• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

ffdgh

.....I'm partially creepy out yet I can't stop chuckling.
KuGsj.gif

Poison needs love. Making it weak to poison would be super good for the balance. I don't know if I like something resisting dragon type moves though.

entremet

We would need a pair of new types for better balancing. Though maybe not. Dark and Steel was meant to balance the ridiculous Gen I psychics.

Firestorm

Anybody here who knows about the pokemon TCG mind telling me cards that can shut off poke-powers/bodies/abilities?
They're all abilities now. They stopped differentiating when Black & White came out. Garbodor from Dragons Exalted with a tool attached is the only one.

Here's the list of Colin Moll, the Nebraska State Champion from last weekend: http://celadoncitygym.com/tournament-reports-the-2013-nebraska-state-championship/

If you mean in older formats (so wouldn't be allowed now), Dialga G X had something that shut down Pokebodies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They do have demos for the main series, it's just that they're usually limited to special events in Japan, like the one for Black and White which is where Darumakka, Emolga, Audino, and other Pokemon were first seen. I'd love now that Nintendo has a decent method for portable distribution to see a buy-able demo. A small area to explore, six or so New Pokemon to use in battle, etc.

Also, you guys know how Ledian is likely based off a Sentai Hero with its design, perhaps a homage to Kamen Rider? Well, the first two enemies Kamen Rider often faces is a spider than a bat...now, go look at the National Dex at which Pokemon come after Ledian. 0.o

Also, you guys know how Ledian is likely based off a Sentai Hero with its design, perhaps a homage to Kamen Rider? Well, the first two enemies Kamen Rider often faces is a spider than a bat...now, go look at the National Dex at which Pokemon come after Ledian. 0.o

Must not been a very good homage since Ledian sucks terribly. :[

Ezalc

They're all abilities now. They stopped differentiating when Black & White came out. Garbodor from Dragons Exalted with a tool attached is the only one.

Here's the list of Colin Moll, the Nebraska State Champion from last weekend: http://celadoncitygym.com/tournament-reports-the-2013-nebraska-state-championship/

If you mean in older formats (so wouldn't be allowed now), Dialga G X had something that shut down Pokebodies.

Well I mean older formats, I don't plan on playing in official tournaments just with my friends. We all play unlimited so really any card goes. I'm thinking about using fossil Muk since it seems to be the easiest to stop my friend's annoying Chandelure.

EDIT: Aw man I love Ledian, it always saddens me how not awesome it is in the games.

Well I mean older formats, I don't plan on playing in official tournaments just with my friends. We all play unlimited so really any card goes. I'm thinking about using fossil Muk since it seems to be the easiest to stop my friend's annoying Chandelure.

I think the main problem with playing with the older cards vs. the newer ones is that there has been a power creep with each new generation of cards or so especially with Pokemon's HP and attacks. I mean, it is still doable but it would be pretty hard for the Fossil Muk to survive a couple hits.

But of course, it's up to you. See what works well.

Ledian just needs more star power. And maybe a special hold item to boost its stats like Pikachu's Light Ball. And then it could share it with Luvdisc and Spinda.

Firestorm

I think the main problem with playing with the older cards vs. the newer ones is that there has been a power creep with each new generation of cards or so especially with Pokemon's HP and attacks. I mean, it is still doable but it would be pretty hard for the Fossil Muk to survive a couple hits.

I don't think a lot of new cards are usable actually due to how broken Unlimited is. For example, there's one deck called Porydonk that just works to win on Turn 1 by returning all of the opponent's Pokemon to their hand and off the field: http://www.sixprizes.com/2011/09/12/porydonk-unlimited-deck-limits/

Edit: I mean if you're trying to be competitive, for funsies with friends it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Ezalc

I don't think a lot of new cards are usable actually due to how broken Unlimited is. For example, there's one deck called Porydonk that just works to win on Turn 1 by returning all of the opponent's Pokemon to their hand and off the field: http://www.sixprizes.com/2011/09/12/porydonk-unlimited-deck-limits/

Edit: I mean if you're trying to be competitive, for funsies with friends it shouldn't be too big a deal.
Yeah my friend told me about this deck hahaha. Pretty broken. The fun part of unlimited is being broken though. I want to beat my EX using friends with normal pokemon so they know that it's not all about these fancy jerks.

Fossil muk just has to be in play for the ability to kick in. So he's not going to be up front. He just has to stop my friend's annoying ass chandellure's ability to hit anything on my bench.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In Japan, I think at the Pokemon Center, they have pictures of card artwork on display and such...someone took one of the pictures and edited in a fake card I guess. It's a pretty unusual idea for a fake, since that's not a medium you expect to see, and an even unusual-er idea for a Pokemon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
In Japan, I think at the Pokemon Center, they have pictures of card artwork on display and such...someone took one of the pictures and edited in a fake card I guess. It's a pretty unusual idea for a fake, since that's not a medium you expect to see, and an even unusual-er idea for a Pokemon.

Yeah, I can tell because that card reminded me of Jungle guy from Avatar: Last Airbender.

ash_ag

How would you guys feel about an Aether / Holy type? It's kinda sorta the fifth of the five classical elements and an often standard type in Japanese RPGs (for example all standard FF elements have a Pokèmon counterpart, except for Holy). Furthermore, when you think of nymphs and sylphs, they fit rather well with that concept; an extra point for aether, much like sylph, having an indirect relationship to the air -- the air as in "spirit" rather than as in "wind".

I think it would fit great. Perhaps even for Xerneas and Yveltal.

Firestorm

Yeah my friend told me about this deck hahaha. Pretty broken. The fun part of unlimited is being broken though. I want to beat my EX using friends with normal pokemon so they know that it's not all about these fancy jerks.
The man himself!

bouffalant-dragons-exalted-drx-110.jpg

Fossil muk just has to be in play for the ability to kick in. So he's not going to be up front. He just has to stop my friend's annoying ass chandellure's ability to hit anything on my bench.
You could also run a Pokemon Center stadium to heal 20 on your bench each turn making his 3 damage counters turn into 2. Though if he's using Chandelure I assume he's switching between two?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How would you guys feel about an Aether / Holy type? It's kinda sorta the fifth of the five classical elements and an often standard type in Japanese RPGs (for example all standard FF elements have a Pokèmon counterpart, except for Holy). Furthermore, when you think of nymphs and sylphs, they fit rather well with that concept; an extra point for aether, much like sylph, having an indirect relationship to the air -- the air as in "spirit" rather than as in "wind".

I think it would fit great. Perhaps even for Xerneas and Yveltal.

Flying fits that though.

Top Bottom