• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Delio

Oh yeah, Electric Tale of Pikachu is the best of the mangas, if only because it uses the anime but at the same time makes it work much better. I knew it'd be superior when Satoshi caught the Fearow.

And yeah, that's why I also hate the manga - HAH ALL GEN I GYM LEADERS ARE SECRETLY EVULZ

I forgot he caught a Fearow in that manga. Isnt that the same one where he had the Poliwhirl?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think its someone use just uses a Pokemon because they genuinely like that Pokemon as opposed to "ZOMG THAT POKEMON HAS AWESOME STAB AND STATS I"LL USE THAT"

If that's truly what that stands for, then I'm totally that. I never look at stats or do any kind of EV training.

Nah, it's the stupid "Hah, there's no such thing as weak Pokemon! Use your favorite regardless on how they work! Those who do not believe should be burned!" Essentially, scrub players.

Which is why I love Gen V. In Gen V there are NPCs that recognize that there ARE strong and weak Pokemon.

backlot

Nah, it's the stupid "Hah, there's no such thing as weak Pokemon! Use your favorite regardless on how they work! Those who do not believe should be burned!" Essentially, scrub players.

Which is why I love Gen V. In Gen V there are NPCs that recognize that there ARE strong and weak Pokemon.

Same thing. A loser's a loser.

MikeMyers

Oh okay.

Well to be fair a lot of "weak" pokemon are actually good in game. Charizard for example is insanely good in RBY, Slash and Dig destroys almost everything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mark my words, the manga will make you feel queasy!

Oh okay.

Well to be fair a lot of "weak" pokemon are actually good in game. Charizard for example is insanely good in RBY, Slash and Dig destroys almost everything.

All Pokemon are viable in-game. :p

Well maybe except for Magikarp?

I forgot he caught a Fearow in that manga. Isnt that the same one where he had the Poliwhirl?

Poliwhirl was in Special I think.

MikeMyers

All Pokemon are viable in-game. :p

That's what I meant.

Well maybe except for Magikarp?

I'll have you know I've trained a Magikarp in every mainline Pokemon game so far.

tumblr_mk1s51Rzzb1s0g1z4o1_500.gif

I even took down Volkner with Gyarados and lived to tell the tale

MikeMyers

After I finish collecting the Safari Zone Pokemon in Johto I want to restart HG using Pokemon I rarely use.

The Safari Zone is confusing the hell out of me. I showed him Sandshrew, but the whole object thing is confusing.

entremet

I'm reading the GSC portion, it makes me want to replay Heart Gold even though I beat it all last month. Dragon Dance Gyarados is too broken.

Maybe I'll do it again, with a different team so Pokemon I didn't use last time.

Thyplosion
Quagsire
Ampharos
Scyther
Victrebel
flier
I just finished a Soul Silver Run. Typhosion is pretty awesome. Such pretty good special attack and speed. I ran a Sunny Day set--Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower. Forget the forth move.

MikeMyers

I just finished a Soul Silver Run. Typhosion is pretty awesome. Such pretty special attack and speed. I ran a Sunny Day set--Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower. Forget the forth move.

Focus Blast?

Last time I played I did Megainum, Gyarados, Sandslash, Skarmory, Gengar, Ninetails.

entremet

Focus Blast?
Yes!

Last time I played I did Megainum, Gyarados, Sandslash, Skarmory, Gengar, Ninetails.

I had.

Crobat--Such a great Pokemon. One of my favs since Gen II
Machoke--didn't have another Gen V game to trade
Graveler--ditto
Typhosion
Gyarados--Dragon Dance set, so unfair-Waterfall, Ice Fang,
Espeon--Dual Screens, Psychic, Shadow Ball.

MikeMyers

I had.

Crobat--Such a great Pokemon. One of my favs since Gen II
Machoke--didn't have another Gen V game to trade
Graveler--ditto
Typhosion
Gyarados--Dragon Dance set, so unfair-Waterfall, Ice Fang,
Espeon--Dual Screens, Psychic, Shadow Ball.

Yeah, Gyarados is way too overpowered, hence why I wont use him this time.

I need a 6th member for my team I posted earleir, preferably something that can use Fly.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm feeling the itch to do some more "competitive" training, you know, Nature/EV sets, not exactly perfect Smogon-approved, but ones to use in-game.

Thinking of trying to make a mono-team...probably Fighting, since I've got a great Medicham and Hariyama already.

