• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Emitan

kyurem snivy, kyurem oshawott and kyurem tepig

tqKjC.png

I started a new game last night in Black and it got me thinking...assuming that Black and White 2 will indeed be different from the usual third versions we get, who will the starters be?

If they're the same as now then I can't see the games being dramatically different because they'd need to be trained again which kinda implies going through the game again.
Either way I think calling the games Black and White 2 gives them a real chance to go off the board with these games. Like literally continuing where the previous ones left off or adding some areas (or a region) so that going through the whole game again is worth it.

I'm guessing it'll feature Oshawott, Snivy and Tepig, and will have new playable characters.

Whether or not it's in Unova is still up in the air. I'm thinking not; that "far away region" is WAY too big a hint.

You know what I think? I think it'll include a new beginning for those who are new to the franchise or those who are just getting back into it, and a sort of New Game+ for those of us who have completed the new beginning/White or Black. That way they can make it a "true sequel" without alienating new players.

Only problem is, what's to stop experienced players from simply trading/importing a Level 100 Scrafty into the game and breezing through the gyms? (Assuming there still are gyms, of course)

Suairyu

Banned
Only problem is, what's to stop experienced players from simply trading/importing a Level 100 Scrafty into the game and breezing through the gyms? (Assuming there still are gyms, of course)
No doubt the same system in place in all these games - no PalPark ability until late in the game.

No doubt the same system in place in all these games - no PalPark ability until late in the game.

Wouldn't that interfere with the "true sequel" philosophy? Or do you think that they'll do it likd GS; new protagonists while the old protagonist's story unfolds silently in the background?

He's talking about trading from Black and White, since these are part of the same generation.
But doesn't really matter, since there was nothing really stopping you from trading high level guys from Diamond or Pearl to Platinum.

Robin64

I assume a main-game Pokemon will have to have fire/water/grass as starters.
I really did love it when Pokemon Coliseum's story mode gave you Espeon and Umbreon, though.. Wonder if a mainline game could get away with having something different like that.

But doesn't really matter, since there was nothing really stopping you from trading high level guys from Diamond or Pearl to Platinum.

Platinum was a third version, not a sequel. If GameFreak really wants to make it a sequel (with the story being continued from BW) then they'll have to either give us the option to transfer our BW teams into the game, or come up with an explanation as to why we're back to square one.

Or, like I said before, they could just continue the story with new PCs.

Suairyu

Banned
We don't have any idea how the sequel thing is going to work, so to be honest any speculation about that particular aspect is wasted thought processes at this point.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I speculate that the new player characters' mom will in fact by Cynthia, and the father will in fact be May.

Suairyu

Banned
I speculate Cynthia will be all "come to Hoenn with me!" and take you to the airport and you lift off but once you get there all you're allowed to do is stay confined to the Battle Frontier. But she promises to take you somewhere else if you get every gold badge so you grind that for hours hoping to unlock the rest of Hoenn and when you finally have utterly beaten the Battle Frontier she takes you to Johto.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
and kyogre has an advantage on groudon >_>

It just wasn't a fair fight. Groudon has no STAB on his weather, he has lesser Pokemon to work with when it comes to Sun, and the Fire version of Water Spout is special instead of physical. Of course, not being Fire type is an advantage when it comes to Groudon has his usual defensive role. Maybe they'll make Eruption physical in the remakes and make it Fire / Ground dual type move (lolol).

what, he's pronouncing it wrong. its RAT-tata not Ra-TAT-ta :mad:

edit: my rattatas are not for any kind of breeding experiment. i just love them. its my favourite pokemon.

Also Hydreigon isn't evil, just misunderstood.

Black
This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.

White
The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.

Mmhm. Pretty big misunderstanding, innit?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
KNRoe.png

just like kyurem

Yup.

54GB1.jpg

Look how sad the bottom head looks. :(

Black
This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.

White
The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.

Mmhm. Pretty big misunderstanding, innit?

The Pokedex has a well known liberal Hydreigon bias.

Top Bottom