• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I never got around to watching the Arceus Movie. :( Or Victini or Keldeo. I need to fix that.

My favorite Pokemon Movie is still Deoxys. Sure, the story isn't that great, but the setting and "feel" of it, especially when Deoxys starts attacking the city, is great.

Cheska

I never got around to watching the Arceus Movie. :( Or Victini or Keldeo. I need to fix that.

My favorite Pokemon Movie is still Deoxys. Sure, the story isn't that great, but the setting and "feel" of it, especially when Deoxys starts attacking the city, is great.

I think the reason most people prefer to earlier films is because they seem to have more heart to them. The later releases are just so
tumblr_lnn3diCvJ91qluebuo1_500.gif

Watch Da Birdie

The main problem is starting with Manaphy, all the movies seem a bit...like remixes of older movies?

Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini involve a small, cute Pokemon befriending a group and them protecting it from an outside thread be it Phantom, Giratina, or Dread.

Darkrai, Zoroark, and Keldeo involve Pokemon battling it out within a city, and Ash and co. getting trapped in the middle of it. Genesect vs. Mewtwo is probably going this route.

Mewtwo, Entei, and Lucario are probably the most "original", as they focus on interesting conflicts that aren't simply good vs. bad, but rather tackle a bit more complex subject matters in a way, with strong sub-plots focused on the central character's past (replace Entei with Molly though).

At the very least, the Movies offer up very pretty locations for the most part, and I like how they base them off real-world locales as of late. And I don't hate the newer films...Darkrai is actually really fun, even if it basically copies Deoxys more or less, there's enough differentiation and cool set pieces (like the Darkrai romance subplot) for me to enjoy it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think the reason most people prefer to earlier films is because they seem to have more heart to them. The later releases are just so
tumblr_lnn3diCvJ91qluebuo1_500.gif

Oh please, this "heart" bullshit is such a contrived reasoning. Hell, if anything, the first movie was terrible than many of the succeeding films.

Yes. But they could have done so much more with it.

Technically speaking the twist was kinda good.

Even with what Ash and co. did in the past, Arceus was still angry in the present. It only took a while for him to remember Ash vaguely.

Today is the first day I've had any free time to play Pokémon in over a week!

Anyway, I bought White 2 and managed to get another Meloetta on the last day they were available in the US, so if there is anyone who still needs one, I will gladly send it your way.

What would you like in exchange for this? Meloetta would complete my dex and it would save the wait for the wi-fi distribution (assuming there will be one).

I have other event pokemon spare, off the top of my head I know I have at least Jirachi, Mew and Keldeo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't know about the others but Spell of the Unown is the only Pokémon film that i really like, even the first one that is the most acclaimed generally is a movie that you must force me to see.

Movie 3 is definitely one of the best. That and Lucario.

What would you like in exchange for this? Meloetta would complete my dex and it would save the wait for the wi-fi distribution (assuming there will be one).

I have other event pokemon spare, off the top of my head I know I have at least Jirachi, Mew and Keldeo.

Ah, sorry! Cheska has already claimed it. I will edit my post so people don't get their hopes up.

I wish I had another one to give to you. :(

Don't worry man, it's generous of you to be giving it away in the first place, I'm sure they'll distribute it via wi-fi eventually anyways :p.

Watch Da Birdie

I like this mock-up of Mewtwo:

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

I just noticed the legs on the poster today. Honestly, it's kind of cool looking...in a parallel universe, I could see this Mewtwo being the original one and nothing changing really.

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

I just noticed the legs on the poster today. Honestly, it's kind of cool looking...in a parallel universe, I could see this Mewtwo being the original one and nothing changing really.

I can see where they were going with this design. The chest spike is a bit weird, but you can see a parallel in Mewtwo's design with Giegue/Giygas.

Watch Da Birdie

But its fake right?

No one's flat out disproved it.

The only thing pointing to fake is a lack of a solid source, which, unfortunately, also fits in with the idea that it's an actual leak of promotional material. Based off past trends, this New Forms would probably be revealed around June, which means that we may have to wait that long for a solid confirmation, although CoroCoro says to reveal something involving Movie 16's poster, so I think it's likely this is the Smash News.

DaBoss

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

I'll eat crow, that looks pretty good. I was too quick to judge. I guess the viewing angle was not doing it any good where I first saw it as the "tail" thing as its neck lol.

Kokonoe

Banned

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

Hands and feet are weird, also looks like Gardevoir on the top part.

Or rose tented goggles, because none of the movies are actually very good.

Or perhaps they don't share your specific view. Older movies > Newer ones.

Firestorm

Yay finally got my Meloetta today. Now it's in the clutches of the deliveryman until I stop lying to myself about how im going to learn to RNG it.

I'm excited, but also kind of afraid that it'll just be the new Mewtwo forme's official reveal. I'll curb my expectations accordingly.
I don't think this reveal will be Mewtwo, assuming it's real (I've been saying that a lot ._.). It's a bit too low-key to say something like "Poke-morning, here's a new forme for Mewtwo. Here's him standing on a grass patch doing something. Here's him on a poster. Enjoy the next month~". He'd be something that'd be revealed through a new movie trailer, with Ash going all "!?" and being surprised yet again.

Watch Da Birdie

That's what I'm worried about.

I strongly believe this is real, but the thing is, the New Form of the Movie Star tend to be revealed around June. There's a high possibility that this is authentic but not actually related to Saturday's news. 0.o

But how is a new Mewtwo Form low-key?

DaBoss

I'm excited, but also kind of afraid that it'll just be the new Mewtwo forme's official reveal. I'll curb my expectations accordingly.

Would be pretty odd to reveal Mewtwo's new form in-game in X & Y, along with the fact that Pokemon's western Facebook page had X & Y logo pics posted, so it must be news relating to X & Y and not the movie.

Watch Da Birdie

Would be pretty odd to reveal Mewtwo's new form in-game in X & Y, along with the fact that Pokemon's western Facebook page had X & Y logo pics posted, so it must be news relating to X & Y and not the movie.

They'll do what they did with Sylveon.

Japan reveals it in the game and movie.

Worldwide focuses on the game only.

That's what I'm worried about.

I strongly believe this is real, but the thing is, the New Form of the Movie Star tend to be revealed around June. There's a high possibility that this is authentic but not actually related to Saturday's news. 0.o

But how is a new Mewtwo Form low-key?
No, not the forme, the method used to reveal it. That is, the method of using a picture on a piece of cardboard and a few seconds on a patch of grass is too low key for a reveal of a Mewtwo *anything*.

Since it's apparently a movie char, I expect it to be featured in a new trailer.

Also, if the reveal is of a new Pokemon, then it couldn't be this, I think, since it's a forme and all. Unless it's an evolution...

Top Bottom