Medicham
Hariyama
Poliwrath
Heracross
Lucario
Breloom

I've never trained or used those dudes before in any capacity, might be fun. First off Poliwrath since it's easy to do...

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 96 Def / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Overhead Throw
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide

I kind of like this as a simplistic, viable in-game set.

Today is the first day I've had any free time to play Pokémon in over a week!

Anyway, I bought White 2 and managed to get another Meloetta on the last day they were available in the US, so if there is anyone who still needs one, I will gladly send it your way. Cheska asked first!

backlot

It's really not worth EV training for an in game team. It's pretty difficult to do without access to different areas of the game. Unless I misunderstood what you meant by "in game".

JazzmanZ

Just a heads up guys but theres a possibly fake pamphlet going around on 4chans /vp/ that shows a baby drowzee.

It looks like a cross between jigglypuff and drowzee and looks like Alf.

Why would they give Drowzee of all Pokémon a Baby form, especially when it's evolution is still mediocre at best?

My bet's on fake. If they're going to continue to do Baby forms, I hope they at least make ones that give valuable tools to their parents (i.e. Wynaut giving Wobbuffet access to Encore or Munchlax giving Snorlax access to the Stockpile series and Recycle).

Watch Da Birdie

Just a heads up guys but theres a possibly fake pamphlet going around on 4chans /vp/ that shows a baby drowzee.

It looks like a cross between jigglypuff and drowzee and looks like Alf.

Numerous reasons why it's fake.

The pre-evolution's name is written in hiragana, not katakana, the standard way of writing out Pokemon.

No hiragana gloss over the kanji.

Drowzee is a 1 EV Pokemon. Bar Roselia, who was bumped up to 2 EV because it was now a mid-form with a pre-evo and an evolution introduced, all Baby Pokemon were given to Pokemon with 2 EVs at least.

It's weird when these fakes have decent art and composition, but can't get the basic facts straight that are easy to look up...I mean, the fact they missed the fact every Pokemon ever has a katakana name is just dumb as shit.

I think it's super cute, though, but I'd rather have a Hypno evolution.

Madao

yeah, hypno needs to evolve. poor guy got shafted in GSC special split and has never recovered.

they also need to evolve Torkoal.

JazzmanZ

Numerous reasons why it's fake.

The pre-evolution's name is written in hiragana, not katakana, the standard way of writing out Pokemon.

No hiragana gloss over the kanji.

Drowzee is a 1 EV Pokemon. Bar Roselia, who was bumped up to 2 EV because it was now a mid-form with a pre-evo and an evolution introduced, all Baby Pokemon were given to Pokemon with 2 EVs at least.

It's weird when these fakes have decent art and composition, but can't get the basic facts straight that are easy to look up...I mean, the fact they missed the fact every Pokemon ever has a katakana name is just dumb as shit.

I think it's super cute, though, but I'd rather have a Hypno evolution.

Well great! then I can post the fake image!

Watch Da Birdie

There's a picture of a New Mewtwo Form floating around that makes me feel odd. Not sure if it counts as a magazine scan or what...

The form is obviously overlay-ed over Mewtwo in the main movie poster, yet not the same pose exactly. There's weird "dirt" and "scratches" over the picture. but that makes me it odder for me since most fakes go for either a SUPER BLURRY CAM PIC or SUPER SMOOTH MAGAZINE SCAN

MikeMyers

yeah, hypno needs to evolve. poor guy got shafted in GSC special split and has never recovered..

Doesn't Hypno touch little kids in inappropriate areas? I heard that rumour and originally brushed it off as internet rubbish, but after reading his FR/LG entries and giving that he does kidnap a kid in that game...i'm starting to think there might be some truth to that.

Watch Da Birdie

CSRfNZm.jpg

Enjoy your new Mewtwo Form guys! The other pic of it I think was from a magazine, this I believe is some promotional gift-bag given out at whatever event this is from. A dude on Serebii, slowkingsley, posted it, and he's been known to be reliable in the past.

CorvoSol

CSRfNZm.jpg

Enjoy your new Mewtwo Form guys! The other pic of it I think was from a magazine, this I believe is some promotional gift-bag given out at whatever event this is from. A dude on Serebii, slowkingsley, posted it, and he's been known to be reliable in the past.

Worst news I've ever had. Good golly, it's like his tail merged with his head.

CSRfNZm.jpg

It's Mewthree!

This isn't even his final form!

ffdgh

I refuse to believe....and why the heck do some people take...make pics with horrid glares and other things? Twas overdone years ago.

Top Bottom