• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Jofamo

I really can't see how anyone can think it's anything other than a completely new type. The evidence is stacked that way so much it's blatant.

Every Eeveelutions name has explicit connections to its type.

Vaporeon - Vapor - Water
Jolteon - Jolt - Electric
Flareon - Flare - Fire
Espeon - ESP - Psychic
Umbreon - Umbra (Shade) - Dark
Leafeon - Leaf - Grass
Glaceon - Glacier - Ice
Sylveon - Sylvian - ???

It's not gonna be flying. It'd be way more apparent in the name if it was. Same for any of the known types. The fact they're hiding the type this much should be setting off alarm calls.

My bet is on the Fairy type, but perhaps better named as Dream.

Edit: Ill also say that I think it'll be female exclusive too. Not that they couldn't go with a male version, but I think that there will be another new type, and another new eeveelution that's male only. It'd fit in with the X & Y names.

I want the "Global Connection" medal in Black 2 for registering 32 Friend Codes in the Pal Pad. I currently have 15 people in my Pal Pad, so I need to make 17 new friends!

If I have never traded with you before and there is an egg for anything you want, let me know and I will give it to you!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Like I said I really wanted to add Arcanine for an avy but I can't find a good looking buff one. And hey, Chespin fits well!

Boss Doggie

13632441335280vjf5.jpg

This made me laugh.

...now I want Pokemon Conquest: US edition

JoeM86

If any of you imported the Japanese games (all four Gen V ones), go to the Dream World today and put in the password 130314pokemonbw2 to get a Dragonite. It's only live for a week

I really can't see how anyone can think it's anything other than a completely new type. The evidence is stacked that way so much it's blatant.

Every Eeveelutions name has explicit connections to its type.

Vaporeon - Vapor - Water
Jolteon - Jolt - Electric
Flareon - Flare - Fire
Espeon - ESP - Psychic
Umbreon - Umbra (Shade) - Dark
Leafeon - Leaf - Grass
Glaceon - Glacier - Ice
Sylveon - Sylvian - ???

It's not gonna be flying. It'd be way more apparent in the name if it was. Same for any of the known types. The fact they're hiding the type this much should be setting off alarm calls.

My bet is on the Fairy type, but perhaps better named as Dream.

Edit: Ill also say that I think it'll be female exclusive too. Not that they couldn't go with a male version, but I think that there will be another new type, and another new eeveelution that's male only. It'd fit in with the X & Y names.

I fully agree.

What's the point of making a big deal about it's typing in not only JPN but WW? Why try so damn hard to make sure it doesn't look like ANY known type of Pokemon and that in all languages it's name translates to something not related to any current type?

Pokemon is marketed to kids so it's important to keep that in mind when you look at how they do things. There's not gonna be some deep meaning hidden in the names/ designs and translations of Pokemon. I feel the same about Mewtwo's appearance in this up coming movie and the possibility of it leading to Mewtwo getting a new "from" (and pretty much said the same thing on /vp). You don't tell kids things like "you haven't SEEN the REAL Mewtwo yet/ you don't know the true Mewtwo ..." or w/e and subtitle the film "awakening" just so that you can have Mewtwo simply find it's answer's about life and move on.

As for the new type Sylveon could be sporting? I'd say Life/ Nature/ Spirit/ Nymph type could all work name-wise for the most part. Would make sense for them to be female-focused seeing as they are the ones who bring life into the world.

I think you guys are putting too much stock in sexes for this.
It's not XX and XY versions.
The only thing we know about the meaning of XY so far is that the titles are clearly based on genetic gender chromosomes.

And I actually DO think that the next games after them will be called "XX and XY".

Pokemon Conquest: Canada Edition would be pretty disturbing. Pokemon Fur Trading.

It wouldn't have much variety either, since every enemy would have either Bidoof or some kind of goose Pokémon.

US Edition would actually be kind of cool, though. I wonder what kind of Pokémon the Hessians would have...

OctoWara289

Neo Member
I fully agree.

What's the point of making a big deal about it's typing in not only JPN but WW? Why try so damn hard to make sure it doesn't look like ANY known type of Pokemon and that in all languages it's name translates to something not related to any current type?

Pokemon is marketed to kids so it's important to keep that in mind when you look at how they do things. There's not gonna be some deep meaning hidden in the names/ designs and translations of Pokemon. I feel the same about Mewtwo's appearance in this up coming movie and the possibility of it leading to Mewtwo getting a new "from" (and pretty much said the same thing on /vp). You don't tell kids things like "you haven't SEEN the REAL Mewtwo yet/ you don't know the true Mewtwo ..." or w/e and subtitle the film "awakening" just so that you can have Mewtwo simply find it's answer's about life and move on.

As for the new type Sylveon could be sporting? I'd say Life/ Nature/ Spirit/ Nymph type could all work name-wise for the most part. Would make sense for them to be female-focused seeing as they are the ones who bring life into the world.

The only thing we know about the meaning of XY so far is that the titles are clearly based on genetic gender chromosomes.

And I actually DO think that the next games after them will be called "XX and XY".

I agree with everything you said. :) Also, if the next games were to be called "XX" and "XY", can we have them subtitled: "Feelinara the Magic"? I hope someone gets the reference...

Boss Doggie

It wouldn't have much variety either, since every enemy would have either Bidoof or some kind of goose Pokémon.

US Edition would actually be kind of cool, though. I wonder what kind of Pokémon the Hessians would have...

Hey now... don't forget Glalie! Canada likes hockeys right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It seems kind of odd that for the "female version", if the X = female theory is to be believed, they'd go with an animal that has notable gender dimorphism and specifically give it huge honkin' antlers that'd you only see on a male. I mean, I think it might be inspired by Dianna, a female Goddess and all, but I doubt it itself is meant to be exclusively female.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
So... stuff is still coming out regarding Pokemon in Coro Coro. Does that mean there is a possibility that something from X and Y is hidden in there? Ugh... I don't want to wait until April 12-15! :(((

Sometimes I believe that no Pokémon news might be just what we need this week. I wonder why... Maybe it's to wind down the excitement, so that the reveal will be much more effective...

JoeM86

So... stuff is still coming out regarding Pokemon in Coro Coro. Does that mean there is a possibility that something from X and Y is hidden in there? Ugh... I don't want to wait until April 12-15! :(((

Nothing would be "hidden". If there was anything in it, we'd know about it. The reason there's "stuff coming", is because it's practically irrelevant to most

OctoWara289

Neo Member
Nothing would be "hidden". If there was anything in it, we'd know about it. The reason there's "stuff coming", is because it's practically irrelevant to most

Afff.. Well, I'm hoping that since these games will get a global simultaneous release, we'll hear something soon from a different medium/source/region.

JoeM86

Afff.. Well, I'm hoping that since these games will get a global simultaneous release, we'll hear something soon from a different medium/source/region.

I don't see that happening any time soon, tbh. Maybe closer to release, but not now.

Officially, here's how it goes down for XY stuff the past two months

14th (Just two hours before it turns the 15th in Japan): US site posts the information
15th: CoroCoro is released with the information
15th (morning in the US, Afternoon in Japan): Japanese site posts the information

Anybody here who knows about the pokemon TCG mind telling me cards that can shut off poke-powers/bodies/abilities?

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is the Dragons Exalted Garbodor that when a Pokemon Tool is attached to can shut off all abilities and such.

Top Bottom