• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
N in
Nimbasa City
:

tumblr_lgslitYEIl1qds06do1_500.gif

Anyone have a water and grass starter egg I can have, I just placed my order with Amazon despite saying I was going to wait to play it on my yet-to-be-determined-color 3DS.

Teknoman

Billychu said:
Ahem. I have SAND on my BOOTS!

jjzELs.gif

About the sages, the image that pops into my head is the Link to the Past intro. The sage's clothes look similar too. Glad Game Freak keeps trying to add a more substantial amount of story content with each new version.

Cruceh

Banned
I traded for an Axew egg and it's absolutely demolishing everything in one hit :lol
Team:
Axew lv42
Emolga lv43
Zorua lv41
Victini lv41

zumphry

Banned
This city is fucking weird. First off, I think it's cool because
I finally get the bike and get to smash some Plasma heads in
, but then it turns into some Twilight Zone episode with
N being creepy as fuck and making me ride a ferris wheel with him and telling me he's the king of the nutjobs
. Then I try to run but Bianca then fucking
forces me to go into the musical hall
, and when I try to run from THAT, it turns into bloody Days of Our Lives.

Fuck this city. I hope it burns.

WEGGLES

*Entering cave*

Well, at least with all new pokemon I don't have to see fucking zubats all day

*ENCOUNTER*

*Wild Woobat appears*

That HAD to be on purpose.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
One change I don't like is that the Pokedex counter (when saving) is using Pokemon Seen like DPPt, not Caught. In HG/SS it was Caught and I liked that a lot more.

dragonlife29 said:
I didn't see it in the OP, but can you migrate Pokemon from the GBA games to Black and White like you can in Diamond and Pearl?

No. You can only migrate previous from the previous DS games.

btkadams said:
one day ill find something in the trashcan....one day.
Seriously. EarthBound trained me to check every trash can in any game where such an action is possible.

I love so many things about this generation. Just to name a few:
  • Lillipup with the Pickup ability, grabbing useful items
  • 12 Wonder Cards instead of 3
  • WPA support on DSi with video chat

Firestorm

Balb said:
Posted this in the wrong thread:

As I keep playing the game I can't help but feel like they were forced to rush this game out or something. Seriously, another ice gym leader (who happens to be named Brycen in the English version, similar to Bryce) with a slide puzzle? Swoobat instead of Zubat? Another pigeon Pokemon?

Maybe I'm wrong but this just feels like a mish mash of older games. I mean I'm still enjoying it but still. Doesn't seem very original at all.
Pokemon not feeling original?
shock and awe

Teknoman

Feels original yet familiar if that makes any sense.

Its strange that I dont really like bugs that much in real life, but I really like most of the bug types in Pokemon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nintendo Playstation said:
Seriously. EarthBound trained me to check every trash can in any game where such an action is possible.

I love so many things about this generation. Just to name a few:
  • 12 Wonder Cards instead of 3

:O

So beautiful... should have sent... a poet...

KJTB

Well, after 2 days of no-lifing the game I finally beat the main story... Total game time played is 21 hours and I got it yesterday, god damn hahaha

Gotta say that I really enjoyed it, I couldn't put the damn game down. I'd say that it was my 3rd favorite pokemon game, behind Blue (nostalgia always wins for me) and silver.

The ending was pretty cool too. I did like how it seemed like they put a little more effort into the rpg elements of the game in comparison to the other gens but I won't say that it was anything special.

Gonna take a break for a couple of days before I hop back on and see what's to offer after the main story. Have fun making your way up to the finale :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Negator said:
One more level until Excadrill learns Earthquake and everything that doesn't fly rolls over and dies.

Knock Down is a pretty good move for that.

Teknoman

Dipindots said:
Well, after 2 days of no-lifing the game I finally beat the main story... Total game time played is 21 hours and I got it yesterday, god damn hahaha

Gotta say that I really enjoyed it, I couldn't put the damn game down. I'd say that it was my 3rd favorite pokemon game, behind Blue (nostalgia always wins for me) and silver.

The ending was pretty cool too. I did like how it seemed like they put a little more effort into the rpg elements of the game in comparison to the other gens but I won't say that it was anything special.

Wow, i'm 18 hours in, and I havent beaten the third gym. Then again i've been messing around with every aspect of the game, talking to everyone, and trying to catch everything :p

Andrex said:
Knock Down is a pretty good move for that.

Heh, love to see the look on the face of the person who doesnt know about that attack. Probably would go in the same cycle as the fuuu face.

KJTB

Teknoman said:
Wow, i'm 18 hours in, and I havent beaten the third gym. Then again i've been messing around with every aspect of the game, talking to everyone, and trying to catch everything :p

About 8 hours into the game I turned off battle animations and made the text fast so that definitely made the game quicker. I also didn't really fiddle around with everything, I kind of went the straight and narrow route all the way through the main story. Now when I play in my leisure I'll be enjoying the finer aspects of the game :)

Andrex said:
Solosis... I need one. Now.

Grr, have to wait until Route 5. Not too far away...

Just caught one, myself. It's rather difficult to train. Low stats early on, with no real attacks until 25 when it learns Psyshock. Totally worth it, though.

105 Special Attack as the 1st stage of a 3-stage evolution is absolutely insane, though. ._.

Anth0ny

Small Mailman said:
What's this talk of being able to have a Legendary before your 3rd badge!?

Yup, you can get it as soon as you get your Liberty Ticket via mystery gift and take the cruise in the big city (third badge city).

Yes, I'm calling it the big city. It's so fucking big.

Just got a free
Lucky Egg
from
Juniper
in
Chargestone Cave
. So awesome.

This game is crazy when it comes to freebies; everyone always gives you something. I'm guessing this is GF making up for the fact that you can't transfer over any items from Gen 4 games.

Anth0ny

ColtraineGF said:
Just got a free
Lucky Egg
from
Juniper
in
Chargestone Cave
. So awesome.

This game is crazy when it comes to freebies; everyone always gives you something.

Yeah. Feels so good to get
exp share
so early in the game =)

Teknoman

About Assurance, the best way to use it is during a weather effect, or if the opponent is poisoned/burned/bound...or does those not count as damage during the same turn?

zumphry

Banned
Well, I think I'm done playing for the time being until I go into bed but actually just play the game until 12 pm.

Nimbasa City
- 13:14 in.

CGQmQ.png
Sandy the Sandile - Level 17 (Training to knock down Elesa)

Y36X4.png
Bono the Panpour - Level 25

XuYgy.png
Blitzkrieg the Blitzle - Level 23

CUoDp.png
Han the Servine - Level 23

fLw1R.png
Twitter the Tranquill - Level 23

RJ4Lc.png
Buddha the Darumaka - Level 27

Teknoman said:
About Assurance, the best way to use it is during a weather effect, or if the opponent is poisoned/burned/bound...or does those not count as damage during the same turn?
Well, it doubles if the opponent takes damage before you attack, on the same turn, so that would be something like recoil, or self hit due to confusion/infatuation, or other attacks that do self damage. Weather and status come after you attack, so those are out.
ZayneH said:
Sandy the Sandile - Level 17 (Training to knock down Elesa)
BTW, both Emolga are immune to Ground attacks :)

Teknoman

ColtraineGF said:
Well, it doubles if the opponent takes damage before you attack, on the same turn, so that would be something like recoil, or self hit due to confusion/infatuation, or other attacks that do self damage. Weather and status come after you attack, so those are out.

Oh right...there goes that plan for Liepard. I'll figure something out.

This game in gunna flunk me out of college......

I have a 10 page creative writing piece that I need to have emailed to my professor tonight that I am JUST starting on because of this damn game. It have to read it in front of my entire class so it it sucks humiliation incoming -.-

Theres one thing thats been bothering me. It just doesn't add up.

Why take out the feature of having pokemon follow and walk around with you when in the #1 slot. I loved that in HG. It is a bit disappointing.

zumphry

Banned
ColtraineGF said:

Stupid flying electric rats

>:[

Negator said:
Nothing good ol' Servine couldn't handle with some leech seed/mega drain spam.

Heh, good thing I was planning on training everyone up to around level 28, then. Though, I don't want to go too far into Route 5 or 16 (assuming the game doesn't stop me though).

btkadams

question about after the 3rd gym:
am i supposed to go to the ruins and stuff before going to the next city (next city starts with N i forget)? or do i just go through route 4 and to the city first.

btkadams said:
am i supposed to go to the ruins and stuff before going to the next city (next city starts with N i forget)? or do i just go through route 4 and to the city first.

You can just go straight through. The ruins are optional, though you can get some really nice stuff there, such as
a fossil
, among other things.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Electivirus said:
You can just go straight through. The ruins are optional, though you can get some really nice stuff there, such as
a fossil
, among other things.

Yeah I just found a fire stone and heart scale too.

Suairyu

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Yup, you can get it as soon as you get your Liberty Ticket via mystery gift and take the cruise in the big city (third badge city).

Yes, I'm calling it the big city. It's so fucking big.
And yet should barely qualify as a town. I do always roll my eyes when every place is called a "city" in Pokémon even if there are only five buildings. Black/White has been very good so far at creating the illusion of places larger than they actually are.

Cruceh

Banned
btkadams said:
you do that later. just go to the city unless you want to battle trainers in the desert i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom