament with something not even having a item.
I have plenty of items. What exactly do you need? :p

JVIDICAN

DoomXploder7 said:
hey does anyone have an extra dark pulse dieno male and a male drain punch and mach punch timburr they can give me?
I have a few timburrs. But really Drain punch is overrated, give conkeldurr something like hammer arm and opponents wont be around long enough make a difference. :p

JVIDICAN

Delio said:
Any suggestions? I'd love it so i can be a better match in the tournament.
I'd need to see more information(EV spread, move sets, items, ect.) to make any worthwhile suggestions. Which you might not want to reveal to an opponent. :p
Although I'd never say a word to anyone else, it's your call. :)

Delio

JVIDICAN said:
I'd need to see more information(EV spread, move sets, items, ect.) to make any worthwhile suggestions. Which you might not want to reveal to an opponent. :p
Although I'd never say a word to anyone else, it's your call. :)

Yeah i wouldnt want to reveal everything haha. But i think it's clear what i need a check for.

JVIDICAN

Alright. from now on if I see a smeargle on a team in wi-fi, I'm leaving before the match starts. Screw you dark void smeargle! >:[

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yo guys I talked to Stump and he said it shouldn't be a problem to post the OT3 back in Gaming. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom