• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musharna is such a pain. Battles against it are soo long-drawn-out. I hate that jerk. :I

brn7yia2n7bl8sggn.png

Jinko

BGBW said:
Worked perfectly for me in Heart Gold when I tired it yesterday. I don't even get the error screen after the transaction. However it was rather a fiddle to do since it requires using another router in my house that is just for my DS.

What I meant by only works in black and white was that you can only get Zorua from the website at the moment as its not configured to work on black and white and glitches to produce a Zorua.

Edit:- this could change once you get the national dex though I duno.

Eteric Rice

Are we using Gen V only for the first annual B/W tourneys?

I hope so, adding the other hundreds of Pokemon would be a nightmare for me. Lol

Izayoi

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Are we using Gen V only for the first annual B/W tourneys?

I hope so, adding the other hundreds of Pokemon would be a nightmare for me. Lol
Yeah, only Gen V Pokemon. No Legendaries or Event Pokemon though, IIRC. Check the thread in the OP, it's got the rules.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I haven't had this much fun with a JRPG since, shit, Pokémon Yellow? I thought the linear dungeons would make it really boring, but instead of feeling dumb downed and easy it's all streamlined and down to the point. I'm in love with Pokeymanz again.

Gravijah

Jeez, why is Basculin so annoying to catch? It's just a stupid fish.

Edit: Seriously, WTF. 1 HP and it hasn't gotten into 10+ balls.

Izayoi

Banned
Jinko said:
Encountered a shiny Terrakion and i killed him by accident ;.;, now he won't respawn :(
You killed a shiny Legendary?

You haven't put your fist through your monitor and snapped your DS in half yet?

I find that awfully hard to believe.

Gravijah said:

Dusk Balls. Always.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OMG Aero said:
This Pokemon's evolution line is literally the worst looking this gen.
But I like his middle form's animation. :(

Gravijah said:

Net balls my friend, net balls.

Jinko

Izayoi said:

Dusk Balls. Always.

I didn't realise he was shiny until i looked his sprite up afterwards, still can't get him to respawn maybe hes gone for good /shrug.

Any know if he would have moved somewhere else ?

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Dusk Balls. Always.

I tried all kinds of balls, finally went in. A few ultra, a few dusk, a few great. I think it's officially morning though so the dusk balls must have been 1X chance...

BGBW said:
Net balls my friend, net balls.

Yeah yeah I need some. I just got surf and I'm exploring!

Edit: Gasp, my crit capture failed. What luck. Stupid scraggy!

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:

Dusk Balls. Always.
Some of us are able to control our rage.

PS: I like the way Confused Pokémon hit themselves before the text pops up now... ¬_¬

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gravijah said:
I tried all kinds of balls, finally went in. A few ultra, a few dusk, a few great. I think it's officially morning though so the dusk balls must have been 1X chance...

Yeah yeah I need some. I just got surf and I'm exploring!

Edit: Gasp, my crit capture failed. What luck. Stupid scraggy!

Press Down and B while you touch your tongue with your nose (or was it backwards?).

Izayoi

Banned
Jinko said:
I didn't realise he was shiny until i looked his sprite up afterwards, still can't get him to respawn maybe hes gone for good /shrug.

Any know if he would have moved somewhere else ?
The sparkly animation and loud noise didn't tip you off?

And no, if you kill him he's gone for good.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
But... Sheer Force and 140 base attack...

Yeah, but I'm getting bored of him. :( Plus I don't have that move yet. I haven't really looked up the moves Pokemon can learn and at what level, since I'm playing the game rather blind.

BGBW said:
Kind of funny you are having such difficulty catching 'mons since I've found this one of the easier games. Only had to use one Ultraball so far.

Well, it was just that Basculin. I dunno what was up. He popped out of a black spot in water.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of funny you are having such difficulty catching 'mons since I've found this one of the easier games. Only had to use one Ultraball so far.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Yeah, but I'm getting bored of him. :( Plus I don't have that move yet. I haven't really looked up the moves Pokemon can learn and at what level, since I'm playing the game rather blind.
Sheer Force is an ability, dude.

Sheer Force raises the base power of all moves that have a positive secondary effect by 30%, whereas the secondary effects are ignored. However, this ability is not applied to moves that have a negative effect on the user, such as recoil, two-turn moves, and stat reduction after using certain moves.

If a Pokémon with Sheer Force is holding a Life Orb and uses an attack that would be boosted by Sheer Force, then the move gains both boosts but the user does not receive the Life Orb recoil damage. The effects of Escape Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card are also negated by Sheer Force.
60% boost when using a secondary-bonus attack and holding a Life Orb. With already having a base attack of 140 it makes Conkeldurr one of the hardest hitting Pokemon in the game, Legendary or not.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:

60% boost when using a secondary-bonus attack and holding a Life Orb. With already having a base attack of 140 it makes Conkeldurr one of the hardest hitting Pokemon in the game, Legendary or not.

Ooh yeah, that ability! Sigh, fine. I'll keep him. Are you happy? Hm?!

Now I just need him to learn some good moves...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Izayoi said:

Just realised mine has guts. :( Too late now.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Ooh yeah, that ability! Sigh, fine. I'll keep him. Are you happy? Hm?!

Now I just need him to learn some good moves...
You do remember that TMs are unlimited use now, right? ;P

BGBW said:
Just realised mine has guts. :( Too late now.
Lucky Egg and Elite Four say hi. But yeah it's not really a huge deal unless you're going to be battling other people.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
You do remember that TMs are unlimited use now, right? ;P

Yeah, but I don't really have many useful ones yet. Only have 6 badges. Exploring now since I have Surf, so maybe I'll run into a few.

Ended up tossing Bulldoze onto him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Izayoi said:
Lucky Egg and Elite Four say hi. But yeah it's not really a huge deal unless you're going to be battling other people.
Well since this in team is for the game I'm not too concerned, besides I'm at the Elite Four now so training up another to level 50ish will be a pain. If I lose my marbles and decide to get into competitive battling I'l raise another one properly.

Gravijah

OneMoreQuestion said:
No, I have a DS Lite...

Wait, you're not going to give me some bad news now, are you D:

:/ Pretty sure WPA support is DSi (and 3DS) only... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Gravijah said:
:/ Pretty sure WPA support is DSi (and 3DS) only... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Just reread the article, yeah you were right...

Sorry Nintendo, no sale.

I doubt that they'll miss my sale that much though...

Gravijah

Shed_a_Ninja said:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/35/537Seismitoad.png/180px-537Seismitoad.png[IMG]

compared to

[IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/2d/062Poliwrath.png/170px-062Poliwrath.png[/MG]

?

No.[/QUOTE]

Both are awesome. I love the colors of Seismitoad.

Woffls

yeeaahhhh I just caught Zekrom using two Pokéballs!

The Pokémon League is much more interesting this time around. Can't say why, but those who have beaten it know how epic it is.

So far I have a very mixed feelings on the game. I relied heavily on the touch screen for Soul Silver, and now the lack of support seems akin to a PS3 firmware downgrade. I'm shocked that such simple improvements were taken out of the game.

I like that I don't know any of the Pokemon. I was really surprised when a kungfu dressed Pokemon popped up on my screen, and he has been my main ever sense. I named him BroFist. I also really appreciate the addition of people to heal your Pokemon. I've really only ran into one so far, but I think every area should have them.

Do the wireless features operate differently on the 3DS? Is this part of gamefreak's plan to force us to upgrade to an always on connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom